It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Global Warming Denial Movement Linked Directly to ExxonMobil: PROOF

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I am going to but my trust in the The Old Farmers Almanac. Over 100 years of being on the spot. They earned my and my family's trust.

That and a man that spent 25 years in the north pole who's recordings shows the earth has been cooling. While all the computer modules that use estimated and some time flat out wrong data, say its warming.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Nickmare

Whatever.

You have managed not to adress a single point I have raised, which shows where the ignorance lies.

Like I said, there is nothing new in anything you say - and I don't need ANY kind of tips from someone who blags to that extent.

Instead, you have attempted to preach, which certainly shows arrogance, but not knowledge.

Everything I've posted has been researched to the nth degree - your answer? anything can be found on the internet

Really?
Ya don't say...

Can you answer the simple question as to why the roamn and medievil warm periods occurred, as well as the little ice age?
Can you answer why with much higher temperatures and higher concentrations of CO2 the planet didn't die?
Can you answer any of the points raised, or will you attempt to deflect and obfuscate?

My money is on door number 2.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

By the way, you are taking everything you read against global warming as fact. The same as anyone in the opposite camp.

You need to leave the conspiracy boards, and realize there are many studies you haven't read. I know at least that medieval warming periods for instance, have been shown to be incorrect in a number of studies. They basically take temperatures at a very specific location, and equate it to the whole world.

I haven't studied the rest much. But I won't deny the possibility.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Maybe these companies are supporting both side of the argument.

They win either way.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
If you can watch the entire speech, with all charts and evidence presented, from Nobel Laureate Lord Christopher Monckton and still believe in global warming then you have a place to speak. But right now you are presenting non science - nonsence

If you desire to watch this speech it will be about an hour and a half of you life. You can find it toward the bottom of page one on the link that is within my signature file below.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
question.
When has the United States government ever backed anything based on truthful information, and didnt revolve around making more money for themselves, as individuals?
the answer is never. Would a politician make more money lying about climate change, and taxing an already 'taxed to death' public that can reject such taxing legally, or through an organized effort by companies that had the biggest profits in history, when everyone else lost money?

Remeber that class in school when teachers spoke of ice ages, and how close we may be to the next one? If you weren't high, you might remember and may have even done your own studies on the subject.
Have you ever been to Michigan? every year the snowfalls break the last year's record, winter gets LONGER and LONGER, and IT SNOWED IN JULY!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
If Big Oil is so bad, how on Earth is the CRU also getting funded by Shell & Exxon?

Climategate: CRU looks to “big oil” for support

wattsupwiththat.com...

[edit on 7-12-2009 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

You haven't raised any points.

For instance. Medieval Global Warming...For such an expert on search functionality, you should have come across a site called Google by now?

www.grist.org...

[edit on 7-12-2009 by Nickmare]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrysniper
And all of those companies forced those scientist to artifically adjust values to back up their claims of anthropogenic climate change.

And all of those companies have been manipulating the climate with their weather machines to cool the planet, while claiming it is warming. Oh, and lets not forget their weather manipulation machines that control the sun, and the climates on mars, jupiter, europa, saturn, neptune, and uranus.

PLEASE, no, No, NO!!! I cannot take it anymore, the truth is BLINDING!!!

Lol, you have made some very valid points indeed.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nickmare
reply to post by budski

You can find anything on the internet. Doesn't make it true.

For instance, temperatures going down since 1998. That was shown to be cherry picked values.

Is AGW debunked now? Because data was manipulated?

Stop making snide remarks, and bordering on making personal insults. It doesn't help your case and makes you look bad.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by Nickmare]

"Cherry Picked" data is the only way to display the actual Temperature decline which has taken place? Check out the graphs here:

Pre-1970 Arctic Temperature Pattern

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I dont post very often... hardly at all to be honest.
On this topic though.... which is probably one of the most hotly debated topics of the past few decades... I must say... It's a fraud, It's ALL biased info from BOTH sides. There are agenda's to be pushed from either angle. But, in my own idiotic opinion which aint worth 2 bits to anyone else, there is no such thing as the boogey man, no such thing as a free lunch, and by god there is no such thing as man made global warming.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
This is not true. If the Government wanted to put an end to emissions they would lay down mass restrictions. Think about it. A carbon tax is created - the public believe it was manifested for a good reason, because of Global Warming. How else could they push that bill through? Other than by means of creating a "Global Threat," then offering you (the people) a solution to it. Think about it long and hard. They are playing you friend and foe. Just to create more dollars. Brilliant, but deceptive, one in the same. When I refer to Government, I am referring to the Military-Industrial Complex (Including the oil companies themselves). Which, is the Government. And of course the oil companies will then combat the Global Warming Theory, this is because they want to protect their personal interests. If a legislation changed, or shift of power occured in the future, they would of still had "officially" planted their seed.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by Paradox.]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Those greedy companies are all responsible for this...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
Those greedy companies are all responsible for this...

That has to be the most shameless and disgusting of commercials. Not to mention the fact that they are obviously evoking the images from 9/11 of people jumping out of windows and falling from skyscrapers.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Wow - this "before you reply" stuff is pretty intense. Anyhow, this is one case where I am completely open and willing to jump in the sack with big oil to prevent any substantial developments occurring in Denmark. The reason: I am vehemently against the formation of a single global body having the final say over 192 nations under its rule.

