It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Date With Destiny: Meeting the Real Jesus

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
[You also seem to not understand that laws are created by man]

They were created FOR MAN by God.(The Ten Commandments)
And of course man added to them which is why we have many laws now (no matter what we are doing we MAY in our day and age be breaking a law that man wrote ) .

And I agree (which I have said before)
If you love the Lord God with all your heart and soul and love your neighbor as you do yourself (putting your self in their shoes and doing unto them what you would like done unto you ).then you will KEEP ALL THE LAWS >
Because the laws (commandments) are all based on the first two.

If you love God you will for sure love your neighbor ..if you love God and your neighbor you wont steal from them ,you wont covet their stuff,you wont want to kill them etc.You will do unto them as you want done unto you .
I also agree that we shouldnt obey the law because we are scared of what may happen ....but because we LOVE GOD and our NEIGHBORS too much to do any of them to them .*steal cheat lie etc .

Ok yall I am off in the morning (for sure this time) for a week .
Have a great holiday and I will see ya all then.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
[What makes you so sure to place your faith in them, banking your very soul on what they say? ]

LV the same way you bank your soul on your dreams and what your visitors told to you in your experiences with them.

I have dreams as well (they are a little different than yours)
And I learned alot from my dreams (and I dont think that every single dream is from the Lord nor are they all spiritually significant,not all of them are symbolic in meaning either .)Some are emotionally brought on some are my own creative thinking .But alot of them I know without a doubt (as you think yours meant something)are from the Lord and I do my best to see the symbolism in them and sometimes by dreams are very cut and dry (nothing to have to figure out) And come true EXACTLY as I dreamed it .(this happens alot before I meet new people I dream things about them so that when I meet them I know their deep secrets ).

And I have been visited by two men that I understood as being angels.They looked like Moses would have looked (or at least in my mind).
And they were discussing the bible with me one night (they woke me up out of a sound sleep when they sat on my bed ) .
I went to bed reading the bible and came across some scripture I really didnt get and they woke me up and explained it to me .It seemed like it lasted for all night but was only about thirty minutes that they just talked and I listened and even asked them questions about the bible .Then they left.

Scripture says that there are dreams that are not from him.
(we must use discernment for dreams too)
Ecc 5:7 For in the multitude of dreams and many words [there are] also [divers] vanities: but fear thou God.
Jer 23:27 Which think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbour, as their fathers have forgotten my name for Baal.
Jer 23:32 Behold, I [am] against them that prophesy false dreams, saith the LORD, and do tell them, and cause my people to err by their lies, and by their lightness; yet I sent them not, nor commanded them: therefore they shall not profit this people at all, saith the LORD.
Jer 29:8 For thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Let not your prophets and your diviners, that [be] in the midst of you, deceive you, neither hearken to your dreams which ye cause to be dreamed.

So I question my own dreams because of this and for sure some of them are questionable (as far as just what they do mean or dont mean)
Usually I will have a second dream similar to the first that explains everything even better if I dont understand the dreams.(alot of dreams to this day I dont understand but in my life I noticed years later one of my dreams will happen and at that time it is bruoght back to my remembrance and I am told ..see that dream is happening now see it for what it is .)

Anyway ..back to your question.I have read many books (Many Ancient texts that are not Christian too) .So I did not just grab the bible and say this is it and the rest are bs .I actually did some of my own homework (I was not really churched as most are ) And the bible reasonates with me (as you keep saying that things reasonate with you ) .And it has been a guide for me my whole life and even if it wasnt the word of God (which I think it is ) then I would still read it with delight and with awe and still be amazed at what is written in it .

How can anyone read the NT especially and not see how beautifully written it is and how so much of the advice is very good advice and if everyone read it and lived by it this world would not be in the big mess its in and no one would be selfish or haughty or try to rule over others to the point of slavery etc .

