learn more

Your Date With Destiny: Meeting the Real Jesus

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Yes, The Second Coming of Christ will be much different then His first Advent. I posted this thread in hopes of reaching just one person, that maybe they would take to heart we all have a date with Jesus.

But won't it be something glorious to hear the angels and the trumpet and see Christ coming in the clouds!

Merry Christmas,
Grandma

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

Which is why we must discern what we truly are. If you dont see the reasons for this discernment, how can you understand why it is so important to know what is of spirit is of spirit?

To live for the life of the spirit is a choice. Jesus made this choice and showed us the importance of this in order to 'leave' this body and this world of material things.

A soul can be attached to Earth for many lifetimes. All because it doesnt know that its truest core being is spiritual.

If a soul is still attached, it will likely find a belief system that allows this attachment to still be. A soul isnt going to choose a path that does not suit its understandings.

If you see yourself as part Earthly, then Earth still has things to teach you.
This is not our real life, we are eternal beings, having a physical experience. The Earth and the environment form us and catalyze us, all moments and reactions of us are markers that show what we are ready for and what we are not.

There is much wisdom in what I said...

What is of spirit is of spirit, what is of flesh is of flesh. Even though life is in the blood as we know it, doesnt mean we can take what is of flesh to heaven. We do not reach heaven through shedding of blood. Blood is of flesh. We are not to save up Earthly things, that can be destroyed, we are to save up spiritual things, that can be used in heaven, things that cant be destroyed. What is of flesh can be destroyed. Your body and blood can be destroyed while the spirit can not be destroyed.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
Oh please give me a break. Wouldn't one have to have infinite wisdom
If God taught them everything they need to know from the Bible w/o reading it?

No, not even close and I'm not even sure why you would think such. "Reality" itself as you know it is only possible through a limited perspective/knowledge and so forth.

To see the father completely would make "you" no longer exist. As your limited perspective required for things like "time" would be lost. "You" as an individual would cease to exist.

You said what matters is his teachings. You are only Half right. You refuse to acknowledge that he DIED so that we can be saved.

If a soldier goes to war, and he dies in the process of fighting for you freedom, then he died for your freedom correct? But did he go over there only for the purpose of dieing, or was that just the consequences of those actions? Does it mean that soldier is a sacrifice?

In order for someone to die wouldn't you think that it would be necessary to LIVE?

This is ridiculous. I have spent page after page talking about the difference between me "knowing" if Jesus lived or not, and what is attributed to him. When I talk about what Jesus did, then I am talking about AS IF HE DID LIVE.

I don't know how I can make it any clearer. And I'm not going to keep repeating myself. If you didn't have the reading comp the first time, I don't why I should bother the 2nd time.

His death was not in VAIN. Don't you get it?

No it wasn't, but it is in the manner you present it. God could have just forgiven people without Jesus dieing if that was all he wanted to do. If it was just a matter of faith, in the belief of an idol and ritual, then god does not need to do that. To say that it is required is to make his death in Vain, because it would have not been needed.

The only way his death was not in vein is if his LIFE had the purpose.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Yes, and by doing so he is redeeming us from those sins

I really wish you had any idea how much you insult the father when you say these things. I really do. You suggest the worse things about the father.

So, Jesus/God is your whipping boy then?

Your forgetting the new covenant which was prophetsized then later at the last supper by Jesus himself. Remember that the Jews still hold those commands, the gentiles however need not apply. He died for everyone.

Luke 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

yes their sins were forgiven.

#1. The new convent is given by Jesus in 2 part. #1 Love god with all your heart. #2. Love your neighbors as yourself.

It is from those 2 lines that all the understanding of the commandments can be found. It is from those 2 lines that the laws and the prophets hang. THAT is the new convent.

The people in Luke 23 you speak of are poor in spirit. That is why they know not what they do. They are blessed because they are poor in spirit.

As one is poor in spirit, then it means they have not yet rejected the truth. While Ignorance is no excuse in a court of law because people would fake ignorance, the father does in fact understand, and knows what was done out of ignorance and what was not.

