It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran complains to Switzerland about Islamic rights but they Send Christians to Prison.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Talk about double standards, Iran wants Islamic rights in Europe but they send Christians, apostates and gay orientating people to prison and yet it is a big issue for them to complain about such an issue of Minarets in Switzerland. I guess they don’t care about the Christian rights in Somalia since that is becoming Islamised too. Again it points to the conspiracy to islamise the world as commanded by their prophet and the free world lets it happen. Remember Islam is not just a religion it is the whole package with the law and traditions, the Islamic laws really don't like non-Muslims or another religion or minorities and by shaking hands with it is like being passive to a python and saying it won't eat you.

Now you have Iran telling Europe what to do, this is what happens when these countries get Nukes they will with fear dictate, they won't even have to spell it out for you, the PC brigade will just say yes because they are deep down scared by the fanatical sensitivities of Islam and the racial emotional blackmail that comes with it. At the end of the day every country can impose itself, America does it but on the other hand let these renegade countries with poor human rights have the same power and tell me it would be a better world for everyone?
This to me is just the start and I believe there are either some blind people in Europe or some corrupt people who want this to happen, then the uprising of some world leader saying they have the solution to the problem. I guess Iran are ready for the 12th Imam to appear but only once Iran like Iraq once did stirs up the world with rhetoric on the fence politically incorrect language which no one trusts and incites their own self destruction.

But since Europe is fighting back against Islam in small amounts, the islamic world will defend it, and with the increased weapons I believe that a war could break out of nothing.

Iran warns Switzerland over minaret ban.

Iranian foreign minister warns Swiss of 'consequences' over minaret ban; 'values such as tolerance, dialogue and respecting others’ religions should never be put to referendum,' he says
AFP

Iran warned Switzerland on Saturday of “consequences” over a referendum banning the building of new mosque minarets and urged Bern not to enforce the ban, the official IRNA news agency reported.

The vote went “against the prestige of a country which claims to be an advocate of democracy and human rights,” Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki told Swiss counterpart Micheline Calmy-Rey in a telephone call, quoted by IRNA.

In what is being called 'huge surprise,' about 57.5% of citizens accept far-right call to oppose 'Islamization of Switzerland'. Result certain to embarrass country's neutral government
Full Story

Mottaki said last week’s referendum would “damage Switzerland’s image as a pioneer of respecting human rights among Muslims’ public opinion.”

“Values such as tolerance, dialogue and respecting others’ religions should never be put to referendum,” he argued, warning Switzerland of the “consequences” of anti-Islamic acts, IRNA reported.

The foreign minister hoped the Bern government would soon “take necessary steps and find a constitutional way to prevent imposition of the ban.”
'Support Muslim rights'
IRNA said Switzerland’s ambassador in Tehran was summoned on Saturday before the foreign ministry, which protested against the minaret ban which was backed by more than 57% of voters who cast their ballot on November 29.

Calmy-Rey said the referendum was carried out against the will of the Swiss government, which would “use all its means to support Muslims rights,” the IRNA report added.

The referendum on a constitutional ban on minarets was proposed by a rightwing Swiss party and had not been expected to succeed.

Besides the government, the ban was opposed by the bulk of Switzerland’s political parties as well as the economic establishment.

It drew widespread criticism from the United Nations, Muslim states, fellow European countries and the Vatican.

Text

www.ynetnews.com...

[edit on 6-12-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
They are indeed pretty horrific double standards, as you've rightly pointed out, but then the USA attempting to dictate who can and can't develop nuclear weapons when they sit on a massive stockpile themselves is also hypocritical.

Governments the world over are great at picking and choosing when they want to defend principles, and when they prefer to ignore them.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roark
They are indeed pretty horrific double standards, as you've rightly pointed out, but then the USA attempting to dictate who can and can't develop nuclear weapons when they sit on a massive stockpile themselves is also hypocritical.

Governments the world over are great at picking and choosing when they want to defend principles, and when they prefer to ignore them.

At least the USA has taken steps to reduce its stockpile, do you think Iran will ever do so?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Who knows? They haven't got a stockpile yet. Hopefully they never will. There's enough idiots with big red buttons already.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
My attitude is live-and-let-live.

If Iran wants sharia law, that's their business. If their people are comfortable with no rights for women, stonings, honor killings and other backward BS, that's their business. But if they want to bring their primitive religious extremism to other countries, it's time to stomp on their efforts. Like right now.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Do you trust Iran and the fanatics with advanced weapons and technology, they make social war over people because they say something wrong about their religion and they ban basic human rights. A country that lacks understanding in human nature and double standards should not have these weapons, that is why the global governments do not trust them, plus they are suicidle and think it is a blessing to die in war and is in preparation for the 12 imam prophet to solve the crises.

