It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE LORD Jesus Christ vs. the MAYANS! Whose side are you on?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

Originally posted by FlySolo
reply to post by OldThinker

I know people who think they are. So what is anti-good anyways? Against goodness? And what's with the bible quote? It would impress me more if you could use your own words for once.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by FlySolo]

WHY?

RU so young that you think OPINIONS matter?

Do you remember the council president with neo, on ZION's porch? Rent it friend, he said...."I used to make points, now I say, whats the point?"

opinions are like asrh-holes...all have them...and they usually stink!

Listen...for that matter....my opinion off ATS affects TPTB daily...for that I am grateful, becuase it pays the bills...after that I TURN TO JC

see?

you can't even answer a simple question without resorting to insults

and yet again pulls out the age card.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

JayinAR, hey my southerner friend....I've been watching you...you are a great debater.....yet you haven't revealed a SIDE....very clever....I'll be watching further.

Not "flawed", just "different"

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifecitizen

Originally posted by FlySolo

I know people who think they are. So what is anti-good anyways? Against goodness? And what's with the bible quote? It would impress me more if you could use your own words for once.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by FlySolo]

WHY?

RU so young that you think OPINIONS matter?

Do you remember the council president with neo, on ZION's porch? Rent it friend, he said...."I used to make points, now I say, whats the point?"

opinions are like asrh-holes...all have them...and they usually stink!

Listen...for that matter....my opinion off ATS affects TPTB daily...for that I am grateful, becuase it pays the bills...after that I TURN TO JC

see?

you can't even answer a simple question without resorting to insults

and yet again pulls out the age card.

where? insult????

Come on!!!!!!!!

Ask a clear question.....btw, this thread is online, it's a record...

What question/point have I missed? I PROMISE I'll answer.....

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

It isn't cleverness, although I appreciate the comments.
I just honestly don't have a side. I'm not a Christian, if that makes you happy.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
Um, I'll be siding with the Mayans.

Jesus is still a heart-warming bedtime story, though...

Wait, is there going to be a show-down?

[edit on 6-12-2009 by bsbray11]

bsbray11, hey ,,,,, the thread is hopping, sorry I missed you post. Where is your evidence JC is a bedtime story? Man I've got 100 websites fro you, to contradict your point...ru ready?????

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
- you just quoted the question.

It was a very simple question OT, maybe you could answer it without pulling out the age card this time.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
First the OP OT automatically has made it evident that he not only stands for the JC point of view, but that he will refuse to acknowledge anyone’s mentioning that he is obviously not being objective in his thread.

However... despite these mental hurdles that OT will have to overcome, I shall interject as to not only why the bible is open for interpretation, but also why the Mayans never said "THE ALMIGHTY" is coming nor did they say that the world is ending.

First,

From this site comes the following quotes.

A) Nowhere in the Mayan records is there any mention of a 26,000-tun cycle, although this according to Jenkins’ theory would be the most important cycle among the Maya, upon which their whole chronology and calendar system was based. While there are hundreds and maybe thousands of mentions of baktuns and katuns and tuns as important prophetic cycles, there is not one single mention of a 26,000-tun cycle, that would conform to Jenkins’ proposed precessional cycle. I find it quite remarkable that an explanation is proposed for a cycle with a duration that the Maya do not ever record. Given that the Maya were very competent as astronomers and mathematicians it is hard to believe that the Maya would not point to the existence of a 26,000-tun cycle, at least on one of their steles, if this cycle indeed was, as Jenkins believes, the very basis of their calendar system.[\quote]

B) It has never been demonstrated that the precessional cycle has anything to do with the coming and going of ages. Obviously, this idea is derived from Babylonian-European astrology according to which the earth goes through certain ages as the Spring Equinox passes through the various signs of the Babylonian Zodiac. This, I think, is the chief reason to the appeal that Jenkins’ idea has had among many. It is consistent with the bias of those believing in Babylonian-European astrology. Yet, there is no evidence that there would be any truth to the existence of various zodiacal ages.

The Mayans end of their calendar is basically like us hitting a century mark. It means the end of a calendar period, not the planet…

Now, as far as your Jesus references and references to the bible, I present the following:

nicea council

Up until this point, Christianity had many differing ideas as far as who Jesus was, what he was, and what was true and what was myth. Around 300 bishops pretty much got together and voted on what was in and what was out. This watering of the word so to speak is and was bound to get things wrong and things right. What they got right/wrong, we will really never know.

Of note, from this council, one of the very things that was voted on was whether or not Jesus and the father were one and the same, as in was Jesus a normal guy with awesome insight, or was he immortal and receiving messages from god through ethereal means. They voted Jesus to his immortal status we see today.

Not only that but there also discrepancies in whom even wrote the books of the New Testament and when they were written.

So basically, we don’t know for sure who wrote what books, but those books were also voted on and certain things in the books were rewritten and voted on and changed not for the sake of factuality but for the sake of unity amongst Christianity…. So much for the truth, eh?

But now, lets say that the council got it right, and the books are factual. Then let us look at the very substance itself.

Mathew 18:18-

From NIV: "I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

From KJB: Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

From ASV: Verily I say unto you, what things soever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and what things soever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

So if we decide as a race to believe that the Mayans are correct, then does this not mean that it must be so as per God’s word? And therefore, the bible and the mayans are both right and wrong?

