It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Date With Destiny: Meeting the Real Jesus

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Your posts would have more worth if you didnt feel the need to label others posts with words such as 'goofy' or comments such as 'what have you been smokin' and there are many many other comments from other threads and this one as well where you felt the need to belittle another understandings with little jabs.

I'm sorry you feel this way I just call it like I see it. Besides, What Bad has said many times are just plain wrong and I consider it an assault on my faith.

It doesnt make you look like you have more understanding of something, which would be the only purpose to use such comments or words.

I have more understanding of the Bible than You and He, And I think both of you know this.

By you using this method over and over (in this thread and othres) you tempt others to lower themsevles to the same level and then belittle your understandings back at you....instead of just stating the difference of understandings and leaving it at that
. Is he not doing the same thing you are accusing me of doing? Be honest now.

You tried to pull this card out on Badmedia, when he stated 'you are full of crap' and you came back and told him how Christian he looked. We all are guilty of such lower words that really have no need to be spoken, but you do this often...and then call someone out on it when they do it once.

No it came long before when he said If you want blood you've got it.And that I would never win this battle (not so much in these words) with him. You really need to go back and see what was spoken before you accuse.

Again, we are all showing a nature here. The choice of words we use shows part of that nature we have.
Just some thoughts, hopefully they wont be taken the wrong way

Im just a person and never claimed to be holier than thou,And yes sometimes I seem to go a little overboard but usually its in self defense.So thank you for pointing out my short falling, But Sometimes these things need to be said, like what your doing to me right here. Am I right?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I think we should all just try and remember that everyone is human, emotions run high and sometimes we get snippy with each other. There is far more meat to both sides of the discussion and I think it does no one any favors when you even bother acknowleding the smaller insults that get thrown out in the heat of the moment.

I dont think anyone is claiming to be a saint (obviously Im not I've been fairly obnoxious myself), but lets not derail the conversation by resorting to circular name calling.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

You have clearly stated that without the Bible, we couldnt find God. Then you backtrack this with saying in a couple post that God can be found all around us.

I think I made myself clear. Last time.

I said that God reveals himself though nature and though Divine revelation.
If you choose to seek him out that is another story.You can find out all about him in the Bible and no where else.
Their is a difference between him seeking you and you seeking him. Again, go back and reread what I say.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by gYvMessanger
I think we should all just try and remember that everyone is human, emotions run high and sometimes we get snippy with each other. There is far more meat to both sides of the discussion and I think it does no one any favors when you even bother acknowleding the smaller insults that get thrown out in the heat of the moment.

I dont think anyone is claiming to be a saint (obviously Im not I've been fairly obnoxious myself), but lets not derail the conversation by resorting to circular name calling.

Your right, and I have said this before lets stop with all the insults.
And by personally calling me out like she did is an insult.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

Yes everyone recently in this thread (apart from Grandma) has gotten a bit personal, but we are all trying to come to an understanding. Lets have a bit of peace in BTS.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Yes everyone recently in this thread (apart from Grandma) has gotten a bit personal, but we are all trying to come to an understanding. Lets have a bit of peace in BTS.

Its like this,
Grandma says: Your date with destiny meeting the real Jesus.
I say this,
The only account we have as to Jesus is the Bible.

LV says, we don't have to look to the Bible to see the real Jesus.

Bad media says, that God has revealed to him understanding of the scriptures but does not acknowledge the whole scriptures as truth.Claims to be an adherent of Christ but is not a Christian, and does not acknowledge the existence of his being. (to name a few)

I am the only one here who is trying to discuss what the Bible is actually saying with out using my own personal ideological view.

Cant anyone see this?

[edit on 23-12-2009 by oliveoil]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I think you are using your own ideological view, its just very stark against the unorthodox viewpoints your coming across in this thread.

My understanding of BM is that he had personal experiences of God which led him to certain spiritual understandings, which in turn led him to seeing the truth hidden in the bible, as a consequence of which he considers himself a follower of the teachings of Christ, but not a member of a church. He also considers some of the scripture within the current formation of the bible to be suspect, but outside of that he has also read a lot of the scripture outside of the current accepted text.