As far as people ruleing over us Badmedia ..people can only rule over someone who allows them to rule over them.
The Church peoples and the Governments are the last peoples I allow to rule over me (so please stop saying they rule over all of us like mindless drones) .I saw the Church for what it really was years ago (like 15 years ago) and I saw the Governments for what they were back in about 2001.(maybe even before that ).And they sure as heck dont get to rule over me (even though I do keep the laws of the land as best as possible just because some of them will get me in jail if I do not obey them.) But when their laws (and rules of Church) are something deep in my heart I know isnt right ..I will NOT OBEY THEM ..Nor will I FOLLOW THEM>
If you allow the rulers to rule over you then your the one who made yourself a slave to them to begin with .Its not Pauls fault and its not even the Rulers fault ..It becomes the peoples fault for allowing them so much rulership over them.And the only reason people allow it is because they dont want to do anything (they are lazy) .
They cant come out from the TV long enough,they cant get off work enough (since the love of money means more to them than anything else).

Israel became a slave to the Egyptians because they chose that *(they were fed well ,they had a home they had jobs in the fields etc ).They actually wanted to go back once they were led out because of comfort reasons.
And of course Pharoh abused it as will all who recieved that much power from the people .(We are in that same place once again).

[edit on 21-12-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

Make sense?

Yes, however...

I consider myself enlightened but I am a straddler of the "matrix", if you will. I will not continue my journey towards ultimate truth because of two things: One, my ego does not want to leave this "matrix" because it has strived within this system. Two, I take big risks with this knowledge I have but I do so because I know I have an advantage in this "matrix".

I've always been a rebel within my own success but didn't understand why until I got to college. There are certain things I need to do before I can start the ultimate journey.

Anyway, I think I went off on a tangent. You are going to confuse people when you talk about these natural universal commandments. Ordinary people follow laws because they are told to and it doesn't matter who made said laws. Some people think all laws(man made) are to be followed without question. You cannot teach these dreadful people that man made laws are irrelevant.

I don't know BM, I just say let the confused remain confused. I will never be an enslaver or a "matrix keeper", but I just don't have the patience right now to deal with these people.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Hmmm - I had OBEs as a child and I sort of absorb information - but I have never received messages in dreams.

As a young child I wanted to return to the spirit world. In one of my astral experience a tall man in a long white robe prevented me from doing so.

I still walk between two worlds.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
reply to post by truthtothemasses

Make sense?

Perfectly understood.

LOL
- Even if it did wind around a bit.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
There are some really interesting things being discussed in this thread and though I don't agree with any one persons, personal ideology, I do have a new found appreciation for what some of you believe and why.

I'll be the first to admit, that the things I present on these boards are sort of out there in left field, but like Jesus told Nicodemus, 'we speak of what we know and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people don't accept our testimony."

I don't understand how LeoVirgo can pour her heart and soul out in a post, and tell of that wonderful dream of the scarab shell and then the other one, and have someone tell her, 'maybe it's just a dream." She is in her own way testifying, to why she believes as she does. A lot of people believe in reincarnation. A lot of people who have NDE's come back with stories of how they've been made aware of past lives, so it can't be dismissed so easily. Right or wrong it's no big deal, how or why she feels this way. What I do find interesting is that no matter what she says she would come back here and do it all again. Here is where I find such a diverse ideology, when I compare her beliefs to mine. If reincarnation is the deal, at this point in my life, I don't want to come back. My personal tribulation has been off the charts, since I was a small child. And like a bad roller coaster ride, I don't want to get on again, and will do anything not to come back. But still, I try to keep my mind open enough, that my feelings are subject to change at anytime. When it comes to God, I will keep an open mind.

Joel taught and Peter repeated, that in the last days God's Spirit would be poured out on all flesh. Men and women alike will dream dreams, and have visions. I always try to be optomistic, coming from a strong Christian point of view, and knowing the vast majority of Christians preach so much doom & gloom, but I've been getting dreams and visions, and I'm starting to think something is really up and uh.... the world as we know it is running out of time. I think most of the dreams and visions are more personal revelation because the promise is that everyone will eventually be taught by God himself.

Many of the people participating in this thread speak of the Holy Spirit being the teacher, that is teaching them certain things. For me the teacher is the resurrected Jesus, living inside me, as the Son of Man. The Holy Spirit is the mechanism (for a lack of a better word) of how this comes to be. If it is Jesus that lives inside me, there is a specific way that it happens, so that no one is deceived. Many times in the NT, we hear the phrases "let the reader understand" or "anyone with two good ears better listen." These are like prompts. A lot of people tend to lose sight of the fact, that Jesus is very Jewish, which means the manner in how he taught has a definate base. The Jews teach that there are four levels to understanding the scriptures. Off the top of my head, they are Pshat, Remez, Drash, and Sod. Interpreted, that is literal, hint, allegorical & secret/mystery. With that said, sometimes I will experience something and have to fall back on the word to understand what just happened.....

