It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The LHC and the Quark bomb

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Between now and February next year Cern's LHC will start to use the higher energy collisions. These powerful collisions are the major concern among some scientists who think there could be major safety issues.

So is a Quark bomb really a scientific possibility or just scare mongering ?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Ahh...the infamous "Hadron Bomb"...check the link in my sig for an article I wrote concerning this subject, whether or not a chain-reaction could take place...but if you read further down the 1st page, it becomes apparent my initial thoughts were incorrect, as I forgot the fact that quarks don't act the same as protons and neutrons when separated, the binding energy actually turns into new quarks when they become separated far enough apart, instead of releasing that energy like in a nuclear bomb...in simple terms...a hadron bomb isn't really possible, if it is, it wouldn't work in the same way a nuclear bomb does...all though, these are exotic and fundamental particles...we really have no idea what might happen..it's never been done before...

[edit on 7/12/09 by CHA0S]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I really have no idea what the higgs boson, the god particle, is...waaay over my head

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Not sure that will happen, but it would make a great movie.

You should write the screenplay before it actually happens.

Also it seems like it would be much bigger than that.

They want to know about the big bang, hell they may create one.

With all the poeple starving and homeless on this planet we spend billions on this?

How did they sell this thing to investors. I want whoever sold this project to investors working for me.

A lot of money and a lot of time for what exactly? There must be something commercially viable they think will come out of this.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
New Solutions From The Color-Flavor Locked Strangelets

Theoretical investigations show that strange quark matter (SQM), which is composed of u, d, and s quarks, might be absolutely stable [1, 2, 3]. Because small lumps of SQM, the so called strangelets, could be produced in modern relativistic heavy-ion collision experiments, their charge property has attracted a lot of interest [4]. Originally, SQMis believed to show up with some small positive charge [2]. In June 1997, however, Schaffner- Bielich et al. demonstrated that strangelets are most
likely heavily negatively charged [5]. In June 1999, it was shown that negative charge can lower the critical density of SQM [6]. In July 1999, Wilczek mentioned an “ice- 9”-type transition [7], which was picked up by a British newspaper.

Similar discussions posed prior to RHIC collisions: (this pertains to creation of "ice-9 transition", which is depicted in the OP's video as the causation of the hypothetical "quark bomb".

We have argued that the experiments at RHIC do not represent a threat to our planet. But, is this “beyond the shadow of a doubt”?Considerations analogous to ours have been made for other questionably dangerous physical possibilities, such as the production of black holes or the trigger of a reaction whereby the vacuum in which we are
would be catastrophically converted into a “true” vacuum of lower energy density [22].

In these cases one is dealing with relatively simple theoretical constructs and one can draw conclusions that are correspondingly uncontroversial. In thecase of strangelets,
we are dealing with the properties of an incompletely understood hypothetical form of nuclear matter.

It is always possible to come up with an “ad hoc” hypothesis and invalidate any arguments. In the case at hand, it would suffice to assume that strangelets are stable only for masses smaller than the mass of the Earth, so that the conversion process to strange quark matter is eventually stopped. Even if all stars contained a
stable Earth-mass strange core, it would not be easy to tell. To have the upper limit of strangelet stability at a mass comparable to that of the Earth, it is necessary to tune the parameters of the underlying theory to a relative precision ǫof the order ofthe ratio of a typical nuclear binding energy to the rest energy of the Earth, ǫ∼10−49. The a priori probability for the parameters to be so fine-tuned is of order ǫ.

This givesan idea of how exceedingly ad hoc any hypothesis of this kind would have to be. We conclude that, beyond reasonable doubt, heavy-ion experiments at RHIC will not endanger our planet.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I just think the LHC WILL create A LIGHT BEACON (attractor) when COLLIDING, SOMEWHERE other then "known EARTH" its activities will illuminate physically SOMEWHERE ELSE and I think the location that will be illuminated by the LIGHT SPEED ACTIVITIES OVER AT CERN WILL ATTRACT IT/something MABEY THE DEMON PARTICAL lol to the the LHC DOORWAY it is a 17 mile elips which makes a nice LIGHTSPEED CIRCLE/door ON EARTH, lol to come thru, 17 miles is a lot of space. SEE THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE AT ITS BEST, SMH.

[edit on 12/7/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Higgs Bosson partical is a SUPPER MASSIVE PARTICAL, just felt like saying it in caps!.. but here is the problem.

It is a "force" Not really a partical! and they only want to see if its there so they can finaly say they have the last peace to an eqaution..

No boom no big bang no blackholes. just atom smashing..