Though he doesnt feel it necessary for Jesus to have "been real", he can follow the ideal it is based on because of understanding of key spiritual truths (from his viewpoint).

I think LV is mostly arguing about not needing the bible to know God, which I believe is not the same thing as needing the bible to know Jesus, though you should certainly be able to argue that you can come to know Jesus through the works of his true disciples (including those who live today) without neeed of reading the bible per se. Indeed for most of Christianity's tenure the majority of Christians were not able to actually read the Bible, they could only learn through the lessons of their preachers.

Anyway I cant talk for them, they can talk for themselves. I'm not advancing the conversation because I don't hold with the idea of Jesus being Messiah myself, but there has been information presented in the thread and others which makes you wonder, whiich is why I keep prodding it to continue.

The bottom line being (in my mind). The road to understanding is different for every person, this topic is one which should be discussed with personal ideology, through the coming together of these different understandings we should all be able to come out richer, even if it means some ideas get dismissed in the process.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gYvMessanger

I think you are using your own ideological view, its just very stark against the unorthodox viewpoints your coming across in this thread.

The key word here is unorthodox. And please feel free to show me what is not in the Bible that I have shown to be my own ideological view.Then show me the same with Bad and Leo.

My understanding of BM is that he had personal experiences of God which led him to certain spiritual understandings, which in turn led him to seeing the truth hidden in the bible, as a consequence of which he considers himself a follower of the teachings of Christ, but not a member of a church. He also considers some of the scripture within the current formation of the bible to be suspect, but outside of that he has also read a lot of the scripture outside of the current accepted text

And what would that scripture outside of current accepted text be? There is only one Bible that contains the teachings of Jesus and there is no hidden truth. it is what it is.His understanding goes against what the Bible says as a whole in complete context.

Though he doesn't feel it necessary for Jesus to have "been real", he can follow the ideal it is based on because of understanding of key spiritual truths (from his viewpoint).

If he believes that what Jesus said is true.He would believe that Jesus,Who is God, was here in the flesh.He was born,suffered and died for Us. to redeem us from our sins. This is and was the good news.Define Gospels?

I think LV is mostly arguing about not needing the bible to know God, which I believe is not the same thing as needing the bible to know Jesus, though you should certainly be able to argue that you can come to know Jesus through the works of his true disciples (including those who live today) without neeed of reading the bible per se. Indeed for most of Christianity's tenure the majority of Christians were not able to actually read the Bible, they could only learn through the lessons of their preachers.
First of all Jesus is God.This is clear. Leo, believes that she can find God though nature.She is wrong.She is looking at Gods works not God. The only way we can learn about God is though the word.This is not a hard concept to grasp.

Anyway I cant talk for them, they can talk for themselves. I'm not advancing the conversation because I don't hold with the idea of Jesus being Messiah myself, but there has been information presented in the thread and others which makes you wonder, whiich is why I keep prodding it to continue.
The only way you can find out is by reading the Bible,Not though people and what they say and obviously these people have not understood what the Bible is saying.

The bottom line being (in my mind). The road to understanding is different for every person, this topic is one which should be discussed with personal ideology, through the coming together of these different understandings we should all be able to come out richer, even if it means some ideas get dismissed in the process.
Here again, what is written about Jesus is only found within the Bible.(isnt Jesus the topic?) We can only understand and except what is written.Thats what I am doing However these people are not.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil

Its like this,
Grandma says: Your date with destiny meeting the real Jesus.
I say this,
The only account we have as to Jesus is the Bible.

LV says, we don't have to look to the Bible to see the real Jesus.

Bad media says, that God has revealed to him understanding of the scriptures but does not acknowledge the whole scriptures as truth.Claims to be an adherent of Christ but is not a Christian, and does not acknowledge the existence of his being. (to name a few)

I am the only one here who is trying to discuss what the Bible is actually saying with out using my own personal ideological view.

