It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do I Even Care Anymore?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
People have told me many times, that I have too big of a heart. Other times, people tell me that I have no heart. Either way, I know that I could possibly care too much too often about things that I have no control over. I have been through some amazing events and times in my life to where I could sit here and say that I have been through many ups, and many many downs. Even when I am at my worst, I try to do everything I can to help someone out that is in need of my assistance, I never shut people out, its just not who I am.

Everything that goes on around me, is going on with or without my assistance. The world turns even when I am stuck, and no matter how hard I try to get myself out of the crack, something is always there sucking me farther and farther down the pits of hell. There are many people in my life, but there are very few that I could actually count on if I ever needed anything from them(eventhough most times I am too proud to ask for that assistance). For those people I am thankful, because without them, I would probably be either strung out on dope, laying in the water channel with a bullet in my head, or robbing people just to get by,etc,etc.

Everytime I turn on the T.V. and see whats on the news, and what isnt on the news, I sit back and wonder how these people can sit there with a smile on their face, straight up lying to me, as if what they were saying was gods words. Emotionless bastards, they stick up for themselves and the guys who write the checks, but when it comes to the people that they themselves are supposed to be lookin out for, oh no, us little guys get the fallback storys, the stories that dont even matter, yet are expected to believe because THEY say so. These are the stories that we the people, are meant to fight over amongst each other while they go out and conquer the world. How can we as a people, accept this as truth? How can we as people just sit back and let them do these things to us, when we know GOD DAMNED well what it is that they are up to? Why do we keep doing what they tell us? Why am I fighting with my neighbor over who or not made the right decision when it came election time? Why are we fighting each other? Is that what we as a people want? To be fighting each other so that these bastards can continue on doing exactly what we know that they are doing. Why is it that everytime I get online to get away from that, the first thing that I see is the exact same thing as on T.V? People arguing over senseless **** that they themselves have no control over? Why do we let these bastards, come into our home, and rip our families apart? Why do we let these bastards, ruin every single oz of good that we have left in us just so they can get what THEY want? Why is it that we can never help OURSELVES get what we want? Why do they matter?
Why is it that we are so concerned about their welfare, but not our own? We let these people do whatever they want to us, at the expense of saying "see I was right andyou were wrong"? When are we going to wake up?
It is funny though, cause when I joined ATS, I saw something I have never seen before, people from all over the world comming into one spot to talk about anything and everything they wanted to talk about that effects the whole world.
I was amazed at all of the work that the members of this site put forth to spread 'the truth'. And really, we all know its not about the truth, we will never get the truth. Its all about walking the path, to find the truth within ourselves. Do I need keith Olberman or bill orielly to tell me what I should be thinking? Should I let these guys forge my way of thinking? I make my own truth, because I believe what I choose to believe based on all different points of views and experiences. You can not have the truth, if you only have newspapers and news stations giving you the information(they allwork forthe same aholes). You have the truth when you realize that everything that you have ever seen or done in your past is in fact what you believe in. "I seen a 50 ft Aligator, but you dont have to believe me, cause I seen it with my own eyes, thats the truth." "I used to not believe in aliens, until one day I woke up with an alien staring at me, but was unable to move". To those people, no Bill Orielly, nor Keith Olberman can make them change their minds, because what they saw/experienced was indeed the truth.
How often does one(while reading his daily news) say"You know what, I do not know if I really believe all of this"? Thats what I thought, and the reason for that is because its NOT the truth. If it was the truth, the human mind wouldnt have any problem accepting it, but when there is doubt, there is usually good reason for those doubts.
Everyday, I have a ritual. I get up, I smoke a cigarette, I brush my teeth, cook something for breakfast/lunch(depending on if Ihad a good night or not) and I get online to see what I have missed in those 5-12 hours of sleep. By the time I am done reading, my head is bursting like a watermellon on gallagers stool. There is just soo much mis-information out there, that it is hard for me to EVER believe a word ANY of these jackals say anymore. Tommorow morning, I could wake up, turn on the news, and see them talking about Isreal Nuking Iran. Would I believe them? Of course I wouldnt, because I DO NOT let these stooges make my mind up for me.
So here is my question(s) to all of you who chose to read this far(and I am honored that you did)....
Why dont we do something about this? Why are we letting them walk all over us when it is we the people, that have the power?Or do we have the power anymore?
Why do I even care anymore? Why do you still care?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Why dont we do something about this?

