It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Interrupt This Program...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mindsmog
Surely NASA or some observatory would see it coming? Surely?

If NASA was absolutely sure we were going to be hit, I think they would keep it secret until about a day before the impact. Let's face it, if they announnced it 6 months in advance, the whole world would turn into complete chaos. There would be no law, no order, probably no food or fuel. There's no reason to announce it way in advance of the event. Now 24 hours notice, that would be good. Spend time with family and friends, prepare a little (as if it's really going to help) and get ready for the light show. Afterall 6 months of worry isn't going to change a thing in the final outcome.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Yea...how long has that timebomb2000 site been up and coming up with more and more crackpot theories about us all being blown to bits? It's 4 years past the "timebomb" and we're all still here...and I think if you have enough time to spend sitting on a forum trying to predict ways the world will end...well...maybe you have some issues with hoping the world actually will end. And if it is going to end soon, you might as well just live life and not worry about it, because worrying won't do a thing to stop it. Even though there is about a 99.999% chance that this date will come and go just like all the other predicted end of the world dates have done.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
At this point its kinda moot whether NASA will release the information or not. The people on this thread know and this knowledge will help them to either prepare for the worst or scoff it off. It is unlikely the government will announce the impending impact. Like what CommonSense said, it will only serve to make the situation worse. In fact, I doubt they'll say anything until about 2 hrs before the impact. Just enought time to seem responsible but not enough time for paniced citizens to cause much damage.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
A curious thing? Go to NASA's website and check out the SOHO images. Use the link I have pasted here and read for yourself how to view these images. Make special note of the "Comet Trackers Map". Click on "see animation below the map" and watch the show! Notice that large white object moving through the map? Now go back to the historical maps on their site. Look at the comet trackers maps for the last three years. See anything even remotely close to the size of this one? Note how fast it is moving? In fact, if you look back over the last month looks like we may have just missed a colision of two very large comets. However, I find something very strange with the latest map animation. Watch it play - look strange? See how the farthest right comet ends in the exact same spot the other comet started? Seems odd - especially when you check out the preceeding maps and then watch the loop several times. Is someone doctoring the maps?

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
My belief is yes, the maps are being doctored. The data provied by AussieBLoke says the three asteroids are moving extremely fast, all over 70% the speed of light. Very, Very fast.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
energy makes some good points....

as for the maps i wouldnt be surprised if they are doctored, or even completely fake

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
This is the confirmation I've been waiting for!!!

www.cnn.com

JUST POSTED TERROR ALERT FOR SUMMER.. DETAILS ON THE WAY

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Put 2&2 together people...Then add that air port shut down we saw a week ago in denver and vegas.

Maybe there going to use the EMP device against us, to stop people from moving or mobbing those going under ground when it happens?

A test run?

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by EW
TERROR ALERT FOR SUMMER

This really belongs here
Interesting... Details are scimpy though...

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I followed this topic for a time now, and i wondering:
what if the komet has some kind of alien virus inside?

i know that the outside will burn up, but what will
happen with the germs that are inside the rock,

fosselised flesh eating creatures?????

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   

At this point I'll be happy just to survive the impacts. The probability of it having a virus that can thrive in an environment such as ours is pretty low. You've seen too many End Of The World movies. Besides, if it's a comet, the toxic gases will be pretty nasty without anything else thrown into the mix.

Still no confirmation on if its a comet or asteroid.

If it does anything like the one in siberia did it mgiht explode before it actually hits the ground.

Is there any estimation on how much mass will be lost on re-entry?

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sebastiaan
what if the komet has some kind of alien virus inside?

i know that the outside will burn up, but what will
happen with the germs that are inside the rock,

it's known that comets do carry amino acids (the building blocks of life) inside them. comets are mosty chunks of ice... one of the theories of how life came to be was that when the earth was forming it was heavily bombarded by comets, which brought the water and the amino acids here... as for fossilized flesh eating creatures? i doubt that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join