It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H1N1 pandemic ending with a whimper, not a bang

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

H1N1 pandemic ending with a whimper, not a bang

www.montrealgazette.com

With H1N1 poised to enter history as the least deadly of four global flu pandemics, some experts are calling for an end to Canada's mass vaccination program.

Nature is already achieving what we would hope to achieve by vaccinating, they say.

H1N1's "reproductive number" — the number of people each infected person passes the virus to — was above one when the epidemic began, which led to the explosive initial increase in cases.

Now it is less than one, because many people have become immune, and each old case is making less than one new case. When the reproductive number f
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I was thinking about this the other day, "why arent i dead yet", but to not trivialize the subject with an argument based on that stupid thought i have this article. I find it amazing that what everyone was saying would happen did happen. H1N1 came out so strong that the media went all over it, everyday a new swirling logo with the Jaws theme playing reminded us how close we are to this flu ending it all.
Now i am not one to say "alls clear" and run out of the fox hole, but one cannot help but notice the decline in H1N1 as of late.
Which to me brings to the table a different notion. If we as the "en-educated sheeple" figured out as soon as this thing started that it was going to be a media field day, is it crazy to assume the governement knew this also?
I dont want to turn this into a discussion over whether or not our governments are trying to do something to us, but surely this media hype could have been anticipated by the government. And if the Hype is anticipated, or perpuated, than this preceding fall off of reporting could be anticipated or assumed in the very same way.
To me there could be a hollywood movie plot in here somewhere.
Find a relatively harmless flu (when compared to other flu's), make the public fear it and need us, force it down their throats daily until it gets to the point they are sick of it. Once they realize its not as big as the media made it out to be attention will dorp off no-one will care when you bring up H1N1, it is in this time of passiveness that the evil antagonist would pull off his move. That is of course if this were a hollywood plot.
I also see the trivialness in a thread that is critisizing the media Hype over H1N1 and than assuming when its over that it is nothing more than the Hype dying. But thats a little too Okumish, if you catch my drift (winky face).

www.montrealgazette.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I'd wait until at least April next before I made any comments that might come back to haunt me, if I were you.

What on earth makes you think it's over? Flu season has barely begun, and we're already above the curve in regards to both illness and deaths.

Downplaying legitimate dangers is worse than fear-mongering, as it is more deadly.

But you go ahead, stop taking simple precautions, hang out with sick folks too dedicated to stay home from work, and have fun when you catch it. Don't worry, though, this is mild flu, milder than normal, unless, of course, you catch the sort that melts your lungs. Ah well, that doesn't happen here, not to us, because....well I don't remember why not, but I'm sure there's a good reason.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Are you serious? I know TEN PEOPLE who had swine flu personaly and thousands more at my VA hospital who have had it. Not a damn one of them died. Also I might add, Very few of our doctors and nurses took the vaccine here at the VA... Which may or may not tell you something.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
that's not a bad idea; i definitely see it as possible. thinking outside the box at least. It's definitely needed nowadays

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Let's face it, H1N1 was a Big Pharma cash grab and big goverment was in on the scam too.

Should really tell you who you can and cannot trust these days.

Typical of TPTB.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I think you may be reaching a bit here, none of my comments could really come back to haunt me. In fact im pretty sure i said "im not one to say alls clear and run out of the fox hole" perhaps you didnt get my point in that. Im not saying this is a said and done deal, its not like H1N1 is suddenly gone. The media frenzy however is.
Also melt my lungs? And im engaging in fear mongering, seriously you wrote "melt my lungs" MELT!!! Theres a responsible detailing of facts.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Exactly, I dont think they created H1N1 but they sure did adhere to the ideology of "Never let a good crisis go to waste".
For me the most frantic it got was when they were syaing they would pass legislation forcing certain groups (nurses healthcare people etc.) to get the shot and those who do not can be forceiably qurantined and fined. Ohh also they would know if you were "immunized" by a bracelet or chip. I wonder who would profit from chips and bracelets?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Exactly, I dont think they created H1N1 but they sure did adhere to the ideology of "Never let a good crisis go to waste".
For me the most frantic it got was when they were syaing they would pass legislation forcing certain groups (nurses healthcare people etc.) to get the shot and those who do not can be forceiably qurantined and fined. Ohh also they would know if you were "immunized" by a bracelet or chip. I wonder who would profit from chips and bracelets?

