It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Date With Destiny: Meeting the Real Jesus

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

You have showed your pride one too many times and calling others out as if you are the only person here with understanding of the BIBLE.

I have never belittled you, talked down to you, laughed at your belief, called you lost...stop talking with your pride. I am so tempted to place the little red angry face as you did.....but I am not going to allow you to quicken me to anger.

Without the little red face blowing fire...THE BIBLE IS ALSO THE MOST MISLEADING BOOK IN THIS WORLD....telling others that GOD must be feared, to NOT use ones own reasoning's, that we are all saved through a blood shed of life, that God even backed killings as a solution to a problem.

As much as I might see a little light in you that understands the love Jesus had for us....I see a dark place that no light has even seen yet.

You make it hard to remain civil, pretending to be all willing to discuss such things, telling your side of the coin....but at the same time, you take little jabs as i that is gong to make you look like you are right or something.

We should wrap this up, the UFO forum might be just the thing for ya....if anyone is feeling angry, its best to put this to rest.

In peace, love, and light
LV

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Thanks Oliveoil........That's mighty christian of you.

Wasn't aware that you knew of my 25 years of research.....

I see you try not to answer any questions put forth. Just tell others condescendingly that they don't know as much as you.

David Koresh and Pat Robertson both interpret the bible too. I guess god sides with one of them...

merry xmas.

peas

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Your beliefs are very Earthly about what God is. Its not your fault, its the past men that claimed God as the backer of their carnal actions.

How does coming back to Earth to learn again what is of spirit sound?

Some roads are just more bumpy then others. But with sound reason.

You cant see that God is above needing anything o Earthly value from us....this is a limited view and you are going to see many others who have come here to let this be known.

In peace, I leave you oliveoil, even though it seems feelings got a little hot, I think we had a healthy discussion and much is shown here in this thread about Earthly natures and Spiritual natures.

I love you as another self of me, for we both are a self under God....as tempered as this has seem to of gotten you, I hope we can both go on and be pillars of light to others around us.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Malachi wrote the last book of the OT in 435 b.c.

Matthew (Levi) wrote the first book of the NT in (proposed) 60-65 a.d...

Lots of time there for things to happen...Guess it was just all women writing things in that time period and it was left out....musta been gods will...

peas

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
regarding the verse stating that the "fear" of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom (Proverbs 15:33):

Word Study at ancient-hebrew.org

The common understanding of this verse is that if one is afraid of the Lord he will have wisdom but, as we shall see this is not consistent with its use in the Hebrew language. The Hebrew for this phrase is hwhy tary (yirat Yahweh). When two nouns are placed together they are in the construct state meaning that these two words should be considered one. Another clue that these two nouns are in the construct is the change of the letter h (h). When the first word of the construct phrase ends with the letter h (h), it changed to the letter t (t).

Below is a complete list of construct phrases from the book of Genesis where the second word in the construct is "the Lord" (Yahweh).

The Word of the Lord (Genesis 15:1)

The Voice of the Lord (Genesis 3:8)

The Face of the Lord (Genesis 4:16)

The Name of the Lord (Genesis 4:26)

The Eyes of the Lord (Genesis 6:8)

The Garden of the Lord (Genesis 13:10)

The Angel of the Lord (Genesis 16:7)

The Way of the Lord (Genesis 18:19)

The Mount of the Lord (Genesis 22:14)

You will notice that in every instance the first word in the construct (word, voice, etc) belongs to the second word of the construct (Yahweh). The "fear" in the phrase "the fear of the Lord" is not our fear, it is the Lord's fear. Because God cannot "fear" we must look to the Ancient Hebrew concrete meaning of this word to understand it.

The word yirah comes from the parent root yar which means "to flow" and is related to words meaning river and rain, from their flowing, and to throw in the sense of flowing. From this we can see that when one is afraid the insides begin to shake, a flowing of the insides. But as the word yirah means "to flow" it is not limited to "fear" alone.

In our introductory verse we saw that wisdom comes from this "fear of the Lord." Compare that with Exodus 31:3 - "And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship." It is "the Spirit of God (the Lord)" that gives us wisdom in the same way that "the fear of the Lord" does. The Hebrew word for "spirit" is "ruach" literally meaning the "wind," which is also a flowing. The "fear of the Lord" is his Spirit which flows out of him into us giving us wisdom, knowledge and understanding.

another unfortunate example of poor translation becoming a standard misunderstanding

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Apologies,

It was either you have no understanding or I have no understanding.

Directly, or indirectly you insulted me first.

If we both had the same understandings of what it says, there would be no need of this entire conversation

I'm not just making erroneous statements up off the top of my head.This is what I do for a living.So at least give me that.

Without the little red face blowing fire...THE BIBLE IS ALSO THE MOST MISLEADING BOOK IN THIS WORLD....telling others that GOD must be feared, to NOT use ones own reasoning's, that we are all saved through a blood shed of life, that God even backed killings as a solution to a problem.
See, right here you are making blatant statements without any understanding into what the text is saying.
Lets start with this one

God even backed killings as a solution to a problem

Please give me one example in the Bible where you find this. Then explain to me How So.

[edit on 13-12-2009 by oliveoil]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by theonlyrusty

Thanks Oliveoil........That's mighty christian of you.
Wasn't aware that you knew of my 25 years of research.....
I see you try not to answer any questions put forth. Just tell others condescendingly that they don't know as much as you.
David Koresh and Pat Robertson both interpret the bible too. I guess god sides with one of them...
merry xmas.
peas

Oh brother, please.
Put forth a question that I have not answered and I will either tell you why I am not answering or I will give you a answer.

