It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Date With Destiny: Meeting the Real Jesus

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
reply to post by queenannie38

It seems like Every path Ive been down regarding the Bible tens to lead me in the same direction. There is always truths but never a definitive answer.Maybe God has set it up that way so we are guided by our faith

i think so

Thanks for your help.

glad to be of service!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Btw, doesn't it kind of say that your religious beliefs are extremely shallow when something such as if Jesus was physically real or not has such profound implications on your life?

What do you think the whole point of GOD being born in the flesh was?
To spread nice words though people that cant even account for his existence.

profound to say the least.

God was born unto this world, suffered just like all of us,Then died for all of our sins.

for someone to say that Gods existence here on earth doesn't matter, Its his words that matter, is half delusional.

I think I proved my point. I hope you find the correct path.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by oliveoil]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Oh and buy the way I was referring to the Bible as the many truths, oh and another thing your view on Josephus referring to Jesus as added, pans out to be just hearsay. But thanks for the effort .

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Reading the Bible is like looking at a second hand car but when you receive the Holy Spirit, it is like riding in the passengers seat!

There’s nothing wrong with reading the Bible, but God is a living active force, God is everywhere, not just in the bible. God can speak to any one of us, at any time. The bible actually tells people, all about Gods active force, and how it will testify too all truth, too people who receive it. The prophets heard Gods voice also and wrote down what they heard and understood. Gods voice has not stopped, it still continues today.

Both you Simplenoone and badmedia and myself of course, have heard God speak to us, without knowledge or the aid of the bible. That, in it’s self, should tell you something.

edit - Spelling

- JC

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Joecroft]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

The bible actually tells people, all about Gods active force,

Yet, another non trinitarian. The bible tells us that Gods "active force" is the third person in the trinity which is not his active force. I don't doubt anyone has a personal relationship with God, But to use this as a crutch for interpreting the Bible is wrong.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joecroft

Reading the Bible is like looking at a second hand car but when you receive the Holy sprit, it is like riding in the passengers seat!

AMEN!

and what a ride, eh??

woo-hoo!

There’s nothing wrong with reading the Bible, but God is a living active force, God is everywhere, not just in the bible. God can speak to any one of us, at any time. The bible actually tells people, all about Gods active force, and how it will testify too all truth, too people who receive it. The prophets heard Gods voice also and wrote down what they heard and understood. Gods voice has not stopped, it still continues today.

Both you Simplenoone and badmedia and myself of course, have heard God speak to us, without knowledge or the aid of the bible. That, in it’s self, should tell you something.

- JC

i second that!

all it takes is the desire to LISTEN and to HEAR
GOD is EVERYWHERE

within and without

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

, another non trinitarian. The bible tells us that Gods "active force" is the third person in the trinity which is not his active force.

“Active force” is just my way of describing the “Holy Spirit”.

I don't doubt anyone has a personal relationship with God, But to use this as a crutch for interpreting the Bible is wrong.

Where in my first post, did I suggest this should be used as a crutch for interpreting the bible?

If anything, I actually suggest, that the two should compliment each other!

- JC

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Where in my first post, did I suggest this should be used as a crutch for interpreting the bible?

You didn't have to

First you are telling people what the Bible says,

The bible actually tells people, all about Gods active force, and how it will testify too all truth, too people who receive it

Then you are saying that your information does not come from the Bible.

Both you Simplenoone and badmedia and myself of course, have heard God speak to us, without knowledge or the aid of the bible

Sorry, I just call them as I see them.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Hello oliveoil:

I first heard about God and Jesus when I was 8 years old. My grandma would tell me stories about him and sing hymns to me.

Somewhere around that time I started talking to God and he answered me. That began my personal relationship with God and I had not read any Bible. I did, however, have a need to attend church and learn all I could and I did get a Bible.

Peace,
Grandma

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

First you are telling people what the Bible says

Gods “active force” (which is how I chose to describe it in my first post) is the “Holy Spirit” which the bible states, will testify to all truth.

NIV
John 16 v 13
But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all truth

Then you are saying that your information does not come from the Bible.

All I was trying to point out, was that both Simplynoone, badmedia and myself, all heard God speak to us, at a point in our lives, when we new nothing or little about the bible. We all found the bible at a later stage in our lives. That was my point… I said nothing about that being a substitute for the bible itself.

- JC

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
AMEN!

and what a ride, eh??

woo-hoo!

Thanks

woo-hoo

Yeah, what a ride… no brakes needed…lol

Originally posted by queenannie38
i second that!

all it takes is the desire to LISTEN and to HEAR
GOD is EVERYWHERE

within and without

Amen!

Absolutely… within and without

Pretty hard too escape lol if you know what I mean…

- JC

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grandma

Hello oliveoil:

I first heard about God and Jesus when I was 8 years old. My grandma would tell me stories about him and sing hymns to me.

