It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party movement threatened by internal rifts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Tea Party movement threatened by internal rifts

www.cnn.com

Washington (CNN) -- It emerged in anger and it threatens to split in anger.

One major group in the Tea Party movement -- named after the famous Boston Tea Party -- is set to host its first convention in February, with former Alaska governor and 2008 Republican vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin as its keynote speaker.

But there are fractures in the movement that threaten its future. And if history's any guide, such movements tend to flame out.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This is an interesting mainstream news piece on the Tea Party Movements and what it states are various factions vying for control that threatens to fracture the movement.

It stands to reason that the Powers that Be would want to get in on this early and insert itself into the movement and they certainly have appeared to have done that with Sarah Pallin set to be the Tea Party’s first Convention’s official speaker.

While it provides a good outlet for peaceful Americans who want to protest big government and the corrupt political system it certainly doesn’t accomplish much when key figures from the corrupt two party system start taking on a prominent role.

Such personalities will just end up laying the infrastructure to corrupt the selection process of candidates the same way the Democrats and Republicans do.

America desperately needs a third party but an Independent third party, and while figures like Pallin and Jeff Beck
might heighten the movements exposure and stature a grass root’s movement ultimately thrives and stays pure through grass root figures not well known high profile figures.

Does the Tea Party Movement risk loosing it’s ability to take on the Powers that Be by letting people tied to the Powers that Be get involved in it in a high profile way?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

And the movement is well funded. Action groups like FreedomWorks -- chaired by former House Majority Leader Dick Armey -- helped organize and fund its April 15 rally in Washington.

Other groups, including Americans for Prosperity, Tea Party Nation and Tea Party Patriots, are also vying for the helm of the movement, and it's creating what some are calling "competitive chaos."

Some Tea Partiers have voiced anger and concern over whether the powerful groups are "astroturfing'' what is supposed to be a grass-roots coalition -- the idea that the movement is being organized by old-fashioned GOP bigwigs to promote their agenda.

Donna Klink, of the Golden Triangle Tea Party-Texas, said in a post on the Tea Party Patriots Web site that the chaos needs to be addressed.

"We must craft a simple coalition message that we can all agree on. ... We should all remember the simple principles of 'Strength in Numbers' and 'United We Stand, Divided We Fall,' " she wrote.

The Astroturfing comment is a valid one. Grass roots should be grass roots. The Tea Party Movement could make a big impact as a truly independent party but it will have a much more limited effect if it’s just seen as an extension of the Republican Party or just an Anti-Democrat Party.

Of course the mainstream news media wouldn’t miss an opportunity to paint the Tea Party Movement as just an extension of Republican Politics or a racist type Anti-Democrat Party but with people like Sarah Pallin getting involved and a lot of it’s funding coming from entrenched Republican Interests it does seem like it is being set up to be painted in that light.

I hope the Tea Party will survive to be a truly independent party that could create some positive changes in America.

I fear its already well on it’s way to being corrupted by the Powers that Be which would only lead to change being more of the same old, same old.

I hope I am wrong but it’s not looking to good from where I sit!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The question is "How do you keep politicians OUT of a movement which is anti-politician?"

Once a major face is shown around it, it loses it's purity.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
The question is "How do you keep politicians OUT of a movement which is anti-politician?"

Once a major face is shown around it, it loses it's purity.

The same way Nancy Regan got kids off of drugs! Just say no!

The problem is though that people want to feel validated and to be heard and recognized so it's very appealing from a vanity standpoint when the big politicians do take an interest in one's grass roots movement.

It's working they are listening to me!

Sadly politicians talk they don't listen!

Thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
As soon as Palin signed on they were dead in the water. I can't believe Conservatives are propping her up as the Saviour....she is a joke and a quitter in my opinion.

The idea of a True independent party will only come to fruition if the current two are accepted by the masses as being one in the same....can't see that happening though.

Nice thread, S & F, and normally I think you're a Tool.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Somehow I'm not suprised. The tea party gathering that I covered with our news crew from our local cable access channel; there was no orginization, no speakers, no sound system, just a group of old white men, gathered in a city park, with a megaphone from radio shack that distorted the voices so you couldn't understand a thing and turned it to mush. It was loud though.
But they were very nice and gave the crew coffee and donuts.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
As soon as Palin signed on they were dead in the water. I can't believe Conservatives are propping her up as the Saviour....she is a joke and a quitter in my opinion.

The idea of a True independent party will only come to fruition if the current two are accepted by the masses as being one in the same....can't see that happening though.

Nice thread, S & F, and normally I think you're a Tool.

Palin is no joke I am sorry to say the is heavily tied in to the Powers that Be and they have a huge investment in her.

I think it might have something to do with Alaska and it's role with HARRP.

Though I must confess I am not precisely sure what the attraction is with Sarah. Other than next stop after Obama on the hoodwinking America train could be a woman.

I do believe at this point though with the entrenched corruption in Washington a trained chimpagnze could just as easily run the country.

I think Curious George proved that nicely.

Both parties do answer to the same Masters, and get their marching orders and talking points from the same Masters.