[edit on 6-12-2009 by wx4caster]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

It isn't cleverness, although I appreciate the comments.
I just honestly don't have a side. I'm not a Christian, if that makes you happy.

now don't state the obvious...it detracts from the cleverness....

most are'nt!!!!
reference Matt 7:13

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Well, friend, let me put it this way.

If my best friend was Fireman Sam, SpongeBob SquarePants or Santa Clause, I would be a pretty lonely person.

And i stand by my original in depth assessment of both sides of this arguement...

Mayans

Jesus Christ

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

It was a very simple question OT, maybe you could answer it without pulling out the age card this time.

have you noticed there are 20 folks on this thread...???? pls restate the simple question ok??

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

bsbray11, hey ,,,,, the thread is hopping, sorry I missed you post. Where is your evidence JC is a bedtime story?

Right there with your evidence that he isn't.

You know there is no PROOF either way (and sorry, the Bible is not proof of things said in the Bible.. that's known as "circular reasoning" to folks who honor logic to begin with).

Man I've got 100 websites fro you, to contradict your point...ru ready?????

Well I've got 100 websites that say George Bush is a reptile. RU REDY?!

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

If my best friend was Fireman Sam, SpongeBob SquarePants or Santa Clause, I would be a pretty lonely person.

And i stand by my original in depth assessment of both sides of this arguement...

Mayans

Jesus Christ

Come on now...please...no simple trite response!!!!

Did Squidward's friend make BC and AD?
Did Santa have dozens and dozens of followers allow themselves to be killed volunteeringly?

Don't know fireman Sam

Come back with the A game...or move along

link   

have you noticed there are 20 folks on this thread...???? pls restate the simple question ok??

I'm sorry but what does how many people posting in this thread have to do with anything?

here is the question again as you obviously have trouble following a thread

from FlySolo- So what is anti-good anyways?

link   

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Matthew 24:36

However, we can know the progression of events...
...Jesus said to his disciples when discussing the end of the world...

"And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come." Matthew 24:14

Either The Gospel that is being proclaimed has not yet gone to the whole world...
...or the time for this to occur is yet future...
...or the gospel that we are proclaiming is the wrong one.

And as soon as this happens we get a really bad reaction...

"When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand)" Matthew 24:15

Which is a future event modelled on one during the inter-testamental period...
...when Antiochus Epiphanes tried to destroy the Lord's witness in the world by destroying Israel's ceremonial system...
...although I expect that the 'end time' version of this will have a much broader base.

And I agree that the 2012 is just alot of New Age wishful thinking.

[edit on 6/12/09 by troubleshooter]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Sorry to bring this to the OP here but the truth is that neither the bible or the Mayans holds any truth about what is been predicted by those hopeful gloom and dooms believers about the end of the world.

So anything that will be posted as opinions here will never be backed by anything but aspirations, wishes and dreams.

Even you OP refering to the bible is nothing but wishful thinking.

One need read no further than the post above quoted. The OP is also mistaken and misinformed. Jesus is not a "LORD", that is a British Royal designation these days, it is used to decieve. The OP needs to watch the documentary "The Hidden Empire" and understand the real history of the world we live in. By watching that and doing his/her own investigation into the allegations made in the doc, they will hopefully come to a sane conclusion that it/this is all a hoax. BTW, the calenders are said to be off by as much as 30 years, so when is the real 2012? This is all just BS distraction from reality again.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wx4caster

Hey wx4caster, thank you for joining and posting a well-thought thru post!

So you believe the Mayans, huh? WHY????

OT

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Well buddy, I just don't buy that logic.
I can understand the principle of the whole "narrow is the gate" story. It is a nice scary story to keep people striving for being a decent person, but I don't see how it has any basis in reality.

In reality, or at least in my worldview, you are not punished for things you have no control over in the first place.
A just God wouldn't allow it.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

Mayans

Jesus Christ

Come on now...please...no simple trite response!!!!

Did Squidward's friend make BC and AD?
Did Santa have dozens and dozens of followers allow themselves to be killed volunteeringly?

Don't know fireman Sam

Come back with the A game...or move along

First off, you don't know who Fireman Sam is so anything you say from now on will be ruled as void

As for your other points, which may I point out are in no way 'simple' or 'trite', could you elaborate by another, hmm, one hundred percent?

Me no understand your speakings.
Thank you please

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Just to,' toss my hat" truly in the ring

How many correct future forcasts can we credit the
Maya to date?

Lets round that off to zero.

Christ?

More than that, would be the safe answer.

Well, the answer hasn't changed then. JC

stimulating SNF

[edit on 6-12-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I'm sorry but what does how many people posting in this thread have to do with anything?

here is the question again as you obviously have trouble following a thread

from FlySolo- So what is anti-good anyways?

So it's not your question after all???????

It is Flysolo's, huh?

What is anti-good?

I answered that 3 pages ago, you missed it?

OT is anti-good!!!!!

OT is anti-good!!!!!!

OT is anti-good!!!!!!!

Got it....???????????????????????????

For more see Romans 3:23, which you ignore......

POLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Readers, did OT answer??????

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join