It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

THE LORD Jesus Christ vs. the MAYANS! Whose side are you on?

page: 2
7
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnivea
It seems you are incapable of posting anything that's not totally slanted toward your King James version of Peter Pan. ....


Why?

Would you say that..????


You been 'following OT'...????

I have not had a KJV since 1978, were you even born then? Your perspective is wanting friend, really sad!




posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Neither..

The Jesus/Christianity Myth and the Mayan 2012 Myth are just that...Myths

I don't buy into any of it.


But as the Mayans were a real civilization and actually existed... I'll side with them.... not on the 2012 issue.. just the "they actually existed" issue.





Hope you're well OT.



posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'm in OT. I must say I am still up in the air as to what exactly the Maya
said.

It dosn't matter a whole lot either, though as I would still be using
the second driveway and staying down there at the Jesus Christ camp
right down there.


As a side note, I think the Maya still hold a good chance of being right.
Only because they don't have to be talk'in about the same day.



posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifecitizen
Another moronic Jesus thread from the oldest guy on the boards


You might want to check your sources there OT the Mayans state no such thing.

OT speaking in the third person reminds me of a friends 3 yr old- it's cute at 3, at 50 odd it's just embarrassing.


Hey ATS readers....here's a test, ready?

lifecitizen, pls explain what was/is MORONIC from my thread...you can't win a debate from OT (me, that is) becuase YOU never stay long enough...right?



posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Neither..

The Jesus/Christianity Myth and the Mayan 2012 Myth are just that...Myths

I don't buy into any of it.


But as the Mayans were a real civilization and actually existed... I'll side with them.... not on the 2012 issue.. just the "they actually existed" issue.





Hope you're well OT.



BB, my most favorite adversary...God Bless you...I'm in Columbus, freakin freezin!

Time will tell friend...why do the OT enemies POUNCE, I wonder?



posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

Originally posted by Magnivea
It seems you are incapable of posting anything that's not totally slanted toward your King James version of Peter Pan. ....


Why?

Would you say that..????


You been 'following OT'...????

I have not had a KJV since 1978, were you even born then? Your perspective is wanting friend, really sad!


- you clog up the board with your religious agenda - it's a bit hard to miss you.

And without fail there you go using the age card again.



posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
I'm in OT. I must say I am still up in the air as to what exactly the Maya
said.
..........


randy, glad you are here...

what r ur thoughts on the Mayan's predictions, friend?

OT



posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker


BB, my most favorite adversary...God Bless you...I'm in Columbus, freakin freezin!

Time will tell friend...why do the OT enemies POUNCE, I wonder?




Awwww am i an enemy now?

Or were you asking me?


Ohio eh?

Cold man....



posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifecitizen

Originally posted by OldThinker

Originally posted by Magnivea
It seems you are incapable of posting anything that's not totally slanted toward your King James version of Peter Pan. ....


Why?

Would you say that..????


You been 'following OT'...????

I have not had a KJV since 1978, were you even born then? Your perspective is wanting friend, really sad!


- you clog up the board with your religious agenda - it's a bit hard to miss you.

And without fail there you go using the age card again.



pls answer the /DAMN/ question.....

Or are you just stirring the S..h..T*"...if so move to the latest alien thread...this is for the serious minded....you have not measured up...can you? pls know I believe you can...show me ok?

[edit on 6-12-2009 by OldThinker]



posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

Originally posted by IceDash
................sound serious in this one), I don't trust the bible ..............



Yep, this is serious, for sure...why would you NOT trust the WORD OF GOD? Are you anti-goodness?

OT
How do you know if is was word of god? What if humans used it to control..



posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker
 


Yes, I disagree with you so either A) jump to the "for us or against us" mindset or B) try to dismiss anyone that has the audacity to not believe in a series highly questionable at best, several thousand year old stories stolen from several different civilizations.

Superb job of pulling a combo there.

And what is so sad about not needing a crutch to get through life?



posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by IceDash

Originally posted by OldThinker

Originally posted by IceDash
................sound serious in this one), I don't trust the bible ..............



Yep, this is serious, for sure...why would you NOT trust the WORD OF GOD? Are you anti-goodness?

OT
How do you know if is was word of god? What if humans used it to control..



soooooo. you are ready to tell THE ALL POWERFUL GOD, he 'can't' convey a message...he failed!

Not me...



posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnivea
reply to post by OldThinker
 


Yes, I disagree with you so either A) jump to the "for us or against us" mindset or B) try to dismiss anyone that has the audacity to not believe in a series highly questionable at best, several thousand year old stories stolen from several different civilizations.

Superb job of pulling a combo there.

And what is so sad about not needing a crutch to get through life?



thx, no rookie here my young friend, pls remember....truth is absolutely EXCLUSIVE....unforgiving,.....2 and 2 is always 4!