Cant anyone see this?

[edit on 23-12-2009 by oliveoil]

Yes Olive Oil, it is clear that you feel the God HAD to leave us a material object to teach us about Thee. Others are here trying to show you that Thee's works are too great for any book as an entire truth to be told to us poor lost humans.

Do you not think that a woman Indian who was taught about the Great Spirit cant be close to God?

Do you not think that a monk who lives life in silence and reverence cant be close to God?

Yes this thread is titled about meeting our destiny with Jesus....as if we are all going to be condemned for NOT KNOWING something WE CANT KNOW. This is a fear tactic....and this brings people to search God for the wrongs reasons. They might find a hope in the light of it all....but they will only get so far and their image of God will have Earthly attributes, if one is seeking with still many attachments to this flesh body and this flesh world, they will only see what they are ready for. Usually this is a God image that is jealous, prideful, quick to anger....similar to how humans act under pressure or when they arent getting their way. Why would we need to work on bettering ourselves from such ways....if God was these things? We have to work on bettering ourselves because God is not those things, this is a clue to what perfect, Holy, and Divine mean. We dont become better because God instructs us to either....we MUST have understanding of WHY these ways are better, HOW a goodness ripples onto others, how patients wins over quickening to anger and short temperament.

Yes, as I did say...we are all guilty of lowering our natures to one another. It is harder to keep this in check when conversating with someone that lowers their nature at someone else in a consistent manner....the human mind wants to give that person a taste of their own medicine....control takes work AND understanding. Yes I and Badmedia have both lowered our natures around you....we should have worked harder to keep our spiritual natures in check. It is not often at all you will catch either one of us using descriptive words that belittles anothers path in a demeaning way. But...it does happen. Like I said, it is harder to keep this in check when we choose to have discourse with others that dont try to do this as well and are really here to have a honest meaningful discussion. There is no reason for any of us to feel the need to put another down with words....and mabey I dont need to have conversations with you sense you seem to tempt this carnal behavior within me.

You say that you felt your faith was assaulted when others came in and shared their faith here on this thread. Well I feel assaulted when other humans try to keep taking away my spiritual birth right to seek God for myself. We all have reasons we are here and reasons why this topic is so sensitive to us. No one is here because they just want to buck up against God and not follow in Thee's way. The mainstream belief insults God and how great Thee is and perfectly Thee made sure that there would always be a way to seek Thee here on this world, even if all material objects get washed away. Why you are not simply amazed and bedazzled by this work of God is beyond me....for it is the miracle I see every day, every breath, every child, every time I open my eyes or realize I am awake.....God has always been here, has never left, and never will.

As much as I love my mother, she did make this thread....and I will continue to bring hope to others (even in my own mothers thread) that YOU AND ALL ARE WORTHY and God is not needing any killing, blood shedding, or material Earthly object of substance for you to be worthy of God. I saw what happened to my mother when she tried to take the blood to heaven in the belief that she had to be washed in the blood. It was horrifying to watch her be in a place I couldnt reach her and to watch her be so alone and scared.

As many times as I could tell you, God cant leave us all the answers in a book because our purpose IS TO SEEK THEE WITH OUR BODIES AND THE NATURE AROUND US as well as God is not going to just give you the answers. I know that hurts alot of people and takes away a comfort zone for them to think it might not be so....but you must understand, certain things can not be given.....they must be found and experienced.

So as much as you feel I or others are misleading and tainting Gods words....we feel the same way when others say God needs this Earthly thing and God needs that Earthly thing...and God is Holy but yet shares human behaviors also....

