It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Science Advisor: Trees Should Be Allowed to Sue in Court

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
[

Trees are a renewable resource,forest management has been working for many years. I don't understand how you can say that the use of trees is unsustainable?

I invite you to go to the Rocky Mountain Region of the U.S. and tell me that forest management has been working for years.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by saabster5

Excuse me their sir or ma'am.

Their are more fracking trees in the US then their was 400 years ago.

Would you like me to show you some photos from way back when and the pictures now.

C'mon, you people need to start denying ignorance.

I really believe their is just so much propaganda out their you are just denying the obvious. When will it end?

Wisconsin at one time was the largest supplier of lumber for the US. Have you ever been here. Their are trees everywhere. Fracking everywhere. I will say it again. Their are more trees in the US then their was 400 years ago.

I cannot take this ignorance much more. AAAAAAAAAAUUUUUGHHHHHH

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
did you also know that south pole is incresing new ice so far and the global warnerers is ingoring it?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
reply to post by endisnighe

No, actually.

It's called responsibly using resources.

People don't need to die. At all. People just need to be responsible for the implications of their actions.

[edit on 12/7/2009 by ravenshadow13]

And if the actions of a civilization use up all the natural resources, Easter Island comes to mind, then they deserve to die?

Let us extrapolate, if a society is approaching the limit of sustainability, then politicians can make the decision as to who can die and who must die in order to bring populations inline with sustainability?

If you say yes to the second question, then I would have to believe that your thinking processes are pooched (for improper use of a proper expletive). Why don't you bring Allisone in here and let IT argue that Holdren is an intelligent, rational and sensible guy that can do no wrong, rather than the idiot sociopath his actions seem to define him to be, because that is what this thread is about, Holdren, his insane ideas and the fact that he has your POTUS' ear. Not the incoherent mass of tree hugging zombie woof wannabees.

Cheers - Dave

[edit on 12/8.2009 by bobs_uruncle]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

LoL! I think Easter Island is enough of a testimony to that!

I realize that people think this is silly and to some degree I get that but...

Right now I know of a tree that is very likely 80 to one hundred years old, in perfectly good health and is just too inconvenient for the local ladies tennis league who want to build a pavilion for their little tennis parties. So they pressured the HOA to hire an Arborist to declare the tree dead in anticipation of the flak they will receive when they chop the poor beautiful old tree down.

Now that tree could use a good attorney.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

Their are more fracking trees in the US then their was 400 years ago.

Would you like me to show you some photos from way back when and the pictures now.

Whatever, and we'll show you hundreds more from the endless suburbs where developers chopped down every "fraking" tree.

Not to mention mile after mile of commercial concrete sprawl. And much of it mostly useless post economic collapse.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

As for me, I think SUV's and private jets should be allowed to sue in court, concerning their abuse by asshats who use them, but who look down upon me because I choose to use incandescent lights in my studio instead of those curly-cue light bulbs that make a bluish tint I haven't figured out yet, and drive a 20 year old jeep because, well, that is just all I can afford to do. Just saying.

Heh. who was that female sort of popular singer who suggested we all only use 1 sheet of toilet paper? Heh. I don't know if she actually proclaimed that crap or not, but, well, heh, I do believe there are some of these types of holier than though type of folks that have an actual soapbox to stand upon when silly statements like that are made.

Oh, Sheryl Crow. That was the name. heh.

Yeah, I could actually believe that Tom Cruise said he was going to eat the plecenta of his baby? Why? Because these folks really do say some silly stuff from time to time.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sergeant Stiletto

Whatever, and we'll show you hundreds more from the endless suburbs where developers chopped down every "fraking" tree.

Not to mention mile after mile of commercial concrete sprawl. And much of it mostly useless post economic collapse.

With legs like that, if I were a politician I would listen to that dribble until your knees came apart and after wards throw you in the heap, with all the other used up advisers.

But I am neither a politician, nor politically correct, so oh well. There are more trees in the US right now than 400 years ago, so we still have a lot of filtering and CO2 absorption going on, on land. The bigger problems are deforestation in places like Brazil and of course ocean pollution. But, the earth is increasing the number of CO2 processing microorganisms as is the case in self regulating closed ecosystems. More CO2 means an increase in CO2 "users" as they grow and breed faster.

I once designed an agricultural robot that grew romaine lettuce in 14 days to harvest size (16" to 18" dia) from 1/8" seedlings. You put in more CO2 and better/more light, plants grow faster and use more CO2 and light. In an uncontrolled but naturally regulated system like the earth, CO2 users will grow, clean the atmosphere and reach a self regulated median position.

Do any of you tree huggers even know what frequencies of light plants use and the ratio's? Or how the photon transfer works? Or what interferes and causes photon attenuation in plants?

At some point there will be a test ;-)

Cheers - Dave

[edit on 12/8.2009 by bobs_uruncle]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by GuyverUnit I
So let me get this straight.
They will give rights to trees but not to unborn children?
They will treat a tree as a person but the real person is treated like useless pulp?
"Save a tree, chop a fetus instead"

Insane!

Well people, you elected a Communist. Happy now? At least Americans still have hostility in their belly, unlike most of the unarmed, resigned "civilized" world. Who knows what this will lead to ...

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
How would he ever get a jury to hear the case.

There is no way he would get a fair jury because about half the population (and growing)in the US thinks AGW is bunk and that would kill the case right there.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
How would he ever get a jury to hear the case.

There is no way he would get a fair jury because about half the population (and growing)in the US thinks AGW is bunk and that would kill the case right there.

Whats even funnier, is if a tree can sue, let's say the tree sues a squirrel for screwing up the trees upper canopy?

Now, a jury of squirrels, we will have to get a squirrel whisperer to translate.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Sergeant Stiletto

Yeah Easter island. They should fire the Easter island forestry service. Then again that might have been at a time when people didn't realize how long it took to regrow a forest.
I am a defender of trees,I have planted many trees in my life.However when a tree reaches its maturity it needs to be harvested.It seems to be a terrible waste to see a beautiful tree lay on the ground and rot,when the lumber could have been used to build houses for the poor.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join