It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE LORD Jesus Christ vs. the MAYANS! Whose side are you on?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Um, I'll be siding with the Mayans.

Jesus is still a heart-warming bedtime story, though...

Wait, is there going to be a show-down?

[edit on 6-12-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Who said Jesus dont know? The Father know.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

Originally posted by IceDash
................sound serious in this one), I don't trust the bible ..............

Yep, this is serious, for sure...why would you NOT trust the WORD OF GOD? Are you anti-goodness?

OT

Oooh this again.

I think the majority don't have a problem with GOD per say, its the peoplewho think they know everything and come across self-righteous. Anti-goodness? What is that supposed to mean?
I don't trust the word of people who think they know all about god.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnivea
It seems you are incapable of posting anything that's not totally slanted toward your King James version of Peter Pan. Why are you even posting on here? I took the liberty of finding you a forum more suited to your line of "thinking."

I just checked out your link...

Sounds like "CHURCH" to me.....

You need to clearly understand something friend...

JC said to be LIGHT in DARKNESS!!!!!!

btw, you listen to my streaming post?

"light of the world" bible thing....

pray tell me, how can light do anything of VALUE in any realm....other than DARKNESS?

THIS is OT's J>>>>O>>>>B!!!!!!!

You ready to join the winning side?

[edit on 6-12-2009 by OldThinker]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Nope, at least in my view, you're doing nothing wrong.... You're posing a question for discussion that is unlike any question I've seen here before. I tend to pick out of a thread that which pushes my own buttons, and on occasion, I miss the overall intent of the thread by focusing on the little bits that irritate me -- a human failing that I will likely never grow out of.

I think it's a bit of an easy knee-jerk treatment to characterize this thread as a pro-religion one; Some of your beliefs are apparent, however you leave the door open for discussion rather than quashing it with your opinions, so I see no problem.

As you can probably tell, I disagree with a literal interpretation of the Bible as being 100% valid, as I think it's almost impossible to exclude a person's own subjectivity when doing so. That doens't necessarily invalidate the entire Bible, nor would I be so arrogant as to suggest it. You and I don't see the Holy Bible in the same way, I would guess, and that's just fine.......... it doesn't really have anything to do with the manner in which we interact, right?

cheers

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

reply to post by lifecitizen

what would you like to debate?

please come on and engage me....

I'm not going any where.....

btw, did you listen to my audio posted?

OT not preachin here...just a messenger (under your skin)...sorry!

That is all you do- preach

No to the audio, I never click on any of your links as they always contain religious dogma and nothing else.

You go on and on about how old you are as if that is some kind of argument- when all that does is show how immature you actually are.

There is no debating you as all you do is preach- debating and preaching are two different things- if I wanted to be preached at I would go to a church.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I'm on Santa's side. He's the only real god. All the other gods are fake and if you're with them you're anti-goodness and after your earthly death you'll never get any presents! MUAHAHAA

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I like what Ian Xel Lengold has to say about the mayan calendar.

video.google.ca...#

[edit on 6-12-2009 by eArth33lr]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

Originally posted by IceDash
................sound serious in this one), I don't trust the bible ..............

Yep, this is serious, for sure...why would you NOT trust the WORD OF GOD? Are you anti-goodness?

OT

Oooh this again.

I think the majority don't have a problem with GOD per say, its the peoplewho think they know everything and come across self-righteous. Anti-goodness? What is that supposed to mean?
I don't trust the word of people who think they know all about god.

pls explain "ooh this again" do you know a RIGHTEOUS person? pls introduce them to me!!!!

me, know everything? God no!!!!!

OT is ANTI_GOOD...and so ru!!!!!!!

Romans 3:23 is true of both of us...dare you to deny "tiger"

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

the word of God? now your joking right? who told you the bible was the word of God? God? that's funny how you so blindly believe with out any evidence but the word of a man that this sun book is the word of God..

but i think your Jesus guy is saying the same thing as the Mayan calendar..

get ready for the new age..

