It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remembering Pearl Harbor, Dec 7, 1941

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s

Originally posted by die_another_day
I really wanna say,

only 3k? compared to the tens of thousands that die daily due to atrocities in asia and europe?

[edit on 12/7/2009 by die_another_day]

And what does that have to do with the Sneak Attack on Pearl Harbor?

I doubt that very many that did live through that day have anything at all to do with whatever European/Asian "atrocities" that you speak of, so go create thread about it and quit whining in this guys thread.

On a side note, my son was born 16 years ago today
so its been a day of celebration for us over the last 16 years.

Yeh yeh, i understand your 1 american is worth 1 million brown people philosophy that my republican friends often use.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Even Admiral Yamamoto commented something to the effect that. "All I fear we have done, is awakened a slumbering dragon"
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

His exact words translated:

"I fear that we have awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve," said Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto after launching the attack against Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941.

Japan was not the first and won't be the last to make that mistake. But it was Japan's worst decision of the century!

Encouraged by the easy victory at Pearl, Japan was encouraged to make several more major mistakes. Arguably their largest was sending 4 of their carriers into the battle for Midway the following June. The US sunk all 4 while Japan sunk only our Yorktown.

Most of the Japanese air force was on the bottom of the Pacific Ocean!

Their next great mistake was to assume that our Marines at Guadalcanal were fat, decadent, Americans that would run at the first Bonsai charge. Boy were they wrong, deadly wrong! Their first and finest 1000 troups became mincemeat, a 100% loss, while the Marines lost 17. The rest of the battle (for Henderson Field) went about the same.

Ooh rah!

[edit on 7/12/09 by plumranch]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

As i said, if your THAT concerned about it, then create your own thread and start a discussion THERE.
You are accomplishing nothing for your "cause" in here and youre trying to put words in my mouth.
jeez, you dont even make a good troll.

Yea plum Guadalcanal was one of the first, ( i think it was the first) ground battles in the Pacific Theater and the Japanese really did have the sentiment that Americans were a cowardly, poorly trained military that would either run or surrender after the first shot was fired.
My Grandfather fought and was wounded on that island, having his spine shattered by shrapnel from an artillery round

I dont usually reference movies when talking about history but the Clint Eastwood movie Letters from Iwo Jima was, im told, a fairly accurate representation of the preparations and the mood of the Japanese Marines that were defending Iwo.
The common soldier also believed that they would quickly and effortlessly push the US back into the water but the Japanese officers new they were in for a rude awakening, courtesy of the US Marine Corpse.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It's important not to forget that day and to honour the dead and those who loved them by trying to understand how such a tragedy could occur.

A superficial knowledge of such events honours neither the past nor the present. Questions of foreknowledge and government whitewash are not out of bounds.

The major scholarly work which challenges the official narrative is Day of Deceit: The Truth About FDR and Pearl Harbor by Robert B. Stinnett

Others include: Infamy: pearl harbor and its aftermath by John Toland and The Pearl Harbor Myth: Rethinking the Unthinkable by George Victor.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
my grandfather had served from 1943-1945 i believe on a ship the japanese were boasting of sinking the u.s.s essex but in all reality they were still on target delivering their airplanes brutal war either way

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Wow, I am very glad this thread expanded. I'm glad that some people still appreciate our military and still remember that tragic day.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Star and flag for you, it never ceases to amaze me the sacrifices made by my grandfather and his generation. He was an Army Air Corps pilot and captain. My thoughts go back to them and I carry on the tradition by serving my country in the Army Intelligence Corps.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I feel terrible for completely forgetting that Pearl Harbor happened today.
Thanks to the OP, I was reminded before that day was over.

It really was a sad day for all that were lost, no matter what actually happened vs. what we are told. I can't imagine what they're families went through/are possibly still going through.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
Yeh yeh, i understand your 1 american is worth 1 million brown people philosophy that my republican friends often use.

C'mon die_another_day! Nobody here is implying that one life is worth more then another. This thread is for remembrance and honor of our fallen countrymen and women from Dec 7, 1941. If you want to start a thread honoring the fallen in Asia or Europe I will be happy to post there and even S & F you provided its truly a memorial and not more jaded political spew. U2U! me when you start that thread please.

[Edit] - It is now Dec 8, here where I am. I want to thank everyone who posted here. Thank you for remaining respectful. Thank you for all the great links, I will be going over them all over a few pots of coffee no doubt. Mostly, I want to thank you for simply remembering. See you around the boards.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by ch1ldofthe70s]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Nice thread, wish I had seen it earlier. It's good to know that people still remember that day. I was just showing my grandkids some pictures from Pearl Harbor over the weekend and explaining what happened to them. I think it's important for us to tell each new generation about it so that it will never be forgotten, and those that lost their lives, and fought will always be remembered. It's sad that when they came home from school and I asked them if their teachers talked about it at school today their answer was no. May we always honor those that lost their lives that terrible day.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Though the day is over, I just thought I should pay my dues.