[edit on 12/10/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Do not kill....means...do not kill.

Why give a law only to brake the law?

Even then, we see Jesus ask God to forgive them, for they know not what they do

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

It would only be glorious if 'all' are ready.

God will not bring force to any soul. This world will remain a physical world. The Kingdom that Jesus is talking about is a spiritual kingdom, not a physical domain.

This is the womb that the first fruit has created, the spiritual kingdom that Jesus has built, a place that is built not with Earthly hands.

Could his coming on the clouds not be representing a happening within? Could this be the comforter that we have found within us?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

This is ridiculous. I have spent page after page talking about the difference between me "knowing" if Jesus lived or not, and what is attributed to him. When I talk about what Jesus did, then I am talking about AS IF HE DID LIVE.
I don't know how I can make it any clearer. And I'm not going to keep repeating myself. If you didn't have the reading comp the first time, I don't why I should bother the 2nd time.

Shall I jog your noggin.you seem to be a little fuzzy. You said, And I Quote;

I do not know Jesus, I do not know that he existed

Now you are backtracking?.
You my friend are a wolf in sheep's clothing
You have wasted my time and effort.
Good riddance and good luck.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Whoa..... Let me get this straight....This god of yours says in "his words"..

Thou shalt not kill.........Unless he tells you to go to war in his name...O.T.

Thou shalt not steal.....Unless he tells you to in his name...Joseph...O.T.

Thou shalt not bear false witness....Unless he tells you to....O.T

Jews shouldn't eat pigs cause they are the chosen ones...O.T.

Wow, I want to be a christian...it is so simple and gods word (bible) answers alot more questions than it presents.

I now see how it is much easier to take everything written in the bible literally at face value. It is alot easier than asking to have it explained to you.

I always wondered about that story of the guy named jesus and that "god created devil" out in the desert for 40 days and nights. I always wondered who was there, who saw that and who wrote it down? Since the jesus guy never wrote anything in his supposed life, I always wondered where the story came from.

Now I see that I don't really need to know if was real or not...it is just the "analogy" of the story that is important.

I sure feel sorry for all those people that lived before jesus cause I guess they all went to hell. Those bad non believers.

I really like that part in there that says, "judge not". Now I know why we have so many religions and wars. I'm just glad we have so many "christians" fighting and supporting our current wars. I know we will kill all those people god hates and we will win..

I can sleep better tonight "knowing" all this...

peas

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

A spiritual nature is different then a Earthly nature.

If one reads the Bible, it gives thought that Jesus's nature was very Spiritual and not very Earthly. One does not need to 'know' Jesus to see the nature of God in a message.

If I told you about a man that I knew that gave his life for another being....would you have to 'know' this person to 'know' their nature was spiritual? What if then you found out the person didnt even exists, would you still have understanding of what a spiritual nature would be?

Many stories have been written with characters that display a spiritual nature, a nature that lives more for other selves then their own self. These characters dont have to be real for a person to learn from the nature displayed.

The OT gives a Earthly image of what God is supposed to be....do I have to 'know' this OT God to 'know' that this nature is not what Holy is? I dont know if the OT image of god existed or not, mabey it was just in the minds of men that it did...but still I was able to learn about the 'road that is not' from the OT.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

So, are you seriously telling me that you don't understand the concept of a story? That you do not understand how someone can talk about a story as if it is real, without actually knowing for sure if it is real?

Seriously? You can't understand that a person can talk about something in the context of it being real, without them actually believing/knowing 100% that it is real?

There is no way in the world such a concept is beyond you. I feel like I'm talking to an AI bot half the time.

Again, a little honesty please. Is it really too much to ask for?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by theonlyrusty

Whoa..... Let me get this straight....This god of yours says in "his words"..

Thou shalt not kill.........Unless he tells you to go to war in his name...O.T.

Thou shalt not steal.....Unless he tells you to in his name...Joseph...O.T.

