It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Global Warming Denial Movement Linked Directly to ExxonMobil: PROOF

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Elite corporate organizations are backing both sides of the argument. Just like every other non-issue that they ram down our throats, in an attempt to blind us from the theft and slavery they perpetrate on humanity.

So tell me again, how does giving more of our money to international financial oligarchs and elites, who already own 99% of the wealth of the world, in the name of reducing carbon dioxide emissions, help anyone?

Other than the elites of course.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
BREAKING NEWS:
Big Oil Behind Copenhagen Climate Scam

I linked your thread here into it already. What do you think? Kind of like all thru history the big bankers and industrialists fund and encourage both sides of most of the wars.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The argument is null and void because you can't debate climate change based on fraudulent data, politically and agenda driven bogus science in the midst of a huge scandal.

Man-Made Global Warming is a fabricated illusion.

Climate change happens naturally, and will do so without mankind even in the equation.

This is all about who gets to profit most from a natural climate cycle, and there are global forces who foresee huge profit potential resulting from their scam.

It is an economic war over money and power... The people are victims caught in between both sides of this conflict... and it is we who have the most to win or lose depending on the outcome of this war.

Wake up.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
How many times do I have to say this? These changes are happening to every planet in our solar system. We do need to take care of the planet, but to say that it's us causing this to happen is just absurd.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I find this thread very amusing.

People who believe anthropogenic Global Warming are fools. The Earth has had many climate fluctuations over the history of the planet and to think that Humans can influence this is unreal. People talk about deforestation and burning of fossil fuels is causing global warming really do not understand how the planet works. The majority of the CO2 is absorbed by the oceans.

I think either way the big oil companies will win and end up making money...the same way Chevron purchased all of the lithium-ion battery patents when they felt threatened by them.

I think us, as semi-intelligent bipedal apes should become less dependent on fossil fuels and such because it is not good for our health. We poison our water, we poison the ocean and we poison the ground. Way before "global warming" will ever have an effect to kill us we will run out of farmland and drinking water.

To me this is just the elite's way of finding more ways to control the lay people and limit what we do. If they can keep taxing us idiots that never ask any questions well why not? If we ask questions and become informed about subjects that the government informs us about we take away that power.

To me it doesn't matter what anyone tells me, what matters is facts. As said in a previous post the temperature of the Earth has raised and fallen quite recently with the "little ice age."

And don't get me wrong I think we should be more "clean" and stop just taking from the Earth. No species can survive with this process as most successful species have always maintained balance, which for some reason we cannot even begin to achieve. I think what "they" are trying to achieve with the "green" movement is great but I don't think the rich should get richer in the process.

Sorry for the Rant.

Pred...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by someguy420

Proof? You judging those planets temperatures based on pictures?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I read everything you posted, and honestly tried to see it your way.

However, I just couldn't get passed the fact that Cop15's main goal is a carbon tax to fund the new world order (are you for a one world government?)

And I'm sorry, but global warming has already been debunked? Mars is heating up. I hope you don't tell me that Earths carbon is reaching Mars.

As far as I am aware the world is cooling anyways.

Did those leaked e-mails not mean anything to you?

Carbon tax = Less people using fuel to save money. Of course oil companies are going to try to end the global warming lie. If your sitting there being charged with murder and you have the alibi on the table to get you out of it, of course your going to pick it up and slam it into the judges face. (not literally I hope)

Global Warming Denier.

Guess I'll have to add that to my list...

Y2K Denier
Tooth Fairy Denier
Nose goblin Denier
Global Warming Denier

[edit on 7-12-2009 by The_Zomar]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
Maybe these companies are supporting both side of the argument.

They are. This is from one of the emails from the CRU.

Anyway, you're being pretty hard-working, aren't you? I mean on the front page of ATS right now there are two big headlines with the title "Global Warming Denial"-something. I can't stand that term. It doesn't reflect the reality. Because nobody is denying Climate Change. What quite a lot of scientists are actually saying is that we can't know for sure how much we humans contribute and to what extent Climate Change is constantly changing our environment.

Of course there are some silly people saying that Global Warming is a "hoax" - these are mostly some confused kids here on ATS and not the scientists who disagree with the IPCC. Suggested read.

By the way, what people like you are basically trying to do is to ostracize any scientifc debate. Calling people who disagree "denier" is an attempt to demonize- because who wants to be a "denier" of the one and only truth?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nickmare
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

People do cherry pick on both sides. I didn't understand the graph though. Doesn't that prove it is getting warmer? Just not steadily.

Why only go that far back as well. For instance:

www.ncdc.noaa.gov...

The first two graphs in the link I provided, are comparing Arctic Temperature trends to the Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation, and the Pacific Decadal Oscillation. The AMO and PDO are both well documented natural cycles which drive atmospheric weather patterns, and they directly relate to Oceanic Currents. When you compare the two graphs, you notice a very distinct and in fact blatant correlation between the AMO/PDO, and the temperature variations in the Arctic region. Subsequently, it is deducted from such that the observed Arctic Temperature fluctuations are natural in nature.

