It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Members vote what goes in skunk works

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Evening ATS, i've just come up with an idea.
How about we have a skunk works vote button on each thread, but restrain it to people who have over 50 posts to filter out some newbies, i don't think it's fair for a couple of mods to decide what gets put in there, i think the mods should move the HOAXs but i think it should be a collective decision of ATS members who decide if it's skunk worthy..

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

I personally don't think it should be left up to the members.
The majority are deluded and incapable or judging what is a hoax and what isn't... as is evident in the threads.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Skunk works is for theories that have yet to be proven or UN proven.

That's why we have that forum. You can't put them in HOAX forum if you can't prove they are a hoax.

And lack of evidence does not prove a HOAX.

It's fine the way it is IMO. The mods moderate it the best they can.

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I think you are misunderstanding the purpose of the skunk works forum ...

This is a new initiative kicked off by this Skunk Works forum to have a dedicated place for ATS members to engage in speculative conspiracy theory discussions of all topics, angles, and targets.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Ohhh, im still kinda new to ATS in terms with how old everyone else is, i thought skunkworks was where all the nut job or stupid threads go.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

No worries, just as in real life, misunderstandings happen all the time.

In addition to that which has already been mentioned, here is the "forum definition" for skunk Works...

This forum is dedicated to the all-important highly speculative topics that may not be substantiated by many, if any facts and span the spectrum of topics discussed on ATS. Readers and users should be aware that extreme theories without corroboration are embraced in this forum. Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups.

For the most part .. unsubstantiated, highly-speculative topics of interest and/or concern

Hope this helps.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Wow cheers, i honestly never knew this, i might have to take a look around the skunk works.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
As much as i love you you Hayden_17, im affraid it will just fortify the beaurocracy and red tape that is already asfixiating the world as we know it!. You have made a tonne of great points, but this one im affraid may be scrapin the barrel. I look forward to more of your intriuging posts

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
No, members should not vote on what is deemed appropriate for skunk works, because practically every crazy idea is appropriate. You don't need any evidence and your claim can be as outlandish as you want. Plus you can't beat it for a good laugh!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Good opportunity to reinforce the purpose of Skunk Works. There is a lot of misconception about the forum. You can get an idea about the origin of the term here. It's not meant to be a repository of the unworthy, but a place to hammer out some speculation. Sort of a "what if" place.

If it's a personal experience with no corroboration or substantiation, it goes to The Gray Area. The Gray Area is a forum for members to post their personal experiences to afford them a place to have a discussion without a constant barrage of "prove it" comments. Not to say we don't want members vetting the claims of other members, but it needs to be done in a civil fashion. Constantly calling for "proof" in that forum where by definition proof is not available, is not appropriate.

Thanks for the opportunity to clear up a couple of things. We need to do that periodically just to make sure as many people as possible understand the forums, their purpose, and the guidelines.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I though skunk works and the grey area were just places for things that were too creative and or well written for the trash bin.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I vote NO

The mods do a pretty good job. As has been pointed out already, there is a misconception of what the Skunkworks forum is.

Skunkworks is a very good place, and while some of the threads are a little too far out there for my taste. I often find myself sucked in to some very stimulating theories, or ideas that can't be linked to as fact, as is required in other forums.

I sometimes think that more truth comes out of Skunkworks than some of the absurdities we are expected to believe simply because it came from the MSM.

It's good to see some clarification presented because I sense that a lot of members are under this miconseption that having their thread moved to Skunkworks is somehow a bad thing. When in fact it is a forum where we are free to explore the hows and whys of our ideas without the constraints of absolute proof.

new topics

top topics

join