It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRAN: Outrage, and a warning, over Swiss vote to ban minarets

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

I don't blame Iran for being angry over this. It is a direct attack against muslims.

Sorry Nuc, you are just wrong! Switzerland has 200 mosques with only about 200,000 Muslims. Iran has twice the Christian population but has allowed only 73 Christian Churches. Hipocritacal??

Minarets, (if you haven't figured it out) are just a decoration on top of a Mosque. In Muslim countries an obnoxious prayer caller or Mu'adh-dhin calls the prayer 5 times a day up in the minaret of the mosque. Switzerland does not allow that due to strict noise restrictions. Prayer calling in Switzerland is never going to happen! And neither are minaretes because the Swiss think they are ugly and offensive.

The Swiss are, however, very tolerant with their Muslim population.

Much more tolerant than the Iranians are to their Christians!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
In 2007 there were 1689 mosques in the UK. The number now is anyone's best guess, but I would imagine over 2000?

Once again we have a religion who on one hand tell us how peaceful and misunderstood they are, whilst on the other they threaten violence and reprisals against anyone who doe not conform to their exact wishes.

This evil religion will take over the world unless countries have the courage to say "No! No more pampering and bending over backwards for all things Muslim!"

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

Originally posted by hangedman13
Really, does Iran or any other Islamic nation do anything for the other religions in their nations?

Iran has the largest Jewish population other than Israel..

Oh yeah, and Hollywood

I think you meant to say, "Iran has the largest Jewish population other than Israel.." in the Middle East. They most certainly do not have the 2nd largest population of Jews in the world.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

Originally posted by hangedman13
Really, does Iran or any other Islamic nation do anything for the other religions in their nations?

Iran has the largest Jewish population other than Israel..

Oh yeah, and Hollywood

Please let me clear something up, the Jews and what ever ancient churches there are was from a time before Islam was established, they are just a tribe that did not get wiped out unlike the others in which Muhammad demanded.

We gave them the technology to communicate and they are saying we should live in the 7th century. Iran say that Nuclear power is a God given right, well it was not praying to Allah that gave them that right, I am sure many were blessed through God of the Bible and power of the Spirit which of course they say is Alcohole as a joke which they also ban as a drink.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by really
I think you meant to say, "Iran has the largest Jewish population other than Israel.." in the Middle East. They most certainly do not have the 2nd largest population of Jews in the world.

What does that have to do with the price of eggs in China?

NOTHING.

This isnt about Iran or Israel.

The Swiss chose not to have a certain religious based architectural design in their country. The populous have spoken. I would agree that if a small minority dictated to the population what was what that it would seem foul

But this was a popular vote.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
That kind of rhetoric out of Iran will just make the Swiss more determined. I suspect it will also create more determination in other countries to ban minarets.

This in the final analysis is probably a good thing. The world is headed for a full scale confrontation with Islam. They are getting more and more bold and demanding and maybe it will wake up the idiots who keep saying Islam is a religion of peace.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

What does that have to do with the price of eggs in China?

NOTHING.

This isnt about Iran or Israel.

I agree, slayer. I also agree with the common consensus of this thread. The Swiss may run their country as they see fit and who the hell is some cleric from Iran to threaten them when they do. Beyond that, the 130,000 + Muslims living in Switzerland seem to live a free life where they can practice their religion openly and in a large number of Mosques. Even if they could not, it would be tough luck as Switzerland is the Swiss peoples' country.
However, if you look to page one, someone asked (o paraphrase) what has Iran done for non-Muslims. Then, the guy I answered mentioned that they have the second largest amount of Jewish citizens outside of Israel. This is completely wrong and since it was posted here and not disputed, I disputed it. That's why I answered.
As to the topic of the post. I've heard a few people say that I cannot believe this could happen in a Democratic country. Democratic does not + tolerance or super tolerance or love or whatever. It's a vote of the people (Direct in Democracy, indirect in a Republic). The voters spoke and that's that with minarets. Following strictly the rules of a democracy, I think the Swiss are in the right. Furthermore, considering it is a sovereign nation, I think the Swiss are in the right. I think people who do not like what they have done can decide not to visit Switzerland, to not buy their chocolate, to not bank there or to move from the country.
On a more emotional level, I would rather live in Switzerland than Iran. I would suggest that people who feel differently try living in Switzerland for 3 months and then Iran. After the little experiment is over, they can then share who they think might have the moral high ground to accuse another nation of limiting the freedoms of its citizens.

Edit- for double post.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by really]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Leader to his "circle of evil friends" say:

"I want to take over the world!!!!!!"
Evil guy number 1 says:

"well sir you an try and recruit the worlds largest standing army and go face all your enemies face to face and show them who the boss is."

Evil Guy number 2 says:

"Why do that, when we can immigrate across all the lands, be accepted into their culture, and exploit their freedom of expressions that we do not give our own. This way we will impose our will, but no-one will see the worlds largest army standing at the gates, well be inside the gates with them all the while pointing out and telling them theres an evil coming."

