It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fiction Of Climate Science

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Many of you are too young to remember, but in 1975 our government pushed "the coming ice age."

Random House dutifully printed "THE WEATHER CONSPIRACY … coming of the New Ice Age." This may be the only book ever written by 18 authors. All 18 lived just a short sled ride from Washington, D.C. Newsweek fell in line and did a cover issue warning us of global cooling on April 28, 1975. And The New York Times, Aug. 14, 1976, reported "many signs that Earth may be headed for another ice age."
Article Controls

OK, you say, that's media. But what did our rational scientists say?

In 1974, the National Science Board announced: "During the last 20 to 30 years, world temperature has fallen, irregularly at first but more sharply over the last decade. Judging from the record of the past interglacial ages, the present time of high temperatures should be drawing to an end…leading into the next ice age."

You can't blame these scientists for sucking up to the fed's mantra du jour. Scientists live off grants. Remember how Galileo recanted his preaching about the earth revolving around the sun? He, of course, was about to be barbecued by his leaders. Today's scientists merely lose their cash flow. Threats work.

In 2002 I stood in a room of the Smithsonian. One entire wall charted the cooling of our globe over the last 60 million years. This was no straight line. The curve had two steep dips followed by leveling. There were no significant warming periods. Smithsonian scientists inscribed it across some 20 feet of plaster, with timelines.

www.forbes.com...

I read that book back in the 1970's. In fact, I still have it on my desk. For those that want to see what happens when politics get involved in meterology or any science for that matter, I strongly urge you to read the book. I'm sure you can find it in a library or perhaps online. My copy is a softcover edition, ftrom Ballantine Books, (New York).

On oage 5 of the book, it starts off with an excerpt from a CIA report (yes, CIA!):

"The weather we call normal is in fact highly abnormal...There is growing CONSENSUS among LEADING CLIMATOLOGISTS that the world is undergoing a cooling trend...EXCELLENT HISTORICAL EVIDENCE exists from areas on the European plans...(Researchers hypothesize that) the change from an interglacial to glacial time period could take place in less than 200 years!"

The bold letters are mine. Sound familiar?

I wonder if these are the SAME climatologists that now claim the world is heating up?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I remember the same thing!!!

Do you remember how scientists concocted a plan to spread carbon black soot over the ice in the Artic in order to "attract" more sunlight and melt the glaciers?

It was about that time the Jim Hansen put forward his theory that gases from the burning of petrochemicals would result in a green house effect.

Kinda sounds like the current plan to seed the atmosphere with particulates in order to block the sun doesn't it?

Hopefully sanity will be restored before these goofballs do permanent damage to our environment.

Remember the hole in the ozone layer that was supposedly caused by CFC's. You know the one where the ozone layer is now healed (earlier than could be expected by the banning of CFC's in the western hemisphere). China and India haven't even enacted their ban yet (not until 2010) and they are already saying that without the hole in the ozone layer, the heat can't escape and is causing increased melting in Anartica.

I wonder if the next step will be to cancel the ban of CFC's in India and China? We paid billions for that ban and CFC's are heavier than air.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

Hopefully sanity will be restored before these goofballs do permanent damage to our environment.

I agree. That is really the main concern that I have. These clowns, unfortunately, have the power to make some very STUPID decisions that destroy the Earth, in effect.

Starvation, today, is a problem isnmany parts of the world. Studies have shown that food production INCREASES as global temperatures increase, and DECREASES drastically as temperatures go down. Therefore, one could reasonably conclude that Copenhagen may take actions which INCREASE STARVATION in the world.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
There is no doubt that starvation will increase! The government funded projects to create biofuels. The idea of biofuels has been around since the hippies in the 60s! But nobody ever stopped to consider what would happen if limited agricultural land was used to grow organics for energy!!!!

So what happens when the idea is finally put into action - food prices rise beyond what the poor can afford! Forests are clear cut to create land for palm oil plantations.

And its not until after the food riots that anyone thinks to consider that it takes a litre and half of petroleum product to create 1 litre of biofuel AND that biofuels are less effecient and create more air pollution!

But still the government forces biofuels down our throat by legislating that it be used to dilute petrochemicals.

You buy a litre of gasoline but you only get 900 mls of gas and 100 mls of biofuel.

Wind mills and solar panels are also the same sort of foolishness. The dirty little secret of alternative green energy is that you have to build a petroleum fueled electric generating facility as back up!!!!

And we are all paying for recycling of materials that end up in the landfill anyway because there is no market for recyclables except for metals. Why are we recycling glass anyway - is there some worldwide shortage of sand?

