It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remembering Pearl Harbor, Dec 7, 1941

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
I just hope that the same consideration is given to the hundreds of thousands that were vaporized just 4 1/2 years later by the United States.

I lost family on both sides (I'm Japanese and American) in that war, and as such remember both equally.

By all means I think you should do like I did here and create a memorial on the anniversary of that event which if memory serves was Monday, August 6, 1945 for Hiroshima, and Nagasaki on August 9. I would be delighted to make a respectful post and even offer up a S&F. But as I told die_another_day, only if its really a memorial and not a memorial littered with political nonsense. Please U2U! me when you launch that thread.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Fantastic tidbit of info there

[Edit] - To post my thanks again for all links relevant to this event. While this thread is to remember those that died, I do enjoy reading the info those of you have linked me to. Somewhere between the lines written in the classroom books and the text you have all given me is the truth no doubt. Perhaps when I have finished reading it all and reviewing my notes and have a more solid opinion we will all meet again in a thread debating the false flag theory. Thanks again to all.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by ch1ldofthe70s]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

"I fear that we have awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve," said Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto after launching the attack against Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941.

lol. If something sounds like blatant American propaganda, it usually is.

[edit on 8/12/09 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ch1ldofthe70s

Originally posted by vkey08
I just hope that the same consideration is given to the hundreds of thousands that were vaporized just 4 1/2 years later by the United States.

I lost family on both sides (I'm Japanese and American) in that war, and as such remember both equally.

By all means I think you should do like I did here and create a memorial on the anniversary of that event which if memory serves was Monday, August 6, 1945 for Hiroshima, and Nagasaki on August 9. I would be delighted to make a respectful post and even offer up a S&F. But as I told die_another_day, only if its really a memorial and not a memorial littered with political nonsense. Please U2U! me when you launch that thread.

I will do just that, and thank you
I will say that i agree with one other person that if there was a way to star for everyone that los ta life, that would be a great thing.

There should as you say be no politics in all of this, these people in Hawaii and in the two Japanese cities had no clue the hell that was unleashed by their leaders, they were, and I include the general US Service personnel in this statement, innocents that got caught in the middle of something much more sinister... Innocents that need to be remembered lest we allow it all to happen again.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Excellent!

Please remember to send me with a notice when you post your memorial.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Everybody's got a story so here's mine. My Uncle who is now deceased was born on December 7th. On December 7th 1941 he was he was stationed at Pearl Harbor in the US Navy aboard ship. At 8AM he had just gotten off his Watch and was on his way to celebrate his birthday ashore, he walks down the gangway to the pier, he stops for a moment to re-tie his shoe lace, looks up and sees the Japs first wave of aircraft coming in, the rest is all history.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boomer1941
Everybody's got a story so here's mine. My Uncle who is now deceased was born on December 7th. On December 7th 1941 he was he was stationed at Pearl Harbor in the US Navy aboard ship. At 8AM he had just gotten off his Watch and was on his way to celebrate his birthday ashore, he walks down the gangway to the pier, he stops for a moment to re-tie his shoe lace, looks up and sees the Japs first wave of aircraft coming in, the rest is all history.

I think that has to be the mother of all horrible birthdays!

Man 1 speaking to Man 2 - I got a bottle of whiskey for my birthday. What did you get?

Man 2 replies to Man 1 - I damn near got killed by a squadron of Japanese Zero pilots and bombers....

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ch1ldofthe70s

Thats one of the best things Ive ever head. If it was false flag its even more tragic!

I do believe it was that the American government let it happen because they did know about a Japanese sub there and they had been angering the Japanese.

But this is to remember the people! And they deserve respect!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch

Even Admiral Yamamoto commented something to the effect that. "All I fear we have done, is awakened a slumbering dragon"
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

His exact words translated:

"I fear that we have awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve," said Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto after launching the attack against Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941.

Japan was not the first and won't be the last to make that mistake. But it was Japan's worst decision of the century!

Encouraged by the easy victory at Pearl, Japan was encouraged to make several more major mistakes. Arguably their largest was sending 4 of their carriers into the battle for Midway the following June. The US sunk all 4 while Japan sunk only our Yorktown.

Most of the Japanese air force was on the bottom of the Pacific Ocean!

Their next great mistake was to assume that our Marines at Guadalcanal were fat, decadent, Americans that would run at the first Bonsai charge. Boy were they wrong, deadly wrong! Their first and finest 1000 troups became mincemeat, a 100% loss, while the Marines lost 17. The rest of the battle (for Henderson Field) went about the same.

Ooh rah!

[edit on 7/12/09 by plumranch]

God Bless America

Fine thread though, things like this should not be forgotten!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I would just like to add that at the time, England was shocked by this attack (check out press clippings for the time) and for the record, when America declared War on Japan, eventhough we were up our necks in it fighting the Nazi's in Europe ( and I guess one must say, not doing it too well at all...) - we did so at the same time.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join