It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new concentration camp

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The following video is from a superb film called My Dinner With Andre. I think the clip is especially prescient and poignant as regards the direction the world is taking. Consider the following scene itself, read the quoted excerpt for reference, discuss:

"But has it ever occured to you Wally that the process that creates this boredom that we see in the world now may be a self perpetuating, unconscious form of brainwashing created by a world totalitarian government based on money? And that all of this is much more dangerous than one thinks? And it's not just a question of individual survival Wally, but that someone who is bored is asleep, and somebody who is asleep will not say no? See, I keep meeting these people. Just a few days ago I met this man I greatly admire, a Swedish physicist, Gustav Jondstreim. And he told me that he no longer watches television, he no longer reads newspapers, and he doesn't read magazines. He's completely cut them out of his life, because he really does feel that we're living in some sort of Orwellian nightmare now, and that everything that you hear now contributes into turning you into a robot. And when I was at Findhorn, I met this extraordinary English tree expert who devoted his life to saving trees. Just got back from Washington lobbying to save the Redwoods, he's eighty-four years old and always travels with a backpack becuase he never knows where he's going to be tomorrow.
When I met him at Findhorn he said, 'Where are you from?'

I said, 'New York'.

'Ah yes, New York. That's a very interesting place. Do you know a lot of New Yorkers that say that they want to leave but never do?'

I said, 'Oh yes'.

'Why do you think they don't leave?'

I gave him different banal theories.

He said: 'Oh, I don't think it's that way at all.' He said, 'I think that New York is the new model for the new concentration camp where the camp has been built by the inmates themselves, and the inmates are the guards and they have this pride in this thing they built, they've built their own prison, and so they exist in a state of schizophrenia where they are both guards and prisoners and as a result they no longer have, having been lobotomized, the capacity to leave the prison they've made or even see it as a prison.'

And then he went into his pocket and took out a seed for a tree and said, 'This is a pine tree.' He put it in my hand and said, 'Escape. Before it's too late.'

[edit on 7/12/09 by Extant Taxon]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Extant Taxon

Great clip, I've never heard of this film before, I'll have to see it some time.

Brilliant dialogue.

'I think that New York is the new model for the new concentration camp where the camp has been built by the inmates themselves, and the inmates are the guards and they have this pride in this thing they built, they've built their own prison, and so they exist in a state of schizophrenia where they are both guards and prisoners and as a result they no longer have, having been lobotomized, the capacity to leave the prison they've made or even see it as a prison.'

[edit on 05/08/2009 by LiveForever8]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I tend to think this is the way the new "FEMA camps are" How do you pacify a nation of 300 Million who are heavily Armed?

Cut off electricty
Cut off Food
Cut Off water

Now I think most Americans Live in Big Cities or Townships, Not to many people are rural anymore, If you were to block the main highways and roads in effect you can starve them out and turn those once proud cities into a war zone. After its all said and done you can then bring in the forgien troops to mop it up... Maybe Katrina was a dry run?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Yeah, it's a film to watch for sure. The dialogue in that scene is profound, truly enlightening stuff.

reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

The remarks made in that scene about New York City as the concentration camp the inmates themselves built, allied to your comments, do make me think of the Agenda 21 document, which does put forward the idea of highly concentrated, populous cities to take away 'urban sprawl' from the countryside. They use some interesting language throughout the document that never quite explicitly states that they want to amass the masses in concentration camp style ghetto cities, but it's what they're aiming for, as kind of indicated in the following:

Excerpt from Agenda 21:

