It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE LORD Jesus Christ vs. the MAYANS! Whose side are you on?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Just to,' toss my hat" truly in the ring

How many correct future forcasts can we credit the
Maya to date?

Lets round that off to zero.

Christ?

More than that, would be the safe answer.

Well, the answer hasn't changed then. JC

[edit on 6-12-2009 by randyvs]

I've heard there were nearly 70 predictions about Him before Him...and yet he fulfilled them all...awesome...wonder why folks ignore? OT thinks 2 Timothy 3:2 is on it!!!!!

[edit on 6-12-2009 by OldThinker]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

I've always sorta' stood with the idea that if he actually fulfilled the prophecies that we wouldn't enjoy a jewish religion at this point in time.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Originally posted by OldThinker
bsbray11, hey ,,,,, the thread is hopping, sorry I missed you post. Where is your evidence JC is a bedtime story?

Right there with your evidence that he isn't.

You know there is no PROOF either way (and sorry, the Bible is not proof of things said in the Bible.. that's known as "circular reasoning" to folks who honor logic to begin with).

Man I've got 100 websites fro you, to contradict your point...ru ready?????

Well I've got 100 websites that say George Bush is a reptile. RU REDY?!

Alright Appalacian....you out there? Please bring on the evidence.....

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

I've always sorta' stood with the idea that if he actually fulfilled the prophecies that we wouldn't enjoy a jewish religion at this point in time.

NO NO

JC was/is/always will BE a JEW!!!!!!!!

He came to fulfill/finish....

See Saul of Tarsus...Damascus.....etc.....

JS IS A JEW!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Great job guys in responding!!!!!!

Late here, keep um coming, I'll check in tomorrow, ok?

OT sleepy

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I understand that Jesus was a Jew. That isn't the point that I was making.

The point is that if he were the savior, he would have been recognized as such. Instead, the Jews rejected him.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

reply to post by wx4caster

Hey wx4caster, thank you for joining and posting a well-thought thru post!

So you believe the Mayans, huh? WHY????

OT

put some thought into your response perhaps? and you get one well thought response to you and you are tired, now it is you who will not stay long enough to win your debate.

i never said that i believed the mayans, i said the mayans had nothing to believe, you are wrong in assuming that they predicted the end of the world.

please rebute on my comments. i want to see how you respond to the council and what it means for the validity of modern christianity

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

So it's not your question after all???????

It is Flysolo's, huh?

What is anti-good?

I answered that 3 pages ago, you missed it?

OT is anti-good!!!!!

OT is anti-good!!!!!!

OT is anti-good!!!!!!!

Got it....???????????????????????????

I didnt say it was my question.

What kind of an answer is that?

I'm actually starting to think you might a bit mentally challenged- nothing else makes sense, your posts make zero sense- the only thing you manage to get across is biblical dogma copy and pastes and insults.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
OT u should really watch the video presented by Ian Lengold. Prepare urself some wine, grab some popcorn, and leave ur mind open. If you can actually sit through a 3 hr video. If you do, i'll definitely shake your hand!

The link is below. Ian presents a very awesome doc on the mayan calendar, and how conciousness plays a big role in it. It's absolutely an amazing vid!

video.google.ca...#

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I enjoyed Lungold too earth33lr- very interesting.

OT wouldnt get anything out of it though- there's no biblical dogma in it- he would dismiss it without even trying to understand, and indeed, he would probably have trouble comprehending it.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

Ya i know, i just thought i'd least present a half decent source so just maybe he might enlighten himself to other ideas

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by eArth33lr

Ya i know, i just thought i'd least present a half decent source so just maybe he might enlighten himself to other ideas

nice of you to try but I dont think OT is open to other ideas.

It's been a while since I watched Lungold and the Mayan Calender Goes North but was fascinated at the time, he died did you know? guess you did, what a shame- he wasn't that old by the looks.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Ya i heard that too. Thats too bad, he seemed like a real genuine person. Like really grounded. I have his vid downloaded cuz i like to watch it now and then. I catch parts, that i miss the previous time around.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Ya i heard that too. Thats too bad, he seemed like a real genuine person. Like really grounded. I have his vid downloaded cuz i like to watch it now and then. I catch parts, that i miss the previous time around.

Ive got them on dvd, I could probably watch them again

thanks for the reminder

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

OT u should really watch the video presented by Ian Lengold. Prepare urself some wine, grab some popcorn, and leave ur mind open. If you can actually sit through a 3 hr video. If you do, i'll definitely shake your hand!

The link is below. Ian presents a very awesome doc on the mayan calendar, and how conciousness plays a big role in it. It's absolutely an amazing vid!

video.google.ca...#

12 min in and I'm hooked. Looks good, time for some popcorn. We are only conscious of what we pay attention too. I like it

[edit on 6-12-2009 by FlySolo]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

OT, I have a question for you.

You stated earlier that you have no ego. I have to differ with you on that. What causes you to think that you are alway right in this discussion and they are always wrong?

Think about that for a moment.

Edit to add:

As for who I am with in this subject.....I am with the"ONE".

[edit on 6-12-2009 by FiatLux]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Alright Appalacian....you out there? Please bring on the evidence.....

All I said was that I'd side with the Mayans before Jesus.

Do you have something you'd like to show me?

Btw Jesus fulfilling prophecies is BS. The Jewish Messiah (you know, the one they were/still are looking for) is supposed to bring an end to all war for one thing. We can just stop right there.

I know the line that comes after this simple statement of fact, too... "He has to come back a 2nd time before that happens!" Yeah, too bad that wasn't mentioned in the original prophecies. Fail.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
But the Mayans did know of Jesus... he was known to them as Itzamna.

Itzamna bore signs of being crucified (holes in his feet and hands), could raise the dead, walked on water, had the power of healing, preached about the One God, resurrected after three days, came from across the ocean, and had facial features unlike those of South Americans.

Methinks the original poster should look into this link...

Lion of God

So to say that Mayans go against Jesus, or are ignorant of some things related, is preposterous. But, I admit, I only read the first few posts (so far), and may have missed something... so I shall now go back and read this thread in its whole.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
reply to post by FlySolo

Actually, don't bother explaining to me, I'm out cause this will never go anywhere.
I am with you, this thread is going to last until next week of nowhere.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Whoever wins...

We lose.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join