It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tehran's Spiral

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by SLAYER69

You have no idea what the real news out of Iran is my friend. It's not available through the mainstream media or the Iranian media.

I have friends who are ex-SAVAK and they very much are involved at this point in instigating what they can over there.

No offense.
But there is no way to know the real story both pro or con. Let's get that straight. I understand that. Do you? However the Iranian Government themselves have corroborated some of the stories that at the time were considered propaganda only to admit days or weeks later they were true while trying to spin them.

[edit on 27-12-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Why don't you state YOUR sources? You are the one saying that the U.S. has a role to play in this. I don't see any protesters with guns or flack jackets. They have rocks and bravado.

Are we airlifting rocks from the coal mine's of Tennessee?

Yes, that was a bit cheeky, but I think my point stands.

We didn't do anything the last round of protests, and we won't do anything this round, UNLESS, like I stated before, it reaches a tipping point.

You are making the ASSUMPTION that our ongoing activities (which have been ongoing for years) have something to do with these protests.

Where is your proof? FOIA documents? Okay - did said documents detail which activity they pertain too? Or was that blacked out?

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by crisko

My friend I have rejected your contentions for lack of any source information.

This will not be changing anytime soon as I require credible sources that would cause me to change my conclusion based on credible sources.

This argument is an argument not a debate at this point, and boils down to who should I believe you or my lying eyes.

It is evident from just the Original Post that a Western led and funded propaganda war to destabilize the Iranian regime has been going on for years.

I am not swayed by your arguments!

Have a nice night! Thanks.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

reply to post by crisko

My friend I have rejected your contentions for lack of any source information.

My source of information is the official stance of the State Department.

I am not sure how much more credible of a source I can produce.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

No offense.
But there is no way to know the real story both pro or con. Let's get that straight. I understand that. Do you? However the Iranian Government themselves have corroborated some of the stories that at the time were considered propaganda only to admit days or weeks later they were true while trying to spin them.

Sources please, my long lost friend here on ATS was great at providing sources and research and specific incidents.

These are just broad sweeping generalizations.

This will be my last post to this thread tonight, clearly no one is adding anything new or of relevance at this point.

There is a very clear propaganda war being waged by the Judean/Christian West against the Iranian regime.

That alone is cause for suspicion, the fact that it borders two countries we invaded on the FLIMISIEST of pretextes causes suspicion.

The fact that it is an oil producing nation the Russians and Chinese would love to court creates suspicion.

The fact that we led a text book perfect coup already in Iran called Operation Ajax creates suspicion.

No one has posted anything that would dismiss those suspicions and believe me if any such thing was out there, I would know about it.

Have a nice night.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by crisko

Oh for crying out loud, post it, prove it, display it. Show us the State Department's White Document on Iran please.

Next stop is the ignore button friend!

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

No one has posted anything that would dismiss those suspicions and believe me if any such thing was out there, I would know about it.

We don't have the money to wage war with Iran. We simply don't. I highly doubt China would lend us the money needed to do so.

It's time to stop borrowing and time to start paying, that pretty much sums up China's stance. This was evident when Hu discarded Obama's request to support new sanctions.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
It seems John Bolton shares the same "opinion" I do.

“The absence of rhetoric from Obama doesn’t bother me so much,” says John Bolton, a former US ambassador to the United Nations during the Bush administration who supports regime change as a means of stopping Iran from building a nuclear weapon. “There’s something to be said for not speaking out unless you are prepared to back it up with credible assistance,” he adds, “and there’s no way Obama will do anything tangible to help them out.”

“It’s really a difficult question, because supporting an opposition is not something easy to implement,” he says. “And obviously you don’t want to taint the very people you are trying to empower.”

Clicky for source.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Thread Update

Here is an interesting perspective I'll let it speak for itself.

On the Ropes

Iranian.com

The military regime in Tehran is in its final days. The signs of an imminent collapse, perfectly traceable on the Iranian streets, are evading the most prominent Washington experts. The slogans on the walls, the nighttime chorus of Allah-o-akbar on the rooftops, the crowds chanting "death to the dictator," all signaling a collective defiance despite the brutal backlash, and all reflecting a mass mobilization unseen since the 1979 revolution.

The recurring cycles of peaceful protests and state violence is part of a larger transformation sweeping through Iran.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing that article. I liked the point of view coming from the author.

Starred.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by crisko]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

No offense.

Sources please, my long lost friend here on ATS was great at providing sources and research and specific incidents.

These are just broad sweeping generalizations.

Spin Spin Spin
Iranian commander calls protests disgraceful

Press TV
A senior Iranian commander has condemned sporadic anti-government protests in the Iranian capital of Tehran as "disgraceful" and "reproachable."

Protestors on Tuesday took to some central and downtown streets during ceremonies commemorating the 7th century martyrdom of Prophet Muhammad's (PBUH) grandson, Imam Hussein (PBUH), known as Ashura.

Brigadier-General Masoud Jazayeri, the deputy commander of Iran's armed forces, on Monday defined the "actions of a group of hooligans on such days of mourning" as another "low act" incomparable to anything seen before.

He described the "small group of vandals" as marginal compared to "millions of real Ashura mourners."

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Thread Update

I thought this was pretty interesting.
Iran reformist Mousavi's nephew 'got death threats'

The nephew of Iran's opposition leader Mir Hossein Mousavi was threatened days before he was killed in Sunday's protests, a prominent supporter says.

Mohsen Makhmalbaf, a film-maker based in Paris, told the BBC that secret police called Seyed Ali Mousavi several times, saying: "We will kill you."

But a police statement reportedly said Mr Mousavi was killed by "terrorists".

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join