It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPA cleared to regulate U.S. emissions as Congress stalls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency on Monday cleared the way for regulation of greenhouse gases without new laws passed by Congress, reflecting President Barack Obama's commitment to act on climate change as a major summit opened in Copenhagen. The EPA ruling that greenhouse gases endanger human health, widely expected after it issued a preliminary finding earlier this year, will allow the agency to regulate planet-warming gases even without legislation in Congress.

news.yahoo.com...

Who needs Congress? Who needs Democracy? Who needs representation?

Why state more. Our great government made by the people no longer cares what you think.

Might as well make all government health care mandatory. Sign me up for the draft as well. Hell, do whatever YOU WANT ME TO DO as I am nothing but a loyal servant to your rule.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by David9176]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I was watching Glenn Beck today and as he was going on with his show I couldn't help but think of people sitting in their living rooms cleaning their rifles and pistols.

I honestly don't think this is going to fly, they are going to be taken to court the instance they try to implement these regulations.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Tyrants like to test their powers... Perhaps this is simply a test of the will of the American people, if they lay down and take this kind of arbitrary tyrannical move then the sky is the limit... There is no stopping them now.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I can understand the EPA doing things to keep people from getting sick when quick action is needed...but this is WAY over the line. Would Congress even stop this if given the chance?

I honestly don't think they would. They are going to try and shove this crap down our throats whether we like it or not.

There isn't much left to save of the middle class...might as well finish us off.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Oh for sure, I just don't they should have the authority to make up regulations as they deem fit, all regulations should have to go through the approval of congress and across the presidents desk.

I agree though they are going to tax us all into serfdom, but I don't think they are going to get the reaction they think they are going to get. At this point people know it is the governments fault for the position that we are in, there is no amount of spin or brainwashing that can deny that fact.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I can understand the EPA doing things to keep people from getting sick when quick action is needed...but this is WAY over the line. Would Congress even stop this if given the chance?

I honestly don't think they would. They are going to try and shove this crap down our throats whether we like it or not.

There isn't much left to save of the middle class...might as well finish us off.

While this is sort of striking news I think your being a little dramatic with that last line

Time will tell i guess

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
The EPA also needs to regulate methane emissions as well, especially in Washington.

The extravagant diet of virtually all politicians in D.C. needs to be modified through government regulations that would reduce methane emissions.

I hereby formally declare our flatulent government a serious danger to all of our lives.

Pffffffffffffft.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I wonder what their actions of agenda are gunna be..when i was a kid through the mid to late 80's early teens i read ALOT of time magazines andd national geoprahics. sometimes thierd be articles about Co2, all linked to industry. SO! it took them, 30+ years to declae this?
INdeed, it hink we shuold see CO2 a viable problem, but fromt he bodys of those in the EPA...

so, because i exhale CO2 does that mean i will be required by unsustantiable law, to wear some kinda bag and fitler device now? while the corporations industrys spew upt astroonomical amoutns of co2 comapred to jsut little ol me?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Declaring Greenhouse gases to be "Toxic", is the same as declaring that life should not exist on this Earth. Our entire Atmosphere is composed of such compounds & elements, and without Greenhouse gases, we would be looking at the "Magnificent Desolation" of the Lunar surface right here at home.

new topics

top topics

join