Thou shalt not bear false witness....Unless he tells you to....O.T

Jews shouldn't eat pigs cause they are the chosen ones...O.T.

Wow, I want to be a christian...it is so simple and gods word (bible) answers alot more questions than it presents.

I now see how it is much easier to take everything written in the bible literally at face value. It is alot easier than asking to have it explained to you.

I always wondered about that story of the guy named jesus and that "god created devil" out in the desert for 40 days and nights. I always wondered who was there, who saw that and who wrote it down? Since the jesus guy never wrote anything in his supposed life, I always wondered where the story came from.

Now I see that I don't really need to know if was real or not...it is just the "analogy" of the story that is important.

I sure feel sorry for all those people that lived before jesus cause I guess they all went to hell. Those bad non believers.

I really like that part in there that says, "judge not". Now I know why we have so many religions and wars. I'm just glad we have so many "christians" fighting and supporting our current wars. I know we will kill all those people god hates and we will win..

I can sleep better tonight "knowing" all this...

peas

This is a perfect example of why people must discern and not blindly accept.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

So, are you seriously telling me that you don't understand the concept of a story? That you do not understand how someone can talk about a story as if it is real, without actually knowing for sure if it is real?

Seriously? You can't understand that a person can talk about something in the context of it being real, without them actually believing/knowing 100% that it is real?

There is no way in the world such a concept is beyond you. I feel like I'm talking to an AI bot half the time.

Again, a little honesty please. Is it really too much to ask for?

Listen to my words very closely. I'm here to help.

Jesus needs to be real. If not, then everything he did and said is meaningless.

Please for yourself, meditate on this.

I think our conversation is over.
Peace my brother.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

oliveoil:

I think you are being too hard on badmedia. He is being very open and honest with your questions. I understand what he is saying. He is not saying that Jesus did not exist. He is focusing on what Jesus said and how he lived his life as an example for us while he was here.

I am not sure we needed a blood sacrefice. Jesus "offered" up himself at the time he was arrested in the garden. I don't think his death is as important as his resurrection, I don't focus on the blood so much after my NDE. I had an experience during that time that showed me the blood is not good or right. WE ARE NOT TO BE WASHED IN HIS BLOOD.

His time here was a once in lifetime happening. He did show us how to live and how to love each other as ourselves. As he was a light into this world so shall we all be. The Heavenly Father is in all of us, we all are his children. As we shine our light we help others find thiers.

His resurrection is what gives us hope for our souls to be eternity with God and Christ the Son. It is the Holy Spirit that will help teach us and guide us. We need to have ears to hear and eyes to see.

Merry Christmas and Peace,
Grandma

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

I think you are being too hard on badmedia. He is being very open and honest with your questions. I understand what he is saying. He is not saying that Jesus did not exist. He is focusing on what Jesus said and how he lived his life as an example for us while he was here.

I understand what he is saying also.And I agree.however,the purpose for his existence was not solely for teaching.He was here to fulfill the Scriptures and by being crucified he did. He died for me and you and everyone.this was not a story. It was real.

I am not sure we needed a blood sacrifice. Jesus "offered" up himself at the time he was arrested in the garden. I don't think his death is as important as his resurrection, I don't focus on the blood so much after my NDE. I had an experience during that time that showed me the blood is not good or right. WE ARE NOT TO BE WASHED IN HIS BLOOD.

It is what it is.we cannot change that. If you learn all the covenants you will realize that this all makes perfect sense

Merry Christmas and Peace,
Grandma

Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

Thank you. I am so happy you understand what I am trying to say.

And thanks for mentioning the blood and your NDE. I felt out of place a bit mentioning it, but it fit so well into the discussion and was so relevant. Many of the things you said you experienced made sense to me in these ways. That part, and the part about Jesus building the house alone especially.

I just wish people could get that about the blood sacrifice. Then, they would focus on and realize the greater importance in his life.

In the end, all things of the father will return to the father.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I know all to much about Jehovah Witnesses and the Watchtower organization. However, You seem to be a little confused on the subject of the Trinity.

