It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum Mechanics shows there's life after death

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Quantum mechanics shows there's life after death.

This is because death is an entangled state. In reality, you are both dead and not dead at the same time. These two states are seperated because of decoherence but we know they are still connected because of non locality and entanglement.

So seperation is just an illusion of decoherence. Everything is connected.

This is not science fiction, it's well known science.

Mystics have been saying for years that everything is connected and now science supports them.

So the question becomes, how can you be dead if your also not dead?

The answer is parallel realities.

So if your hit by a car and die, there has to be a state where your not dead and maybe you broke your legs.

You will always find yourself in the reality where you survive death.

These states are connected and therefore there has to be quantum immortality.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

So the question becomes, how can you be dead if your also not dead?

i think that when you die you switch realities, so to you it would feel like time stops at the instance of death. you would of course continue on in the dream world till whether reincarnation or life after death.

sleep is like death. ive fallen asleep for what was physically 5 mins, but have spent hours maybe days in dreams.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix Rising

This I don't understand. Are you saying we can live for eternity and never die?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

Exactly, it's a transition from one state to another state.

Science has not shown that anything dies. We do know that everything transitions from one state to another. Science hasn't explained why this isn't also true with life.

Just like Ice can transition to water and then to steam, life can transition from the body to another body to another state.

What gives ice the quality of being ice? What gives water the quality of being water? What gives steam the quality of being steam? This quality transitions through each state.

This is the same with life. What gives human beings the quality of being alive and self aware? This quality can be explained by quantum mechanics and information theory and it doesn't die when you die. It just transitions to another state.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy

I believe what he's implying is that when your physical body dies, your spirit/soul continues on to another dimension. Also that we exist in a multidimensional existence.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by oconnection]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

exactly. energy can be neither created nor destroyed. matter is just energy trapped in form.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Yep, because quantum mechanics tells us that you were never alive in the material sense. There's an illusion of seperation because of decoherence. The truth is, you transition from one state to the next and we are apart of an interconnected whole.

Again, this is well known through things like entanglement and non locality.

When these different states become ientangled then a loss of information occurs. This is called decoherence. You are still connected to these other states, you just can't measure them because of decoherence. So we have this illusion of seperation from the whole.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by oconnection

I believe what he's implying is that when your physical body dies, your spirit/soul continues on to another dimension. Also that we exist in a multidimensional existence.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by oconnection]

Good points and you hit the nail on the head.

This has to be the case because science has not shown us that anything dies. Everything just transitions from one state to another state.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic

exactly. energy can be neither created nor destroyed. matter is just energy trapped in form.

Surely the energy, body matter, becomes energy for bacteria, worms and such as we decompose. Theres nothing to suggest self awareness is separate from body matter. Our energy is recycled either through earth or flame.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by R-evolve

"Theres nothing to suggest self awareness is separate from body matter"

there is when it happens to you. it has happend to me. weridest exsperiance ive ever had. it is real science just can not measure it.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
the thing is ... I am thinking for 10 minutes what to post and I couldnt find something that made sense

quantum physics is amazing and we need to study it more

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I'm confused, but intrigued as well by this "Decoherence" and "Entanglement" states. What allows our "Soul" to be able to switch over to this parallel existence when we bump into this area of "Death"? Does our awareness in one reality simply transfer over to another after a certain signal is given to the mind?

My mind is jumbled in Meta now...

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

I cant argue against your own experiences not without patronising you with the usual " im sure it seemed real ", i guess we have our own truths, mine is i dont believe self awareness and intelligence are separate or can be separated from the brain, it doesnt make me right but im comfortable with it until evidence proves otherwise.

Quantum mechanics is incredible though, im not sure our brains are wired in a way that can truly understand it, shouldnt stop us trying though.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by instig999

The switch occurs because we were never disconnected from the other state. The disconnection is an illusion of decoherence.

For instance, a particle can be in a state of superposition. This means all probable states can occur. These states are in a state of coherence. When a measurement occurs, these states are still connected but decoherence occurs. So one state is measured but the other states don't vanish. They still exist, you just can't measure them.

Classical objects are in a state of decoherence. So we are under the illusion of seperation from the whole.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

" im sure it seemed real "

you actually just quoted what my philosophy teacher told me when i tried to explain it to her hahah. well her exact words were "i believe you felt you had that happen to you, im just saying it didnt really happen" but if she had been in my shoes she would know.

i know i cant prove it. if it could be we wouldnt be discussing it. all i can tell you is that when it happend to me it felt more real than anything i have ever felt in regular life. but your right we all have our own expeirances and you cant know unless you could be in someone elses shoes. my personal belief is that all will see it whether in this life or the next for that reason alone. you cant know anything for certain unless it happens to you. thanks for not patronizing me though. we see so much more with respect than with judgement.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Is this sort of like, I can't remember what it is called, but the observation where particles act a certain way when you aren't watching them, but when you watch them they act a totally different way?

It makes sense is a weird sort of way, I have had some experiences that have brought me think this. Although I didn't think it was anything scientific about it just me thinking on random stuff.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife

Is this sort of like, I can't remember what it is called, but the observation where particles act a certain way when you aren't watching them, but when you watch them they act a totally different way?

It makes sense is a weird sort of way, I have had some experiences that have brought me think this. Although I didn't think it was anything scientific about it just me thinking on random stuff.

Thats kind of how it comes across to me. The whole schroedingers cat thought experiment.

Im not to wise on the subject but isnt the fact we observe them and it effects how they are due to the fact we bombard them with light particles in order to observe, or have we never actually observed anything close to that level and its all based on theory. If you catch my drift.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Are you suggesting that we exist because someone from the dimension above "measured" us?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Well quantum mechanics is actually how the smallest objects in the universe work together so as quantum mechanics actually yield the answers to why things work the way they do along with other new things. Somebody more well versed in the theory behind it could explain it better than I can and even correct me if I'm wrong.

But now that you brought it up though that is what the experiment is though. They actually beam light particles through a certain grid and when looking at what was projected it looks a certain way, but when they try to observe to see why the particles are acting that way the particles act a totally different way.

Pretty freaky stuff really.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I believe that when we measure the electron in the double-slit experiment, we create a universe with just the electron(or whatever particle we used in the experiment) in 3 dimensions(we live in the 4th), that does not change states(in other words, a universe with 3-dimensional space but with no time), and as soon as we stop measuring it, that universe disappears.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by np6888]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join