It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Elderly Couple Wake to Find Home "drenched with blood"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
An elderly Iowa couple awoke one recent morning to find several rooms in their home spattered or, in some places, even drenched with blood.

They'd been at home all the previous day and that night, and, when they had gone to bed, nothing out of the ordinary had happened. They slept peacefully through the night, with no disturbances, and did not discover the blood until the morning.

Forensics crews are at work trying to find a match for the DNA, but have thus far come up short; "all they can tell is that the blood is human". The couple are to be tested for a DNA match, but a positive result is not expected.

www.desmoinesregister.com.../20040515/NEWS01/405150356/1002

Police called in bloodstain experts and specially trained dogs when they arrived at the Stacys' home Tuesday to find gore splattered in the kitchen and several other rooms, mostly on the floors and low on the walls.

So far, all they can tell is that the blood is human, and that it "was almost all over the house," Scott County Sheriff's Capt. Mike Brown said. "It looked bad. It makes you take a step back and say, 'Whoa, what happened?' "

Freaky stuff, if you ask me. I'm interested to see how this turns out.

[Edited on 5-22-2004 by Valhall]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Freaky isn't the word! I wonder if cops can estimate how much blood was found in the house? Is there any satanic ritual activity in the area?

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Interesting question, and one with some chilling answers:

Yes, Des Moines does, indeed, have a satanic underground... or, at any rate, it has in the past. A twelve-year-old boy was kidnapped in the area twenty-two years ago, and later found dead in the possession of a group of satan-worshipers.

Some cursory research over the 'net yeilds this rather disturbing link:

satanism.meetup.com...

Apparently, there are more than a few active practicioners of the dark religion in the area.

One of many possible contingencies, but perhaps the most chilling. Thanks for asking that question, AlterEgo

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Whoa,
Thsi is the kind of story that sends a chill down your spine. I'm curious about the amount of blood. The article didn't say, but it like it was quite a bit. Scary to think that the poor couple was home and didn't know anything was going on.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I always remember this little jingo I read a long time ago:

Iowa
Corn in the summer.
Cold in the winter.
Pigs and plain-looking girls all year round.

Aren't bloodhounds supposed to be good at tracking these types of things? The blood, I mean, not the corn or plain-looking girls.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   

That just sounds really strange... going to bed with everything normal, then finding blood all over the house.
How much blood is a good question, but from the description, it sounds like quite a bit.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
c'mon, folks, I wanna see some good speculation about this.

I'll Go first:
1. Satanic ritual (already started by several)

2. Amityville type demonic presence (funny that you mention pigs . . .)

3. A corpse trying to reanimate a la "hellraiser"

4. Demonic/alien entity that entered the house and didn't know the couple was religious; the entity was destroyed by them in their sleep (yeah, corny, but we need options here.)

5. A frameup by neighbors or inheritors, wanting the couple to sell their home.

6. Failed teleportation experiment by some kids in a junior high science lab just down the street. Little timmy is still missing. Right before the teleportation booth was switched on, he said something that sounded like "brundle-fly."

7. Heist of a blood-bank donation wagon.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Did anyone check to see if a cat had exploded in the microwave? (Oh that was sick)

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if the old folks knew exactly what happened or caused it themselves. How would you sleep through someone throwing blood all over your house.

If someone put the blood there and spread it over several rooms, I'm sure they would have had to make noise and/or turn some lights on.

If someone was bleeding that much and going around the house that much, there would be noise and a trail.

If a 90 year old or two is dragging a wounded person around, they are bound to have a little trouble. This would explain why blood was all over the carpet in several rooms and not very high on the wall. I'd guess they hit someone with a car.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Interesting thought. I would think the police would probably have already checked that out. But why would they have brought a body into the house? At 90 plus I wonder if they even drive anymore and didn't it say the daughter lived next door?

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
c'mon, folks, I wanna see some good speculation about this.

I'll Go first:

3. A corpse trying to reanimate a la "hellraiser"

4. Demonic/alien entity that entered the house and didn't know the couple was religious; the entity was destroyed by them in their sleep (yeah, corny, but we need options here.)

5. A frameup by neighbors or inheritors, wanting the couple to sell their home.

7. Heist of a blood-bank donation wagon.

I love the way you put the alien before the framing via neighbours

But seriously, this is either mega wacked out, or someone's lying. Is it just me that noticed how calm the couple sounded? Maybe just the website's editing, but if I woke up to find my house full of human blood, I'd be a little freaked out...I'd say either a spirit reinacting death, a demon, or something to do with daughter perhaps?

[Edited on 22-5-2004 by LadyCool21]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
OK This is not how I wanted to start my day today.

I come to BTS and Im hit right smack in the face with this headline.

This is indeed very disturbing. I can only imagine the couple's reaction when they woke up in the morning and found their house covered in blood.

Im curious to see if the police can figure out what exactly happened in that house, and who the blood belongs/belonged to.

Keep us up to date.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Dang sounds like something straight from the X-Files...

I'm not going to jump the gun and say this is the devils work

Possibly a couple of kids (16-20 years of age) Just tryin' to have some fun.

That's my opinion, but I'm sure it will be proven wrong hehe.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thatoneguy
Dang sounds like something straight from the X-Files...

I thought that too.

This is something straight out of an episode of the X Files.

The fact that the blood was human is what freaks me out about this.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
They are old, so I don't think their hearing is that great anymore.

Would'nt they have locked the doors at night? I mean if you were 90 I would want some type of protection.

Another creepy fact, they said in someplaces it was drenched with blood. That much blood in several rooms, some even drenched. Most people would've passed out from losing so much blood, or they would've found a body inside or near the house.

My best bet is either something devilish or a Satanic ritual.

Or they could be very old Alzheimer riddin Satanists.....

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Davenport, IA

Bloody Mystery Solved

A bloody mystery that has baffled local investigators has been solved.

The human blood was found in several rooms inside the home on 115th Avenue in West Davenport , from the kitchen to the living area. Local and state experts were called in to analyze the blood and the patterns on the walls and floors.

Scott County officials now say tests confirm that the blood came from the elderly woman who lives there. She apparently didn't realize she had been bleeding from a medical condition authorities call an Arterial Hemorrhage.

There had been concerns that perhaps an injured person had somehow entered the house. The woman is doing well and authorities are happy that the mystery has been solved.

www.whbf.com...

She did'nt notice she was bleeding all over the place?
I saw another article while searching google a couple days ago
that explained it a little better. Something about all the blood
gushing out at once and then the hemmorage healing up imediantly.
Still searching for that article.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Now that raises the question, was someone overspeaking when they describe the scene as "drenched with blood." Seems to me if there was that much blood she would be out cold or dead. Still it sounds like a really scary condition.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by fortean
Scott County officials now say tests confirm that the blood came from the elderly woman who lives there. She apparently didn't realize she had been bleeding from a medical condition authorities call an Arterial Hemorrhage.

WTF? How is this even possible? She was bleeding all over the place and didnt notice? It said in the article that there were large amounts of bloods loss and that some places were literally drenched in blood! How is it that she didnt die from all the blood loss? Ok now this just got weirder.

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Here's a more detailed, (unbeliveable) explination.

www.qctimes.com...,1028357

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Hmm...sounds a little odd to me. In fact very odd. How would she or her husband not realise? And if they went to sleep then woke up to find the whole house covered in blood...she was either a) awake and knew about it, b) sleep walking, or c) this is actually a cover up. Now if a, then there would be no need to call the police and they would never have been involved; if b, then surely they would've mentioned this to the police and put this in the media report. And if by any chance it is a cover up, then what are they hiding?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join