The second set of graphs are comparing Russian temperature monitoring stations data-sets and projections, to those of the CRU (Which has, as we know, been extremely compromised). The Russian graph displays the likewise variation of a natural and known cycle, and it also displays a temperature descent taking place right around the Millennium, whereas the CRU graph follows the lines of Michael Mann's "Hockey Stick" Temperature jump, and coincidentally enough, the data that Dr. Mann used shares itself with the CRU. Notice how out of the two graphs (The Russian vs. The CRU), the Russian projection has so far proven CORRECT, whereas the CRU projection has so far proven INCORRECT.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

I notice a lot of people saying Mars is warming. We don't have thermostats on Mars.

I think this originated because of pictures of the ice cap on Mars.

They (NASA) measures how much radiance is emitted by the Sun on Mars, and it is lowering, so that can't be it.

Mars temperatures can change by degrees every year. And if the ice cap is melting, it doesn't show that Mars is warming.

You have to understand, while we have a lot of data on Mars compared to other planets...it is nothing compared to Earth, and we can't even come to a consensus that Earth is warming. The other planet stuff is hooey.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by Nickmare]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Ah, I see. Hence mentioning AGW specifically.

Well, the first set of graphs does intrigue me, but I don't have time to read more about the science behind this stuff right now.

Thanks for the summarized explanation.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
i have no proof of this either way, but if i were to make an educated guess, id say that global warming is the conspiracy here. ive seen no signs it exsits, and where i am, its actaulyl getting colder every year.
who knows for sure though.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I for one, do not deny the existence of global warming. I just don't believe humans have as big of an impact as its made to seem. I think going green is a great idea. We should do things to help out the environment because we live in it.
I'm more than just a little bit weary of the government fear mongering to hastily push bills through that could potentially have dire effects on us.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

For crying out loud not again....

"All those who doubt AGW are linked to Exxonmobile"...

Of course since you can't refute the hundreds of peer reviewed research, and the thousands of scientists, including scientis who participated on the IPCC who disagree with the claims of your idols, people like you have to resort to the dumbest, most illogical, and childish claims...

Get a life.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mc_squared
What all this implies is that you have all been tricked into becoming unknowing (and unpaid!) mouthpieces for a very dirty corporate agenda.

With the emails that were hacked which show that Mann, Jones, et al are ALL CORRUPT TO THE BONE, and they even exchange comments that "IT SHOULD GET WARMER" yet nature did not play along with them. These leaked emails show that you, and every other person is an "unwilling mouhtpiece for liars, and for politicians trying to make a buck from "naive Joe, and naive Jane ...."

Scientists depend on grants, and funds to do their work, and it is a known fact that many scientists have lost funding, and even their jobs for "doubting Anthropogenic Global Warming"...

Those who are proponents of the AGW get more funding "because they are in the bandwagon on the topic of AGW", so if we follow your line of reasoning EVERYONE who is a proponent of the AGW claims is a paid kook as well....

I have to wonder where this fact fits in your claims that "everyone is a paid kook"....

Really, you should grow the hell up and understand that "everyone is NOT a paid kook"... Only a paid kook will claim others are paid kooks, so YOU must be a paid kook...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Nickmare

What is hooey is your claim. It is not only Mars, but every planet in the Solar System has been undergoing extreme Climate Changes in the form of WARMING at the same time Earth has been undergoing such changes.

Even NASA research done by Wilson shows that the Sun's activity had been increasing until at least 2002, which was the last year of data that was investigted, and it showed that the Sun's activity had been increasing in the 24 year of investigation.

Previous research done by the Plank institute shows that the Sun's activity had been increasing for about 60-80 years until the 1970s, and Wilson's research shows that since the 1970s until at least 2002 the Sun's activity was still INCREASING..... So your claim that the Sun's irradiance was decreasing is hoagwash!!!

[edit on 7-12-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
who said global warming wasnt happening? It was my understanding that the controversy of global warming was the basis that it isn't man made.... not that it isn't happening.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I think either side will always come up with the data they need to support their claims. Hell I could get some expert to certify that I am JFK reincarnated if I can come up with enough money.

Which side is rite and which should go pound sand? I don't know, and once I figure out how to make a six passenger human powered transport I won't care.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe that man, in the last 120 years, is responsible for warming that started 18000 years ago.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

All right, let's take a deep breath.

Do we know the temperature changes on all planets? We have the most information about Mars, and I would still say no when talking about it.

Talking about sun irradiance:

ftp.pmodwrc.ch...

Are you sure Wilson was talking about irradiance, or was it sunspot activity?

The sun has probably not changed temperatures by more then 5% in the last billion or so years.

Editing: changing links since first didn't work

By the way, even if it was true the sun's sunspot activity is increasing, I haven't seen any correlations to warming, or any data showing a warming on any planet. I'll take a look for you when I get time though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join