It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation White Crow: crop circle voices and invisible physical forces

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Colin Andrews, who recently appeared on the Paratopia radio show, is one of the veterans of crop circle researchers. He began a crop circle surveillance mission known as Operation White Crow, which was done in a place known as the "Devil's Punchbowl" at Cheesefoot Head, near Winchester in Hampshire in 1989. What happened here was an extraordinary event that really makes you question the whole crop circle scenario even more.

Crop Circle Research [source here]

The story below is taken from Crop Circle Research website, which also took it from Colin Andrew's book, "Signs of Contact." It is shortened, so please see the website for the full account.

BEGIN

"We had a caravan of vehicles, work stations, and cameras. One evening, some of us who were directly participating in the surveillance operation decided to get away from the main base of operations and walk 100 yards or so away from the bustle.

We all walked off into a single crop circle, the larger of a formation of two circles that had appeared in the field next to the one we were monitoring. There were seven or eight of us, including psychic Rita Gould, and we all sat down and tried to relax. We did not meditate, or attempt to make contact with the intelligence of the circles - this was not a seance - but we were all in a relaxed state of mind.

1. Sound Phenomena

Suddenly, we all heard a sound from the east. As we listened, it grew louder and we could sense it getting closer. It was definitely directional, in that we could all tell precisely where it was coming from, and we could follow it as it moved. The sound then rotated around us, floating around the circle three or four times, like an auditory cloud that passed above us in a circle...

2. Mysterious Physical Forces

And then it got really weird.

As Pat stood there at the edge of the circle, he called out: "Colin, come to me," he said. And then, he cupped his left hand and began to "scoop" in the air at the top of the plants closest to the ground and push this energy in my direction.

I walked towards him, and when I reached him, he continued his odd cupping and scooping motion across the top of the plants, pushing the air towards me, specifically towards my solar plexus - he aimed it straight at the pit of my stomach. I stood there and went along with this, not knowing how to respond, or what to say...

Pat then started to walk towards us. When he reached a point about 25 to 30 feet away from us, he stopped in his tracks, and his head went back as though he were about to fall backwards. It was a most extraordinary sight and I truly did not understand what was going on. As I stared at this incredible sight, he then beckoned to me. Incredibly, his body then leaned back on a 10 to 15 degree angle. He hung there suspended, as though he were leaning against a cushion, or perhaps something more solid.

At this point, Pat was absolutely terrified. I could see fear in his eyes and he started shouting to me. "Colin! Come and hold me up!" I rushed to him and grabbed both his hands and tried to pull him to an upright position. I felt great pressure pulling against me, and it was as though Pat was stuck to glue. I continued to tug at him, and then suddenly he was free. It felt as though a bond had snapped and his body was released from the force that had been holding him. At the precise moment that Pat was pulled free, the crop circle sound stopped...

The following morning, as we were working in the base camp of the operation, a police sergent drove up. "Are you aware," the sergeant asked us, pointing in the direction of the sound from the night before, "that there's a circle with a ring on the top of the hill over there?"

We replied that we were not aware of any new formations and the sergeant offered to drive us there in the police car. We gratefully accepted and we sped off towards the hill he had pointed out. When we arrived, we were flabbergasted. In the exact direction the sound seemed to travel to when it left us was a fresh crop ring. The plants were still popping up, and still moving, as though a powerful hand had pressed them down, and they were just now springing back up..."

3. Theory

"I believed then, as I believe now, that the previous night we had inadvertently encroached upon the creation of a crop circle. We had all unwittingly placed ourselves in the middle of a paranormal event..."

END

[edit on 7-12-2009 by bananasam]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bananasam

Hey there,

I've never heard this before but it sounds absolutely amazing.

Could you imagine how that guy must have felt leaning backwards like that.

I have to admit that whilst I do believe some crop circles are man-made ... I believe equally that many are not.

Whether they are made by off planet sources or some kind of phenomena that we are as yet unaware of, I really don't know ... but I find this particularly fascinating.

It would be great if they'd had video footage.

Do you know whether or not they ever tried to experiement and access this state again or not ?

Might have to get a copy of that book and read-up for myself.

Woody

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by bananasam

That's fairly interesting...I will come back and read the full article later...I just wish they had gotten footage of this even...but that'd be to much to ask wouldn't it? Very good information anyhow...

[edit on 7/12/09 by CHA0S]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I'm in the camp that doesn't believe all crop circles are hoaxes so this is pretty interesting. I imagine it would have been pretty terrifying for the guy who was paralyzed asking his friend for help.

If I was him, after all was said and done I'd be curious as to how far the experience would have gone if it wasn't interrupted, what would have happened, was something trying to communicate, etc. I'd be left thinking I blew my one shot at experiencing something paranormal.

Don't get me wrong I know for a fact I would be scared out of my mind if some invisible force had me paralyzed in a field, but I think I'd be kicking myself the next day for stopping it.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I can't imagine the excitement of such an event. I've taken a look at Collins' website but I can't determine if he ever did further research about this aspect of the event to see if he recreated this type of communication again? It doesn't appear so from what I see. Too bad.

