It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Stability Police Force for the United States

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

www.rand.org

Security requires a mix of military and police forces to deal with a range of threats from insurgents to criminal organizations. This research examines the creation of a high-end police force, which the authors call a Stability Police Force (SPF). The study considers what size force is necessary, how responsive it needs to be, where in the government it might be located, what capabilities it should have, how it could be staffed, and its cost.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This is study recently released by the Rand corporation claiming that the United States needs a "Stability Police Force" at the Federal level.

Apparently, what the US needs is more police.

The FBI, US Marshals, ATF, Secret Service, DEA, INL, Military Police not to mention the Military itself and the dozens of other Federal, State and Local Law Enforcement Personnel and all the private security firms are not enough to controll people in the US.

What I wonder is what good/use is a force of 6000 people that takes 30 days to deploy?

This part of the description:

...SPF members are federal police officers seconded to federal, state, and local police agencies when not deployed...
seems to indicate that these 6000 people would be present in every Law Enforcement Agency in the land. Will they also be calling the shots?

www.rand.org

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Ah yes. Exactly what we need. More police.
More police, with more authority.
Fantastic. Now we have the FBI, The CIA, the ATF, Local PD, Stae PD, Military PD, and finally the Stability police force.

I feel more secure already.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

The cost for this option would be $637.3 million annually, in FY2007 dollars.

Yet another thing for our goverment to wastes our tax dollars on

SPF members are federal police

Federal police officers, definately something we don't need.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
So are the feds incapable of doing that sort of work...If they can spend x amount in creating a new police force...then why dont they give the money to the feds to recruit more....Seems to me this new police force isnt going to be used for its said intended purposes.......

[edit on 7-12-2009 by loner007]

+28 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Remember Hitlers' Waffen SS?

You will if this goes into effect.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I DO NOT LIKE THIS The RAND Corporation is a government think tank and R & D Facility. These "Studies" tend to be policy. They are looking to circumvent Posse Comitatus and a whole host of other protections in the name of National Security. Please folks, don't let this one slip by.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The criminality is caused by social problem : which are the system.

SO don't use your money for more control, and more autority.

Rebuild the system : people need money , so # the globalisation up : their is two solution 1) everybody got a job with a good mid salary ( in average, compared to the gdp) 2) or we accept to give them food

This is called : erase the root : and there are no more threat :

this is bright ? USA should try.

( and you know , this is prooved , you don't need to use your ideology)

People have the right to live ! If they didn't get money/food , that sure they will do some things.

US report : statistics

[edit on 7-12-2009 by psychederic]

Edit : In fact , they just want to control you. But that is also ideology, totalitarism you know ?

[edit on 7-12-2009 by psychederic]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I smell a Trojan Horse
. If I had to unleash my inner conspiracy theorist he would no doubt say that this is a precautionary step TPTB are going to pursue in order to try and beef up their numbers to deal with possible future revolts. Lets face it, 6000 more working for TPTB wont aid them that much IMHO. I don't have the numbers, but I would wager that if revolution ever broke out in the US the governments forces would be grossly outnumbered in comparison to the masses revolting. If any of you, my fellow ATSers, have more time on your hands then I, and are willing to crunch the numbers, what are the odds? Civilians that could possible revolt vs the foot soldiers of the government?

[edit on 7-12-2009 by ch1ldofthe70s]

[edit on 7-12-2009 by ch1ldofthe70s]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by InertiaZero
Ah yes. Exactly what we need. More police.
More police, with more authority.
Fantastic. Now we have the FBI, The CIA, the ATF, Local PD, Stae PD, Military PD, and finally the Stability police force.

Don't forget DHS, too. At what point can we safely say we are a police state?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Short but sweet, that is exactly what came to mind, I guess "someone" seems to think we are ready for the next step, the new an improved Gestapo police.

I wonder what their uniform will be looking like and I will love to know who are the so call danger to US stability, darn I forgot, is us the unhappy citizens of the USA.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools

www.rand.org

Security requires a mix of military and police forces to deal with a range of threats from insurgents to criminal organizations. This research examines the creation of a high-end police force, which the authors call a Stability Police Force (SPF). The study considers what size force is necessary, how responsive it needs to be, where in the government it might be located, what capabilities it should have, how it could be staffed, and its cost.

What this does is to destroy the Posse Comitatus law that forbids military in police action in the US. It even said a mix of military and "Police forces". As long as they have at least one police man in the whole group, they can use the military. And what reason is their for this specialized force (which you can goddamn guarantee will be able to use any and all pieces of the govt. without warrant like satellite and phone surveillance). Do they know something that is coming and haven't told us. I think I know, and it's economical. You see we are a country that is not only broke but dead broke. We are printing money and shuffling paper and numbers around in order to give the impression that we are solvent when in fact that we aren't. We have trillions and trillions in liabilities that aren't funded fully (SS, Medicare/Medicaid, Pensions both federal and state, private pensions etc.) Where is the money going to come from in order to fund all these liabilities which as of last count and only including the SS and Medicare comes to 64 Trillion dollars, where's the money coming from? Even if they tax at 100% of your salary and even sales, it still wouldn't cover this. For one all this is for the baby boomer generation which have more people. And two there will be at most 2 people for every one baby boomer retired getting their benefits. So even if it was possible to tax 100% of said income and spending, there wouldn't be enough people of work age to get the money from.

Also take into account that our economy is a consumer economy which consists of 70% of GDP, who's going to do the spending since many of the baby boomers will not be spending as much. This program is being pushed in order to get ready for the coming economic implosion and the hard decisions that will be made. I predict that they will at first cut benefits, under the guise that it has to be done either because of a war or of a national emergency. They will bring in a consumption tax in order to help fund the unfunded liabilites. And when that doesn't work they will eliminate the benefits and decided to fund churches in order to help the elderly (the classic they won't go against a church). We will be third world country in all aspects and these organization force will be needed to tap down any dissent or rabble rousing from people and organizations that might want to stop being part of the US.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by geekgod

YES, Evidence Showing The USA Is Becoming A Police State

The same has happen everywhere : thanks to nwo : and the sheep !