Higgs bosson is in fact YOU. In all the wizzardy and uppetyness and long winded calcualtions.

They always leave one thing out.. YOU, why? beats me seems a bit silly not to factor in the very reason why they can search for anything ?

Ask a math teacher why we are not a part or represented in math, and he will look at you funny.

Then after that go read a book on physics -

They are wasting lots of money on Nothing. Yes they will find some new atoms but they will NOT find the bosson higgs partical because its all ready here.

Go look in the mirror

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by whattheh

lol humans are so funny and way way to arogant..

They want to know about the big bang, hell they may create one.

Not a chance

They want to find the force that creates matter "glues it togther" they think there is some force/partical that must exsist to show this in a "physical form" aka god partical.

But they left out us in the equation

Let me show you why this is the case.. In order for something to be here requires an observer so what does that have to do with finding this partical and the equation?

Well We as "humans / life" are the only reason for the interaction with space / reality in what we are aware of !

So Therfor all actions that stem from this one key element will produce the very same thing they are trying to find!

They are looking for LIFE or at least the essence of it in some respect.

and here are 2 more key elements that stick out one should understand.

The Universe has NO shape "its not possible to mesure it"

2nd Your Mind has NO shape "its not posible to mesure it"

ring any bells? I hope so because the math of old is just that OLD

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
What a pathetic video... Not only the author doesn't know jack about physics, he didn't bother to look up the layout of the LHC and CERN.

By the way, I'm sitting next to the water tower you can see in the video, right now. The LHC ring does not pass here.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Part 1 of 5

Learn about it be for you post about it, then read my posts

Think im wrong?

Listen to the very first part.. and then ask your self WHY we want to know everything?

Why is not a word its a FUNCTION without it you do not get the outcome, and in order to FUNCTION requires?

Matter and Energy and you are made from BOTH

ironic this lot of nerds cant even do 1+1

and for the people who are scared

www.youtube.com...#

"pea shooter"

[edit on 7-12-2009 by 13579]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The force that is "gluing" things together is also called vacuum. Guess what - it is metaphysical, therefore it cannot be a "particle".

Bosons are particles which occupy the same space at the same time - also must be metaphysical by (this) definition. Otherwise, they are not particles.

Our experience, which is actually knowledge, is synonymously the force and this is what they want with this experiment - to possess absolute knowledge (God). I wish they get enlightened in this manner - then they will cease from existence as they know it

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Ironic is it not lol

2nd line

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13579
reply to post by DangerDeath

Ironic is it not lol

2nd line

I'm still not sure whether they made LHC to work or - to NOT work. So, we shall see.

I'm trying to see the correlation of LHC and present NWO action. I think it is interesting to draw a parallel between these two actions.

Maybe in correlation to TimeWave Zero sinusoid acceleration

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by 13579

Why don't you share your infinite wisdom w/ the physicists at CERN? Better yet, why don't you share your research with us by starting your own thread about how about 200 of the best and brightest can't figure out the one thing an ATSer already understands?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Many of them brightest ones have probably figured it, that's why they are sabotaging LHC.

The brightest minds of the Planet are on the ATS, not in CERN.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Protostellar

I did try

but then again the same people like this bunch think the world is flat still and use an old way of thinking.

I grew up on this stuff and it never made and logical sens to try and find the answer to life "or what created it"

when i can stand in the mirror

What ever created the universe is WITHIN us all, one of the same thing.

thats why we have shapes and logic and chaos..

people use words to describe things and do not understand how they fit in.. to it all

Why have symmerty? Why have PI why EVEN ASK?

1) because thats how it is? OR 2) Because thats how we work? And if its thats how we work? What is the function of that?

look in the mirror and you see 2 people not 1.. One is the Self aware you that guids his / her path on blind stupidy of our being here in huts made of mud.

And the other is understand You make the uiverse work just by being here for if you was not.

What question or outcome would be possible?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Ideas do the work, not us. We are just the fuel. We live and die for the "cause".
Unless we are smart enough to see through it, of course

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Anybody read "Into The Looking Glass" by John Ringo? It is fiction, but, they physics in the book is possible.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by 13579

Learn about it be for you post about it, then read my posts

Learn to spell before before you post it .
Sorry I didn't realize I had to learn about Particle Physics before I could ask a general question on this forum .

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
Bosons are particles which occupy the same space at the same time - also must be metaphysical by (this) definition. Otherwise, they are not particles.

This is untrue to the point of stupor.
Never ceases to amaze that people don't hesitate to post an ASCII equivalent of bovine dejecta.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join