When I felt the sadness sweep over me with the understanding of how far people were really from God....only God could give me the strength to stand after this. I felt the world was ruined with misfortune of past men misleading us all so far away that there was no way to lead everyone back. We have half of the world at least trying to get to heaven through the death of a human. The seed has been sown...and we are all laying in it as we speak. We have got to stop trying to make God something that is not Divine....we have got to stop trying to make God out to be something that has to resort to human behaviors to solve something that we seem to see as needing 'fixed'. Only we can fix it, its not that God cant fix what we see and our problems that we have....sure God can do all of that....but Thee has a purpose in these things that we see as 'evil' and 'wrong' and God actually is waiting for us....not us waiting on God.

You could have all the knowledge of that Bible...and you could even have it memorized....but without discerning what is Holy and what is not....you have nothing but a glimpse of what God is. Just the fact though that a soul believes it is seeking in the only way it knows how or is able o place faith in is enough for God to comfort and give rest to that soul for a time. For God knows why a soul cant let go of Earthly securities, and what ever reason it is...God is understanding of it also.

Its not so much to you specifically I keep talking....for you have no use of my words and that is find by all means. But many many others are feeling drawn to seek right now, many others are reading these forums and wondering what is 'the way'. Many others are moving from religions and experiencing a relation between them and God...and the majority of these people have similar views of what God is all about, ironically. You have more spiritual people that can agree on what God is about and what Gods nature is then you have more people agree on what the Bible means. That should say something....but for those that feel they know it all...they wont see or hear such remarkable things happening around them. There will be more...and they will be deemed by religious fold to be the works of Satan...even though these people bring peace and love....they will speak against the mainstream ways and the mainstream will lash back for they dont want their comfort taken out from under their feet.

This isnt new....it has happened throughout history. The world or a culture sits well with a certain understanding for a while....then you get children and children children raised in that way and eventually a new light will come, it is like a evolving....it is no different then what Jesus did to those that thought forgiveness came through killing animals and using a law of an eye for an eye. Times must change, and they will, Im honored to be amongst others in this day and time. I am but a servant to God...but this also means, I am a servant to all souls. My will is for all to find their most inner nature, the light of God within them.

I am not why you feel the need to claim you know more about the Bible then me or another here....I could quote scripture with every single point I make...but through my times of learning....I was taught to speak from my spirit. Every single thing I say I have tested through the book and through my spirit. Even your book says to do this and is where I got such good advice "test EVERYTHING with the Spirit". I was also taught to look for this in other people that come and speak about God. Look for others who are speaking from their spirit.

I trust in God to lead my spirit...once I started living in the way and allowing the time to cleanse my mind and heart and body....my life has never been the same. The proof is in the pudding for me, and how can I show another the proof that I have....? I can not. But I do know there are others out there that have the same experiences and revelations....so now and then I do find rest in seeing another gracious soul standing here on this Earth holding the Divine light.

I hope one day you can see how awesome it is in the fact that we dont have to have a book. There is actually a foundation here that cant be destroyed or made by man....how great this is for me to know that souls will never be lost, even if material objects get destroyed. Now that is miraculous!

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

How can we read the 'word' when the word itself is 'life'?

Can you read 'life'?

Yes, we can. God made the 'word' in something indestructible. The Holy Spirit is within all life....this is the meaning for 'life' in the blood.

The book can show us about men that understood the lessons of life within life itself, and we can tell by the nature of a man if that man had spiritual understandings. This can teach us alot yes....but there is more and it saddens me when a soul cant take God out of the box that another man tried to place Thee in. To have knowing of such a thing....only leaves one thing for me to do...pass it on to others to seek the wisdom that solemn talked of, to seek the Holy Spirit that past men has shown us can be done. This path also, takes faith in God that Thee is the one that will lead a true seeker of Thee.

When I broke away from preconceived thoughts and ways, it was very lonely...for no one glorified me for it (other humans). I came to see though very soon on this path....it was God who was glorifying me in my heart....and this was all I needed. I was tested to see how far I could walk on this path....all the way to the thought of having to give my life of flesh for the wisdom's that I was being shown. Not because that is something I have to do...but I had to be tested to see if the understanding was there for why such a action would be more righteous then fighting for this life here. As I said before, a human is not going to be given a wisdom of God if that human is not going to be able to understand it. It would be throwing pearls to the swine. For me, it just makes sense now....why God cant leave us all the answers in a book. Past man can leave the understandings he found in a book...but again, we must discern if those understandings were of an Earthly nature or Spiritual nature.

