It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

An ancient evil lies dormant within Deepholm, the domain of earth in the Elemental Plane.

Hidden away in a secluded sanctuary, the corrupted Dragon Aspect Deathwing has waited, recovering from the wounds of his last battle against Azeroth and biding his time until he can reforge the world in molten fire.

Soon, Deathwing the Destroyer will return to Azeroth, and his eruption from Deepholm will sunder the world, leaving a festering wound across the continents. As the Horde and Alliance race to the epicenter of the cataclysm, the kingdoms of Azeroth will witness seismic shifts in power, the kindling of a war of the elements, and the emergence of unlikely heroes who will rise up to protect their scarred and broken world from utter devastation.

SRC: www.worldofwarcraft.com...

Please also take the time to watch the first minute or so of the trailer found here
www.worldofwarcraft.com...

I have played this game for 2 years now.
While playing, I have noticed that some of the game lore is taken from the past. One example is how they name serpent like creature Nagas. In real life, the Naga are a group of serpent deities in Hindu and Buddhist mythology.

One should also take note of the following picture:

Notice the use of the number 6 and you can't miss the all seeing eye at the top.

I don't believe in coincidence, nothing is random and everything happens for a reason. (I only say this based on what I have experienced)

With that in mind...

The virtual world of warcraft is going to undergo a cataclysmic event caused by a dragon. As we all know, nothing is what is is and everything (at least in Freemasonry) is symbolic.

Could the dragon be a reference to the return or second coming of (VARIABLE) in real life? (Annunaki, Nibiru, Jesus)

I think so.

Perhaps there is more to this. Anyone have any ideas? Or am I just losing my mind?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
nah - they're just looking for an entertaining storyline to keep people's interest.

I played Everquest oh so long ago and the original tale was so blatantly ripped from Lord of the Rings, it's a wonder they didn't get their pants sued off (then they changed things to incorporate aliens and #. Made it kind of stupid)

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Lol there are a lot of things in wow i noticed
Such as element 115 in grizzly hills

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
I played Everquest oh so long ago and the original tale was so blatantly ripped from Lord of the Rings, it's a wonder they didn't get their pants sued off (then they changed things to incorporate aliens and #. Made it kind of stupid)

Tolkien was a Roman Catholic Christian and had a deep love of Northern mythology and an interest in magic. The elves and dwarves of Lord of the Rings are creatures out of northern mythology.

In the west we usually define myth as fiction or half-truths.

However, 'myth' does not mean it is not real...
...it is more correctly defined as traditional, typically ancient stories dealing with supernatural beings, ancestors, or heroes that serves as fundamental types in the worldview of a people, as by explaining aspects of the natural world or delineating the psychology, customs, or ideals of society.

The plots and characters may be more real than you might think.

[edit on 7/12/09 by troubleshooter]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

Originally posted by TXRabbit

Tolkien was a Roman Catholic Christian and had a deep love of Northern mythology and an interest in magic. The elves and dwarves of Lord of the Rings are creatures out of northern mythology.

In the west we usually define myth as fiction or half-truths.

However, 'myth' does not mean it is not real...
...it is more correctly defined as traditional, typically ancient stories dealing with supernatural beings, ancestors, or heroes that serves as fundamental types in the worldview of a people, as by explaining aspects of the natural world or delineating the psychology, customs, or ideals of society.

The plots and characters may be more real than you might think.

sorry but sometimes myth does mean they were real, if you ask me i do believe the greek myths were real and they weren't stories at all.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
world of warcraft kills your social life. plus whenver you mention it to new people you get a funny look...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

This album literally sounds as if it were created in the Middle Earth of Tolkiens world. It gives one the feeling of being in a lower world. One of the strangest albums I have ever heard.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by RRokkyy]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Davidius

Blizzard puts all these in to keep people entertained i mean look at the bankers in Stormwind

Olivia Newton John (see what i did there?)

or

Haris Pilton

or

Rituals of the New Moon (girls on ATS would get that reference)

it's just a cultural reference and in Cataclysms terms they want to bring back the black dragonflights founder Deathwing and reshape Azeroth it's just entertainment. In business terms they are threatened by Star Wars : The Old Republic and want a expansion quickly due to the numbers leaving WoW.

No conspiracy here, if you start thinking that get outside more

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I love world of warcrack, been playing for years, and yes I love the elite name play they do, it all about keeping you hooked and making money. After all isn’t that the name of the game in America or any were around the globe. Make money. Lol just relax and enjoy, or don’t play.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Another little fun one is thottbot.com... this one... Have in mind that this "spell" is from The Burning Crusade which is around 2 years old.

