It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Global Warming Denial Movement Linked Directly to ExxonMobil: PROOF

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
then with this in mind. What the hell is causing global warming?
I personally do not believe that it is the greenhouse gasses that are mainly causing it, though they do not help.
And the only other piece of evidence i see credible now against the traditional global warming theory, are the facts that other planets in the solar system are heating up or is that disinfo too? and also what about the other periods in earths history where warming has been similar or even worse. A popular example would be the medeival warming period.
And why would you be so quick to write off the sun as a cause?
solar minimums and maximums play a part don't they?

[edit on 7-12-2009 by Consciousness]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Maybe... just maybe... Global warming is a way for God to say... Straighten up or I'm going to keep turning the temperature up on the stove.

With all the bickering... The Rich throwing money around to suit their own personal need or agenda... all of us stuggling to get by and worried about petty hate... Maybe this world does need to come to an end. Something really drastic is going to have to happen in order for people to change... Just like in the movie: The Day The Earth Stood Still...

Source: IMDB

Well that's where we are. You say we're on the brink of destruction and you're right. But it's only on the brink that people find the will to change. Only at the precipice do we evolve. This is our moment. Don't take it from us, we are close to an answer.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I believe the same people are investing in both sides so as to maintain control of the debate and the flow of information. Rise and Shine! the banks, the oil companies, the tobbacco companies, the media moguls, those greedy CEOs, theyre the same entity now. theyve been meeting together on a regular basis since the 50's and been working on it since before this country was founded.

Read up on Tragedy and Hope by Carrol Quiggly and I recommend Antony Sutton's books also as good sources of Privy info. Sutton also has a few lectures on the net.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The OP is full of baloney. Don't you people know you are only losing credibility with this type of garbage?

I was in a local citizen's group that wanted better planning and siting with industrial wind turbines from homes. I was accused of working for the coal industry, the oil industry AND the nuclear industry.

Still waiting for my cheque(s).

Your arguments and attempts to demonize and discredit anyone who doesn't agree with you is beyond childish and quite frankly, disturbing. It's just not working anymore.

You sound like someone right out of the McCarthy era. Get to a deprogramming center. You're thinking like a cult member.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Let's look at co2 a little closer, in layman's terms.

As of March 2009
Important Topic Updates
, carbon dioxide in the Earth's atmosphere is at a concentration of 387 ppm by volume.[1] Atmospheric concentrations of carbon dioxide fluctuate slightly with the change of the seasons, driven primarily by seasonal plant growth in the Northern Hemisphere. Concentrations of carbon dioxide fall during the northern spring and summer as plants consume the gas, and rise during the northern autumn and winter as plants go dormant, die and decay. Carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas as it transmits visible light but absorbs strongly in the infrared and near-infrared.

Co2 as a substance or byproduct is everywhere in our advanced world. It's in your carbonated drinks, it's used to manufacture plastics, it's used in welding, it's used in refrigerants, it's used in commercial greenhouses, it's used in pneumatic systems, it's used in fire extinguishers, it's used in foods, and even in certain commercial lasers. Yet all of these uses by humans only account for 5% - 10% of co2 emissions on the planet. The rest of the 90%-95% of all co2 comes from natural process.

I would be more aligned to think in a logical way, since the start of the industrial revolution, we have cleared forest after forest, reducing the amount of tree's and plants. So why does that matter so much? Because with less plants you have less conversion of the co2 into oxygen leaving a higher ppm of co2 in the air then previously.

We also must take into account mass increased global population along with reduction of vegetation. With less plants converting co2 and more people expelling co2, is it really any mystery?

During the Jurassic period co2 was almost 5,000 times higher then it is today. Plants flourished because the higher the co2 concentrations the more plants can grow.

Cow farts damage the environment much more then human co2 emissions. -according to the UN

[edit on 7-12-2009 by libertytoall] extra DIV

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
All this new Science and technology and people still run to the Temple when they see, (or sense) a disaster from Mother Nature, ready to give what it takes to see them through.
Sumerians used it,Mayans used it, Egyptians used it,Greeks used it, Romans used it also. Suppression of Truth, Promotion of Fear.
Some things Never Change,

