It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum Mechanics shows there's life after death

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

[edit on 15-12-2009 by AndreDC]

[edit on 15-12-2009 by AndreDC]

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

I agree materialism is futile. I must say there are holes in this theory, but I am optimistic and with research and as you said imagination I think you, I, we as a people can prove something here.

I encourage you to look up William Buhlman, he wrote two books on OBE's that really put some of this into tangible reasoning. Adventures Beyond the Body and Secret of the Soul I think you will find them both fascinating and dare I say revolutionary.

Keep up the creative thinking.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Quantum physics is the alchemy of the 21st century.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
Quantum physics is the alchemy of the 21st century.

That's a good way of putting it really. Alchemy was really just chemistry with a bit of "magic" tossed into the mix. Eventually the early science of chemistry/alchemy matured in understanding and these "magical" things became easily explainable. Most certainly could be what will happen to QM as we are still just starting to learn about it.

I'll give you a star for that comparison.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

You said:

Your hung up on 'choice' and 'observer' as invariably meaning human consciousness and this simply is not the case at all. I've even attempted to get to to make an explicit quote from the experiment description that human consciousness was this observer and chooser, you ignored such request.

I mean you can't be serious.

The experimenter makes the "choice" in the experiment. The experimenter is a conscious observer.

That's just basic common sense.

Just ask yourself this question.

Is the experimenter who makes a choice to determine the outcome of an event even after it has occured, a conscious observer?

Again, it's self evident that the conscious observer has to make a choice. He's called the "experimenter."

Do you even read these things before you ask these questions?

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

The experimenter makes the "choice" in the experiment.

Quote that explicit statement from the setup of the experiment.

Do you even read these things before you ask these questions?

I read what occurs during the experiment, which is why I'm attempting to get you to do the same and make that explicit quote from the setup of the experiment.

Your just pussy footing around avoiding the issue by ignoring the request. Your simply lazy while wishing to be taken seriously.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

This is very silly. You have to know that the experimenter is a conscious observer.Your ATS ego was buised and your lashing out. If you don't know something so simple, I don't know what to say.

Wheeler's experiment consisted of a standard double-slit experiment, except that the detector screen could be removed at the last moment, thereby directing light into two more remote telescopes, each one focused on one of the slits. This allowed a "delayed choice" of the observer, i.e. a choice made after the presumed photon would have cleared the midstream barrier containing two parallel slits. The two telescopes, behind the (removed) screen could presumably "see" a flash of light from one of the slits, and would detect by which path the photon traveled.

According to the results of the double slit experiment, if experimenters do something to learn which slit the photon goes through, they change the outcome of the experiment and the behavior of the photon. If the experimenters know which slit it goes through, the photon will behave as a particle. If they do not know which slit it goes through, the photon will behave as if it were a wave when it is given an opportunity to interfere with itself. The double-slit experiment is meant to observe phenomena that indicate whether light has a particle nature or a wave nature. The fundamental lesson of Wheeler's delayed choice experiment is that the result depends on whether the experiment is set up to detect waves or particles.

en.wikipedia.org...'s_delayed_choice_experiment

The experimenter = the concious observer that makes a choice. Did you even read Wheeler's thought experiment? It's called the delayed "choice" experiment because the oberver (experimenter) makes a choice after the event has occured hence the name "DELAYED CHOICE."

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Perhaps wiki isn't explaining it well enough. This is a decent explanation of what's going on, goes through it step by step.

source

It should be pretty funny if you still want to claim that it's the consciousness of the experimenter that make's the choice.

Have fun!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

You are talking about the wrong experiment.

These are 2 different experiments. The one I was talking about above is the delayed choice experiment.

The experiment you sourced is the delayed choice quantum eraser.

This is an experiment that's talking about an entangled pair of photons. When the signal photons hits what's called D0, there's no interference pattern. The other photon is called the idler photon. It can go through D1, D2, D3 or D4.

The signal photon will hit D0 before the idler photon registers. If the idler photon goes through D1 or D2 then an interference pattern occurs and the which path information is erased and a subset of signal photons shows an interference pattern.

What this shows is reality is not fixed. This is what troubled Einstein and led him to say,"God doesn't pay dice with the universe." This also led to things like the EPR paradox. What has been shown throughout the years is that a dice game is being played.

We also play dice. This is consciousness. When you get up in the morninig the dice game starts. You could watch TV, go to the kitchen or hop on the internet. While at work, you could take an early lunch or do something that gets you a raise.

Consciousness plays dice and the universe is conscious.

Materialism is magic. It's hocus pocus. We perceive things like hardness or softness. Nobody has ever touched matter. You don't touch a hard table or lay your head on a soft pillow. You perceive these things.

Idealism is science, materialism is magic.

I know it's hard to let go of the illusion. People want this to be an objective material reality but it's not.

Good books to read on this is.