Somewhere around that time I started talking to God and he answered me. That began my personal relationship with God and I had not read any Bible. I did, however, have a need to attend church and learn all I could and I did get a Bible.

Peace,
Grandma

Thank you Grandma for sharing this with me. I believe from my own experience that God does intervene in peoples lives

Most of these people like myself never knew anything about the Bible until it happened to them.
(Hit me like a ton of bricks)

I believe that by reading the Bible and studying it, It can give you a better understanding of who God and we as humans are. There is no other way to learn about God.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Perhaps I took it a little hard on you. apologies...

Gods “active force” (which is how I chose to describe it in my first post) is the “Holy Spirit” which the bible states, will testify to all truth.

Yes, yes, yes, But however, you are making the Holy Ghost out to be something "HE" is not. That would be Gods "active force"

HE is God in the third person of the trinity.
If you read your Bible closely,you would realize this.

Notice the word HE in the verse you supplied

NIV
John 16 v 13

Just a little FYI

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

oliveoil,

Please dont limit Gods greatness to think that the book, a material object passed on through man, is the only way God made for us to learn about Thee.

Thee made this world, the environment, the sciences, the patterns, and cycles, in ways that Thee can be found. People have been finding God for a long time. Churches take control and tell the people there is only one way to find Thee and this is a raping of spiritual beings birth rights to learn about what they are. If the world knew that God was reachable and finds us to all be worthy, then the Vatican would be out of business.

Many road blocks have been set to get people to stop seeking. Seeking God and your core nature is a life time journey, and no book and no person is needed for this to be.

To think God would just leave us with a book and that is it....wow. Do you not see the wisdoms of cycles and understandings of the works of God in nature, in the way we must use our senses, in the way our bodies and brains work together to react and reason, the way we use intuition to feel resonations?

God did much better then just a book....there are many books, the Holy Spirit has always been reachable, if there has been life, God has been reachable.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

There is no reason to separate God into a 'God' and Holy Spirit, and son...ect....

God is ONE. We are all ONE because God is within ALL.

When one talks of God or the Holy Ghost or the Holy Spirit....these are all a ONE.

And God is not a he. There is no way to give gender or name to God. It is a limit to our human perspectives.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

I appreciate what you are saying and respect your opinion. However, I believe in the scriptures wholeheartedly.Its the word of God. This is the only way to learn.Thats why we have it. Get it?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

No I dont...please continue to explain why we need any material object to learn about God?

With all due respect as well...I have learned much without the book, even though the book was my milk, the food is given later with understanding and a seeking.

The pearls are not given to the simple man, this was why there were parables used by Jesus. Why give your gold to someone that would not be able to understand its worth.

We are talking about what is 'holy and divine'. People have limited God and the 'way' so much, they have stopped asking themselves, what doest 'Holy' mean, what kind of nature is 'Holiness'?

Answers have always been in life itself. If something isnt obvious....then dont go around teaching people they should believe in something that is not obvious.

This life is not about 'if one believes in what they dont see'. This life is about feeling a inner nature within, discerning that nature, and finding understanding of Gods nature....so all things can then be discerned. We dont become righteous because it is what God says we should be....we strive to be righteous because we understand that this is the nature of our most inner light within.

Someone can be very in touch with their inner self, strive to life more for others then their self, strive to be good....because that is the way of life that resonates with them. This person will not be judged for not believing in things they didnt see....the nature is obviously within them already, a light will shine from them either way.

We are not humans striving to be spiritual beings....we are spiritual beings, having a human experience.

You will be loved, no matter what. A way will be made, that opens all eyes and ears, somehow, someway. All will relearn about this world of illusions, and all will face the knowing that they are nothing without God.

I could go on...but I already know your not willing to hear if its not in your book written by fellow man.

The comforter is within many today, souls that hold this vibration of love are here and are sharing with others, the love that cant be fathomed. It will be hard for many to accept, because for years humans have been taught they are unworthy. This in itself gives huge walls between receiving understanding between man and God.

Either way, its all rightfully so. Many will choose to stay on the path that bonds them to Earth and the physical experience for they are not ready to detach.

Are you that surprised that history is repeating itself. Every 2000 years there comes a new understanding, that is really the oldest understanding, that keeps getting repressed....that is GOD IS REACHABLE, always has been.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by LeoVirgo]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Yes, yes, yes, But however, you are making the Holy Ghost out to be something "HE" is not. That would be Gods "active force"

HE is God in the third person of the trinity.
If you read your Bible closely,you would realize this.

Notice the word HE in the verse you supplied

NIV
John 16 v 13

The trinity is one of the most debated topics in the history of Christianity and I didn’t want this thread to detract from the main topic of this discussion. There is an excellent thread discussion on it however, which you might like to take a look at…

is the trinity a biblical doctrine?

Perhaps I took it a little hard on you. apologies...

Apology accepted…

No hard feelings…

- JC

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

What do you think the whole point of GOD being born in the flesh was?
To spread nice words though people that cant even account for his existence.

profound to say the least.