I am still wondering if they created it. The flu virus manufacturers do try all types of manipulations while creating these vaccines. They need to try and anticipate possible mutations of current and past flu viruses. Who is to say a mistake was not made and this current mutation did not escape from or was mistakenly injected. We all remember the big fracking mistake in the Ukraine lab where a lab tech decided to do one last test and all of the test animals died. Who is to say.

Had to post a reply to this post since you mentioned the 'never let a crisis go to waste' line, it is part of my avatar.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

I'm not taking the vaccine either, but not because I think it's a bioweapon, just ineffective. And the fact remains, the flu season has just begun: it is not close to being over.

Siiiggghhh, people simply don't have any comception of scale, and think that immediate death is the sole measure of a pademic's deadliness. Whether or not x number of people die, or 3x isn't the issue or the problem: the true problem is how many are sick overall, how many are sick for an extended period, and how many never fully recover. We don't know those things yet.

What virtually everyone with whom I've discussed this with fails to grasp the mid-term and long-term economic consequences upon already fragile economies. We are (sort of) discussing healthcare in the US, how the nation can't afford to expand it mostly, but no one is discussing dealing with a potentially deadly and widespread second or third wave. How many will die,not from the flu itself, but from lack of timely treatment?

Besides the economic fallouts, there is this:

www.examiner.com...

As early as September 2009, a 19-year-old Balinese woman, Ni Wayan Siti, died of pneumonia brought on by H1N1 Swine Flu, indicative of an early flu mutation recognized only now in the news media. The remarkable complication was that the hospital suspected that the patient was also infected with H5N1 Bird Flu. Do not be lulled in the Pandemic lull. The stage for an H1N1/H5N1 amalgamation was established in September 2009, or even possibly earlier.

Influenza viruses not only mutate quickly and unpredictably, but they can swap genes,especially if a person or animal becomes infected with two strains at once. The new H1N1 strain is itself a mixture of various strains, genetic tests show. -NYDaily News This is the end of the beginning, as Winter settles in. From April 2009 until now, it has been the beginning, the time of the so-called "mild influenza." With Winter comes the true flu season, and it will be from December 2009 until about March 2010 that the ultimate significance of the 2009-2010 Great Pandemic can be judged, and ultimately compared to the 1918-1919 Great Pandemic. During the lull in the pandemic storm, this is the time to regroup, and redouble our vigilance in fighting influenza.

emphasis added.

www.examiner.com... ung-hemorrhaging-virus

The World Health Organization has reported that global deaths from the H1N1 virus have increased by 1000 in the past week. At the same time, the H1N1 virus is mutating, with each mutation causing different effects in patients, and combining in some cases. The national medical laboratory in Britain reported that the H1N1 vaccine would probably not be effective against the variant of the swine flu virus found in the Ukraine flu outbreak. This variant, in which the virus uses D225G as a receptor binding domain, causes bleeding in the lungs. Another H1N1 mutation results in the resistance to treatment with antiviral medication. Swine flu vaccine won't prevent infection with deadly H1N1 mutated virus The same mutation that results in acute respiratory damage, due to the location of the viral infection, has been called a "low reactor" to the vaccine. This means that the vaccine will not provide an immune response for that strain of virus adequate to prevent infection.

Just saying I wouldn't be so quick to say danger's past.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Agreed fully, question for you (in the non sarcastic, genuine question font).
Do you think if it were to be a created Flu strain that it was deliberatly released or accidentally?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Personally, I knew only of 4 people to be diagnosed with H1N1. All of them received the vaccine. I'm sure people who didn't receive the vaccine may have caught it, but I didn't know/hear of anyone in that category.

