It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Group Puts Bounty on Head of Chamber of Commerce CEO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Now to actually solicite this kind of information to the general public is my definition to Political Madness whether you be a Democrat or a Republican... Don't you think there might be some wacko's out there that may not read this all the way and actually try to do physical harm to this person?

Source: Fox News

Chamber of Commerce CEO Tom Donohue is a wanted man -- at least according to the liberal activist group that's put a de facto bounty on his head.

A network of liberal groups known as Velvet Revolution started an ad campaign offering $200,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the man whose trade organization has become a thorn in the side of the Obama administration and congressional Democrats.

The group is not leveling any specific charges of criminal behavior. Rather, it is casting a wide net, fishing for any whistleblowers from Donohue's past who might come forward with allegations of wrongdoing. The campaign against the Chamber was launched in response to the group's opposition to climate change legislation and health care reform, and its plan to spend $100 million lobbying against these and other initiatives.

+60 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
You beat me to this one. I thought I'd misread it, the first time. This reeks of George Soros, doesn't it? Freedom of speech, unless you say something we don't like. Disgusting.

I thought I'd post the original source, the group's website. There will be some who will jump at the chance to denigrate Fox News as the source.

velvetrevolution.us...

This might be an entertaining website.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by WTFover]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Ahhhh change.......yup has Soros all over it. But hey, at least they are being "transparent", anybody could see right through this BS.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Tom Donohue is the head of the Chamber of Commerce... the world's largest lobbying groups, with a board of directors consisting of senior execs of some of the countries' largest corporations. Corporate lobbying is one the largest threats to this country right now. The lobbyists, special interest groups and the corporations they represent have hijacked this nation and our bilking the American public and the people of the world.

However... these people are attacking one shill at the behest of another; another than in reality is the same as their so-called opponent. The thesis and the antithesis are exactly the same, so we can imagine what the inevitable synthesis will be. They'll cram coca-colas down our throats while funneling what little money we have left into these mega-corporations who will be funding Pax-Romana inspired wars abroad for geopolitical control... oh wait.

The fact that this group calls itself the Velvet Revolution is somewhat insulting in itself, to the memory of the actual Velvet Revolution. Here are some images of the real Velvet Revolution and it's inspirations. Not exactly the cookie cutter corporate-devised 'revolutionary' ideal sold the masses to look cool.

Had to include the Velvet Underground in there, not only because they are one of the ultimate examples of anti-corporate rock, but because their music was a huge inspiration to the underground movement that flourished into the Velvet Revolution. After the revolution ended, poet-turned president Vaclav Havel invited Lou Reed to the country and gave him a book of Czech translations of Velvet Underground songs. The band above them is the Plastic People of the Universe, an incredible band that was important in the Czech underground political movement. Our so-called social revolution in the 1960s was tame, both politically and artistically. These guys actually changed a country.

Sorry for the digression, I'm just really fascinated with the Velvet Revolution.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Someone336

The fact that this group calls itself the Velvet Revolution is somewhat insulting in itself, to the memory of the actual Velvet Revolution.

I must admit my ignorance of that history. I will, definitely, study that more, to educate myself. Thanks for the lesson.

And, what little I did read about it, before posting this reply, I agree. Insulting.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
You beat me to this one. I thought I'd misread it, the first time. This reeks of George Soros, doesn't it? Freedom of speech, unless you say something we don't like. Disgusting.

You don't know how close you are to it.

Soros preparing revolution in Ukraine

By visiting Ukraine, George Soros gave the start to the presidential election campaign in this country. Soros and the politicians close to him demonstrated their intention to conduct one more “velvet revolution”. Ukrainian authorities frustrated the oligarch a little by ruining his expensive suit. Russia is the next to act. If Russia keeps silence, “velvet revolution’ in Ukraine is inevitable. We can have one more “velvet state” on our border, and its government will get their salaries from Soros.

Is the name a coincidence? I think not.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Wasn't Glenn Beck tarred and feathered by the media and leftists when he did the same exact thing (albeit without the 200 large) with Valerie Jarrett?

It's OK now, though, because it's their guys doing it.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Where were all of these organizations hiding the past 8, 16, 20 years?
Where was their voice of concern then?

I thought Halliburton and Blackwater were scary, this is starting to get ridiculous, AND Infuriating

top topics

join