I am so tired of paying for this foolishness!!!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
There is an old saying: "Those who fail to remember their history are doomed to repeat it."

We have some serious repeating to do.

I think the real problem is one I have been trying to speak on philosophically for some time, but no one seems to grasp it. We are not like the hardy souls who braved the uncertain turmoil and trials of the Atlantic Ocean in search for a better life and a better way. We are not like those who took up arms against their King rather than live under tyranny. We are not like those who pioneered the West, who drove wagon trains over impossible distances through hostile raids toward uncertain futures. We are not like those who fought brother against brother when their ideals were threatened. We are not like Dr. Martin Luther King, who stood proudly and defiantly against the public perceptions and government oppression, refusing to sacrifice his and others' God-given freedoms for some established custom. We are not even like those long-haired 'freaks' who paraded against the Vietnam War, dedicating their all to an ideal of peace.

They might have been right, and they might have been wrong. But they were brave and strong. They were solid people who stood firmly for their beliefs. We, in contrast, are so weak that we follow blindly after whoever will lead, with no care as to where we are being led. As long as we have our bread and circuses, we are happy. But the sad truth is, our planet is no circus.

There are some serious issues at stake in climatology. There are tipping points. There is the possibility of natural catastrophe. But none of these are due to carbon dioxide. While we fight and laugh at each other over carbon dioxide, seemingly engaging in nothing more serious than a football game, changes are happening on our planet.

Instead of addressing these serious changes, we are instead fighting over a tax. Instead of planting trees, we ridicule the other side. Instead of trying to do something about the dirty air, we scream about an invisible gas.

As much as I hate to say this... no, as much as I loathe saying this... we deserve what we get. We have become uneducated, ignorant, blind, and attention-deficit. Most of the people here who argue for or against the present schemes surrounding our climate are more interested, it seems, in proving their own viewpoint than in discovering what is actually going on.

And perhaps I have bought into that mentality some. I am, of course, human.

This thread will soon be beset with those who will post article after article, most of them written in recent years, claiming that what you say, what we remember, what we all experienced, never happened. They wish to relive history, and strive to accomplish that by re-writing history. But their efforts are in vain. History doesn't need men to write it down; it exists, and nothing that is said or done or written can change what was. They can change minds, but they cannot change facts.

Star and flag for you my friend. Keep the memories alive. Perhaps someday someone might value them.

As I do now.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Therefore, one could reasonably conclude that Copenhagen may take actions which INCREASE STARVATION in the world.

Professor, you must have missed Congressman Waxman, of Cap and Trade fames, "Food Safety Enhancement bill" designed to regulate American farmers out of business. Don't you realize INCREASE STARVATION is good for business? INCREASE STARVATION is now a policy of the US government??

In 1995 the WTO treaty was ratified. Clinton's Chief Foreign Advisor was the CEO of Monsanto and the WTO Agreement on Ag was written by the VP of Cargill. www.wto.org...

In July 1996 there was a major re-structuring of USDA/FDA food policies: Policies were Changed to the international HACCP -Pathogen Reduction/Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) Systems rule, www.fsis.usda.gov...

The net result was to open our borders to import without quarantine, close US government testing labs and turn food safety oversight over to the corporations. www.agpolicy.org...
In 1996 the "freedom to farm Act" also written by the VP of Cargill, did away with the practice of storing excess US grain. By 2008 all US grain stores were exhausted, and with the bio-fuel idiocy we had world wide food riots and Monsanto and Cargill had record profits.

This shows big Ag and investors reaction to starvation:

“In summary, we have record low grain inventories globally as we move into a new crop year. We have demand growing strongly. Which means that going forward even small crop failures are going to drive grain prices to record levels. As an investor, we continue to find these long term trends...very attractive.” Food shortfalls predicted: 2008 www.financialsense.com...

“Recently there have been increased calls for the development of a U.S. or international grain reserve to provide priority access to food supplies for Humanitarian needs. The National Grain and Feed Association (NGFA) and the North American Export Grain Association (NAEGA) strongly advise against this concept..Stock reserves have a documented depressing effect on prices... and resulted in less aggressive market bidding for the grains.” July 22, 2008 letter to President Bush www.naega.org...

