It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Orlando McDonalds Manager To A Trans Applicant: "We Do Not Hire F**gots"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
You seemed to have missed the issue though.....the main problem in this situation is the managers phone call to the transgendered youth. Do you think it was necessary to have called him/her back and hurled abuse?

Sure, the managers behavior was out of line, and if he himself is an employee, he deserves to be terminated. If he is the owner/boss, well, let his business suffer.

In any case, I see no cause for litigation here either. Surprised this is even in the news. There was no harm done except to the businesses image. What the manager said was certainly rude, but hell, w e hear stuff we don't like to hear all the damn time, every day. Name calling is childish, but what is even more childish is when an adult has a hissy fit and starts to cry because someone called them a horrible name, ha. Whaaaaa... suck it up and move on!

I see no damage that would justify any kind of monitory reward in this case. If the manager is an employee, and his boss is upset with him, his firing will be sufficient to resolve this matter.

Man, will we see a day when we could be sued and forced to pay damages just because we looked at someone in a way that they felt offended by? Ha, crazy fragile crybaby society. Humans are nutz!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus

Man, will we see a day when we could be sued and forced to pay damages just because we looked at someone in a way that they felt offended by? Ha, crazy fragile crybaby society. Humans are nutz!

The only whining crybaby around here is you because it's not "Leave it to Beaver" anymore.

And in my business, crybabies need not apply. I'm not afraid of being sued, or called in by the IRS, or anyone else. I know how to be discreet when I tell the crybabies to get lost.

I still see the entrepreneurial spirit alive and well in the US of A and not really encumbered by too much regulation.

The encumbrances I encountered in my business was when Bush allowed his oil co. buddies raise gas to $4.00 and kick all the profit out of my small manufacturing LLC. I'm just now beginning to recover and hire again.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
you guy are crazy???
\
really sue over being called a faggot, when you are???

first
since the manager knew he was trans-gendered, I picture this as a hideous flaming faggot with boobs and a adams apple wearing alot of make-up...

if it was a trans-gender, truly trying to play the other role, then the manager should not have been aware...

personally, if I went to mcdonalds, and was served by a one of "these people" I would not go there again. I would go somewhere else..

the manager has a right to protect his business...

So he called the kid a faggot, I PROMISE YOU, this kid will hear it the rest of his life, he/she should be used to it...

I mean, would "no we cannot hire you because we are afraid you will scare kids and make their parents vomit and not ever come back" been a better response???

when you don't get a job as simple as micky d's, they DO NOT CALL YOU... Obviously this kid called and asked why he was being looked over, and got a straight answer...

Damn you all are sue happy...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by baphomet420
you guy are crazy???
\
really sue over being called a faggot, when you are???

first
since the manager knew he was trans-gendered, I picture this as a hideous flaming faggot with boobs and a adams apple wearing alot of make-up...

Bigot much are we? Or are we simply generalization based on an ignorant preconceived notion?

if it was a trans-gender, truly trying to play the other role, then the manager should not have been aware...

personally, if I went to mcdonalds, and was served by a one of "these people" I would not go there again. I would go somewhere else..

So, you you are bothered so much by somebody else's lifestyle that it would keep you from enjoying a meal? Wow, you are something else.

the manager has a right to protect his business...

So he called the kid a faggot, I PROMISE YOU, this kid will hear it the rest of his life, he/she should be used to it...

I mean, would "no we cannot hire you because we are afraid you will scare kids and make their parents vomit and not ever come back" been a better response???

Alright well, yes he will hear it all his life, cause of ignorant folk like you who can't see pas these trivial differences and treat people like human beings. And no that would not have been a better response, why all the negativity?

Who are you to judge this person? Without even knowing what they look
like or who they are.

When you don't get a job as simple as micky d's, they DO NOT CALL YOU... Obviously this kid called and asked why he was being looked over, and got a straight answer...

Damn you all are sue happy...

He didn't call, they left him a voicemail. In any case you seem as bigoted as the person who this kid dealt with. A sad world indeed.

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingoftheworld
reply to post by OzWeatherman

No, I happen to be a deist. I say that homosexuality is unnatural because two men are not meant to be together. I pull his conclusion from the fact that a man and a man cannot reproduce. That is all.

And that has what to do with a person's ability to do the job at hand?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Why would anyone even do something like that?

As far as Im concerned, you hire the best person for the job, regardless of race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.

Not only is it as far as you are concerned but as far as the law is concerned to. Discrimating against someone like this is against the law.

Being gay is not a legit, appropriate or legal reason to not hire someone.

Sad world we live in isn't it?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

if not wanting to eat a hamburger made by a he-she makes me a biggot, so be it...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by baphomet420

It most certainly does my friend. Well played.

DENY IGNORANCE.

It takes all kinds I guess. Good luck to you brother. You are going to need it.

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
This could all be a set up in order to win a lawsuit and rake in the money from McDonalds. This would mean the manager is in on it. Just a hunch.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pandy13b

No, I happen to be a deist. I say that homosexuality is unnatural because two men are not meant to be together. I pull his conclusion from the fact that a man and a man cannot reproduce. That is all.

Plenty of things that go on in heterosexual bedroom have absolutely nothing to do with procreation. Should those things also be frowned upon or are they acceptable simply because it is a man and a woman???
But that is certainly beside the point since being transgender is not about your sexual orientation and a transgender person can fall anywhere along the spectrum as far as their preferences are concerned.

With research it becomes pretty clear that this is more of a medical issue than a sexual one. These are men who like to dress up like drag queens. These are human beings who feel like they are in the wrong body and identify as the opposite gender despite the parts they are born with.

