It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about old posts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
In our member profiles there is the ability to view our older posts, but this is limited to

Recent posts in last 180 days Of activity from AlienChaser (250 Max)

My question, is there any way to view ALL of my previous posts?

I am actually not looking for every single post I ever wrote, but I am trying to find a specific post which would have been written somewhere in 2008, but earlier than is available from the profile page.

This is not a big deal, but it is something I would like to find if possible. If not, the world will keep spinning, but so will my head as I rack my brain trying to think of something.

If anyone out there has any info on if or how I can view posts beyond the above quoted limitations, I'd appreciate it.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

I would try and figure out which thread it was in. I am not aware of any other way to see your total posts.

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
AlienCahser's Posts

I just used search, above and entered your name for "author" and got pages of replays. These should all be threads you authored but does not appear to be in any order.

You could also add a word from the post you are looking for along with your user name as author to narrow down the results.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kellter

Ahh, good thanks.

I should mention that I was wrong in my question and what I am looking for was in early 2009 not 2008.

I am not looking for a thread that I started, but a reply that I posted to a thread, it was so long ago that I have to search it out 'cause my mind isn't the steel trap it once was.

What you have posted is good, and may very well contain what I am looking for. I wouldn't have thought of that,

Thanks, I'll let you know if I find it.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Here's a rehash of my reply to an earlier thread posing the same question:

You can view all the threads you ever subscribed to (which happens automatically when you post) via the menu: member tools > ATS Account Settings > Manage Subscriptions.

Google of course has a record of all your posts, and also a tool to show it in a timeline - but the latter seems to have incomplete results. It shouldn't be a surprise that Google can show you all your previous posts, but the exact syntax for the search terms may be new.. So here it is for your username: AlienChaser's posts. It may show pages that are not actual threads, it's not a perfect search - but you should be able to find what you want

[edit on 7-12-2009 by scraze]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I second the using the search box Idea you just need a keyword to break it down... thanks by the way thinking about your question I went back and found my very first post here..

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
ok,

There is a lot more to go through, but judging by the amount of material, and the decreasing probability (I start with the threads I think most likely) I am giving up for today.

here are some more clues.

What I am looking for is a reply to a member who I believe has since been banned (for unrelated reasons)

I can remember one post that I replied to this same member as having the words

"college?? My mistake" (I believe this is an exact quote, but it may be something very similar)

This is not the specific reply I am looking for, but may help lead to finding what I'm after.

P.S. kellter How do I search for only posts that I authored?
and can I search for a post I authored with the above term of "college?? my mistake"?

P.S.S. Is there a way I can search or view only all of my replies to other members?

[edit on 12/7/2009 by AlienChaser]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
you might want to try clicking this link
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I narrowed it down to 7 for ya

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Seems like this search turns up with the one post you're looking for - the mobile version though. Here's a direct link to your post in the normal format: Gaza families eat grass as Israel locks border.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by scraze]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by scraze

Wow! I googled my ATS Handle like you suggested and I was pretty amazed to find out my posts here on ATS are being quoted on a wide variety of non-ATS sites around the world???

I had no idea I was so famous!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by scraze

Scraze gets the gold star.

I can track it down from here.

THANKS, and thanks to everyone who helped.

[edit on 12/7/2009 by AlienChaser]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienChaser

My question, is there any way to view ALL of my previous posts?

YES.

Go back to recent posts look at this thread.
Click the little green deal next to your name in the Author column.

EDIT TO ADD: That'll get you up to the last 300 threads you've posted.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by SLAYER69]

top topics

join