It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Explain These Bumper Stickers To Me

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Hello Politically-Minded ATS friends,

Please explain to me a certain category of bumper stickers that I have been seeing recently. I honestly think that they are a bad idea, seeing them makes me so confused and befuzzled that I've almost run my car off the road/into another car a few times. Which is really bad. But maybe that's the point- to kill off people who disagree with the bumper stickers.

These bumper stickers say either "Impeach Obama", "Did You Vote For Obama? Thanks A Lot (curseword)", "Sorry Yet?", "Oops", "One Term", "Annoy A Liberal- Take Personal Responsibility", "Worst President Ever", "A Village In Africa Is Missing It's Idiot", "Godless", etc.

Apparently you can buy them all here: www.zazzle.com...

I've also seen some which hint at assassination, I don't know where those come from.

So I just don't understand how people can be so darn angry when he's just been in office for about a year. He has three left. Apparently people want him gone now.

I just don't think he's really done anything, except increase troops in Afghanistan. Isn't that what all you right-wingers wanted, anyway? The healthcare thing is clearly sort of falling apart. Most of this "disaster" started before he was in office. So... what?

I mean, I guess this should be goodbye, because honestly one of these days I'm going to get into an awful car crash with someone who has these bumper stickers all over their car. Maybe I'm just super sensitive and easily offended. I just don't understand why people are so upset so quickly, and being offensive to the President, whoever the President is, is just sort of mean.

So... I don't have offensive freaking bumper stickers on my car. You know what's on my car? A sea turtle, a peace sign, a star, and a celtic knot. Wow, I really hope that all the people who are sporting these bumper stickers realize that poor peace-loving Raven is going to crash into them one day or drive off the road because I do get really offended and upset, especially when I don't feel that these mottos are warranted.

I didn't have a mean bumper sticker for Bush. My boyfriend did, it was a picture of Bush with "WTF?" next to it. I really don't even think that would be as offensive to me as some of the ones I see today, but I didn't support it either. And he had put it on his car well into Bush's second term in office.

I just don't see how people are so upset and I feel that your car is the wrong place to profess your political beliefs. It's honestly dangerous. At least to me.

[edit on 12/7/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
This should make you just as furious then.

Bounty on the head of the Chamber of Commerce

It should also make you just as sick knowing that all the same stuff went on during the Bush Admin. This is nothing new it's politics. In fact I'm in favor of bringing back the duel.

Edit to add-

This should also make you pretty sick too

The point is it happens all the time and it's politics the bumper stickers are attempts at humor, maybe not in the best of taste and sometimes they actually reflect the opinions of people. Either way it is freedom of expression and is why America exists.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Most people enjoy just hating whoever is incharge, its always "cool" to hate authority figures with no justification.
Most people on here though know what governments do though, thus justified reasons, these bumbers sound like its for those who have no idea.

And i recormend you stop driving if you nearly crash from a bumper sticker, you could be a danger to someone else.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

It does make me sick. I said that, I didn't support the bumper sticker that my boyfriend had on his car. It's just not the place for political statement because it is dangerous.

I feel that it's soon for the sort of messages that I've seen. And frankly, some of them come off as rather violent.

If I'm driving and see a car that expresses that it's driver wants my president (who is also his/her president) dead, I get angry. It distracts me from driving. And honestly it could lead to really bad car crashes.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

I don't really nearly crash. But it does make me think a bit. Like if I see someone naked when I'm driving, it sort of distracts me. I've never been involved in a MVA. But I'm sure bumper-sticker related crashes have occurred in the past.

It just seems like a bad idea to me.

It makes me want to like, talk to the driver and ask them why they feel so much hatred towards the leader of their country that they feel it's okay to basically threaten them on their vehicle.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Don't pay attention to it. That is the best advice I can give you. You might have not seen my edit. But it is politics and the bumper stickers are an attempt at humor even though they might actually reflect the views of some people.

It isn't anything to be distracted by though, just ignore it. I can already tell by the time you get to be 30 you will be a conservative or libertarian, you will probably disagree with me, but you'll see. The world is an ugly place and as you get older it will only disgust you more.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13

It makes me want to like, talk to the driver and ask them why they feel so much hatred towards the leader of their country that they feel it's okay to basically threaten them on their vehicle.

Some people refuse to accept that a black man was properly elected POTUS.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

*laughing*

For goodness' sake, when I am 30 I hope I will not still be living in this country. If I am, I will likely be Green, as ridiculous as that sounds... but I'll keep you updated.