Save the World by Freeing Yourselves. Make Mother Proud!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Globing warming may or may not be occurring...I don't know as the only evidence seems to be some bad evidence coming from a group of people intrested in getting rich and controlling those without as much money and the evidence for Global warming not occuring seems to come from people that want to get richer and control those without as much money. It wasn't that long ago that much of the U.S. was under the waters of an ocean that was a lot higher than it is now and the region we know as the North Pole was a lot warmer than it is today, so as of now the conclusions I come too is that this a natural cycle that the earth has followed before and will continue again. My theory is that the earth is not being thawed by humans or even changed by humans but is just adapting or evolving into what it needs to be in order to survive. Just as species of animals have adapted to changes in the enviroment they live in the earth is adapting to survive in a changing of the habitat they maybe we have created. The earth is not dying but maybe the human race will need to change to the surrounding habitat that we are creating or we will die but the earth will not and my guess is that animals and humans will continue to thrive only in a different habitat and maybe not as populated. On the Global Warming people...if they are actually serious about changes why not start with themselves? Countless private jets have made the trip to Denmark for the summitt and countless Limo's have carried these same dignitaries from the airport to the summitt and countless other places producing more carbon in a short period than I do all year. Al Gore and his cronies have the idea of allowing companies and people to purchase "Carbon Coupons" and even trade and sell them with one another and keep producing the same amounts of pollutants as before but only if they pay for it and then tax the crap out of those same companies but still allow them to pollute the same amount! Those companies do not care as they will just pass the taxes onto consumers like you and me when we purchase the products they sell us! Then only people that will pay for pollution are those of us that can not afford to pay for those "Carbon Coupons". Want to go on a family vacation...better have some coupons! Maybe we will be able to trade them on sites like EBAY or Amazon.com will sell them to us. the bottom line is NO the people of Earth have not been the best stewards but is the earth going to collapse? I think not but maybe the Human Civilzation will collapse and since most of the threads here on ATS are saying we are going to collapse anyway what difference does it make?

link   
How about a spin on your idea - maybe ExxonMobil wants to keep the polluting stuff, while the other companies don't care if they don't sell oil anymore, as long as they are able to tax citizens?

link   

Originally posted by mc_squared

You will refuse to consider that your inherent distrust of the system could have actually been manipulated by the biggest snake in the pit. You will refuse to consider it because you have all invested so much of your collective anger and emotion into burning the Global Warming witch, that there is no longer any going back.

And you will dismiss it all by just calling people like me a sheep and resume more pointless threads about how Al Gore wants to eat all our babies. And that is exactly why you will remain the biggest sheep of them all.

Because these are the real NWO, and they have made an art-form out of exploiting your fear and your anger.

I whole heartedly agree! Thank you for posting this since my fingers are getting blistered here arguing what I never in a million years thought I 'd need to.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

I hate polluters. I think we treat the Earth like crap and it should stop.

BUT, I do not believe for a second that we are facing some global catastrophe caused by humans whereby the entire climate was changed in only one and a half centuries of industry.

I don't deny global warming I just think the idea that we're all gonna die, the fear, the hype, is being used by TPTB to push through new agendas rearranging wealth and taking new powers that have NOTHING to do with actually helping heal this Earth.

I'm not surprised the big corporations have hijacked the anti-MMGW movement, after all there are other elements of the PTB controlling the believers. The movement that originally wanted to stop pollution has now been hijacked and politicized.

Just look at the division and hysteria created here on ATS. People view the whole thing in some black and white good versus evil context. It's become like religious extremism, both sides are mirrors of each other. Real science has been thrown out the window in favor of Faith in what we are told (either told by deniers or believers).

So, in conclusion YES we have done some shameful things to this green-blue beauty of a world but let's make sure whatever new policies we do implement are actually designed to help the Earth, let's not let fear of it being a tiny little bit warmer drive us all into a frenzy. That's exactly what happened after 911, it's why we ended up in Iraq, "they" used fear and anger to guide us toward what they wanted. The world is NOT coming to an end, it is NOT threatened by CO2, there is no need to panic. The Earth has gone through warming before, as has our species, we've also made it through entire Ice Ages (not an excuse for what we've done, I'm just saying there's no cause to be worried or think its doomsday). Let's be sure to actually help the environment not help TPTB become richer or more powerful.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I think I may have drawn attention already to this article, but perhaps some haven't read it yet

Oil Companies Support Global Warming Alarmists, Not Skeptics

The only disagreement between Al Gore and Exxon Mobil is who gets to sink the teeth in first

A common charge leveled against global warming skeptics is that they are on the payroll of transnational oil companies, when in fact the opposite is true, oil companies are amongst the biggest promoters of climate change propaganda, emphasized recently by Exxon Mobil’s call for a global carbon tax.