Crutch?

You mentioned CRUTCH?

READY?

OT's needed a CRUTCH for several decades......I welcome the CRUTCH....I have NO pride, lived long enough to NOT have an ego...CRUTCHES are a great thing, got one with me now....


You will learn WE ALL NEED one.....

For more, for those interested see/listen here....
www.tonycampolo.org...

and let me know your thoughts, ok? God bless you friend!



posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

Originally posted by lifecitizen
Another moronic Jesus thread from the oldest guy on the boards


You might want to check your sources there OT the Mayans state no such thing.

OT speaking in the third person reminds me of a friends 3 yr old- it's cute at 3, at 50 odd it's just embarrassing.


Hey ATS readers....here's a test, ready?

lifecitizen, pls explain what was/is MORONIC from my thread...you can't win a debate from OT (me, that is) becuase YOU never stay long enough...right?


Your threads are always the same- you provide no proof for anything you preach as truth- at best you quote passage after passage of biblical dogma that has no basis in reality- you quote this dogma as absolute truth.

You wouldn't know how to debate OT- you start thread after thread that has nothing to do with conspiracies - you preach at people that is all- and insult people that don't share your [limited] world view- you carry on like a 3 yr old and your constant need to refer to yourself in the third person makes me question your sanity.



posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker
 


Another provacative theme OT -- I like it! In regard to "THE LORD Jesus Christ vs. the MAYANS! Whose side are you on?", I have to say that I don't see either dogma as being in conflict with the other.

I see the Mayan calendar as being a study in astonomy, peppered with their own sense of their place in the universe, their faith. I also see it as an observation of patterns, and a logical assumption of the continuation of those patterns. Myself, I think it's a bit of a misnomer to view the Mayan writings as predictive; it's possible that they were more of a projection or astonomical forecast, much like the methodology of a meteorologist -- observing patterns and making projects of those patterns based upon past experience. Their precision -- just the computation of the length of a year, for example -- 365.242036 days -- is amazingly accurate.

The workings of the Holy Bible, and particularly those writings attributed to Jesus Christ are social lessons, parables that demonstrate moral codes, and less about any scientific measurement. The books were written within context of several cultures and common knowledge of those times.

As an experiment, when I was in college I decided to re-read the Bible, highlighting passages that struck me as science. I knew that Ezekiel was sure to be heavily highlighted, but the surprising outcome was that when I view the writings of the Bible in that context, almost all of GENESIS was highlighted, and continued on through Exodus, Leviticus, etc. I mean, Leviticus??? Where it seems that every infraction of presumed morality gets a person stoned to death? yep, there as well.

I don't believe that either the Mayan calendar/works nor the Holy Bible attempt to pinpoint an "end of days"........ I think they both talk about changing times, marking different phases in human development -- both also being primarily a historical account from a cultural perspective.

This is primarily why I tend to disbelieve the whole 2012 thing. I think it's likely that various ELEs drastically affect this planet, and perhaps even some of those are cyclical, but I don't really believe that the precise date is every going to be knowable. I think to be as prepared as you are able to adapt to rapidly changing/potentially cataclysmic events is important, and I think that the essence of a good life is to be able to be prepared and still live, love, laugh, keep your wonder intact. It's why I don't spend a lot of time fretting about huge global cataclysms -- if they are beyond my ability to affect our survival, I sure don't want to fret away precious moments worrying about it.

Interesting thread!



posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen
 



what would you like to debate?

please come on and engage me....

I'm not going any where.....

btw, did you listen to my audio posted?

OT not preachin here...just a messenger (under your skin)...sorry!



posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I must say the mayan story has way more credibility than the bible. It resonates way more to me than the JC story ever has. The bible leaves to many questions, full of holes, and has one always looking outward for god instead of inward.

Mayans! Hands Down



posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
reply to post by OldThinker
 


Another provacative theme OT -- I like it!



sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just trying to get folks thinkin, am I a bad guy here?


OT



posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

Originally posted by IceDash

Originally posted by OldThinker

Originally posted by IceDash
................sound serious in this one), I don't trust the bible ..............



Yep, this is serious, for sure...why would you NOT trust the WORD OF GOD? Are you anti-goodness?

OT
How do you know if is was word of god? What if humans used it to control..



soooooo. you are ready to tell THE ALL POWERFUL GOD, he 'can't' convey a message...he failed!

Not me...
Why would i tell him he failed? He never fail but we can make everything that is holy fail, Human do this all the time.



posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by eArth33lr
I must say the mayan story has way more credibility than the bible. .....

eArth33lr, so glad you have joined!!!!


Would love to see your back up data on that HYPOTHESIS.....


OT ready, in ways you would never know.....



new topics

top topics



 
7
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join