We've still got over a decade to wait. We'll see.

Thanks for the advice.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Yes they are mean, but no worse than what came from the liberals during Bush's presidency. Not that that excuses it because it does not. I was no fan of "W" by the way. He started us down the economic road to ruin with TARP.

Obama and his czars will ensure we get there with his social and environmental justice agenda. The US is toast if they have their way. They are accelerating what Bush started at an alarming rate.

I'm conservative, but this meanness in politics bothers me too. So I'm with ya on that. Seems like there is no room for intelligent, respectful, honest to goodness debate over what's good for the nation any longer. Could it be that none of the politicians really give a # about the nation any more?

[edit on 7-12-2009 by Hugues de Payens]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

I was sort of thinking that might be it, especially when bumper stickers popped up like... 6 months ago.

I'll probably get hell for agreeing with you there, but the last time I saw one, it really made me think and that was part of the conclusion that I came up with.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
It's freedom of speach at it's finest. I support every Americans right to say what they feel in any public forum, and that includes on the rear bumper of your vehicle. You take that away and we are no longer truly free. Period.

In lew of that statement Screw the President. His 'change' for America would have every free speaking freeminded citizen in shackles upo against a wall. Screw the feds, screw the CIA, screw all of the government law enforcement agencies. I decide whats best for me, not the government.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Oh my achin ass get over it already!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Hugues de Payens

Yeah, maybe. And I mean... I study and work in environmental fields, so I just tune out that entire situation. Maybe that's why I'm confused.

I could be wrong... I was little when Bush was first elected, but I don't remember as many bumper stickers like this during his first term, and definitely not nearly as many assassination hints. If I'm wrong on that, please correct me.

I don't know if the US could ever be toast, if it's not toast already. I sort of think that it is.

And of course most politicians just don't care. They're getting paid a ton to spout the opinions of the people who pay them. It's wrong. It's why, as I said, I hope to goodness that I'm not here when I'm 30. If I'm not gone by then, please, make me leave.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Right. But if the President was someone else, would you feel the same way?

Honestly if you say to me "There should be no President at all, no matter who they are" then I bow to you, my dear friend, because I just don't trust humans in general to take care of themselves.

Only because if there were no government, I would be shot by people who are anti-abortion, anti-female, anti-Jewish, anti-Atheist, and anti-kink. I'd just be dead.

And that would suck.

[edit on 12/7/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

That didn't take long... I'm sure it's because he's black(he's not), maybe, just maybe, people are voicing their dissatisfaction with the way he is handling things. Personally I think it's stupid, but hey I don't recall a big up roar over the same things done to Bush.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Hugues de Payens

Yeah, maybe. And I mean... I study and work in environmental fields, so I just tune out that entire situation. Maybe that's why I'm confused.

I could be wrong... I was little when Bush was first elected, but I don't remember as many bumper stickers like this during his first term, and definitely not nearly as many assassination hints. If I'm wrong on that, please correct me.

I don't know if the US could ever be toast, if it's not toast already. I sort of think that it is.

And of course most politicians just don't care. They're getting paid a ton to spout the opinions of the people who pay them. It's wrong. It's why, as I said, I hope to goodness that I'm not here when I'm 30. If I'm not gone by then, please, make me leave.

Dont think you can find a better place than the US. You wont see as many people breaking risking their lives to get into North Korea or Iran as comes across our unprotected southern border monthly.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

As ignorant as it may seem to think that someone wouldn't want a president because of what his skin color is, your statement is just as ignorant.

It does prove to me that there are still plenty of people out there who've never actually paid any attention to anything going on in the country, though. That frightens me more than your backwards racial ignorance possibly could.

But hey, when you don't agree with someone, call them a racist. Seems to be working so far!

[edit on 12/7/2009 by EsSeeEye]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

To be fair: www.zazzle.com...

Cash money moves everything around me.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Okay you do that. The reason why I say that is because you are young and have a good heart and just now starting to pay attention to the world around you. It really is an ugly place.

Also I do encourage you to travel you will see that everywhere is the same, they whole world is run by crooks no matter where you go. Money makes the world go around.

But what Hugues de Payens was saying is true. What people say is not as important as the peoples right to say it.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

*nods* That's true.

My plan- Go study zoology in Madagascar and come home yearly.

And then... maybe conduct studies on MVAs and bumper stickers.

Schrodinger- And then what, I'll have an even greater risk of being shot. Or at least punched in the face.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join