I didn't get the vaccine. I was fine. Hmmmm.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Great post, hard to argue with that argument. I think you are correct and astute to allude to the growing dangers going forward, not simply on the immediate human toll but on the toll it could take on a nation. Even if the flu doesnt kill you, it could lead to a number of other complications be it economical, health, or resources available, that could lead to some serious problems.
Your point kind of solidifes my point, your the first person i have heard mention these ramnifications of the H1N1. The media is gone, no longer reporting on this going forward and the issues that you eluded to in you post. Which i starred because it was well put.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

That is a total unknown. I do not think it was released on purpose, it is just that is so close to the original 1918 flu and they were trying to dig up that thing a few years ago. Cannot remember the location, for some reason Alberta Canada comes to mind.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Could it not be possible that there isn't a big conspiracy to this? Could it not be possible that *some* of the hype was in reaction to the busting Bush took over the Bird Flu scare? The blame (if I remember correctly) was pretty much laid on him for lack of vaccine should a major infection happen... and to his credit, he did start the ball rolling for manufacture and stockpile... Now, given Obama's presumed sensitivity to this backlash toward's Bush, could it not be possible that Obama wanted to assure the country that all was well on his watch? That the ball would not be dropped? Govt. paid Pharma. big dollars to roll out this vaccine... everybody wins?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Yeah sure has been a let down of a plague. The way the gov./media billed this up there should be bodys ten feet deep in the streets. Some bio scientist is gonna get fired over this lol, well better luck next time guys.
I think i had the flu last week it sucked but i would of felt like a real jack... if i got the supposed vaccine. Unless im missing something more people seem to die from falling in the shower then pig flu. Just my opinion

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28
reply to post by endisnighe

Agreed fully, question for you (in the non sarcastic, genuine question font).
Do you think if it were to be a created Flu strain that it was deliberatly released or accidentally?

H1N1 was created in a lab, it actually has a patent on it. The thread is here somewhere on ATS so I wont post links, go ahead and search for it if you don't believe. The biggest question is if it was created in a lab, how on earth was it released?

Pretty simple answer really for those willing to believe it.

Oh, and it was created in Winnipeg Manitoba at the bio-lab there. There was actually a case the RCMP kept hidden from public knowledge involving bio-terror. A lab tech from Winnipeg was found bringing H1N1 into Japan.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by FreeSpeaker]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I live in New Brunswick Canada and I didn't get the shot and haven't gotten sick yet. The Gov. is still telling us to get it. I don't know of anyone that got confirmed H1N1 flu in town. Two of my kids got something about a month ago and my oldest boys girlfriend had something but they stopped testing for it, so who knows. This was all before the vaccine was available. My girlfriend got the shot today because she is in healthcare. Her adult daughter did not take it and the nurse told my girlfriend "it's to bad she didn't because you can't get into the states unless you had it. Does anyone know if this is anywhere near accurate? Everyone I know that had a flu got better of their own accord. By the time the vaccine was available in Canada the H1N1 was on the decline. I think to get the shot now would be akin to shutting the barn door after the cows already got out.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I think "The Powers That Be" aborted their plans when we all found out what they were planning to do and made it widely public;

They probably got scared of being prosecuted; It wouldve been like another 9/11 all over again

I mean their plans got exposed so bad that even Jane Burgermeister was trying to sue "Baxter" for releasing H1N1;
Theres alot of incriminating evidence againts them;
Its all over the underground news

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Many posters like me told the story of how big pharma did it in 76 and how big pharma has got away with it again this time.

The gullibility of the masses is incredible, and that is not the end, now big pharma knows that they can sell snake oil anytime they want because people will line up to get it.

Still in my neck of the woods was never a pandemic and life went on as usual.

The swine flu has gone with the wind.

But rest assure that big pharma and the profiteers of the pandemic made their fair share.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by marg6043]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join