Gemini .. Adam & Eve

Taurus = the Bull

Capricorn= Ram horn

Pisces = the Fish (Vesica Pisces)

Aquarius = “Behold, when ye are entered into the city, there shall a man meet you, bearing a pitcher of water; follow him into the house where he entereth in.” Luke 22:10

happy Sun Book reading..

assembled/brought to you by Sol Invictus Emperor Constantine & the Counsel of Nicea..

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Since your question was, "Whose side are you on?", I would feel remiss if I missed the opportunity to say, I am on the side of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

After observing life for over six decades and much study coupled with personal experience I can say that I have no doubt that God is in control and will have his way.

How can anyone study a giant oak tree and not believe in God? Man cannot recreate an oak tree from dust.

The oaks long roots serve to nourish it by taking in water and food created by it's own leaves that shed at it's base.

It creates life with the tiny acorn it drops.

Man can clone, graft and do all sorts of scientific tricks but never has and never will be able to create an oak tree.

Oh yes OT, I am on God's side.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus

Nope, at least in my view, you're doing nothing wrong.... You're posing a question for discussion that is unlike any question I've seen here before. ......cheers

Very good!!!!!!

Thk you for acknowledging....

If other skeptics would just take the time to read/listen/hear what I post...they, too would see OT's not a fundi/idiot/extremist/etc.

JC is my best friend for decades and decades.....

and TIME IS SHORT!

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
Since your question was, "Whose side are you on?", I would feel remiss if I missed the opportunity to say, I am on the side of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ......

dd, you have been "around"...as I have....

my prayer is others will see the truth.

Thx for stopping by!

OT

[edit on 6-12-2009 by OldThinker]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I know people who think they are. So what is anti-good anyways? Against goodness? And what's with the bible quote? It would impress me more if you could use your own words for once.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by FlySolo]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Actually, don't bother explaining to me, I'm out cause this will never go anywhere.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The entire premise of this thread is flawed.
In the same book of Matthew, and after Jesus asks his disciples to take up the cross and follow him, he tells them on the Mount: "Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His Kingdom." Matthew 16:28

Contradictions like these are why I only look at the Bible with passing interest.

But if your premise had been consistent, this would have been a neat thread.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Wow, you must be lonely

As for whose side I'm on......its got to be the Mayans! As somebody else has pointed out, there is actual evidence that the Mayans existed. So, yer, that's good enough for me.

Mayans

Jesus Christ

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

I know people who think they are. So what is anti-good anyways? Against goodness? And what's with the bible quote? It would impress me more if you could use your own words for once.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by FlySolo]

WHY?

RU so young that you think OPINIONS matter?

Do you remember the council president with neo, on ZION's porch? Rent it friend, he said...."I used to make points, now I say, whats the point?"

opinions are like asrh-holes...all have them...and they usually stink!

Listen...for that matter....my opinion off ATS affects TPTB daily...for that I am grateful, becuase it pays the bills...after that I TURN TO JC

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Regardless;

the pagans can side with jesus, which is a pagan name meaning "man of zeus", or you can side with the real Yeshua....

That's who i am siding with.. Yeshua HaMoshiach....

The rest of you pagans and psuedo christians who dont even know His Name can side with who you like....

His mamma didnt call Him Jesus, but Yeshua, as was the Name commanded by G-d Himself!!!

So you pseudo christians who call upon the name of jesus, i hope a man of zeus answers you soon.. You dont even know His real name!!!

You say you know Him, but if you dont even know His REAL Name how can you? It IS important!! That is the Name by which you are saved!!!!!

Any wonder Yeshua called His flock "Al ittle flock."

My 2 cents

[edit on 083131p://f04Sunday by Selahobed]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

Wow, you must be lonely

Mayans

Jesus Christ

Why would you say that friend?

Please share more ok?

Please don't leave...

OT

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join