That is how I know the word is divinely inspired. The people that put all these stories into the Bible, all have one thing in common - they were anointed and God's spirit lived/lives inside them. One of the texts, that wasn't allowed into the Holy scriptures was the Gospel of Philip. Philip claimed that Jesus did everything in a mystery and that is in no way off the mark of what Jesus said in the Gospel of John, that everything he was taught from God he has made known to us. Just the parables themselves are considered to be secret sayings/riddles from the foundation of the world, now uttered.

Jesus is the spirit of prophecy and he lives inside a person and teaches them. This thread is about our date with destiny and meeting the real Jesus but that doesn't have to happen after death - it can and should happen while we are alive, just like it did to the prophets of long ago. The promise is that he will manifest himself to us.

But how? All the answers are contained within the Bible but most people fail to comprehend what they are reading and regular/modern Christianity doesn't teach how we are supposed to interpret these scriptures at four different levels. Do you guys realize that this is why secret socities have been imbedded into society, throughout time?

Jesus taught that scripture can't be broke, that he is the Messiah and he will manifest. Unless we are talking about the second coming, all implications are this would be a secret visit - like say - a thief in the night. I'm pretty sure he said something to the effect of 'if you don't wake up, he'll come like a thief in the night and you won't know what hour he will come.' That's a secret coming. The second coming no one knows the day or hour.

If scripture can't be broken, then before Jesus manifests, we will have to meet Elijah and the forerunner, John.

Now we're getting into my experiences and they are scary. But this too is/was prophesied. Both mysteries concerning Elijah and John are INTENDED to turn the hearts of children to their fathers and the hearts of fathers to their children. Not all things are scary, some are really sweet, loving and tender.

If anyone is interested, I wouldn't mind talking about the mystery of Elijah, or the other things I've been taught but I am not prepared to talk about John. I will but I'm just not ready to.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by Myrtales Instinct]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by truthtothemasses

Think of it as an opportunity.

If you give a man $5 to buy some lunch, some might say that man owes you for doing so. But really you should thank them, because they gave you the opportunity to do something good/right.

I think of it as an opportunity to try and help someone. If everyone agreed with me, then I would just find somewhere else to post etc.

Can't do good things without the opportunity, and how many opportunities can a person pass up while at the same time asking for them?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

I'd like to hear about what you think of John. He is my favorite writer in the bible, the NT especially.

Maybe this can get you started.

Matthew 21

25The baptism of John, whence was it? from heaven, or of men? And they reasoned with themselves, saying, If we shall say, From heaven; he will say unto us, Why did ye not then believe him?

26But if we shall say, Of men; we fear the people; for all hold John as a prophet.

27And they answered Jesus, and said, We cannot tell. And he said unto them, Neither tell I you by what authority I do these things.

28But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard.

29He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went.

30And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not.

31Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.

32For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen it, repented not afterward, that ye might believe him.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

What I dont understand is what makes you all so sure you can come back at all ?No one knows for sure if this is the only time we will be here or not and no one knows for sure of what is beyond this ....And why do you think it is your choice or not to come back (if it was true?)
I personally would like to get it right this time and not have to come back at all if reincarnation was true .
Another thing if people thought they had many lifes ..many people would take advantage of that and just live as they please ,messing up all they want because they know they have many more times to get it right .lots of people abuse and use everything and take advantage of everything.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The thing I don't understand is that everyone here says that they are taught by the Holy Spirit, and if this is true they would believe the same things that the Holy Spirit taught the early disciples. This is how I know Bad, and Leo are false.

Merry Christmas everyone

[edit on 21-12-2009 by oliveoil]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
The thing I don't understand is that everyone here says that they are taught by the Holy Spirit, and if this is true they would believe the same things that the Holy Spirit taught the early disciples. This is how I know Bad, and Leo are false.

Merry Christmas everyone

What? Are you going to dictate who/what is Holy Spirit - - and only your interpretation matters?

[edit on 21-12-2009 by Annee]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Merry Christmas everyone

What? Are you going to dictate who/what is Holy Spirit - - and only your interpretation matters?