and this next item takes the breath away

sure to stun those who like to believe the global-warming/climate change deal is genuine

listen to this:

“It is easier and more politically expedient to support a cap-and-trade approach, because the public will never figure out where it is hitting them,” said Tillerson. “They will just know they hurt somewhere in their pocketbook,”

Tillerson, for those unaware, is the chief executive for Exxon Mobil

let's hear it again:

“.... the public will never figure out where it is hitting them,” said Tillerson. “They will just know they hurt somewhere in their pocketbook,”

Exxon Mobil and their ilk are not concerned about a carbon tax eating into their profits because they know they won’t have to pay it – the tab will be picked up by the ignorant taxpayer at the fuel pump at an inflated cost which if anything will hand the transnational oil cartels an even bigger cut.

Ideologically, Al Gore and Exxon Mobil are on exactly the same page – the only difference between the oil companies and global warming alarmists is the squabble over who will get to sink their teeth into the taxpayer and reap the dividends of the climate change scam.

www.prisonplanet.com...

So there we go. Tell your friends

The above is particularly bad news for those who were drawing comfort in the thought that 'global warming/climate change' deniers were 'just trolls working for the oil companies'

Sorry. No. The OP has been proven 100% wrong in this claim, as evidenced by the verbatim quotes above BY the 'oil companies'

The oil companies WANT the global-warming scam to go ahead. Oh YES !

And they've SAID so, loud and clear, as you've read above

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
^Turn that into a thread. RIGHT NOW.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
While I myself am not a big believer on the whole "We are destroying the planet OMG! HELP US!" crowd. Like the famous George Carlin said "The planet ain't going anywhere... WE ARE, and trust me, it ain't pretty" or something like that. Take a look at the video if you haven't, pretty sensical stuff if you ask me.

BUT, that being said... that doesn't mean I don't have enough common sense to see that by destroying the very natural resources that provide for our very survival, that it poses a problem to US as humans... not to the planet. I'm not worried about the planet, the planet will take care of itself... Again, see the video of Carlin below. We're not a threat to the planet, and to think that we are, after ONLY 200 years of heavy industry, when the planet has been here for far longer... that's pretty arrogant and EGOtistical of us. I am worried however about US and where we're headed if these idiots continue to ruin the very sources that the planet has provided for our survival, all in the name of money

I invite the OP, and anyone that can find it... to watch the Documentary "CRUDE" I watched it on LinkTV, it's a very good documentary about how the oil companies have essentially shafted people from southern american countries, contaminated their water supplies, creating toxic pools, essentially ruining the sources of survival for these indigenous people (whom by the way, their own govt. didn't even consider them worth having a voice) all for the sake of money.

Watch it if you can find it (I tried, but so far, nothing much on Youtube) it was made in 2009.

No, I'm not an "enviro-global warming whacko" because personally I still think there are A LOT of holes and factors that are not taken into account. Instead, I'd rather consider myself someone more concerned with what WE are doing to OURSELVES, including destroying our own "golden goose" so to speak, in an effort to get just one more golden egg. Or however the phrase goes.

The Carlin Video

[edit on 7-12-2009 by Hitemhard]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Sure some of it is backed by big oil. But that doesn't discount the research and findings of the independent scientists that don't believe global warming is man made. Neither does it in some way make the outright fraud of many climate scientists somehow ok.

At best, this all shows the debate is far from a settled thing.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by someguy420

How many times do I have to say this? These changes are happening to every planet in our solar system. We do need to take care of the planet, but to say that it's us causing this to happen is just absurd.

They are not going to believe you until we hit an Ice Age. Of course that could be a heck of a lot soon than we think.

The Sun has been very quiet and its energy out put has changed. The Solar System's is about to pass through the galactic plane and we have no idea of what that might cause (Space debris?) Solar flux is at a minimum and "In 2009, cosmic ray intensities have increased 19% beyond anything we've seen in the past 50 years," says Richard Mewaldt of Caltech. Svenmark linked increased cosmic rays to an increase in clouds (cooler earth) On top of all that "the [earth's] magnetic field now appears to be weakening fast." news.softpedia.com... We are also seeing an increase in seismic/volcanic activity www.detailshere.com...

Whether you believe in global warming there are two geologically based facts that I find very frightening.

These warm periods, called interglacial periods, appear to last approximately 15,000 to 20,000 years before regressing back to a cold ice age climate. At year 18,000 and counting our current interglacial vacation from the Ice Age is much nearer its end than its beginning." www.geocraft.com...

