It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Stability Police Force for the United States

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

A stability police force from your friends at RAND corporation.

Yikes, couldn't sound more nefariously evil if one tried ... someone get me my copy of Demolition Man.

I laugh, because that's my natural defensive mechanism response to feeling violated and ignored simultaneously.

I guess "peacekeepers" was taken.

[edit on 7 Dec 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
I DO NOT LIKE THIS The RAND Corporation is a government think tank and R & D Facility. These "Studies" tend to be policy. They are looking to circumvent Posse Comitatus and a whole host of other protections in the name of National Security. Please folks, don't let this one slip by.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by projectvxn]

Exactly what I was thinking.

To me this "force" looks like an excuse for the DC mafia to inject federal military & police assets into states.. under the guise of providing "security"... and wrestle control from the locals.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by loner007
So are the feds incapable of doing that sort of work...If they can spend x amount in creating a new police force...then why dont they give the money to the feds to recruit more....Seems to me this new police force isnt going to be used for its said intended purposes.......

Actually, it's the federals and their buddies in the 3-letter-agencies that are committing most of the crimes. If you're ready for the crimes to stop -- if you are ready to be safe -- then it's time to disassemble this "government".

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
And they can wear stylish black uniforms with a scull and crossed bones to let every other cop know they are above them, watching.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
What ever these power corupt in DC want to do, just do it already.
I would like to before I die, see your ass thourghly kick, with the Govt reset as we have been told. As we have been instructed. As has been written.

What ever you got, BRING IT ON! We are waiting..........

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Ugh.

Another "Think Tank" study.
Conclusion

Weighing all considerations, the researchers concluded that the best option would be a 6,000-person hybrid force headquartered in the U.S. Marshals Service. The personnel in reserve status could be employed in state and local police forces so they would be able to exercise police functions in a civilian population daily and could be called up as needed. The Marshals Service was deemed to have many of the requisite skills. However, its training and management capabilities would need to be expanded to take on this large mission, and it would have to recruit additional personnel as well. The annual cost, $637 million, is reasonable given the capability it buys. The cost savings in relieving military forces of these duties could be greater than required to create the SPF.

I wonder how they'll go about implementing this one.

We all remember that it took 9/11 to reach the needed conditions to implement The project for the New American Century's study.

But, it shouldn't take near as long since the Patriot Act decapitated any security we had with Posse Comitatus.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
reply to post by hoghead cheese

Can you elaborate or provide the quote/context of the speech, please. Thank you -- I didn't hear this and would like to.

Hey lpowell0627, I was refering to this comment

"We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."

No one really knows what he meant by that, so maybe the two are related?

-E-

[edit on 7-12-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I agree with you completely. However, I am afraid that the government's answer to the difficulty enforcing such a police state is going to be more police, more taxes to pay for it, etc.

When it comes to things such as this, the law-abiding citizens pay dearly and are negatively affected the most while the criminals get even more lofty -- and successful.

I look at this being similar to the "war on drugs".

Maybe the law-abiding citizens might figure out that the 600,000 laws on the book are in fact designed to create rules to prevent them from winning the game.

There is a reason why most people prefer to be the banker in monopoly.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
In 2008 Americans went to sleep, in 2012 they woke up to find themselves in a new Orwellian reality with no hope of escape, powerless to stop the change they so badly wanted, some tried to revolt but were quickly crushed by the SPF. When the cities were cordoned off separating the productive society from the non a new leader of the dissenters arose and once again there was hope for us, but before the elections the SPF assassinated him and planted evidence of subversion, which under the new laws made his killing justified. Soon we will all be forced into buses and taken to the new progressive reorientation camps where God only knows what will happen. I really wish people would have stopped this when they had a chance in 2010.

Sincerely,

Fromthefuture

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I'm not in the US, so perhaps I shouldn't be commenting... but this STINKS to high heaven.

First thing that came to mind when I read it was ... I bet the members of this 'police force' will be cherry picked for their capacity to open fire/ crack down on the population without flinching, guilt, or thought.

You could argue that some members of the law enforcement fraternity are already like that, so what would be different? .... A great deal I think. Members of the police force and federal agents are also fathers, mothers, brothers and sisters. Given an order to shoot at a populace that is perhaps on the verge of revolting they might falter.

Bet you members of this new police force (if it comes into being) would have no such problems.