[edit on 21-12-2009 by Annee]

No, however there is only one Holy Spirit. And what Bad and Leo are saying conflict to what is said in the Bible according to the Holy Spirit and the disciples.They are Cherry picking to suit there own ideological views and not that of the Bible.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

No, however there is only one Holy Spirit. And what Bad and Leo are saying conflict to what is said in the Bible according to the Holy Spirit and the disciples.They are Cherry picking to suit there own ideological views and not that of the Bible.

Yeah well - I don't agree there is only one holy spirit or how you choose to interpret it.

It is all about interpretation. You've CHOSEN to take the hardline traditional route. Which in my opinion is man-made.

I agree with Bad and LV interpretations.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Yeah well - I don't agree there is only one holy spirit or how you choose to interpret it.

It is all about interpretation. You've CHOSEN to take the hardline traditional route. Which in my opinion is man-made.

I agree with Bad and LV interpretations.

That's fine, and everyone has an opinion. And taking a hard line traditional route has nothing to do with it. If you are going to quote the Bible at least keep all the words being said in context.Some thing Bad is not doing.He is taking what the Bible says and is making it fit his view and Its not even a Orthodox one at that.

Yeah well - I don't agree there is only one holy spirit or how you choose to interpret it

The Holy Spirit is God and there is only one way to interpret it according to the Bible.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Merry Christmas everyone

Didnt the Holy Spirit originally preach a certain message to one group of people (the Jews via the Ark) only to go on a preach what is essentially a different (some would argue evolved) message through Jesus and supposedly by your word his disciples as well ?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by gYvMessanger

Merry Christmas everyone

Didnt the Holy Spirit originally preach a certain message to one group of people (the Jews via the Ark) only to go on a preach what is essentially a different (some would argue evolved) message through Jesus and supposedly by your word his disciples as well ?

If your underlining point is that the Holy Spirit has had progressive messages though out the bible you are correct. However what the disciples received though the Holy Spirit is always and never changing.Bad Media is discrediting these early disciples as liars and false and anti Christs. Go figure

One thing is true. God never reveals every thing at once.
If one learns all the covenants one would realize this. And I doubt he is revealing anything new to Bad Media.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Yes to an extent but the Jews would have said the same thing, and yet the Christians will say they can pretty much ignore Leviticus. I dont want to get into the arguements about why that is or isnt the correct thing to do, I'm merely pointing out that it isnt as simple as the interpretation of the word being infalliable no matter who the author is.

Also I dont think he is calling ALL of the early disciples liars, but it is not my place to speak for BM he can do that himself. I would say that it is dangerous to place your faith unswerivingy in man, that is something you should only do with the Lord I believe. If a mans actions are just then they will stand up under the light, following any man blindly is asking for trouble.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by gYvMessanger]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gYvMessanger

would say that it is dangerous to place your faith unswerivingy in man, that is something you should only do with the Lord I believe.

This is true however, God wants us to know him and the only way we can do this is by learning the scriptures. True it was written by men but inspired by God and it does not err.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Simply,

Who in their right mind, if they knew they would have to reap what they have sown, would live life carelessly, only to come back to lay in the bed they had made.

If we KNEW that if we killed by a sword...that we would have to die by a sword...who would then take no thought in killing with that sword.

I dont worry 'IF' I can come back or not...but I know that if I could, I would, for the will of God.

Mabey my understandings are still growing, mabey these thoughts will change. But I believe with all my heart, my mother has seen a past life of herself, living in the times of Jesus, inside Pilots home.

I do know that before God....I know nothing, I am like a child unto God, keeping a open mind to all things. Each persons understandings are not going to be identical...for each persons feelings, thoughts, and experiences on their path to God....are very different. We can share things with eachother, but in the end, our paths are very personal.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

Greetings oliveoil:

I happen to believe one can [find] God in other ways and not ONLY through the Bible. God is found, if one is humble enough to see, all throughout 'nature'.

I sometimes feel my closest to the Lord when I am outside and hear the wind whisper in my ear "I am here" and watch the clouds dance above and hear the birds sing. The beauty all around me SHOWS me God.

I go for a walk [in my wheelchair] and I can worship sitting in a garden and know I am in the presence of the Father. I can't find that experience in a book. But, nevertheless it is REAL and he gives me so much wisdom during those times.

Shalom,
Grandma

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join