Chapter 7 -PROMOTING SUSTAINABLE HUMAN SETTLEMENT DEVELOPMENT (c) Encouraging intermediate city development 7.18.
In order to relieve pressure on large urban agglomerations of developing countries, policies and strategies should be implemented towards the development of intermediate cities that create employment opportunities for unemployed labour in the rural areas and support rural-based economic activities, although sound urban management is essential to ensure that urban sprawl does not expand resource degradation over an ever wider land area and increase pressures to convert open space and agricultural/buffer lands for development.
7.19. Therefore all countries should, as appropriate, conduct reviews of urbanization processes and policies in order to assess the environmental impacts of growth and apply urban planning and management approaches specifically suited to the needs, resource capabilities and characteristics of their growing intermediate-sized cities. As appropriate, they should also concentrate on activities aimed at facilitating the transition from rural to urban lifestyles and settlement patterns and at promoting the development of small-scale economic activities, particularly the production of food, to support local income generation and the production of intermediate goods and services for rural hinterlands.
7.20. All cities, particularly those characterized by severe sustainable development problems, should, in accordance with national laws, rules and regulations, develop and strengthen programmes aimed at addressing such problems and guiding their development along a sustainable path. Some international initiatives in support of such efforts, as in the Sustainable Cities Programme of Habitat and the Healthy Cities Programme of WHO, should be intensified. Additional initiatives involving the World Bank, the regional development banks and bilateral agencies, as well as other interested stakeholders, particularly international and national representatives of local authorities, should be strengthened and coordinated. Individual cities should, as appropriate:
a. Institutionalize a participatory approach to sustainable urban development, based on a continuous dialogue between the actors involved in urban development (the public sector, private sector and communities), especially women and indigenous people;
b. Improve the urban environment by promoting social organization and environmental awareness through the participation of local communities in the identification of public services needs, the provision of urban infrastructure, the enhancement of public amenities and the protection and/or rehabilitation of older buildings, historic precincts and other cultural artifacts. In addition, "green works" programmes should be activated to create self-sustaining human development activities and both formal and informal employment opportunities for low-income urban residents;
c. Strengthen the capacities of their local governing bodies to deal more effectively with the broad range of developmental and environmental challenges associated with rapid and sound urban growth through comprehensive approaches to planning that recognize the individual needs of cities and are based on ecologically sound urban design practices;
d. Participate in international "sustainable city networks" to exchange experiences and mobilize national and international technical and financial support;
e. Promote the formulation of environmentally sound and culturally sensitive tourism programmes as a strategy for sustainable development of urban and rural settlements and as a way of decentralizing urban development and reducing discrepancies among regions;
f. Establish mechanisms, with the assistance of relevant international agencies, to mobilize resources for local initiatives to improve environmental quality;
g. Empower community groups, non-governmental organizations and individuals to assume the authority and responsibility for managing and enhancing their immediate environment through participatory tools, techniques and approaches embodied in the concept of environmental care. 7.21. Cities of all countries should reinforce cooperation among themselves and cities of the developed countries, under the aegis of non-governmental organizations active in this field, such as the International Union of Local Authorities (IULA), the International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives (ICLEI) and the World Federation of Twin Cities.
E. Promoting sustainable energy and transport systems in human settlements
7.52. Promoting efficient and environmentally sound urban transport systems in all countries should be a comprehensive approach to urban-transport planning and management. To this end, all countries should:
a. Integrate land-use and transportation planning to encourage development patterns that reduce transport demand;
b. Adopt urban-transport programmes favouring high-occupancy public transport in countries, as appropriate;
c. Encourage non-motorized modes of transport by providing safe cycleways and footways in urban and suburban centres in countries, as appropriate;
d. Devote particular attention to effective traffic management, efficient operation of public transport and maintenance of transport infrastructure;

f. Re-evaluate the present consumption and production patterns in order to reduce the use of energy and national resources.

[edit on 7/12/09 by Extant Taxon]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
This is so fantastic in that it completely (I think) illustrates what the majority of the anti-NWO movement is all about. This clip does a great job explaining in a simple way just what happens to a complacent mass.

Definitely going to check the movie out, it seems profound considering the impact of a 6 minute clip.

Also, that is definitely a take I have never heard before, that big cities operate like that, and yet, I've heard that so many times, I just never properly put it together. Really amazing; sinister and terrible, but amazing. It's basic human psychology...just...weaponized to enslave.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Sickle_And_Hammer

Yeah the implications of the dialogue in that scene, despite being a work of fiction, are quite disturbing when you think about it. Just expand it to perhaps all cities in the so called civilized world and feel the goose pimples pluck up on your skin and the proverbial shivers up your spine...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I tried to find some word`s to add to this thread, But decided this picture says alot more.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by foxhoundone

Indeed.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Wow. Great excerpt. Two years ago I stopped reading the paper. A year ago I stopped watching TV (don't own one any longer). A half a year ago I stopped buying magazines. Why did I do this? Had a bizarre and very vivid dream that I was living in Los Angeles (I live on the East Coast but was thinking of moving out west). In it the government issued some sort of state of emergency, that we were under attack. Flyers were being handed out on the streets that stated there was to be an evacuation out of all major cities via trains, subway and major commuter to larger trains that would take us to safe zones, and that all citizens were to report. I ignored them since something didn't feel right. Everyone left and I stayed. I watched as military personal in white suits (hazmat??) and machine guns marched into the cities to make sure everyone was on the trains. I hid.

This dream was so vivid that when I woke it left me very uncomfortable for days. A week later a coworker of mine directed me to a site that had a leaked FEMA document discussing trains as a possible means of some sort of "extermination" if there was a state of emergency, though this "emergency wasn't clear. I had not told my coworker about my dream. For some reason he felt that he needed to send me the link to this site but didn't know why (I wish I had saved the link). Since then I slowly have removed myself from the media. I always thought it was a great way to enslave the populace.

I have to say, I've found to be enjoying my life more. (Hmm is this going off topic?) Anyway... great post. Nice to see others are waking up to this reality.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by pheos

Off topic? Nah. Just riff off of the subject matter as you are. It's related. I agree that cutting yourself off from the mainstream media is almost essential, just maybe keep in touch just enough to know when the boom is being lowered. When the march of the hammers really gets going.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/81a0f961de8d.jpg[/atsimg]

The question is, having rejected the first matrix, the mainstream media, are we all merely in an auxilary holding pen? The second matrix? All of alternative media, ATS, all the rest of the "conspiracy theory"
websites, all conspiratainment as it is, is just another false paradigm designed to suck us all in and have us missing totally whatever truth may be out there...