Since I started investigating the take over of the global food supply I feel like I have been swimming in a cesspool. I keep running into things that stink to high heaven.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Yes! For a return to a time when we were building something - not seeking ways to tax it! Or profit from it! When men and woman could make their own way in the world, whether through the strength in their backs or the cleverness of their minds. When minding your own business was a way of life and you sought accord with your neighbour instead of control

Tired of Control Freaks.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

As much as I hate to say this... no, as much as I loathe saying this... we deserve what we get. We have become uneducated, ignorant, blind, and attention-deficit. Most of the people here who argue for or against the present schemes surrounding our climate are more interested, it seems, in proving their own viewpoint than in discovering what is actually going on.

The saddest part is that we let this be done to our children. Instead of instilling good work habits and an appreciation of what they have, society is now teaching them to be lazy and scream to the government if their parents require them to do chores or mind their manners. Instead of parents insisting on a good education we have been conned into quibbles about corporal punishment, prayer in school, saying the pledge of Allegiance.... No Child left behind...

We never noticed that our children have been brain washed to be good little global citizens, brainwashed to not think but to follow authority and the very worst is our US students are now at the bottom of the heap in terms of education.

"For 10 years, William Schmidt, a statistics professor at Michigan State University, has looked at how U.S. students stack up against students in other countries in math and science. "In fourth-grade, we start out pretty well, near the top of the distribution among countries; by eighth-grade, we're around average, and by 12th-grade, we're at the bottom of the heap, outperforming only two countries, Cyprus and South Africa."
:Source

We are being turned into a nation of slaves just waiting for our chains....

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I remember that too. I was an engineer at a large HVAC company and they told us to start planning for more heating and less cooling. What a joke. These political hairballs need to get the hell out of our asses in the way only a revolt-enema can accomplish. Did you read the new thread on Holdren, Obama's golden boy, wanting trees to be able to sue people and corporations. WTF?

The lunatics have taken over the asylum and Obama should be impeached for simply being a treasonous idiot and a meat puppet. And he can take our Harper Zombie along with his retarded cabinet with him, please!!!!

Cheers - Dave

[edit on 12/7.2009 by bobs_uruncle]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Global warming was such a relief!

I was in the fifth grade in 1957 the "International Geophysical Year" when we spent half the year hiding under our school desks because the Russkies were going to fry us with their nukes. And, half the year being told that studies in Antarctica showed that the world was headed for a little ice age.

If we didn't fry we would freeze.

Government then and government now is dependent on scaring the taxes and compliance out of the gullable.

Yes global warming is so much nicer and gentler than bird flu, economic meltdown, Osama the Invincible, enemies of feedom, swine flu, killer vaccines, NWO, subdermal chips to control your minds, replitians, Bindenbergs, Rockerfellers, Ice Ages, Invasions, ...

Be afraid be very afraid.

Rant over ... return to your what ever...

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I too recall those days of hiding under desks, air raid drills (those were cool we got to go home), the coming ice age, the death of the oceans ...
I wish I could just say we are seeing a replay of history with different titles but really guys this is much much worse. Those days were nothing more than a rehearsal for what we have today. They really didn't have the technology then I think to establish a world government, now they do.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

No chance, science goes mad literally.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Yes - the government required other things before they could completely control us. The control of scientists, the control of health and the control of the media.

Like the Nazi's before them! Who knew that universal health care would lead to our enslavement. I remember when it first came in! And you could see a Dr. if you were sick! What a wonderful thing.

Knowing the price I have paid for universal health care, I now avoid the medical community like the plague and go back to practices I was taught as a child.

How strange is that!

If anyone wonder how health care is involved, please read the media blitz leading up to Copenhagen that ties health of the environment with health of the public. In order to defeat the global warmists, we must first convince the public that health and the environment are NOT joined at the hip. And consider what money had to be paid to get medical scientist and public health to agree to provide the propaganda.

Tired of Control Freaks.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiredofControlFreaks
The idea of biofuels has been around since the hippies in the 60s!

nope, the idea begin from the very beginning of the car production

When Henry Ford told a New York Times reporter that ethyl alcohol was "the fuel of the future" in 1925, he was expressing an opinion that was widely shared in the automotive industry. "The fuel of the future is going to come from fruit like that sumach out by the road, or from apples, weeds, sawdust -- almost anything," he said. "There is fuel in every bit of vegetable matter that can be fermented. There's enough alcohol in one year's yield of an acre of potatoes to drive the machinery necessary to cultivate the fields for a hundred years."

www.hempcar.org...

but the oil lobby was stronger and now we suffer the consequences of their greed...