Well, just to put your mind at ease …I am not a Jehovah’s Witness.

It is the Comma Johanneum which is at the center of debate. With out it, the Trinity does and has always existed. The Trinity doctrine was and is the conclusion.

The Codex Sinaiticus includes the oldest copy of the New Testament, which is written in Greek and there is no “Comma Johanneum” contained within it.

Trinity
Extract from Wikipedia

However, this Comma Johanneum is not considered to be part of the genuine text.[37] It is commonly found in Latin manuscripts, but is absent from the Greek manuscripts, except for a few late examples, where the passage appears to have been back-translated from the Latin.

Wikipedia link

The grammatical arguments surrounding the “Trinity” are extremely complicated, and are still being debated today. I am not confused about it, I just don’t personally think it is all that clear, irrespective of the above.

I go along with the “Trinity” regarding Jesus and God, but not with regards to the “Holy Spirit” because I do not think that, that part, is at all clear. Whether the “Holy Spirit” is a “he” or an “it” i.e. neutral, is complex. I know God works through Jesus and that Jesus is a separate person himself. I also know that God works through the “Holy Spirit” but I am not convinced either way, that the “Holy Spirit” is a separate entity, in it’s own right, like Jesus is.

This is on topic, because Jesus is part of the trinity and it is important for us to understand that he was a real living being. God in the flesh. Notice the word God, which non trinitarians dispute.

Anyway…I feel as though you have detracted from the main point of my first original post on this thread, and taken me down a side alley, so to speak, to discuss the “Trinity”, which isn’t really what this thread is about.

Yes, I suppose, technically speaking, this is on topic, but I’m sure you will agree, that it is an extremely big and complicated topic, on it’s own, to be discussed on this thread. If you really want to discuss the “Trinity”, then I suggest that you set up a thread about it and discuss it, with everyone here at ATS…

- JC

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Yes, Jesus came to fulfill the scriptures. I do believe he died for you, me, all mankind, but the scriptures also were fulfilled when he defeated death. He did that for you, me, and all mankind that we need not fear death.

I believe that Jesus was and is the Christ the Lord and Saviour and as I posted believe that he is coming back again for a second Advent.

Peace,
Grandma

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

My last intention was to derail you into having a conversation on the trinity let alone the Comma Johanneum.

Usually those who believe in the Trinity have similar views,You came off as not being one.

In reference to the extract from wiki, Older is not always better, and Wiki is not always the best source for information regarding religion.( I learned that the hard way) However, If you would like to discuss this I would be more than happy to.This is my topic of interest.

No need to set up a new thread for this as I already started one a while back. hear it is.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

My last intention was to derail you into having a conversation on the trinity let alone the Comma Johanneum.

Yes, I understand that, sometimes it just happens a lot on ATS, where people start to discuss things, which are their favorite topics.

Usually those who believe in the Trinity have similar views, You came off as not being one.

I probably came off as not being one, because I don’t believe in the “Trinity” completely, as I have just pointed out in my previous post. It is only the “Holy Spirit” definition and the problems connected to the grammatical history, that I have a problem with, because it is very unclear. That’s why I used the description “Gods active force” in my first post.

I was trying not to have a big debate about it (“Trinity”) but, You had too persist
. I guess, I believe more in a “byinity” (made up word)…

In reference to the extract from wiki, Older is not always better, and Wiki is not always the best source for information regarding religion.( I learned that the hard way) However, If you would like to discuss this I would be more than happy to.This is my topic of interest.

I will comment on the above, on your, “The three Jahovah’s” thread…

No need to set up a new thread for this as I already started one a while back. hear it is.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks… I will definitely take a look at your thread

- JC

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven

Seriously...all you get is what you got between now and dead. Enjoy it before its gone. Your in heaven now...the only one we will ever get.

an empty life is like an empty cup sitting on the shelf unused that was and will never be filled with a drink, it's a waste of a cup.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join