The Self-Aware Universe by Theoretical Nuclear Physicist Amit Goswami
The Conscious Universe by Dean Radin

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Reply to post by Matrix Rising

Another VERY INTERESTING topic ruined by someone's inferoirity complex..... Such a pity. Perhaps less self glorification and more empathy towards disagreement will prove your "enlightenment" and serve your stance better?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
This is a very interesting theory and one I've never thought of before.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven

Originally posted by TheRepublic

exactly. energy can be neither created nor destroyed. matter is just energy trapped in form.

Except that energy does not have to remain organized in a way to allow cohesion and sentience. Just because your energy lives on in the universe it does not mean YOU will. Your conscious self rely on your "energy" being a form that creates your awareness.

The energy that is your thoughts get dissipated as heat into the universe. Your not home anymore. You cease to exist.

man i havnt been in this thread for a week and people are still going nuts over that one quote. if you dont want to believe in a soul, thats fine but i just made a statement about energy.

energy cannot be created or destroyed. it changes form. you can look at that from a scientific or a spirtual sense. i choose to look at it as both. you are right though energy does not have to remain organized, in fact it makes sense that thermodynamically everything would move to disorder.
the 2nd law states that everything in essance moves towards chaos, or entropy.

yet somehow when you look at the world around you things progress.
things evolve and get more complicated with time. life started as bacteria in some tidal pool but nowdays we are putting people in space. i feel that when i die i will cease to exist. my thoughts and plans and name and history all of that will vanish. but there will still be something there, i know it from personal exsperiance like i said earlier. i cant prove it nor do i really feel the need to. all i wish to say is that the universe is far far far more complicated than we could probably ever imagine, and it is the height of absudity to proclaim one knows all there is to know about not only the universe but the earth itself. and even more than that, it has been theorized in superstring theory that there has to be more than just this dimension for our universe to function correctly. so now do we not only have one planet in one galaxy of an entire infinate universe that we know nothing about but we also have multiple higher dimensions overlaying ours.

in summery i cant prove anything to you about a soul.
but you cant prove im wrong.
and there we are.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix Rising

Originally posted by oconnection

Originally posted by Jazzyguy

These states are connected and therefore there has to be quantum immortality.

This I don't understand. Are you saying we can live for eternity and never die?

I believe what he's implying is that when your physical body dies, your spirit/soul continues on to another dimension. Also that we exist in a multidimensional existence.

The problem you present in acceptance of life after death is that science has provided no evidence it exists. That death is the end must be the conclusion with out proof of the reverse. (I don't like that either). When someone says "prove it's NOT true", I have to remind them it is impossible for science to prove a negative.

It's a bit like saying prove Santa Claus does not exist. No one can, forgetting common sense for the moment. For those who think Santa Claus is violating our air space, I WANT PICTURES! Plato believed death was like dreamless sleep, meaning blackness, no sense of time and no awareness of personality. God, that's a depressing thought. In time all of us will find out...PS: spell checker still on strike, I hope no English teachers out there dropped dead.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by oconnection]

Good points and you hit the nail on the head.

This has to be the case because science has not shown us that anything dies. Everything just transitions from one state to another state.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

As i previously said (p11), the physical world rules dont apply on our soul and mind. The body is a tool that allow our consciousness to survive, like an astronaut survive in his space suit

But to believe that we are immortal, permanent, that is an old dream that a lot of fools still believe. I know i can say what i want, dumbness cannot be changed, eventually, people will see for themselves once they die. Well not really because like i said, the most wont even understand whats going on when they leave their body, the shock could be so strong for some that they would instantly cease to exist, their "remaining bodies" would melt with the surrounding flows of energy. This is the limit of the science, believe it or not, you so called scientists go straight to a dead end.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

reply to post by sirnex

You are talking about the wrong experiment.

These are 2 different experiments. The one I was talking about above is the delayed choice experiment.

The experiment you sourced is the delayed choice quantum eraser.

This is an experiment that's talking about an entangled pair of photons. When the signal photons hits what's called D0, there's no interference pattern. The other photon is called the idler photon. It can go through D1, D2, D3 or D4.

The signal photon will hit D0 before the idler photon registers. If the idler photon goes through D1 or D2 then an interference pattern occurs and the which path information is erased and a subset of signal photons shows an interference pattern.

What this shows is reality is not fixed. This is what troubled Einstein and led him to say,"God doesn't pay dice with the universe." This also led to things like the EPR paradox. What has been shown throughout the years is that a dice game is being played.

We also play dice. This is consciousness. When you get up in the morninig the dice game starts. You could watch TV, go to the kitchen or hop on the internet. While at work, you could take an early lunch or do something that gets you a raise.

Consciousness plays dice and the universe is conscious.

Materialism is magic. It's hocus pocus. We perceive things like hardness or softness. Nobody has ever touched matter. You don't touch a hard table or lay your head on a soft pillow. You perceive these things.

Idealism is science, materialism is magic.