God bless all those who died that day, and all those who have served and are serving in the armed forces right now. Brave men and women.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
whether it was a false flag or not (I kind of always felt it was), no one there deserved what happened to them and to forget the senseless massacre of so many lives would be a huge mistake.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Strange, isn't it? Not a word did I hear about all this all day. Not even at the VA hospital on Monday. I think it's just about an officially forgotten "Day that will live in infamy." I rate this as about the same rank as "The Rape of the Sabine Women". Something happened in the past. But painting the rape of some women will definitely trump paintings of Japanese planes attacking ships at Pearl Harbor. No doubt raping women ideas will last longer than Pearl Harbor.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Remember that day...oh yes, we remember, every 50 years you guys take the same story out of your hats
1. we've been attacked by hostiles forces
2. this attack was unprovoked
3. the crap is gonna hit the fan and the world is gonna change.

the first one being the fake bomb on the ship that sparkled the war between the US and Spain back in the end of the 19th Century.

the second one being Pearl Harbor, with a lot of precautions taken to have the flat roofs ( carriers ) patrolling north of P.H.

the last one being, you know, the major event of this decade, the NYC attacks.

each time your government will have sacrificed thousands of lives in order to adopt the good old retaliation policy. far, far beyond retaliation by the way.
Here's a link about Pearl Harbor.
whatreallyhappened.com...

I do not intend to disrespect the dead, but when history repeats itself so many times, the people of this planet is a bunch of ignorants. yes, you and I included for not taking action.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Gee, what a coincidence that the Copenhagen Treaty happens on that day?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Good man you are sir. I salute you, all of our vets who have laid it on
the line, and of course, our fallen. You are all the mortar of what makes a great nation.

There are those who do not appreciate you. They most likely havn't a clue.

To them I would say, I like you have no clue, but appreciate them, I most
certainly do.

flat roofs

I rest my case. lol

[edit on 8-12-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
DOn't you think the creation of military base is a declaration of war ?

Just wanting to make you think about it.

If russia build military base in antartic and in cuba ? What does this mean ?

And what about the creation of a military base in pearl harbor : in order to "burn thos little farm in wood, with the napalm our industrial has build for us".

the f word !

NAPALM kills 2 millions people : what is it compared with the 200 thousand people diying because of the use the atomic bomb : when usa have allready win the war.

NOTHING !

Bombing Civilians: An American Tradition

Hiroshima and Nagasaki is 10% of death compared to what they were 2 million deaths WITH NAPALM has TOKYO.

Damn wake up. This is not the weapon that counts.

Reality is not a fiction, it's not history, it is not the spectacle of Hollywood.

TO REACH ITS GOALS THERE FOR A GOOD MEANS. ALWAYS. (why kill people with guns when you can do differently or worse?) Inventing the corporate thinking ideology and telling the people they are free (but freedom does not exist, you cant use it sorry), that just work and you could buy your freedom material, but you are not spiritually free. Come to our camps - your prison is in your head - the light will be television through the bars that you put in our your vision.

Your vision, is our vision.

Your future, is our horizon.

THE USE of the ATOMIC BOMB : It is a show of force - for whom? FOR THE WORLD - (and Russia). In a sense it brought the Cold War, in a sense it is the first act of war of the Cold War. Capitalism against the world - well the rest of the world as you can see is nothing today : the beginning of globalisation (you critisize in your own country). Today you can count on the fingers of one hand the state that are not under the NWO, and have their soveirgnity.

Did you state that Japanese majors have tried to stop the war before? the bomb

But usa had a toy in which the mentality of the kid would become stronger - and it should validate the weapon in military terms - this is called real test.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by psychederic]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I just hope that the same consideration is given to the hundreds of thousands that were vaporized just 4 1/2 years later by the United States.

I lost family on both sides (I'm Japanese and American) in that war, and as such remember both equally.

As for it being a false flag, I never put much stock in it, other than the fact that the Japanese changed their plans mid way at some point from invading Alaska to bombing Pearl.

I've been to the memorials, I cry whenever I go there, I've also been to the dome in Japan, same reaction. It was a pointless war, and if the Japanese truly knew why it was being fought I don't think they would have even entered it.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Great thread.

I have a bit of trivia. Some may already know it.

The USS Phoenix was a cruiser which survived the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor with hardly a scratch. It went on to fight throught the Second World War.

The Phoenix later went on to become Argentine ship General Belgrano, sunk by a British submarine during the Falklands War.

I only recently found this out and found it very interesting. It might mean a bit more to British people.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Wow, never knew that, very interesting cheers for the info.
My respects to those that died that day, on both sides.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join