God was born unto this world, suffered just like all of us,Then died for all of our sins.

for someone to say that Gods existence here on earth doesn't matter, Its his words that matter, is half delusional.

I think I proved my point. I hope you find the correct path.

Jesus came to earth in order to be the example on how to live and follow the commandments, in hopes that those who "believed" him would follow in his footsteps and also walk the path.

Not that hard to understanding.

First, men were given the commandments/laws. But men still did not understand them really, and so they broke those commandments while thinking they were doing things of god. That is the hypocrisy Jesus is always talking about.

They thought "eye for an eye". And so they would kill the man who killed. They thought they were justified in their actions, but they forgot - "Vengence is mine sayeth the Lord".

Thus Jesus enters onto the scene, and shows people through understanding how to follow the commandments properly. How you were not justified in those actions, those actions just made those people hypocrites.

So, when he says he is "the way", he is referring to his example being the way for all men to live. Jesus is not supposed to be the exception to the rule, he is supposed to be the rule.

He speaks in parables to give understanding. This he is asked directly. He is asked - why do you speak in parables? And he talks about how those with understanding can hear him when he does, but those without understanding can't.

Why is this understanding so important? You'll need to take a look at the OT.

Psalms 111:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

And take a look at this. Notice it does NOT say knowledge of the holy is to memorize scripture.

Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Proverbs 9 btw, is the last super, which is key to understanding what Jesus truly represents.

By Jesus doing what he does, and showing the way, he also shows what is not the way. In the process, he shows what are god's laws, and what were the laws of men.

If you believe that Jesus is the word in the flesh, then tell me how does the word in the flesh dieing save you? When all that is good in this world has to be sacrificed ritual style, then what does that say about you?

Matthew 9:13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Repent means to fix/change. Sin means mistake. To repent fr your sins means to fix your mistakes. How can this be done? Only with understanding - Psalm 111:10. And the understanding Jesus provides is what leads to salvation.

But you tell me that the father desires sacrifice, rather than understanding.

Oh, and what was Jesus talking about? He was quoting Hosea 6.

5Therefore have I hewed them by the prophets; I have slain them by the words of my mouth: and thy judgments are as the light that goeth forth.

6For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

7But they like men have transgressed the covenant: there have they dealt treacherously against me.

8Gilead is a city of them that work iniquity, and is polluted with blood.

But you desire sacrifice and burnt offerings more than the knowledge of god - which is understanding. You preach dogma and acceptance, and try for religious converts through fear tactics.

As you have no understanding, you are unable to keep the commandments and thus you work iniquity.

Keeping up with Hosea 6.

Matthew 7

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

But apparently all these things were said for nothing in your opinion. Because you believe all you need to do is believe he died for your sins. The rest of this stuff is apparently all for nothing.

Never once does Jesus EVER tell anyone to believe he died on the cross for their sins. NEVER. In fact, when asked directly what one needs to do, he tells them to walk the path. To keep the commandments and so forth.

If the claims of Christians are true in that regard, then why doesn't Jesus tell that to the rich man who comes to him? Joker Jesus? The rich man believes Jesus is who he says he is. Does Jesus tell him not to worry, just believe he has come to die for his sins? NO. He tells that man to go walk the path. That it is harder to get a camel through the eye of a needle than a rich man into heaven. Why do you claim Jesus lied to that man?

But according to you and according to your religion, that rich man need not worry. He need only give a little money to the church, and believe Jesus died on the cross for his sins, and all is well. Well, if you are of Jesus and follow Jesus, then why do you disagree with him?

Sorry, but you preach the broad path, one that even the rich man can walk. You reject what I say because you don't like what it means. Because it surely is alot easier to praise the name of Jesus, and praise the idol than it is to actually follow the commandments and walk the path.

And it is for that reason that you will NEVER make anykind of real point, nor do you EVER have any chance of winning a debate with me. I have a fire that comes from my tongue that you can not put out.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Jesus's life should show us a path to walk, a path that lives for the life of spirit, not the life of flesh.

His death is the darkness that brings forth the light. His death is the reflection of Earthly ways of men that could not see a light when it stood before them, for their book said differently then what Jesus spoke.

Gods plan does not involve the death for sins. Gods plan is about the life, the journey.

If you feel Jesus had to die, then the blood is also on your hands.

Jesus taught us to carry our cross. He also taught that the law of nature still is here, the law of the karmic cycle, the law of an eye for an eye is explaining this karmic cycle.

For Jesus to of fought for this life or to of hated those that smite him, he would of been choosing to live for the flesh and not the spirit. He showed WHY we must resist temptations of the flesh, for they lower our vibrations.

Many did not like what Jesus taught...so I highly doubt we know exactly the real words of Jesus. I dont think Jesus wanted us to focus on his death at all....I think he wanted us to focus on how to live a righteous way......even when the world seems to stand against you. He did not live to be glorified by others, he lived to be glorified by the Holy Spirit.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join