Open your eyes accepts the truth : then maybe we could find a solutions.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

Umm whatever the Rand Corp is paid, its to much.

The paragraph is much to short, we must be missing a lot of details here. On the surface this "force" would be stepping on a lot of toes and serve no good purpose. Perhaps Rand sees some kind of influx of insurgents? (foreign? domestic?) or a rise in organized crime? (will there shortly be an expanded need for a more robust black market?).

Its more then a bit suspect but I would be very suprised if it takes off.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

I agree, this is the first step to get around Posse Comitatus, and is very dangerous to our freedom. I wonder if this has anything to do with security force President Obama mentioned in his speech?

-E-

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hmmm...don't like the sound of this.

Sounds like corporate America's version of the SA.

Not good.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
reply to post by hoghead cheese

I wonder if this has anything to do with security force President Obama mentioned in his speech?

-E-

Can you elaborate or provide the quote/context of the speech, please. Thank you -- I didn't hear this and would like to.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Recently U.S. Senator George LeMieux who took over the Senate Seat held by Florida's Mel Martinez when he retired made a shocking confession!

He claims that South Florida is over run with a pervasive culture of corruption!

Wow it's pretty sad when your own U.S. Senator is ashamed of the people he represents.

I myself am proud South Florida is over run with corruption and I for one love to do my part!

The problem is though in places like here in Miami the New World Order Police State just doesn't play well.

Most of the people who live here are veterans of Fidel's Police State, the Russian Police State, Columbia's Narco War's, the reign of Pappa and Baby Doc Duvallier and Haiti and a few other despots and tyrants.

Simply put they know how to get around the police in a Police State and to create a thriving black market economy that makes enslaving people to economic debt in a Corporate Controlled Police State much harder.

Miami is not alone but may be leading the field in bilking the government in fraudelent ways and infiltrating government agencies and turning them into corrupt little feifdoms that operate for a local profit instead of a Federal and Corporate one.

New Orleans, New York City, and Los Angeles to lesser extents are places where thriving communities of schemers, fraudsters, shylocks, bookies, prostitutes and drug kingpins and other black marketeers rub elbows with the rich and famous and rich and aimless.

Such people are going to make a New World Order Police State awfully hard to carry out and the Federal Government is well aware of it.

As long as people have independent non-government, non-corporate controlled sources of income the police state is going to feel threatened and make every attempt to try to eliminate such people.

Good luck there, because the reality is right or wrong there still exist many Americans that will take matter into their own hands before they would submit to the meager wages and limited lifestyle of corporate and Federal Government slavery!

Thank goodness for that too! Some one is going to have to pull the sheeple's chestnuts out of the fire!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I agree with you completely. However, I am afraid that the government's answer to the difficulty enforcing such a police state is going to be more police, more taxes to pay for it, etc.

When it comes to things such as this, the law-abiding citizens pay dearly and are negatively affected the most while the criminals get even more lofty -- and successful.

I look at this being similar to the "war on drugs".

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Recently U.S. Senator George LeMieux who took over the Senate Seat held by Florida's Mel Martinez when he retired made a shocking confession!

He claims that South Florida is over run with a pervasive culture of corruption!

Wow it's pretty sad when your own U.S. Senator is ashamed of the people he represents.

I myself am proud South Florida is over run with corruption and I for one love to do my part!

The problem is though in places like here in Miami the New World Order Police State just doesn't play well.

Most of the people who live here are veterans of Fidel's Police State, the Russian Police State, Columbia's Narco War's, the reign of Pappa and Baby Doc Duvallier and Haiti and a few other despots and tyrants.

Simply put they know how to get around the police in a Police State and to create a thriving black market economy that makes enslaving people to economic debt in a Corporate Controlled Police State much harder.

Miami is not alone but may be leading the field in bilking the government in fraudelent ways and infiltrating government agencies and turning them into corrupt little feifdoms that operate for a local profit instead of a Federal and Corporate one.

New Orleans, New York City, and Los Angeles to lesser extents are places where thriving communities of schemers, fraudsters, shylocks, bookies, prostitutes and drug kingpins and other black marketeers rub elbows with the rich and famous and rich and aimless.

Such people are going to make a New World Order Police State awfully hard to carry out and the Federal Government is well aware of it.

As long as people have independent non-government, non-corporate controlled sources of income the police state is going to feel threatened and make every attempt to try to eliminate such people.

Good luck there, because the reality is right or wrong there still exist many Americans that will take matter into their own hands before they would submit to the meager wages and limited lifestyle of corporate and Federal Government slavery!

Thank goodness for that too! Some one is going to have to pull the sheeple's chestnuts out of the fire!

Actually it makes it alot easier, not harder. In a police state the people that benefit from it are the rich, the politically connected, the lower govt. officials and the enforcers of the police state (police and military). What happens is that the elite love it this way because they can tell the enforcers and the lower govt. employees to go after this person or don't go after this person. And with the lower govt. employees and the enforcers, they will be susceptible to taking bribes in order for them to leave you alone or to go after somebody else. Just like the examples that you used, these people and eventually our own govt. officials will be making a living extorting money from the rest of us in order to subsidize their lifestyle, thats the perks of being in a police state. The elite and the politically connected and rich get protected from anybody or any group knocking them off or out of power. And their subordinates and enforcers are given wide latitude and/or discretion to do what they want to the "little people" to enrich themselves, as long as it doesn't effect the powerful.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join