It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many people think they could do better at school now?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
No way...why look to the past when the present and the future hold such great possibilities?

I had many great times in high school, college, and grad school...those times were great, but the present is also great because I get to be alive. I like to keep the past in the past, good or bad, and a positive frame of mind about the future. Don't get me wrong, I like to reminisce about the from time to time, but I try not to live too much in the past. As for the present, when things go wrong or I hit a rough patch, I try to shrug it off and keep moving forward without regrets.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LususNaturae

What annoyed me most about school was the whole pettiness about uniforms and hair rules. For me that had nothing to do with education. But then, I experienced the last generation of apartheid "Christian National Education" - a dying system fighting back very hard at the time.
I wonder how strict other countries were on hair-rules, uniforms, discipline and so forth?
Despite the fact that the segregated white schools in the late 1980s were preparations for the apartheid army, I am grateful, because without a good teacher somewhere I wouldn't be able to write these posts.
Education for the black majority has plummeted further under the ANC, and many today finish high school practically illetarate and unemployable because of something called "outcomes based education".

new topics

<< 1   >>

join