I know it's hard to let go of the illusion. People want this to be an objective material reality but it's not.

Good books to read on this is.

The Self-Aware Universe by Theoretical Nuclear Physicist Amit Goswami
The Conscious Universe by Dean Radin

LMFAO! It's practically the SAME experiment, except one has erasure going on and the other doesn't, all other elements are the SAME.

OMFG!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
You're talking about the many worlds interpretation, but you're twisting the context. According to MWI, death doesn't exist. In MWI, infinite versions of ourselves are created. All paths not taken, all choices not made, happens in a different reality.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Wow! Finally! I find people with similar ideas to what i have. Lately I haven't been myself. I have been thinking about things way too much. Questioning every action in my life, Questioning what existence really is, but what i have been really curious about is what happens to us when we die.

I have come up with a theory that really makes sense, at least to me, and to a couple of my peers.I believe that we never die and that we keep living 'til infinity. We are constantly soul jumping from one dimension to the next.

I think that one is born in a certain dimension. One keeps living in that same dimension until something tragic, like an accident or something, occurs. Everyone that you met and knew in that dimension knows you died and they keep living their lives thinking that ur dead. But you yourself are not aware of that, you know that you were in accident, but u survived. Everything and everyone that you met and saw is still there. This because after you were in the accident, your "soul" jumped from one dimension to the next taking along your memories...So even though you saw someone pass away, it doesnt mean that they dont exist aymore. They might not eist in your dimension, But you exist to them in their new dimension.

Its really hard to put these thoughts into words. And i know it kinda sounds crazy, but watevar... we're all a bit crazy. someone, please tell me what you think of this.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Life After death explained by quantum mechanics and special relativity
Quantum Physics
Hi let me start by saying that this earth and our universe and people are made out of mater

But for all mater there is a complete opposite called antimatter its almost like looking into a mirror but you can`t see antimatter

quantum mechanics proves this

This would explain that when you die you become your antimatter your opposite of matter

So this would also explain that earth is made of mater and heaven is made of antimatter both the same but opposite like looking in a mirror

Now to find a place like heaven and spirits you would need to find a place and somewhere people exist
quantum mechanics proves everything has a opposite somewhere including us

As in many religious books it says that there is a physical form and a spiritual form of everything but they are the same

If you also look at a atom using Quantum mechanics it tells you nothing exist its all just illusion
Check this video for more details www.youtube.com...

If you also look at the big bang theory it says that there was a big bang from mater and antimatter coming together
Then the universe formed out of mater
This proves that mater and antimatter are the same but opposite of each other

I believe that this is as close as you can get to explain life after death and heaven by science

To understand about mater and antimatter watch this video from the 8th minute to the 15th minute video.google.com...#

Thanks for reading my post

Please leave your comments below

Please note i put this information on you tube and other places and it was removed so this shows you there is some Truth in it

TY

Paul

Visit my page for more details www.squidoo.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I think you are conveniently choosing to overlook the decoherence problem. This is a very significant detail in the whole scheme of things. Why do quantum states become decoherent as individual particles come together into a "classical object"? Is there not something extremely important to be learned in this transition? You can simply brush it off and attribute it to some mystical "separation" if you want, but I want to know more! I want to know exactly why it is that quantum states collapse into reality. I want to know what it is that is so special about a bunch of particles congregating in close proximity that causes them to become tangible and concrete. Could there be a connection to gravity? I think so.

I'm not disagreeing with you on our quantum nature. I truly believe that we are quantum beings with quantum consciousness. That is why it is so important for us to probe this problem to the fullest extent. And it IS possible to probe further. Absolutely.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix RisingMystics have been saying for years that everything is connected...

Agreed.

So the question becomes, how can you be dead if your also not dead?

The answer is parallel realities.

I disagree about the parallel realty bit. IMO everything is connected because our individuality is an illusion. The subject/object dichotomy is false, the nature of reality is Mind. The ego is not the center of the psyche, the Self is. And the Self of me is the same as the Self of you. Atman = Brahman.

'Our death is our wedding with eternity.
What is the secret? "God is One."
The sunlight splits when entering the windows of the house.

This multiplicity exists in the cluster of grapes;
It is not in the juice made from the grapes.
For he who is living in the Light of God,

The death of the carnal soul is a blessing.
Regarding him, say neither bad nor good,
For he is gone beyond the good and the bad.

Fix your eyes on God and do not talk about what is invisible,
So that he may place another look in your eyes.
It is in the vision of the physical eyes

That no invisible or secret thing exists.
But when the eye is turned toward the Light of God
What thing could remain hidden under such a Light?

Although all lights emanate from the Divine Light
Don't call all these lights "the Light of God";
It is the eternal light which is the Light of God,

The ephemeral light is an attribute of the body and the flesh.
...Oh God who gives the grace of vision!
The bird of vision is flying towards You with the wings of desire.'
-Rumi

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Student X]

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join