I have not interpreted anything out of the bible,I have only given you black and white word for word. You are the ones who have interpreted.

Your 25 years yielded you very little in terms of knowledge of the Bible.
merry Christmas

[edit on 13-12-2009 by oliveoil]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
Its quite obvious that your view of the Bible and God differs dramatically from mine, and is very hard for me to have a biblical debate against your ideological views. I'm not saying your wrong, I'm just saying that there cant be a debate until we have a clear understanding as to what the Bible says.

but what does the bible say about debate???

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It's not clear from the OP whether the thread clearly takes the "fate" or "destiny" view of Christianity. Not all churches believe everyone can be "saved", and some have even calculated percentages and numbers of the "saved" minority. Some variation of Baptist and Calvinist members I've met didn't even know predetination was taught by their church.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Originally posted by oliveoil
Its quite obvious that your view of the Bible and God differs dramatically from mine, and is very hard for me to have a biblical debate against your ideological views. I'm not saying your wrong, I'm just saying that there cant be a debate until we have a clear understanding as to what the Bible says.

but what does the bible say about debate???

Proverbs 25:9 Debate thy cause with thy neighbour himself; and discover not a secret to another:

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Thanks again Olive...

As usual, you are correct.

I'm too incompetent to have garnered any knowledge in 25 years.

Thanks for pointing that out.

I will just sit back and read your posts and see if I can glean all my knowledge there.

peas

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

You should put it in context, because what you quoted is not at all what it really says.

Proverbs 25

7For better it is that it be said unto thee, Come up hither; than that thou shouldest be put lower in the presence of the prince whom thine eyes have seen.

8Go not forth hastily to strive, lest thou know not what to do in the end thereof, when thy neighbour hath put thee to shame.

9Debate thy cause with thy neighbour himself; and discover not a secret to another:

10Lest he that heareth it put thee to shame, and thine infamy turn not away.

11A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.

12As an earring of gold, and an ornament of fine gold, so is a wise reprover upon an obedient ear.

13As the cold of snow in the time of harvest, so is a faithful messenger to them that send him: for he refresheth the soul of his masters.

14Whoso boasteth himself of a false gift is like clouds and wind without rain.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Thanks again Olive...

I will just sit back and read your posts and see if I can glean all my knowledge there.

NO! Please don't.

I need real knowledge to make any sense in this thread.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Thanks again Olive...

NO! Please don't.

I need real knowledge to make any sense in this thread.

Fair enough, I took a shot at you in the other thread, You take a shot at me.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

You should put it in context, because what you quoted is not at all what it really says.

Proverbs 25

7For better it is that it be said unto thee, Come up hither; than that thou shouldest be put lower in the presence of the prince whom thine eyes have seen.

8Go not forth hastily to strive, lest thou know not what to do in the end thereof, when thy neighbour hath put thee to shame.

9Debate thy cause with thy neighbour himself; and discover not a secret to another:

10Lest he that heareth it put thee to shame, and thine infamy turn not away.

11A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.

12As an earring of gold, and an ornament of fine gold, so is a wise reprover upon an obedient ear.

13As the cold of snow in the time of harvest, so is a faithful messenger to them that send him: for he refresheth the soul of his masters.

14Whoso boasteth himself of a false gift is like clouds and wind without rain.

Thank you for posting the whole thing in context.

heres some more, maybe you can put these in context too.

Isaiah 27:8 In measure, when it shooteth forth, thou wilt debate with it: he stayeth his rough wind in the day of the east wind.

Isaiah 58:4 Behold, ye fast for strife and debate, and to smite with the fist of wickedness: ye shall not fast as ye do this day, to make your voice to be heard on high.

Romans 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

2 Corinthians 12:20 For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults:

By the way, hows it going on that Church thing? any day now

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

oliveoil:

This is my thread. not LV'z. I have always believed that Jesus died for our sins and salvation.

Peace,
Grandma

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I used to be "born again" and made a commitment to Jesus, but it just wasn't working out so we had this long talk and agreed that we were better off as good friends. So far it seems to be working out well.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

I think it is confusing to others (myself also) that you believe Jesus died for your salvation, but you deny God wanted men to kill in the OT for sins through animal sacrifice.

Is there some other way besides being saved through the blood that you see Jesus was able to give you your salvation?

You state that you dont think God needed blood sacrifices...but yet you still hold Jesus as your blood sacrifice....do you not. Mabey I am just confused, I think it would be good for you to elaborate on this more.

(edit to add note to mom...Im waiting on dad to figure out this algebra
so hopping back and forth bwtween work and ATS)

[edit on 13-12-2009 by LeoVirgo]

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

I do believe that Jesus did die for me and because of him I have access into the holies of holies and direct contact with God, the Father. I do not believe the blood was needed to save me but yes, Jesus had to die to take my sins upon himself as he hied upon the cross.

I do not believe in blood sacrifices. Not in the OT or the NT.

Peace,
Mom

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

Hi mom

Do you care to answer some questions about this belief?

If you dont believe in blood sacrifice, how does Jesus take your sins apone his cross? Plus, why then does Jesus say 'pick up your cross'?

Ill try to keep posts simple without getting into my personal thoughts. I think it might help for us to see how you see this to be so.

Basically, are you saying that without Jesus dying, you would be unworthy of Heaven or Gods love?

In your eyes....Gods plan involves....man killing Jesus....man killing something?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join