They should do an international deal, you build a mirent and we build a church in Iran, why don't they respond in that way so we can expose their intolerance and adgenda of worldwide Islamic rule. This has happened before in the history books, we had the Crusades to stop it and made Europe Christian again and free again.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
First I have heard about Iran sending Christians to jail, do you have any credible sources for this?
Also, the Gay thing, there are plenty of Christians who'd like to see Gay people in jail too, and maybe even a few stoned as a warning to others about the nastiness of back door shenanigans!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I'll do a search later for the Christian imprisonment issue

One thing I have read in the msm and quite recently, was where muslims were driving out with violence, Greek Orthodox clergy and believers, in Turkey

And it was in Turkey in the last year or two also, where Christians were murdered by Muslims within a Christian church

Christians don't fare too well in Egypt either, apparently

Quite recently I stopped listening to the words ' Islam religion of peace'

and instead, started taking a good look at what Muslims DO

not what they say .. and say ... and say

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

I can't imagine Iranians imprisoning Christians, seeing as how they have a large Jewish community too.
Conversely, Christians are persecuted in Israel by Orthodox Jews and are often openly spat on in the street.

See, all organised religions have their crazies and moderates, which is why I have always steered clear of organised religion and all it stands for. If those of even the same Faith cannot agree with each other, and set up so many different splinter groups / sects, each certain that their way is the right way and openly critical of how others interpret the holy book, then how can any of them call themselves a religion of peace? Take that step further, where even Christians (allegedly) seem to ignore the old "Thou shalt not kill" commandment and cheer on war based on their religious beliefs!

Crazy, all of 'em!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

You're entitled to your opinions, as are we all

However, it's good to remember they're only opinions and may have no basis at all in fact

Facts are what count

And it's a fact that nowhere in current Christian teachings do clergy exhort believers to kill those not of the faith .... with a promise that the killers will become martyrs and be granted ' 77 white, blonde virgins'

Islam is a culture, no mere 'religion'

In the West, there must be clear division between Chuch and State .. right ?

But not Islam

For example, the BBC made a documentary widely-viewed and accessible online, about a young Muslim girl who'd been raped from the age of around nine by one of the village big-men some 30 or so years her senior and also her employer

When the girl became pregnant by her rapist, she was ... under Islamic 'law' (religion) deemed a 'prostitute'

Prostitutes of course are hanged under Islamic 'law slash religion' (no separation there)

In order to defend herself, the girl told the judges (they were also islamic clerics .. no separation at all) that she was pregnant because she'd been raped continually by her married employer (much married ... muslims are polygamous, right ? culture, law and religion all in one handy package)

Well, that caused her even more problems .. because under Islamic 'law slash culture slash religion) if a woman claims she has been raped, she must produce FIVE muslim males prepared to testify in her defence as witnesses to the rapes

Under Islamic law slash religion slash culture (no division at ALL) females are considered 'dishonest, unreliable, untrustworthy'

The entire village was of course aware that the muslim much-married man had been raping the child for years. Yet not ONE of those muslim males would stand up for the child. Not one

Therefore, under Islamic law/religion/culture .. the judges (muslim males) sentenced the girl to hang

And hang she did. Hanged in daylight in the hot, dusty village square

Oh, lots of people came to witness that civilized spectacle. It was filmed. You can buy the DVD and watch it yourself

And there, amongs those muslim spectators, stood the rapist --- casually smoking as he watched his young rape victim and his own unborn child being savagely hanged

Then, the rapist walked away. Walked free. Freed by Islamic law/culture/religion

And the girl's body continued to swing there at the end of the rope

We must wonder how long she was left to swing there in the heat ?

Did they leave her there long enough for the crows to come and pick out and eat her eyes and tongue ? Because that's what happens and it doesn't take long .. birds are always looking for their next meal .. they have baby birds to feed, after all

And we must wonder how long it took the rapist's unborn child to die there in its dead young mother's womb ?

The foetus wouldn't have died as soon as the girl died. So how long would it have taken before that little unborn child died ?

Do those 'learned' and 'civilized' and 'peace-loving' islamic 'clerics' know ?

Wonder how Allah feels about fundamentalist islamic 'law/culture/religion' ?

Will the rapist still get himself ' 77 white blonde virgins' when HE dies ?

Questions, questions, huh ?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
What a harrowing story, but many people, both adults and children have found themselves sexually abused by our pious clergy for centuries too.
Then there are all the beatings of women, rapes, murders etc carried out by western males. Ok, this may not be religious based but it happens, and happens a lot when you look at the figures for many western nations.

We may not dress our crimes up as religious law, but a crime is still a crime. I don't allow myself to be clouded by any religious claptrap and look at the actions themselves. When you do this, you see that maybe we are just as barbarous as those we are supposed to hate.

So, is the continual rape and subsequent murder of this girl any worse than a rape and murder in our much more civilised world? I think not. as the outcome is the same.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Hey again, Dock9!

I've got to say, it doesn't appear that you know much about "islam law slash religion slash culture", but you apparently DO have a flair for dramatic prose. Again, I'd be happy if you could provide some reliable news sources for this "poor nine year old girl who was raped by her thirty some employer, and then hanged for it with her baby till the birds pecked her eyes out". I swear I have no interest in buying it, but could you also provide a link showing where you can buy the DVD of this horrific event?

Thanks again!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
There are lots of videos about Iran's intollerance on youtube, you can search these events your self you know they practice what they preach because of Islamic Law. People still need to see this peaceful tolerant religion in practice with harmony with other sects.

