It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Met Someone From Scott Air Force Base Today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I have been on ATS for several years and I have no reason to waste my time nor your time making this up...this isn't much, but I thought it was interesting enough to post on ATS.

I work for a package delivery service. Today (Monday December 7) I knocked on a door and a man came to the door. He signed for his package and looked up at the Air Force hat I was wearing. He asked if I was in the Air Force. I replied no, but by father was. I asked him if he was in the Air Force. He said he was at Scott AFB in Illinois.

I got excited and nervous, but I asked him anyway...I said "so what about the large football field sized UFO that flew over several small towns near Scott AFB back in 2000?" He looked at me with a smile, nodded, and said "yeah, I was there." Then I said "so was it ours or the Greys?" His facial expression didn't change a bit, he only said the same thing "yeah, I was there." But I could tell he was holding back something he couldn't divulge so I left it at that.

www.youtube.com...

I could tell he was holding back something he couldn't divulge to me so I left it at that and then asked him what he thought really crashed near Roswell in 1947...a Mogul balloon as the Air Force says or an alien craft. He had a more serious look on his face now and said "I really think they crashed there." and "I knew the undertaker at Roswell that saw the alien bodies." After that he started walking back inside so I just said "thanks! and have a good day!" to which he said "you too!" and that was that.

I am not going to divulge his name for the sake of his privacy, nor his address. I would estimate that he was in his early 40's. Typical smart Air Force guy. It always amazes me who you can run into and it never hurts to ask people questions because you might be shocked by their response.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

Interesting conversation, thanks for sharing. Although he really didn't say anything that could be construed as anything other than general knowledge, or at the most acknowledgment that he was on the base during the widely public sighting it sure does seem like he might have known something more, but then again maybe not.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Yeah, it was just a gut feeling that I felt he knew more than he was willing to tell me.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by ufo reality]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Wouldn't it be funny if the second "Yeah, I was there" meant "Yeah, I was there... Inside the UFO" ?

[edit on 7/12/09 by Tifozi]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

Yeah, I probably would have pooped my pants right then and there.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Those kind of people are usually part of the problem, not the solution.

They know stuff that's going on, but they prefer to keep their mouths shut.

Why - money, career, safety? I hope so. I can understand those three reasons, somewhat.

I hope that they don't keep their mouths shut due to some sense of 'National Pride' or 'National Security' BS. There is no pride in their silence and they're being duped otherwise if they think that taking an order to be silent is a badge of honour. Some of those expendable meat-puppets need to think about what they're perpetuating...

I would suspect there's a lot of military people on ATS who know the facts, yet keep silent. Whatever your reasons are, I hope you sleep well with them each night.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

I would suspect there's a lot of military people on ATS who know the facts, yet keep silent. Whatever your reasons are, I hope you sleep well with them each night.

I think you may be underestimating just what level of knowledge, let alone clearance one would have to have to even know a small portion of the compartmentalized truth. Just because you are in the military, or even working at NASA, special ops, a general, politics, etc doesn't mean you know anything. I would bet that less than 100 people on the entire planet know the whole and factual truth (if there is anything being hidden). Keep in mind that everything is highly compartmentalized, and even ultra secret programs people are working for likely have a false cover story so most of those people don't really know what they are doing. That is how you keep a secret like this so long and so good, people always wonder "how can the government keep such a big secret", it is easy really.

It is possible the "real truth" has already been told to some degree, but without physical and undeniable evidence we won't know and thus continue to debate it. And really anything anyone says is worthless and hear-say without proof, so it doesn't matter who says what because without evidence it is no better than a thread in Skunk Works. Sure there may be some people on ATS that know something, there may not be. There may be people you would never suspect that have a lot of critical information, or at least some. Until we can get some proof we are still left speculating on speculations unfortunately.

[edit on 12/7/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I've seen you on here for quite a while and I know you wouldn't have made this up. I think one of the reasons he wouldn't say anything more is the fact that you were holding his contact information in your hands. It was probably the safest comment he could make. I think it's totally cool that you asked him.

I'm glad it was you and not me, I'd be stalking him now for more information.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
All that I can say is Thank You for sharing this run-in with us. I am certain that if I happened to be in your position, I would have become a little giddy after such a conversation. The Airman you came across sounds MIL to me by his response alone, because most service guys would really hesitate in divulging information which goes against their sworn oath, and even after retirement, many only talk vaguely of certain matters. I know from multiple firsthand experiences.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Since he lives in my apartment complex, I plan on mailing him a letter and see if he'll email me.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

That would be interesting to see if he can add to the body of evidence.

However, his age appears to rule out any direct involvement.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Well then, there are a lot of people that are part of the problem. However, there will be some parts of the problem that will try to leak things out. If the problems just open up the faucet and let it flow, they end up like Phil Schnider, having a urinary catheter wrapped around your neck. Or worse, having your children disappear. The insidious, magnetic attraction of working with off world technology or cutting edge technology is an unimaginable slippery slope. Like a moth being drawn to the bright light, it finds out too late that it was drawn to a flame.
Whewww, this is what happens to me after 12 hour shift. Forgive me if it was rambling.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

"small portion of the compartmentalized truth"
Sounds like SCI, do you agree?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

I fall asleep on my left side.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
reply to post by MrAndy

Since he lives in my apartment complex, I plan on mailing him a letter and see if he'll email me.

...or you could simply WALK over to his apt. and drop it off. Just a thought....

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It seems to me that if he wont talk to you about it in person, he's not going to email you something that can be traced back to him. Become his friend, then maybe one day over a beer........
Or just outright tell him how intruiged you are, and ask him if he'll get into it more. Tell him you live in the building so he doesn't think you're some whacko following him around.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Thanks for posting OP. It's not much of a story, but fascinating none the less from what little you were able to discuss. Let us know any updates if he talks to you again.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I personaly wouldn't put too much wieght behind it. I have been in the Air Force for 15 Years in communication (EIS) installing Fiber optics, Twisted pair.... in secure and non secure locations. Given the oppertunity to screw with someones head, almost everyone in my Unit would tell you just about anything. Although the piolts I know (only a dozen...ish F15E mostly) have told me they have seen "strange things" and they fly both comercial and military. When you ask to elaberate they avoid getting into and leave it at "I saw something".

He may just be remembering he was there when all the hype was going on.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Do you have any idea how many people come up and ask questions such as this when you are in the Airforce... or deal with anything that is just a little bit close to confidential information?

The guy wanted to end the conversation because he probably felt like you were bugging him. Especially, when you are there to deliver a package. Me personally, I would have called your supervisor and complained.

I'm suprised all the wing-nuts aren't on here asking you for proof.

My suggestion, leave the guy alone...

If he did have any information he wanted to leak out... why would he divulge in a delivery driver whom he doesn't even know.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by x2Strongx

The guy wanted to end the conversation because he probably felt like you were bugging him. Especially, when you are there to deliver a package. Me personally, I would have called your supervisor and complained.

I see your perspective, but man, lighten up. Don't be 'that' guy.

I'm suprised all the wing-nuts aren't on here asking you for proof.

You say that as if asking for proof is a crazy notion.

If he did have any information he wanted to leak out... why would he divulge in a delivery driver whom he doesn't even know.

Agreed. 100% whole-heartedly. I feel this should be the central focus of your post. The rest of your post makes you appear to be a cranky old 'boss' type figure, placing himself in some imagined higher authority.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join