There's not enough context in your post for me to be clear on what you're asking why we don't do something about.

Why are we letting them walk all over us when
it is we the people, that have the power?

I don't understand. Who is walking all over us?

Let me break your train of thought for a moment: I find that the vast majority of the input I receive in my life has very little relevance to anything in my life. For example, you mention the prospect of nuking Iran. But...take a look inside my head for a moment.

I've never been to Iran. I've never been to Israel. I've never seen a nuke. Very simply...I have very little to connect with this idea.

Or do we have the power anymore?

Maybe you would have more power if you focused on things within your awareness rather than things that other people you don't know are telling you through indirect means that yet other people you don't know might do to yet once again people you also don't know and will probably never meet in places you've never been and will never go.

I don't mean to be heartless here. But very simply, there may be things going on in the world that are impractical for me to worry about. For example,it's possible that right this very moment, someone is being beaten and raped and will soon be murdered and buried.

I don't know who that person is, where they are, or how they came to their present circumstance.

What do you want me to do about it?

Will worrying about it make it better?

How am I supposed to prioritize whether to worry about people I don't know being raped and murdered, or people I don't know being nuked?

But now let me ask: right now in your own personal life there may be things that directly concern you. Things going on that affect you and the people you do know.

Why not focus on those things?

Maybe you'll no longer feel so powerless.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Why do I keep trying?

Because I might be on the loosing side of this war, but it sure as hell does not mean it's the wrong side.

Chin up Kiddo, do your job, get paid, and let them run their little world.

They can't take the sky from us.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
They walk all over us because we the people, are unable to come together as one, and stand up for what we believe in...we just don't realize how much power we actually have...and that's exactly how TPTB like it...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
It's hard to beat those feelings, I know.
Check out the link in my signature, there's hope after all!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The best way to combat your feelings is not to give them creedence!

1) There is no NWO or PTB
2) We are the NWO and WE are TPTB.

Always Keep that in mind.

Change the person you Change the way it works, I sound like the POTUS.

if they can do it? what is stopping us?

Form a party and get like minded people to vote for you in your area.

I have often thought about this my self and still may run for local MP!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Why dont we do something about this? Why are we letting them walk all over us when it is we the people, that have the power?Or do we have the power anymore?

We all do try in our own way even if it is to post blogs and to engage others we meet in debate about the dogs that run our countries. Sometimes we make headways and sometimes we are accused of being wack jobs with no basis in reality.

The sad thing is we have always been brought up with the idea that we could change our government, swapping it out for a better one if things get stagnant but the grim reality is that each political party is so close in semblance to each other that all you are really doing is swapping one colour for another. The real change will not come via the ballot box but will come through a large scale event, positive or negative that will shock our culture and force us to re-evaluate the system of governmental controls that are endemic and which make up the vast form of control through this planet.

Do not become too despondent, the change if and when it comes will be something unmistakable as a world changing event, you just need to hang on day by day even if that hanging on is by the fingernails.

You are not alone many feel exactly as you do.

Originally posted by Common GoodWhy do I even care anymore? Why do you still care?

You probably care because you have freed yourself from the shackles that keep everyone else's head down and can see that we are still worth the hope? I care because I am human and the friends I am honoured to know are real friends and in saying that there are probably many more people out there who think like my friends do and I have unfortunately not met them yet.

That gives me hope for my species but I am not blind, we are living in dark and bloody times, a time of money and greed.

However, I refuse to give up on my race just because the low life of the pile has somehow managed to climb to the top of the power pyramid. Their time is short; they cannot keep the people deceived forever and in hanging on by my fingernails I know that one day I will see them held to account.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by SmokeJaguar67]

new topics

top topics

join