But in skimming over articles, it appears there was actually quite a bit involved by the participants in communicating with whatever was out there.

I've personally never seen a crop circle, and I'm sure many are man made, but I just feel that many more are not and are made by other beings of some kind.

Here's an interesting excerpt:

What happened next was odd and very significant to me. I remember it clearly although my original notes do not refer to it. Pat and I stood in front of the sound and with his right hand forming a cup Pat began a scooping motion above the tops of the plants, as if filling his hands with something invisible which he then pushed towards me. He made this scooping motion three or four times towards my heart, then moved his hand towards my lower stomach. Pat later told me that it was totally
involuntary on his part and that the energy was being taken into my chakras. The scooping had been carried out directly in front of the sound, as if we stood before an invisible entity whose energy field was so great that the surrounding air was not enough to insulate it from static discharge. As when I heard the sound at Kimpton, I had the impression that at any moment something would materialize out of the sound. George Wingfield also reported feeling something was about to happen, but was stopped and the moment passed."
www.colinandrews.net...

Here's a comment on Collins' article by Anonymus Coward indicating he knows what causes crop circles:

"the answer I have found I know what they are and how and why they are made.I have solved the crop circle mystery.you to will find the answer if you stept back a bit, you are to close to it to see it.IT IS MUCH BIGGER THAN YOU THINK.The circles are made by creatures several miles long and miles wide"

the are not plants or animals 'a little of both and very large.the songs of whales that swim in the soil."
www.cropcircleresearch.com...
I would like to know how he knows this.

All in all very interesting.

Excellent find banansam.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
You can hear the interview we did by clicking here

Among other things, Colin had a bank of computers simultaneously shut down for no apparent reason, when I asked about the Tall Whites case, associated with other phenomena like poltergeist activity.

We are also going to be having on another investigator that Colin set us up with who has some startling things to present about crop formations...so stay tuned in.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Nice thread, I got totally caught up reading that. Enjoyed it muchly, the more things like this that come out, the better. Then some real research can begin on what is potentially a very interesting topic.

reply to post by jritzmann

sweet
I await in anticipation.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Here's the part I don't understand:

And then it got really weird. As Pat stood there at the edge of the circle, he called out: "Colin, come to me," he said. And then, he cupped his left hand and began to "scoop" in the air at the top of the plants closest to the ground and push this energy in my direction. I walked towards him, and when I reached him, he continued his odd cupping and scooping motion across the top of the plants, pushing the air towards me, specifically towards my solar plexus - he aimed it straight at the pit of my stomach. I stood there and went along with this, not knowing how to respond, or what to say... Pat then started to walk towards us. When he reached a point about 25 to 30 feet away from us, he stopped in his tracks

So Pat is scooping air. Colin walks towards Pat and reaches him. Then Pat scoops air at his stomach. Then Pat walks toward "us" (Colin and group?) and comes within 25 to 30 feet?

Something is wrong or missing from the story unless I missed something.

Edit to add:

I found the answer. There was something missing.

This from Pat's account:

Standing at the southern position with Colin, I was controlled to reach out and sweep energy from the sound into Colin’s body. I do not know why. Colin then left me and returned to the group at the top of the circle.

But then I read this part:

I recall speaking to a member of the group, Rita Gould, who said that we required a seventh person to be present. I told her there was a seventh person with us but it was in spiritual form.

and I thought oh no, not spiritual form. Is that a joke?

www.colinandrews.net...

[edit on 7-12-2009 by Unknown Origin]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Origin

If I remember correctly Colin re-joined the main group away from Pat after the hand gesture thing. Looking back, Pat seemed to be in duress from being pulled and Colin went to pull him back away from whatever was exerting the pull on him.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I wanted to add some supplementing photos to the Cheesefoot Head area.

Colin Andrews also took this image showing active lights in the area in 1987, which is the same vicinity that the story took place:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ab89110bec80.jpg[/atsimg]

Meanwhile, Busty Taylor took this image of an extremely bizarre but related incident just 500m west of Cheesfoot Head in 1987:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0610011d4149.jpg[/atsimg]

"These two black objects share the same central axis. One is in sharp focus and the second is not or is moving quickly. We named these 'Black Ribbon Darts'. If the ribbons of this 'thing' oscillated at high speed as suggested in the photograph, would a 5.4Khz sound emit from the ether?"

Also, Pat Delgado, Colin Andrew's partner at the time, took this photo in 1989. This photo occurred after the BBC's camera equipment was destroyed right as the sound started to emit:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c9d38782f0e2.jpg[/atsimg]

Source: ColinAndrews.net

[edit on 9-12-2009 by bananasam]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
That must have been a very large cop car to fit 8 or 9 people
Crop circles are amazing pieces of work. Whoever or whatever they are created by are truly amazing artists. Anyone ever wondered what type of music a typical grey may listen to, or what they would do for entertainment? Can't get passed the idea that maybe their music is a series of different pitched tones and beeps similar to techno.

top topics

join