Study the screen whenever you're on ATS and this is what you should really see:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/96318cac2f1b.jpg[/atsimg]

It's just code...

Blonde, redhead, brunette, etc, etc.

The steak is juicy and delicious. Enjoy it, just keep in mind that there really is no spoon.

[edit on 9/12/09 by Extant Taxon]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
That's a breathtaking piece of cinema. Thank you so much for sharing it here. I completely understand what he's talking about, although his theory that we are all the inmates who have willingly built our own prison is almost new to me. I feel very strongly that he's right, and probably all cities are now being used to this end, whether they started with that intention or not. Probably not, I think, for most of them.

I moved from a reasonable sized city out into the sticks about 3 years ago. Now when I go back, which is rare as I absolutely hate how it makes me feel, I really see how conditioned people are, how habitual, how programmed, and they see only what's on the surface. They have been trained to perceive nothing beyond how things look, and anything natural is too subtle for them, in all the noise, mess, microwaves and smell. I believe that smell is a big control mechanism, but more of that later, maybe. With people so switched off and acccepting, it must be remarkably easy to reprogramme them with tv and print images that keep them controlled. And they think they like it. They're happy to like it. One trip to the city centre leaves me with a raging headache, nausea, in a foul temper, and frequently on the verge of tears. It's such an artificial environment.

This is the Findhorn place he refers to, btw...it's not too far from where I live.

www.findhorn.org...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae
That's a breathtaking piece of cinema. Thank you so much for sharing it here.

You're welcome.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Great cllip I loved it I have to get that movie!! it hit close to my heart I also have also been a robot for many years I am awake now. Once you fall into the rabbit hole it is hard to see anything else. It is like death you feel angry and sad and scared and ashamed. But for me that has grown in to resolution of truth. I see things I dont want to see now and it is truly scary. Everything I believed about goverment was a lie. I am but a pawn in the grand scheme of things. What happened to the american dream, did it ever really exist?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

The American Dream? Well, I'm not sure really, maybe it really all was just a dream...

But I say let's try and find our own individual light centers, just like the character says towards the end of that clip. And I mean by that to cultivate that light center, that inner, secret life, within ourselves.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The film that the clip of my original post was taken from can be found in its entirety on YouTube. First part here:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Thank you for the link to the movie I was hoping you would post it. And also I agree with the patriot above me it does come from inside each of us.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

No probs. I purchased the movie earlier on today and watched it again. Sublime stuff. If you view it watch for that absolutely classic philosophical line from Andre right at the end of the dinner. Truly stunning when you consider it.
I was walking around afterwards thinking, "Where is the honesty in my life? What am I doing? Where am I going? Why am I here?"
The film tackled so many of these severely personal issues for every one of us in the post modern age.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I do not know if I will be going off topic here or not. That said-

I feel our society has been going down the road of non-community.

What I am saying is that it almost seems that our infrastructure has been set up so that communities cannot be self sufficient. Huge metropolitan centers cannot exist on their own. To lock in so many people to such small areas in and of itself is unsustainable.

Not just in the make up of day to day living requirements but the infrastructure required to feed these centers. Be it power, food or whatever.

Now bring in the fact that community (a self reliant entity), is mandatory to society as a whole, does it not seem that the rush toward globalized centralization is problematic at best and wholly destructive at worst.

I have been thinking of writing a thread on this aspect of globalization.

My theory being that self sufficient smaller communities are the way we should be heading, not the other way around.

For if a problem occurs, be it medical or food supply or 100's of other possibilities, would not a global community fall into chaos?

Anyway OP, excellent thread topic and vid. S&F

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I think you're right in the end, but it's all about control in the final analysis. TPTB keeping the masses under their thumb in an artificial environment that they have total sovereignty over by way of providing all essential amenities.
Another aspect to look at is what is contained in the following documents:

DCDC Global Strategic Trends Programme 2007 - 2036

Global Trends 2025 - A Transformed World: Final Report

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Okay absorbed about 65% of one and 35% of the other.

Pretty much everything we cuss and discuss here is in those 2 you linked.

Kind of think I may have been to nice on these people.

An excerpt I find definitely troubling-

Declining youth populations in Western societies could become increasingly dissatisfied with their economically burdensome ‘baby-boomer’ elders, among whom much of societies’ wealth would be concentrated. Resentful at a generation whose values appear to be out of step with tightening resource constraints, the young might seek a return to an order provided by more conservative values and structures. This could lead to a civic renaissance, with strict penalties for those failing to fulfil their social obligations. It might also open the way to policies which permit euthanasia as a means to reduce the burden of care for the elderly.

That last sentence pretty much opens the way to death panels.

So it begins.

I will download those and read them in depth, thanks for that. Or maybe not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join