It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA to Launch W.I.S.E on Friday, concern about Planet X

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
NASA to Launch W.I.S.E on Friday, concern about InfraRed Objects.

No earlier than Friday NASA’s latest space telescope will launch to scan the sky in search of never-before-seen planets, asteroids, comets, stars and galaxies, with one of its main tasks to catalog objects posing a danger to Earth. The sky-mapping WISE, or Wide-Field Infrared Survey Explorer will orbit some 325 miles above the Earth and produce the most detailed map yet of the cosmos. It is designed to detect objects that give off infrared light or heat. Just in time for 2012.

Infrared light is ideal for uncovering dusty, cold and unknown objects that often can’t be seen by optical telescopes.

Planet X (Nibiru) is thought to be only visible to Infra Red as it emits no light although NASA will deny the existence of Nibiru.

Linky
www.doomdaily.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

It is cool that they are launching the telescope.
But seriously, Planet X is only visible in infrared?

Good lord, people really WANT to believe that the crap Sitchen writes about is true.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I believe there is one true Nibiru photo of it, the story goes with it that the Vatican has hidden secrets about (ufos,secret nazis documents from WW2, and other documents all hidden deep underground at the vatican)

Yes even documents of nibiru, the whereabouts or the location, and maybe they also have documents of real stargates.

All hidden from us.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
This sounds right in line with Wernher Von Braun's prediction to Carol Rosin about a hoaxed threat from space.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Planet X is rela we base there and alliens do to.how to i know this becease am a freemason we have info you dont have

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
All objects warmer than absolute zero (and therefore all objects) emit infrared radiation. It takes a pretty warm object to emit visible light. Mars does not emit visible light. Earth does not emit visible light. Asteroids do not emit visible light. Yet we can see all of these things. Why is that you ask? It is because the Sun emits loads of visible light and that light is reflected by Mars, and Earth, and asteroids. We don't need infrared telescopes to see any of them. If Nibiru (which is not planet X) did exist and if it was anywhere in the solar system, we would not need an infrared telescope to see it.

The very sensitive infrared detector on WISE will make it possible to discover small objects like asteroids which are too small to reflect much visible light.

[edit on 12/6/2009 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

If Nibiru (which is not planet X) did exist.....

I am having a head scratching moment... Is there an actual Planet X? (besides whatever they named the one(s) they found past Pluto).

And as for the guy who claims to be a freemason, and you have info the rest of us dont have- I am guessing that info doesn't include basic grammar and spelling, does it?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
no we talk in code too dump a###and i allways tape code for a reason

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by komp_uk

Complete nonsense! The linked website containing the article says it all...

"Doom Daily"

Need I say more?

IRM

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
we alot ship stuff and going to the on base plant x and sorry if cant read my code am typing for the f.bi. is here coping taking data on us web site

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
PLanet X or Nibiru Will only be real when it is seen in space from THIS planet by the naked eye. So until then this is a myth and a myth only.I am still waiting to see a unicorn. ('
')

[edit on 6-12-2009 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
maya,
Bad grammar does not a good code make, Mason or not lol...

Komp,
Props to you for at least placing this thread in skunk works forum.

Thanks,
Vance

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
All objects warmer than absolute zero (and therefore all objects) emit infrared radiation. It takes a pretty warm object to emit visible light. Mars does not emit visible light. Earth does not emit visible light. Asteroids do not emit visible light. Yet we can see all of these things. Why is that you ask? It is because the Sun emits loads of visible light and that light is reflected by Mars, and Earth, and asteroids. We don't need infrared telescopes to see any of them. If Nibiru (which is not planet X) did exist and if it was anywhere in the solar system, we would not need an infrared telescope to see it.

The very sensitive infrared detector on WISE will make it possible to discover small objects like asteroids which are too small to reflect much visible light.

You're being a bit of a pendant there. And Earth does emit visible light

Can more near-earth/solar-system objects be picked up in IR than in visible light?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Perhaps this " Nibiru" is not visible with regular light is because its just ...... INVISIBLE.

Yet why would it be invisible you ask ??? perhaps because IT DOES NOT EXIST.

and when these loons don't detect it with infrared light, ... they'll say its only visible with microwaves, ... or that its a multidimensional planet that can only be detected with Tachyon waves, ....

before they heat up another hot pocket and watch some more Star Trek.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

Perhaps this " Nibiru" is not visible with regular light is because its just ...... INVISIBLE.

Yet why would it be invisible you ask ??? perhaps because IT DOES NOT EXIST.

and when these loons don't detect it with infrared light, ... they'll say its only visible with microwaves, ... or that its a multidimensional planet that can only be detected with Tachyon waves, ....