Did the Jews and others take well what Jesus taught? No, they did not. This is no different then what you see going on here today.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by LeoVirgo]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

The key word here is unorthodox. And please feel free to show me what is not in the Bible that I have shown to be my own ideological view.Then show me the same with Bad and Leo.

I dont see what that has to do with anything to be honest I acknowledged the point and Im sure they both would as well. Though BM does use the Bible to make his points as well as using his own experiences.

And what would that scripture outside of current accepted text be? There is only one Bible that contains the teachings of Jesus and there is no hidden truth. it is what it is.His understanding goes against what the Bible says as a whole in complete context.

Come now you should know your history better than that, there are plenty of early Christian scriptures that have been left out of the current bible when it was standardazied several hundred years after the death of Jesus. There are also additional texts within most churches which are considered to be revealed / recieved texts, especially in Catholicism. There are also earlier jewish treaties on the subject which are worth reading.

If he believes that what Jesus said is true.He would believe that Jesus,Who is God, was here in the flesh.He was born,suffered and died for Us. to redeem us from our sins. This is and was the good news.Define Gospels?

This isnt really for me to address, though my reading of BM's post say not that he doesnt think Jesus did live, only that he does not think it is important whether he existed or not. In his opinion from what I can gather the belief and the legend and the knowledge of Jesus is enough.

They are called the Gospels by the Church, that doesnt mean they are true on that merit alone. I can write a story and call it Gospel, that doesn't make it so.

First of all Jesus is God.This is clear. Leo, believes that she can find God though nature.She is wrong.She is looking at Gods works not God. The only way we can learn about God is though the word.This is not a hard concept to grasp.

The word as you put it, is nature manifest, this is made clear in Genesis. As I said in my last post I dont personally accept Jesus as Messiah. For me from a pseudo-jewish point of view, it is not at all automatically clear that the Messiah is God in the way you claim it to be, indeed I would say this is not the case (note I say Messiah not Jesus, even if I accepted Jesus in that position. from my understanding of the original Messianic literature what Messiah means differs from your understanding from the evolved Christian literature).

The bible says that you cannot understand God.

God is revealed through his work in this creation, because he is not of it you cannot seek to completely understand god by comparing it to anything within creation, but you can grow closer to him.

Finally when the jews talk about the bible, they speak of the Torah, and within that ideology, The Torah is creation, the living continious word of God, and the books studied are merely to help bring some small understanding on those who would be the servants of the creator.

The only way you can find out is by reading the Bible,Not though people and what they say and obviously these people have not understood what the Bible is saying.

This is inherently false, our race lived for thousands of years (at least) without the bible, Disciples of Nazarath went for hundreds of years with multiple texts before Christianity stablized into the major forms and agreed upon a New Testament. The way you would have it all those souls would be damned at least, and all would have lived without any knowledge of the divine at the worst.

Here again, what is written about Jesus is only found within the Bible.(isnt Jesus the topic?) We can only understand and except what is written.Thats what I am doing However these people are not.

Yes Jesus is the topic which is why Ive tried to keep my discussion on spirituality to a minimal as should be clear I dont hold truck with it. However there are stories of Jesus not just within the New Testament, but also in additional scriptures both "true and false" around the world from "his time", also in stories of the faithful, and in the actions of those who have been touched by his true disciples.

I do wander though, if you accept Jesus as God, why does it matter for someone to come to a relationship with Jesus, isnt it better to go for a relationship with the creator and then attempt to live your life in accordance with his wishes (which should be to attempt to live a life akin to Jesus minus the being murdered part).

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I'm pretty much staying out of the conversation as long as it's focused on people rather than the understanding of things. I don't have much interest in the topic in the direction as of late.