You see this alot with babies who are born as hermaphrodites and the parents choose which organ to keep and which sex to identify them as when babies. Often times it turns out that the wrong choice was made.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by gluetrap

Originally posted by Pandy13b

Plenty of things that go on in heterosexual bedroom have absolutely nothing to do with procreation. Should those things also be frowned upon or are they acceptable simply because it is a man and a woman???
But that is certainly beside the point since being transgender is not about your sexual orientation and a transgender person can fall anywhere along the spectrum as far as their preferences are concerned.

With research it becomes pretty clear that this is more of a medical issue than a sexual one. These are men who like to dress up like drag queens. These are human beings who feel like they are in the wrong body and identify as the opposite gender despite the parts they are born with.

You see this alot with babies who are born as hermaphrodites and the parents choose which organ to keep and which sex to identify them as when babies. Often times it turns out that the wrong choice was made.

When I said job at hand I meant working at McDonalds.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
As a small business owner, I want to be able to hire/fire or not hire anyone I want for any reason I deem appropriate. I pay the bills, taxes, workmans comp, rent, permit fees, salarys and everything else to keep my business running.

But I certainly have enough sense not to demean, berate or rag on a potential employee and open myself up for all kinds of grief. I hope Ms/Mr
Bellamy sues the McD, so that she won't have to wait on mooks.

I'm bettin the big dogs at that McDonalds franchise are now looking for another manager besides a counter person.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by whaaa]

I'm glad you have enough sense and tolerance not to act this way.
I HOPE they fire that guy (and maybe if there is reincarnation he will be one of those said "f****ts")

Tolerance is key

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I was actually replying to the post you were replying to, about it being unnatural..... I got my quoting tags mixed up.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
People can be uncomfortable around things/people that they dont understand.
If I went to a McDonalds and there was a tranny there that was "flaming" by that I mean, made it really obvious on purpose, rather than just dealing with it, being low key and not trying to over-advertise it, i would take my business else where.
You can label people bigots or whatever but its their opinions and if you dont want to patronize a business where youre not comfortable, then thats your right.

Personally, i dont blame this manager for not hiring someone that could jeopardize his business but he is an idiot, you just cant say those kinds of things to people.
There are a number of excuses he couldve given for not hiring this guy/girl/it and that was not the right one to give.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Why would anyone even do something like that?

As far as Im concerned, you hire the best person for the job, regardless of race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.

I generally agree, unless of course the individual was openly pushing or flaunting their seemingly disagreeable lifestyle all over the place.

I remember a guy in a SpecOps USN unit who I knew, and to be honest, he was definitely questionable in terms of sexuality. However, he never made a point of it, he never brought it up, and the guys completely judged him by how well he performed at his duties as a result of such (In other words, he truly excelled at his duties).

The same would be true for me if I was hiring. I do not agree with homosexuality, nor atheism, but as long as the person in question was the best fit for the job, and so long as they did not push their views onto others, then I can see myself hiring them. If they were agenda driven however, I would say no.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I dont appreciate the harshness, by any means. Now, was this a transvestite in full drag?
If it was, its still very mean, however, i'd tell him, look, come back tomorrow wearing regular clothes and no makeup and i'll take a look at your qualifications.

Come on, transvestites SHOCK people and exagerate their makeup etc.

I love gays. I have nothing against gays, some of my best friends have been gay, but if i understand correctly and this is a drag Queen, pffffft...
I wouldnt have taken to kind to it either.

Sorry!!! I speak the truth.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Exactly, thats the point i was trying to make. It seems that sometimes gays and trannys feel the over-whelming need to exaggerate their dress and looks to make it way beyond obvious what their orientation is. Like its their way of "sticking it to the man" pun intended

I dont know if thats the case with this one but it obviously made it noticeable enough that the manager was aware.

If they would just chill out, keep it professional and not feel the need to advertise it, then there would be less problems.

Im hetero but I dont feel the need to go overly-advertise it or try to "show off" my sexuality by dressing in S&M gear or tight disco shorts lol, etc...

I made references to this in a post a few months ago where some of us were wondering the same thing... why the feel the need to show their orientation.
I posted a link to a site that had pics of a Gay Parade that covered several city blocks in San Fran.
Their were numerous public displays of homosexual sex, right on the streets, in full view of anyone participating in the parade, including some children that were there and the cops did nothing.
If that had been a hetero parade, the cop vans would have been FULL of people being charged with sex-related crimes.
However, we all know that the parade would not have been allowed to begin with.
I forgot the name of the parade, its a yearly occurrence and the same things go on every year.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by gluetrap
I have never even been called back to be told I didn't get a job, I just never heard anything out of company again. Sometimes even after a second or third interview.

The only time Ive been called back is for the job I currently have. The first tinme I applied they told me I had just missed out but asked me to reapply the next year, which I did and ended up getting.

But I dont think any employer that I know of would call someone back and abuse them...its just idiotic

The same goes for when you have to fire someone. You should always do it with compassion and fairness, especially given that you may find yourself in such a position one day.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
So let me see if I understand this correctly. A person born
(no choice involved) transgender,
no doubt living a pocketed verbally tortured life, attempting to be autonomous applies for a job.
The manager doesnt hire him (choice) and actually calls (another choice) him a fa@@ot.
The person will now sue for? Slander? Defamation? Prejudice? and (hopefully) win judgement in the millions possibly?
Karma!
I hope he opens a KFC across the street with his cash.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by baphomet420
reply to post by tothetenthpower

if not wanting to eat a hamburger made by a he-she makes me a biggot, so be it...

It also makes you an ignornat and pathetic excuse for a human being

Congratulations

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join