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
While i remain skeptical of man-made global warming...or "climate change". I just find it astonishing that the scientific establishment can for the most part be in such agreement, voices of skepticism within the community silenced and rejected without question. Branded as loons or pawns for the oil companies etc. I know how easy it is to get a very large sector of the public to believe in an opinion and utterly reject any other...even if that original opinion is ludicrous. Sigmund freud and then his cousins work show that. But i guess i always thought a bit more highly of the scientific establishment and method which somehow seems to have been lost somewhere along the way during the 20th century.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

But i guess i always thought a bit more highly of the scientific establishment and method which somehow seems to have been lost somewhere along the way during the 20th century.

It all comes down to the fact there are very few leaders and most people are followers. Civilization is dependent on "weeding out" leaders. Think of slavery and feudalism. I am sure there are a lot of scientists who do not believe the hype but pay lip service to it so they can continue to get a pay check. Reading the addition of "...but this study does not in any way show that global warming is not the dominant factor....." to so many scientific papers is a real laugh if it was not so tragic.

Here is an example that really cracks me up

"We're experiencing a very deep solar minimum," says solar physicist Dean Pesnell of the Goddard Space Flight Center....

"This is the quietest sun we've seen in almost a century," agrees sunspot expert David Hathaway of the Marshall Space Flight Center....

A 50-year low in solar wind pressure: Measurements by the Ulysses spacecraft reveal a 20% drop in solar wind pressure....

Careful measurements by several NASA spacecraft show that the sun's brightness has dropped by 0.02% at visible wavelengths and 6% at extreme UV wavelengths....

Radio telescopes are now recording the dimmest "radio sun" since 1955:...

Since the Space Age began in the 1950s, solar activity has been generally high," notes Hathaway. "Five of the ten most intense solar cycles on record have occurred in the last 50 years. We're just not used to this kind of deep calm." Deep calm was fairly common a hundred years ago.

The changes so far are not enough to reverse the course of global warming, but there are some other significant side-effects: Earth's upper atmosphere is heated less by the sun and it is therefore less "puffed up." Satellites in low Earth orbit experience less atmospheric drag, extending their operational lifetimes....

As a note: Solar cycles average 11 years so in fifty years you get five cycles. "Five of the ten most intense solar cycles on record have occurred in the last 50 years." That is saying the last five solar cycles were among the most intense on record (200 years) Now "We're experiencing a very deep solar minimum," and in the CRU leaked e-mails Kevin says … “The fact is that we can’t account for the lack of warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can’t”. Gee these scientists are dense... or liars.

This is one of my favorite temperature graphs showing Hansen's data fudging.
i31.tinypic.com...

[edit on 8-12-2009 by crimvelvet]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Like I mentioned in my thread, I am more worried about what they might cause due to their “ideas” of climate change than anything that is happening with the climate.

I remember the weather from the 80’s and there were certainly days that were much warmer than many I have seen recently (in summer months). I have though noticed what seems to be more humidity in the air but I could be wrong about that. At the same time I have seen a good icing over the past several winters. Not to mention a few years back where we had tornados in February. But that is really no more than the unpredictable Missouri weather.

That is a great quote at the end. I imagine the books now speak about our impending doom of frying alive as we cook ourselves with our greenhouse gases. I am not saying we are not polluting and that needs to stop. But I think the worst pollution we are doing is to the environment and not affecting the climate. It is terrible the number of forests and living creatures that have been destroyed simply due to greed. Not to mention that you have to clean water before you can drink it.

Raist

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Starred and flagged.

I am not even going to bother arguing against global warming with the convinced anymore. It is like a fanatical belief in the almighty, you can talk till your tongue bleeds but to the convinced you will still come across like a man who just sprouted an extra head.

I found this fascinating. The vid is a little long but highly worth viewing.

The great global warming conspiracy

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I simply could not believe my ears last night, sitting at home watching the ITV News and getting more and more frustrated at what I originally thought was a very biased report onclimate change, when low and behold, they start talking about the leaked emails from East Anglia Uni. I couldn't believe that they were openly mentioning it on the MSM.

Not only that, but they went on to interview a scientist (I wish I'd made a note of his name) who was an AGW skeptic, who basically said that it was rubbish that climate change was caused by man and that it was just a natural cycle of the Earth's climate.

Yep, you heard it here folks, the MSM have FINALLY caught on.

ITV have gone up a notch in my eyes and earned their name of INDEPENDANT TELEVISION.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I found an interesting article on the John Daly web-site written by Richard Courtney "Global Warming: How It All Began":

The author attribute it, for the most part, to Margaret Thatcher. It was the way that the science was used, only as and when required, that I found quite interesting.

www.john-daly.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join