The only chance for a peaceful change is a new party that hasn't been infected by the entrenched elitist interests.

Wow! Me a tool? I really should rethink sharing my gift for gab for free. I must be leaving money on the table somewhere

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Somehow I'm not suprised. The tea party gathering that I covered with our news crew from our local cable access channel; there was no orginization, no speakers, no sound system, just a group of old white men, gathered in a city park, with a megaphone from radio shack that distorted the voices so you couldn't understand a thing and turned it to mush. It was loud though.
But they were very nice and gave the crew coffee and donuts.

Coffee and Donuts! That's always a bad sign, America runs on Dunkin! They so though themselves. So it's Dunkin Donuts that is behind the take over the Tea Party Movement! I should have known.

Ultimately though in a free market economy even a fledgling political party represents an opportunity to profit.

That attracts sponsors, who in exchange for some logistical support and funding start with a little advertising and eventually grows into Michael Jackson having his hair catch fire in a Pepsi Cola commercial.

What kind of donuts? I mean if there were fancy ones in the box of the .59 cent variety instead of just the .39 cent variety we really would be on to a big conspiracy here!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It is nearly past time for Americans to get motivated and move beyond partisan politics.

Corruption in government has reached its most destructive level ever, and if we "the people" remain divided then there is nothing we can do but watch as the controlling special interests, lobbyists, and corrupt agencies, branches, bureaucracies continue to destroy our nation and economy all while attempting to line their own pockets and those of their interests.

A pack of right and left, republican and democrat vampires doing everything they can to suck the last life's blood out of the US economy.

They don't even know what their agendas are anymore, all they do know is that they have to do as they are requested because it is in their interests to do so "politically"

The interests of the people have not even been on their radar for decades now, and it has all be done behind the curtain of partisan politics.

If it isn't stopped soon their may be no going back.

The new taxes and hidden taxes, laws and special powers along with massive bureaucracies that will result from pending legislation will more than take away freedom, it will make you all slaves to an ever growing government.

Take a stand together now, or please, shut the F' up, bend over and be prepared to be fully screwed for the rest of your lives.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

The new taxes and hidden taxes, laws and special powers along with massive bureaucracies that will result from pending legislation will more than take away freedom, it will make you all slaves to an ever growing government.

Or make some of us rebels against it. A true independent third party even better a popular 4th and even 5th party would go a long way on breaking up the entrenched interests that create a false two party coallition that is really just one party putting on an ellaborate and bitter show.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
What CNN and others don't get or refuse to admit is that most of the people who show up for the Tea Parties are just normal Americans who have no interest in creating a third party.

There may be some organizers who want that. There may be some citizens who want that, but my observation is from watching the coverage and talking to those who have attended these rallies is that the vast majority are demanding policy changes, not a new party.

So, the disintegration that CNN discusses might be real, but the dissatisfaction among voters is both very real and very strong.

In 2010, Republicans, Democrats and independents will converge on the polls to express their sentiments and when they do, party affiliation will be meaningless.

I have a very strong feeling that in 2010, America will get the change many voted for in 2008, only it won't be the change that Obama has in mind.

CNN, MSNBC, and the other "mainstream" news organizations simply will not report the truth on this matter and only fools expect them to do so.

[edit on 2009/12/7 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

CNN, MSNBC, and the other "mainstream" news organizations simply will not report the truth on this matter and only fools expect them to do so.

Truer words could not be spoken, the mainstream media is a true tool for manipulation. You can almost safely assume the opposite of what ever they report.

In reality the Tea Party Movement is probably going stronger than ever!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

In reality the Tea Party Movement is probably going stronger than ever!

Well if these guys have anything to say about the success of the TPM, than I expect it will flourish and prosper.

politics.theatlantic.com...

A grass roots movement? Not really on the national scale.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Why the **** would the tea party organizers even consider having Sarah Palin near their movement.

Epic FAIL!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
ProtoplasmicTraveler
The tea party represent the foot soldiers who realize there is something very wrong with this country and that neither the republicans or the democrats will fix it. (By the way ever notice how TPTB use the democrats to slide through the really horrible legislation like the Federal Reserve Act and ratifying WTO?)

The biggest problem is coming up with real honest good leaders that haven't been grabbed by one of the other parties. I think that is why you are seeing Sarah showing up. Unless some decent leaders start popping out of the wood work the movement is in for a rough ride. One has popped up in my state who I will support for Senate but I haven't seen much of anything else.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

The Democrats sure do come up with some real winners when it comes to destroying the Constitutional integrity of this nation.

The Republicans tend to destroy it with international agendas like wars, the democrats with domestic social engineering.

The big challenge is how to get underfunded cantidates real media exposure and that's very hard.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I consider myself a teaparty person as it was designed. I do see people using it, especially Republicans to support right wing rhetoric like safety and defense of the nation is important. Yay war! Kill them Terrorists! Type of rhetoric. I even now see Don't tread on me flags being flown on everything to do with supporting our troops in the war on terror, to at anti-democratic movements.

When we all realize all these symbols, beliefs systems, and programs do is divide us...I'll be over here waiting to talk about how to rebuild the new world around fairness for all.

new topics

top topics

join