Sure they are loonies, but there could be something out there. For a long time astronomers believed that something big was out there because of anomalies in Neptune's orbit. They actually discovered Pluto based on those anomalies, then found Pluto was too small to account for them. It is possible that the oddities in Neptune's orbit have now been explained. Not sure. In any case, there seems to be many things we don't understand about gravity.

If there is a Nbiru out there, the best bet of detecting it is via gravitational effects. If it's on a long elliptical orbit, the effects might only show once every few million years. So keep up the faith loonies! You could be right after all.

Anyway, what is the intended range of WISE? It is intended to pick up asteroids and very distant objects like stars etc, so I suppose it could pick up a Nbiru or more Xenas.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

objects close enough to our sun will reflect its light so it is visible. no need for infrared to detect nibiru. so complicated it fits in two sentence.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by DOADOA]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Not that I believe in Nibiru (cause I don't) but isn't it supposed to be a brown dwarf star, which is much more easily detectable in the IR spectrum anyways? I am just saying that seems to be the direction the story from the link is trying to head.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Yes. It is expected that WISE will add to the current list of a couple of dozen known brown dwarves. It's even possible that one could be found closer to us than our otherwise closest stellar neighbor, the Centauri system, about 4 light years away.

But as far as Nibiru being a brown dwarf but not visible without an infrared telescope, no. There are numerous reasons why Nibiru cannot exist as described by Sitchin. There could very well be planets in the outer solar system that we don't know about but a brown dwarf with a 3,600 year orbit would make itself known by several means. A large planet which entered the inner solar system every 3,600 years? We would not be here. Earth's orbit would be wildly eccentric, not as nearly circular as it is.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
when these loons don't detect it with infrared light, ... they'll say its only visible with microwaves, ... or that its a multidimensional planet that can only be detected with Tachyon waves, ....

LOL! Thanks for the laugh mate! That was rather funny!

Now I feel like a hot pocket.

IRM

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Since no one can disprove Nibiru ... yet, I'm staying open to the idea that it maybe out there. All the debunkers can claim is that they can't see it ... Or after seeing the deluge of 'evidence' in digital camera photo's of our sun posted on blogs with lens flares showing 'nibiru'. They really have no way to prove or disprove Nibiru.

The evidence to prove it's existence is actually more present than evidence to disprove.

Look at the online star gazing programs Google Sky and Microsoft WorldWide Telescope. There are smears hidden by both programs and likely others. They are really crappy smears hiding 'something' in the infrared. That doesn't prove anything except they are trying to hide something?

Jupiter takes how many years to circle the sun? 11 years? Part of that time is spent either behind the sun or in it's glare. Look directly at the sun and let us all know when you see Jupiter. Some people were claiming that while Jupiter was behind the sun it had burst into flames and became a second sun. OMG.

Someone mentioned that Neptune had a wobble that noone could account for but a large planet in an irregular orbit *might* explain it.

What if that planet was really that darkstar Nibiru or Planet X. What if the tilt of our own planet kept it below us and out of most people's view. Jupiter has some really bright clouds. Always. I've been watching Jupiter sail through the night sky almost every night for the last year and it's shiney bright mostly.

How would the surface of a burnt out star appear? Shiney reflectively bright? Maybe dark like burnt fuggin toast? Ever see shiney burnt fuggin toast? :LOL:

I'll reserve my opinion for a year or two and if that Planet X is sailing around at 70,000 mph, which is quite fast for even a planet, we should all be able to see that burnt cinder in the Northern Hemisphere by 2011 all day and all night.

I love the notation on the movie 2012 trailer... paraphrased as ... Obama going to tell you about a planet that's going to slam into us in 3 years? at 70,000 mph? ya think they'd tell YOU? Spending money like he doesn't have to ever pay it back? I'd ask also, are you retarded?

Love your family & friends like there isn't a tomorrow.

edit to add: Consider this... it takes us 6 months to go ½ way around the sun. If a planet were to have an extremely elliptical orbit say ... like a comet ... if it's orbit brought it close in within 1 - 1.5AU of the sun how long would it take to see it? to pass close by? if it only takes us 6 months to make the trip? How long would it really be visible? AND it's got the surface reflectivity of burnt fuggin toast? Even if it's almost the size of Jupiter I think our scientists (remind you of our climatologists accuracies) would have a hard time seeing it even if it slams into Earth. Keep an open mind until 2011 or so.

[edit on 12·7·09 by DrMattMaddix]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join