But you do seem to understand what I am talking about. I am happy to see that.

For what it's worth, I don't really study many written words. I pretty much stick with the KJV of the bible. I don't dismiss other texts, but they are not things I've read or anything. I only use the bible in an attempt to show others the deeper things, so I stick with the KJV and only the accepted bible for their benefit.

The most stubborn of people will only stick to or allow the KJV and the bible. In many peoples eyes, you are by default wrong the moment you do anything outside that. Never happens in reverse. Nobody who uses the NIV says - ohhhh KJV, you are by default wrong etc. Or nobody who uses the other texts says - ohh, you quoted John, you are by default wrong.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I admit that does surprise me. From your various postings on this site I assumed you had read much further than simply the KJV, the level of insight you have shown in places is all the more impressive given that.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I dont see what that has to do with anything to be honest I acknowledged the point and Im sure they both would as well. Though BM does use the Bible to make his points as well as using his own experiences
.See thats the point. He uses the Bible or I should say the Gospels to stress his own ideological view.

Come now you should know your history better than that, there are plenty of early Christian scriptures that have been left out of the current bible when it was standardazied several hundred years after the death of Jesus. There are also additional texts within most churches which are considered to be revealed / recieved texts, especially in Catholicism. There are also earlier jewish treaties on the subject which are worth reading.

We are speaking of the teachings of Jesus correct. Please show me any other text besides the Gospel of Thomas where Jesus himself is quoted.

They are called the Gospels by the Church, that doesn't mean they are true on that merit alone. I can write a story and call it Gospel, that doesn't make it so.

The word Gospel means "Good News" what do you think the good news was all about. The teachings of Jesus alone?

The word as you put it, is nature manifest, this is made clear in Genesis. As I said in my last post I dont personally accept Jesus as Messiah. For me from a pseudo-jewish point of view, it is not at all automatically clear that the Messiah is God in the way you claim it to be, indeed I would say this is not the case (note I say Messiah not Jesus, even if I accepted Jesus in that position. from my understanding of the original Messianic literature what Messiah means differs from your understanding from the evolved Christian literature).

The word word is referred to as Jesus who is God.I was referring to the written word.The Bible.

The bible says that you cannot understand God

again, God reveals himself
either by natural revelation or divine revelation.

This is inherently false, our race lived for thousands of years (at least) without the bible, Disciples of Nazarath went for hundreds of years with multiple texts before Christianity stablized into the major forms and agreed upon a New Testament. The way you would have it all those souls would be damned at least, and all would have lived without any knowledge of the divine at the worst.

The way I would have it? You have no clue what the Bible says about people who have never heard the word of God past, present and future do you?

Yes Jesus is the topic which is why Ive tried to keep my discussion on spirituality to a minimal as should be clear I dont hold truck with it. However there are stories of Jesus not just within the New Testament, but also in additional scriptures both "true and false" around the world from "his time", also in stories of the faithful, and in the actions of those who have been touched by his true disciples.

You say this and show me no proof.

I do wander though, if you accept Jesus as God, why does it matter for someone to come to a relationship with Jesus, isnt it better to go for a relationship with the creator and then attempt to live your life in accordance with his wishes (which should be to attempt to live a life akin to Jesus minus the being murdered part).[/quote

Your relationship should be with God. Jesus is God.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

reply to post by badmedia

I admit that does surprise me. From your various postings on this site I assumed you had read much further than simply the KJV, the level of insight you have shown in places is all the more impressive given that.

And at that you could even go as far as to say only the Gospels and some proverbs. Absolute authority to say the least.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I pretty much live by this.

Matthew 10

16Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

17But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;

18And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.

19But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.

20For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Yes Olive Oil, it is clear that you feel the God HAD to leave us a material object to teach us about Thee. Others are here trying to show you that Thee's works are too great for any book as an entire truth to be told to us poor lost humans.

Do you actually believe that I believe that God left us a material object to teach us about himself? God revealed himself to these people to write. They were inspired by God.Their words are tried, tested, and true.

