It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party more popular than Republican Party!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Tea Party more popular than Republican Party!

news.yahoo.com

A new Rasmussen poll finds that the tea party movement's popularity is growing, so much so that it garners more support than the Republican party on a generic Congressional ballot. The poll hints that the burgeoning discontent among conservatives within the GOP threatens to splinter the party at a time when the popularity of President Obama and the Democratic-controlled Congress are waning as we head into an election year.

The tea party movement was conceived out of antipathy for President Obama's economic stimulus plan and cultivated by groups like Freedom Works and conservative commenta
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
As reported by Talking Points Memo, the respondents to the Rasmussen poll were asked the following question:

"Okay, suppose the Tea Party Movement organized itself as a political party. When thinking about the next election for Congress, would you vote for the Republican candidate from your district, the Democratic candidate from your district, or the Tea Party candidate from your district?"

The response of all those who were polled was Democratic 36%, Tea Party 23% and Republican 18%. Further, the poll found that independents are more inclined to vote for a tea party candidate over Democratic or Republican candidates.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think we're going to have an Independent candidate in 2012, if the government can still operate three years from now.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Sounds nice and all but from what Ive seen too many of those teabaggers are carrying over too much republicrat baggage. They talk about limited gov and cutting spending but they want stupid # like a marriage amendment and more "security" policing across the world.

A few seem to honestly want real change from thus authoritarian rule but when all is said and done those who oppose authoritarian rule will once again be left by the wayside as the greater Tea Party body just becomes a different flavor of D and R.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This is how the majority of the public feels IMO. They don't want to see dems in office cause they are currently ruining our country. They dont want to see republicans becuase they were in office previously, and started destroying our country with two illegal wars, and raping the constitution. This is a recurring motif in our history. Back in the late 1800's and early 1900's no one liked progressives or republicans so they voted democrat. During the 1930's or there about people voted in democrat FDR after problems with the previous president Hoover. He got blamed for the Great depression, along with an assortment of other problems which were not entirely his fault.

The point I am trying to make is people see the parties as scapegoats in their time of toil, but look to the opposite to save them, while when voted in they do the same thing, making the people go the the other party, and this just goes on and on.

Vote for who will preserve the constitution, and do your bidding.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
and the Republican party is more popular than the Democrats, which I guess means that they are also less popular than the Tea Party.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

I think we're going to have an Independent candidate in 2012, if the government can still operate three years from now.

That might be nice, but honestly i wouldn't trust them either right now.

I've voted every election since I turned 18 and I will continue to do so, but I honestly could care less right now it just all seems so pointless and hopeless with all these criminals that run our government right now.

I say we vote them all out, get rid of the two party system, and start all over from scratch.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
You can bet your bottom dollar that most of the Tea Part members are Republicans trying to re-invent themselves. They don't want to be associated with the previous administration, so they call themselves Tea Party Protesters. They are one in the same and people should be aware of that.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
You can bet your bottom dollar that most of the Tea Part members are Republicans trying to re-invent themselves. They don't want to be associated with the previous administration, so they call themselves Tea Party Protesters. They are one in the same and people should be aware of that.

Good point. I wouldn't vote Tea Party, but it's nice to know people are willing to vote Independent.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

as a tea party member and participant, I say good post. Its time to take back our government. Support states 10th amendment declarations, call for congress to work within the framework of its constitutional powers. Require the house to abide by its own rules. ie. by house rules any bill coming before a subcommittee is required to show under what constitutional power the house has the authority to pass such a law.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I certainly wouldn't be associated with any of them. That seems like a dangerous pot brewing.

There are elements involved that have very diverse views on other issues, ones that wouldn't keep a party popular for long.

I'm generally libertarian and I can't stand the movement.

top topics

join