LOL - by the way, apparently hundreds if not thousands of protesters are converging in Copenhagen. One question: why? I mean, the nations and delegates attending the Summit are actively TRYING to create a consensus on collective environmental action. Isn't the point of protesting to go AGAINST what is being discussed on the inside?

Did I miss a turn somewhere? Since when do protests reinforce the views and aspirations of those in power?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

People do cherry pick on both sides. I didn't understand the graph though. Doesn't that prove it is getting warmer? Just not steadily.

Why only go that far back as well. For instance:

www.ncdc.noaa.gov...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I can’t help it, but this is one of the funniest threads I have ever read, the OP is either a comedic genius, or an admitted fool… (I must say, before I decided to write this, I thought to myself… if you do dit, you get in trouble… I do dit!) Here is why I say that…

So I click on this thread and I start to read… to which this is the first paragraph that had me laughing pretty dang good…

Originally posted by mc_squared
Ok so in light of my last thread You have all gotten in bed with the enemy, where I basically made vague insinuations that big oil executives are the ones behind all the "Global Warming is a hoax" propaganda, I decided to go out and do some research and see if I could back up my words with more tangible, documented evidence.

This person admits they started a thread with a hypothesis, and then after arguing his point, only then does he decide to go out and find proof? I couldn’t help but laugh, we have all gotten in bed, but he hasn’t even begun to research anything yet, but we are all in bed… That was damn funny! (BTW has anyone actually read his links? That has me laughing as well… EXXON is behind Major Global Warming Denial???… Yet they help fund research… muuuhahahahaha!!!) MCGW nutjobs scientist are caught lying and destroying data, but by god Exxon gave money for research so you guys are just as bad… Ohhh hahahahaha, heeee hahahahaha, ahhhh ooohh hahahahaha!

Well as I continued laughing at that complete nonsense I decided to read what others had to say… perhaps something else would continue this laughing feast I find myself in… and by god I was right…

Originally posted by mc_squared
*facepalm*

The majority of the comments so far show exactly why none of you guys get it.

"it's all about the money!"

"the government's out to get me!"

"they want to tax us all to DEATH!"

You guys have such a ridiculously oversimplified view of how real conspiracies work and because of that none of you seem to be able to see the forest for the trees.

This is what makes you complete puppets to the real NWO. They don't need any new schemes to get your money - they already have you completely wrapped around their greasy fingers.

The Global Warming issue is a huge threat to THEIR sovereignty, not yours.

Why?

Because it gives YOU a chance to finally figure it out. You think you have it all figured out right now but the truth is you are being manipulated into sticking your head that much further into the sand. I'm not here to antagonize you over this - I want to help you pull it out.

But you guys seriously have to step down from your soapboxes for a minute, and stop letting all your fear and frustration cloud your better judgement. This is how they manipulate you, and right now it's working like a charm.

That is by far the funniest damn thing I have ever read… The way you stick it to the man is give him more power over our lives, more control and more money…. While we become poorer and lose more freedoms… To do anything less and you are helping the New World Order Achieve their goals… OOOHHH HAHAHAHAAHA EEEEEHHHH HAHAHAHA (I can’t) AAAAHHHH HAHAHAHA (I can’t breathe) OOOHHH HAHAHAHAHAHA!

oh wait... whew... wait...

I just don’t know which one mc_squared is yet, he is one or the other… I’ll let you guys decide that, I just can’t stop laughing! Oooohhh hahahahahaha

--Charles Marcello

[edit on 7-12-2009 by littlebunny]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Can somebody answer my question.

Why has the sea level where I live not risen at all in 30 years ?

It appears if anything to have gone down.

This is a straight forward observation, not taking any sides, not involving corrupt science, politicians, or big business.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I think this whole problem is a joke on the tax payer. You guys honestly think Al Gore or Exxon care who wins or loses? The facts will be that the credit tax will hit worldwide, Exxon has enough money to purchase mass shares. If I was an Exxon leader I would start my own company and provide cheap cap for my companies, while maintaining a profit from both sides.

I believe that both sides are on the same side. Exxon just wants stir up the pot so they could get more support from people, I will guarantee that Exxon will jump on the wagon when the time comes.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
This argument always makes me laugh because Activists never see who is actually pulling their strings. Checkout ActivistCash

Greenpeace, with e-mails to CRU is funded by the Rockefeller Foundations - all four, along with Sierra Club and WWF. Maurice Strong ,father of Environmentalism/Global Warming and Al Gore's good buddy is a trustee of the Rockefeller foundation and the head of not one but THREE oil companies. The Rockefeller Foundations are founded on Standard Oil Money. Exxon is a spin-off of Standard Oil and still owned by the Rockefellers.

Greenpeace is a United Nations NGO
"Very few of even the larger international NGOs are operationally democratic, in the sense that members elect officers or direct policy on particular issues," notes Peter Spiro. "Arguably it is more often money than membership that determines influence, and money more often represents the support of centralized elites, such as major foundations, than of the grass roots." The CGG has benefited substantially from the largesse of the MacArthur, Carnegie, and Ford Foundations. www.afn.org...

Maurice Strong is a member of the Club of Rome:

"The common enemy of humanity is man.
In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the
idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages
, famine and the like would fit the bill. All these dangers are caused
by human intervention, and it is only through changed attitudes
and behavior that they can be overcome.
The real enemy then, is humanity itself."

- Richard Haass, Club of Rome Document, 1991
“The First Global Revolution” p. 71,75 1993

Now what was that about the AGW/environmental movement not being in the pay of the oil companies???

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join