It is a shame that not as much is filmed and is covered up, it's not about where is the proof it is when will people get it?

Remember Jews and Churches in Iran predate Islam it self.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The problem is that they practice what they preach and actually have them as laws in Iran and once populations grow in Europe the momentum of extreamism falls into the law of averages but people don't think that far ahead these days so it will creep up on your freedoms.

Some quotes here provide the backdrop behind closed doors of the psychology of Islam and why some countries have some laws that are extreame to us and why some people behave in certain ways when reading about the life of what is supposed to be the perfect man. In the West the perfect man was Christ and in the MiddleEast it is Muhammad, is there a difference in culture between the two?

Ishaq:530 "Get out of his way, you infidel unbelievers. Every good thing goes with the Apostle. Lord, I believe in his word. We will fight you about its interpretations as we have fought you about its revelation with strokes that will remove heads from shoulders and make enemies of friends."
Text

Since when has anyone taking these type of verses seriously in today's modern world, maybe in Africa or somewhere Iran to maybe?

Qur'an:9:112 "The Believers fight in Allah's Cause, they slay and are slain, kill and are killed."
Text

Happens in Somalia I think, maybe in Pakistan and India, maybe since the year 700AD.

Ishaq:324 "He said, 'Fight them so that there is no more rebellion, and religion, all of it, is for Allah only. Allah must have no rivals.'"
Text

Who are these rivals? Like those in Switzerland?

Ishaq:587 "Our onslaught will not be a weak faltering affair. We shall fight as long as we live. We will fight until you turn to Islam, humbly seeking refuge. We will fight not caring whom we meet. We will fight whether we destroy ancient holdings or newly gotten gains. We have mutilated every opponent. We have driven them violently before us at the command of Allah and Islam. We will fight until our religion is established. And we will plunder them, for they must suffer disgrace."
Text

Come on don't tell me they still do this like in 2010, what year did they say stop this command?

Tabari IX:25 "By Allah, I did not come to fight for nothing. I wanted a victory over Ta'if so that I might obtain a slave girl from them and make her pregnant."
Text

Does anyone recall that women still need 4 witnesses for this act?

Qur'an 4:142 "Surely the hypocrites strive to deceive Allah. He shall retaliate by deceiving them."
Text

Did not Jesus Christ warn us about decievers?

Bukhari:V6B60N8 "Umar said, 'Our best Qur'an reciter is Ubai. And in spite of this, we leave out some of his statements because Allah's Apostle himself said, "Whatever verse or revelation We abrogate or cause to be forgotten We bring a better one."
Text

But I thought they said the Bible had been tampered with and corrupted, now who is doing the changing?

Bukhari:V2B24N555 "I heard the Prophet say, 'Allah hates for you for asking too many questions.'"
Text

Stop confusing him the book is not finnished yet.

Qur'an 13:27 "Say, 'God leads whosoever He wills astray.'"
Text

In my Bible that is called the Devil but of course Jesus Christ was made to look good so they were telling a lie about him when he warned us about the Devil's nature.

Qur'an 8:59 "The infidels should not think that they can get away from us. Prepare against them whatever arms and weaponry you can muster so that you may terrorize them."
Text

Yes once you get Nukes I am sure the world will be a happy place once more and I hope Ahmajinedad is being a good Apostle while he takes note of these verses.

Bukhari:V4B52N260 "The Prophet said, 'If a Muslim discards his religion, kill him.'"
Qur'an 5:51 "Believers, take not Jews and Christians for your friends."

Text

Since when has these Muslim countries acted in such a way in Internantional deplomacy or in the cities or at work or when a Muslim becomes a Christian or dates some Hindu?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

A tragic and evil injustice, how do those people live with themselves, no conscience whatsoever I guess.

There was a video of a very graphic stoning of a girl because she dated the wrong guy, it was very explicit, very nasty.

Also the case in Afghanistan where they were going to execute a christian just for being a christian, but as you can imagine, the Americans put tremendous pressure on the government not to do it. So they deported him instead, his own parents had turned him in to be killed.

People say don't judge a culture, fine, but like it's been said don't try and export that stupidity to those that have progressed beyond that level of brutality.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by Blue_Jay33]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
It is not about being biast it is about human rights, I don't agree on mass abortions anymore, maybe one or two percent have real motives but today it seems like a fashion tool like divorcing every 3 years.
I don't agree with the death penalty, we no longer have it in Europe and America seems to always get the innocents or the changed person to die.

But that is this western culture, we have problems too, but by far we are free and lucky, we can think outside the box.

We say how the USA and Europe is coming to a New World Order but compared to Iran, Saudi Arabia, Darfur, Somalia and China we are way behind this Matrix mind control system.

We try hard to keep those freedoms and we expose every smell of population control they have on us and by doing so acting as the nations immune system to obtain those freedoms.

The world has been too quiet about famine and human rights, it is about time it was exposed where the news does not have an outlet like we do, many have tried to expose it but have been killed by it, be it journalists or peacekeepers or charity workers.

new topics

top topics

join