I really can't think of any valid reason why the USA would need another federal policeforce.... It swimming in federal agencies. They are EVERYWHERE for every reason ....... except as 'political police' That one is still missing (maybe)

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
What ever these power corupt in DC want to do, just do it already.
I would like to before I die, see your ass thourghly kick, with the Govt reset as we have been told. As we have been instructed. As has been written.

What ever you got, BRING IT ON! We are waiting..........

agreed with you entirely, the peoples revolution is coming, they are the minority, we have the numbers, they can not stop us.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Why can't I just police myself

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
Why can't I just police myself

Because you are ...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
This American patriotic citizen was recently in 'oppressive Communist' China.

In the US there is a police presence everywhere and in various uniforms. In China, hardly a policeman in sight. In Tienanmen square there was a handful of plain clothes police, and some police and military. But nothing like the overwhelming numbers there are in the US.

While in China, I was told the top income tax rate is 20% - Compare that with adding up your federal and state income taxes here in the land of the free.

In China you drive as you feel like, but there was no road rage anywhere. In the US any infraction could result in facing the end of a barrel, or at least someone who approaches you with a hand on their weapon as if you were a gangster.

Anyway. My soapbox for a few seconds.

I'm disgusted with the USA turning into a police state.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

You can--- Jeffery Dahmer did.
But the police got him anyway.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
So haw many of you still believe that you live in a free country? Ha, yeah right.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c8466e277f3b.jpg[/atsimg]

Say hello to Obama's new goon squad. We'ren't we talking about this right after he was elected??? Weren't most of you in utter denial that this would come to pass?

The board is set and the pieces are moving. Say good bye to liberty for those who want to roll over. Speaking for myself i hate the feds already. These guys are all bad. The SPF will be a hit squad. Are you on the red list or the green?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

There is more information available if you follow the links; the full story is in a report you can purchase. The info in the additional links indicates that the SPF will be composed of law enforcement officers recruited from local & state departments. They will receive special training on how to handle riots, civil unrest and other special "high end"(?) situations. When not needed for these crowd control / insurrection duties, they will work within their local departments to continue to enhance their "Police" skills. When called into action, they will be part of the U S Marshals Service.

SO YES, the suspicion that this will be an elite police force with little loyalty to the local population they normally "serve & protect" is well founded. The potential for abuse is inherent in the plan. It also appears that this is the civilian police force that would rival the power of the Military of which President Obama spoke as he was be cheered by the audience. There are many Americans who want a stronger Police Force because they apparently believe that this power would be used against the people that they fear; the homeless, the disenfranchised, the immigrants, and any other socially unwanted derelicts who threaten the image of the USA being the land of the free and powerful.

The few people who have something of value that they want to protect will look upon this Federal Swat Team as the ultimate protector of their assets. The force will be put into effect regardless of how much we underdogs protest. We have no clout and no leadership. There will not be a revolution and any attempts to create one will result in a massacre.

So do what you must to enjoy your life now for our end is in sight. They have the laws, the money and now the elite Police Force that will be trained to shoot to kill, juris prudence be damned.

R-von

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

I don't know what's the living standard in China, but I doubt it's anything near good. They migrate to Serbia a lot lately, living in worst conditions and working for less than average income here. Those that actually succeed in making some business just exploit others, and there's even human trafficking involved. Very low living standards....

With that being said, it's hard for me to imagine China as a prosperous country where people are so happy they get bored of it and want to taste bitter life in war torn Balkans.

As for lack of police, well, that's the same thing as police being everywhere. I don't see how's that a good thing, since I very well know that people of China aren't quite the saints in regards to crime. We in Serbia have a lot of police but very few on the streets, we just basically use them when people are being stupid again and actually revolt.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
This is amazing. A straight faced no tongue in cheek description of the super mafia enforcer Nazi SS that the govt is pushing on us all over the country. Some immature bully louts that have been raised on kill-em video games, hand them weapons and tasers and tell them to kill your grandmothers. This is nothing futuristic. This is what we've got.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

Lovely. RAND.

God I hate this group, I have so many dealings with them trying to access my tenants to conduct this study and that study, only to face them and question them on such studies as this one and get the "deer in headlights" stare.

I'll grant it to TPTB, they do need a larger contingent of police forces, because at the rate they are going its going to be the only thing to protect them when the people finally have enough.

What are the FBI, CIA, alphabet soup etc agencies for if we need to create yet another police force for the country? Thanks for sharing this, Gools, but is it ever a heartbreaker to read. :shk:

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join