Funny how they have "swine flu" in the game ehhh!!!

Best regards

Loke.:.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Davidius

Ask yourself these questions:

How would blizzard have this intel?
What would be the purpose of releasing "clues" this way?

My vote is that too much computer time is turning the brain to goo (wow and ats is a "lethal" combo)

Take a break! (This is from personal exp)

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Well, I haven't logged into ATS for months, though I lurk daily. Anyway, since
WoW is near and dear to my heart, I felt compelled to chime in. I don't think your losing your mind, just drawing imaginary lines to create correlation. I suppose we can wait an see.

To a few of the other comments:

blizzard isn't very worried about Star Wars. They could all quit now and their employees' families could live off the interest of what they've banked for generations.

By default, WoW does not destroy one's social life. The game may very well be heavily populated by pre-pubescent boys, it really isn't hard to find a community within that community that reflects ones maturity and state of mind. It's just like a microcosm of the "real" world, where I find many, many people who seem to be...lacking. That doesn't prevent me from finding those who aren't.

That said, come find me on Bonechewer.

Elepheagle - H

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Hi Davidius, I wanted to mention that this is not the first alleged conspiracy involving the world of warcraft. A video on youtube claims if you listen closely to the music when you are a ghost you can hear "Give us your money" or something along those lines. I personally don't believe this or your claim, but I thought it was worth mentioning here.

It isn't coincidence that Warcraft has serpent characters named "Naga". The company, Blizzard, uses influence from many mythical legends of antiquity, and also from Tolkien and Dungeons and Dragons.

Along with Naga there are creatures known as Satyr, Centaur, Dryad, Succubus, and Imps. The "Titans" seemed to have been inspired by the Norse Gods mostly, despite the Greek legends of the "Titan" gods. There's likely to be more mythological references as the game keeps progressing. There's also a lot of references to movies, books, and music, but are usually nothing more serious to the story than gags.

Here is a very thorough list of pop-culture references from Warcraft games

The "all-seeing eye" and mystical/occult symbols are just more situations of the company taking influence from history.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
some of the designers for this game are kids right out of college in irvine. i dont think they only hire a group of people trying to secretly warn us for an endtime event.

like the above posters have replied, blizzard's artists use lord of the rings and mythology in their design. the biggest complaint i've heard about the game after 2 years of playing is how unoriginal it has been lately.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
this post failed, following post is valid.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by aeroslag]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by aeroslag
There is masonic Symbolism in WoW. Look at this Eye and pyramid symbol on my shield (its on other items too), and the main capital city of Dalaran, where most players congregate, is filled with this logo, on banners, on walls, and in glowing shapes like in this following screen shot i took;

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b6b5679b497d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Errr no, Warcraft Lore is very much steeped in Dragon Myths, which is in itself just an extension of a traditional mechanism from multiple fantasy rpg sources.

It's just a blag they are pulling to put out WoW v2 without losing their current playerbase.

The plot and game developers draw from real worl mythology as well as literature and places like this for inspiration for their games.

Paris Hilton is in Warcraft as well, does that herald some terrible portents of doom ? Alright it probably does.

The real conspiracy about MMO's is "game" design that basically forces you into a 30 hour + in game week every week if you want to "play properly".

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Elepheagle

WoW is also a favorite of mine, my son FINALLY talked me into starting it up about a year ago and after 20 hours of actual play time, i reached level 80 on my Mage...

I dont think that blizzard/activision gets any of their ideas from anything sinister in the "real world" i think they just have some very good talent on there, who are also very imaginative
I dont know how im going to feel about Caaclysm though, it is going to severely alter the landscape in several locations, even destroy some completely

If anyone is on Trollbane look me up, my name is Hâte

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Hey, just cause my undead Warlock steals souls and summons demons and eats corpses doesnt mean...ok...wait...nevermind.

But seriously, Blizzard is just continuing the lore and trying to keep players playing. Without these regular expansions, they'd lose that 15 million or so PDQ.

BTW, toons name is Temozarella on Arthas server. FOR HORDE!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
If you believe that World of Warcraft has any bearing on the outside world..... at all, than you my friend, ... need to get outside once every couple of weeks.

how or why thoughts like this would even occur is beyond me, .. then again not much on ATS really surprises me anymore.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join