Do you not think that a woman Indian who was taught about the Great Spirit cant be close to God?
In her own sense yes. According to Yahweh, no.

Do you not think that a monk who lives life in silence and reverence cant be close to God?
Again , in his own sense yes.

Yes this thread is titled about meeting our destiny with Jesus....as if we are all going to be condemned for NOT KNOWING something WE CANT KNOW.

If you read the Bible you would know.

This is a fear tactic....and this brings people to search God for the wrongs reasons. They might find a hope in the light of it all....but they will only get so far and their image of God will have Earthly attributes, if one is seeking with still many attachments to this flesh body and this flesh world, they will only see what they are ready for. Usually this is a God image that is jealous, prideful, quick to anger....similar to how humans act under pressure or when they arent getting their way. Why would we need to work on bettering ourselves from such ways

sounds like your a little prejudgemental.

Yes I and Badmedia have both lowered our natures around you....we should have worked harder to keep our spiritual natures in check. It is not often at all you will catch either one of us using descriptive words that belittles anothers path in a demeaning way.

I see your point. When one is confronted with truth opposing ones beliefs anger does occur..

and mabey I dont need to have conversations with you sense you seem to tempt this carnal behavior within me.
Don't let the door hit you in the butt.

You say that you felt your faith was assaulted when others came in and shared their faith here on this thread. Well I feel assaulted when other humans try to keep taking away my spiritual birth right to seek God for myself.
I see why that other poster said you are selfish.

...but Thee has a purpose in these things that we see as 'evil' and 'wrong' and God actually is waiting for us....not us waiting on God.

Are you seeking God or is God seeking you? Which one is it?

I cant go on, your making me dizzy on how YOU feel God is.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

I pretty much live by this.

Matthew 10

16Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

17But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;

18And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.

19But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.

20For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

You do realize that Jesus is speaking to his Disciples who were Jews and not you, right?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I have never said God is seeking me...God knows me, as well as you...it is us that must do the seeking friend.

I know you would love to see the door not hit me on the way out....and as much as I know a temptation when I see it...I also have gained much more strength to stay kind sense reading your last posts. I believe I will have no trouble not allowing my nature to lower again due to your own ways....for it is sad to see someone so bitter towards another. I feel sorry for you and I think you are actually the first person here at ATS that I feel a strong urge to pray for.

Its funny, where we think we find darkness....we find a light within it.

I thank you for you have reminded me how sure footed my path really is.

I know you cant believe that I read the Bible...but it is the only book I have read so many times that I have lost count. Strange that so many people can read and study the bible but many many different takes on what it means.

As a child, I knew, the confussion of adults discussing the Bible and what it meant....showed that this was not a Holy work. Doesnt mean Holy things cant be found within....but I am selfish today in the mindset of very very very thankful to be me today. You reminded me it is ok to celebrate this!

Blessings to you and yours
LV

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I have never said God is seeking me...God knows me, as well as you...it is us that must do the seeking friend.
And where do you suggest one seeks, with in themselves? in ones own imagination?

I know you would love to see the door not hit me on the way out....and as much as I know a temptation when I see it...I also have gained much more strength to stay kind sense reading your last posts. I believe I will have no trouble not allowing my nature to lower again due to your own ways....for it is sad to see someone so bitter towards another. I feel sorry for you and I think you are actually the first person here at ATS that I feel a strong urge to pray for.

Lol...As much as you think I am against you and bitter towards you, I am not.however ,You have no respect for the Bible and you have no need for it and it shows.You have taken the God of the Bible and rejected him.It is I who feels sorry for you, And will pray that you can see beyond your own ego.

I know you cant believe that I read the Bible...but it is the only book I have read so many times that I have lost count. Strange that so many people can read and study the bible but many many different takes on what it means.

And your knowledge shows.

.but I am selfish today in the mindset of very very very thankful to be me today. You reminded me it is ok to celebrate this!

Right out of the horses mouth. Good luck with that.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join