The shift from interglacial to ice Age is rapid; that is they occur within ten years.

WOODS HOLE OCEANOGRAPHIC INSTITUTION:

Evidence for abrupt climate change is readily apparent in ice cores taken from Greenland and Antarctica. One sees clear indications of long-term changes discussed above, with CO² and proxy temperature changes associated with the last ice age and its transition into our present interglacial period of warmth. But, in addition, there is a strong chaotic variation of properties with a quasi-period of around 1500 years. We say chaotic because these millennial shifts look like anything but regular oscillations. Rather, they look like rapid, decade-long transitions between cold and warm climates followed by long interludes in one of the two states. ....

This very readable compilation contains a breadth and depth of discussion that we cannot hope to match here. [ “Abrupt Climage Change,” National Academy Press, 2002].

Presently, there is only one viable mechanism identified in the report that may play a major role in determining the stable states of our climate and what causes transitions between them: It involves ocean dynamics.

Our main message is not just that, however. It is that global climate is moving in a direction that makes abrupt climate change more probable, that these dynamics lie beyond the capability of many of the models used in IPCC reports, and the consequences of ignoring this may be large. For those of us living around the edge of the N. Atlantic Ocean, we may be planning for climate scenarios of global warming that are opposite to what might actually occur....

The period of these shifts are related to changes in the tilt of Earth’s rotational axis (41,000 years), changes in the orientation of Earth’s elliptical orbit around the sun, called the “precession of the equinoxes” (23,000 years), and to changes in the shape (more round or less round) of the elliptical orbit (100,000 years). The theory that orbital shifts caused the waxing and waning of ice ages was first pointed out by James Croll in the 19th Century and developed more fully by Milutin Milankovitch in 1938.

Are We on the Brink of a 'New Little Ice Age? By Terrence Joyce, Senior Scientist, Physical Oceanography and Lloyd Keigwin, Senior Scientist, Geology & Geophysics www.whoi.edu...

For those who think the "science is settled" Here is a list of 450 Peer-Reviewed Papers Supporting Skepticism of "Man-Made" Global Warming www.populartechnology.net...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

You are correct Al Gore and Exxon are on the same page. Copenhagen is all about how they divvy up the carcass - ours

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Finally we have someone who is standing up and giving back to these people who debunk climate change or say it's not humans that are doing the damage I applaud you for this thread S & F for you my friend

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Well it's not like I'd trust the extremes on both sides.

For example the Chairman of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Pachauri was on the Board of Directors of the Indian Oil Corporation (Jan 99 to Sep 2003), the Board of Directors of GAIL (India) Ltd. (April 03 to Oct 04) and National Thermal Power Corporation Ltd (Aug 02 to Aug 05)

He studied at the Indian Railways Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering and also studied Industrial Engineering at North Carolina State University, and completed a Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering and Economics in 1974.

He is NOT even a climatologist

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by KeeperOfGenisis

oh good on you

And now that's out of the way

WHAT do you have to say in response to Exxon Mobil's chief executive, Tillerson's CHARGE on your pocket ?

as per:

“It is easier and more politically expedient to support a cap-and-trade approach, because the public will never figure out where it is hitting them,” said Tillerson. “They will just know they hurt somewhere in their pocketbook”

There's NO evidence of 'global warming'

They TRIED this already in 1958

AND in 1975

There are MORE polar bears now than five years ago

The most recent 'hottest day' was in 1938 !

There's evidence of global COOLING

The earth was hotter between the ice-ages than it is now

etc.

Do you enjoy drama and phony world-end scenarios ?

Or do you just enjoy selling them to others ?

(personally, I believe that people with no life and who want to die .. seeing they realise now that they're never going to be 'rich and famous' ... are leaping upon the phony global-warming drama because NONE of the 'world end' scenarios have come true .... NONE of the 'end of world' prophecies right here on ATS have come true .... NO 'space aliens' have come to 'save them' ... and they're petrified of having to live out the rest of their mediocre lives as nobodies. So they're leaping upon 'global warming' to satisfy their deep, disturbed need for gloom and doom. AND .. they don't care about the COST of the 'global warming' scam --- because they are unemployed, unemployable, have no money, no assets .. and figure it won't hit them in their pocket anyway )

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
What appears to be happening in all this, more than anything, is the little-discussed psychological phenomenon called "Groupthink."

Please see my post on this important subject:

Important information on Groupthink

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join