Leader says:
"I like it, i like it evil number 2. Dont let me forget though, Cartoons those reallly gotta piss us off. If we get really pissed off over the little things people will be scared to do big things."

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The grand scheme would be that Hidden govts in both countries will stage this event onto the public for the pretext of starting a war.

Remember internally they might belong to the same lodge

To me scheme looks like collusion between top govt people to dupe the public for NWO agenda

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Iran knows how to "work it" - create international press coverage regarding the issue and force the spotlight on the Swiss, sit back and let international pressure help facilitate and overturn the vote. In the meantime, international eyes are off them for a bit.

+1000...........and again remember, it's "the religion of peace", but if you don't do as we say we'll do something bad to you.

How's that different then ANY other religion?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Looks like a perfect chance for Al-Qaeda or terrorists (CIA/Mossad operations) to strike Europe or allies.

After that, all evils will point to Iran. Same war story.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

You guys are all right, how could these posters ever be construed as racist? Especially the second one.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by wanderingwaldo]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by freighttrain

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Iran knows how to "work it" - create international press coverage regarding the issue and force the spotlight on the Swiss, sit back and let international pressure help facilitate and overturn the vote. In the meantime, international eyes are off them for a bit.

+1000...........and again remember, it's "the religion of peace", but if you don't do as we say we'll do something bad to you.

How's that different then ANY other religion?

Not sure if your post was to me or not, but to clarify;
I wasn't talking about religion, I was talking about politics.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Now Iran has thrown their opinion into the ring. The Swiss voted and it should stand. Who really cares what Iran says. This is getting pretty ridiculous. The Swiss have every right to decide what is built in their own country. Whether Iran or any Islamic country disagrees is of no matter.
[edit on 6-12-2009 by SLAYER69]

Yeah! Discrimination is fun as long as it only targets other peoples' religion. Now, if the swiss banned crosses and giant pictures of Jesus on the freeway, then people would have the right to complain.

I love when simpletons use the speaker to attack the argument. It's like asking which presidential candidate the Taliban endorse. The Taliban like Mr. Smith for president? Well, Smith must hate America and love terrorism!

You fundamentalist neocons are a joke! Once again showing yourselves to be sunny day consitutionalists. You don't actually believe in the ideals on which this country was built if those ideals somehow support someone or something you don't like.

Yes - please spare me the comments that this is Switzerland - not the US. Believe it or not - some Americans believe that the rights and freedoms protected by the Constitution are universal. Some Americans think that that any government passing laws that specifically target particular religions is wrong, regardless of where it takes place.

I pity neocons because they're intellectually incapable of putting themselves in another's shoes. They'd much rather hate and fear those who are different. They'd rather bomb a house into the ground that try to understand those who live within it.

Perhaps, one day some government will decide to ban their religion by preventing the construction of their churches. They'll throw their arms up in the air and whine about heartless leftists. I have zero respect for hypocrites.

Merry Christmas Neocons!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by wanderingwaldo

Thats such a weak argument, how about these, these not racist? common using propaganda?

www.danzfamily.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
I don't blame Iran for being angry over this. It is a direct attack against muslims.

Sure you can argue that the majority may have wanted it. But the majority are most likely brainwashed against muslims. We all know TPTB are masters at that.

They're trying to make muslims throw the first punch so they look like the bad guys. Just like they're trying to get US citizens to throw the first punch so they can bring in martial law.

Not at all.
The people voted and decided against the Minarets.

End of story..

That's democracy for you.

I think the Swiss have every right to decide what happens in their own country.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28

Thats such a weak argument, how about these, these not racist? common using propaganda?

www.danzfamily.com...

Fighting fire with fire reduces all to ashes. Injustice should be fought everywhere, I do not agree with ANY form of discrimination. Those people are ignorant, as are the Swiss in this matter.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This is why Democracy will never spread to Islamic states, the votes only count if they go the way they want. Thats not democracy, you think the rest of the globe was real stoked to see Bush get elected twice? Nooo but we didnt come for him because your democracy voted him in. Well that and if we did come for him wed be wiped off the map, but thats beside my point. A refusal to accept what you dont want is an important part of democracy and these nations will never get that.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Why?
you make statements and put up pictures that are not translated or sourced those could have been from a swiss hate group. Why is it racist or discriminatory to have a vote and live with the results? The reason why the Swiss dont want these is because in Switzerland and other parts of the UK they have been used to preach hatred towards the citizens of the occupied country.
So if i follow your logic, if someone is saying racists things and trying to garner up hatred towards me i should not say anything because it is a specific group wanting to do this? and retaliating would constitute racism? Thats insane!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
The Swiss are, however, very tolerant with their Muslim population.
Much more tolerant than the Iranians are to their Christians!

Have you actually been to Switzerland before? What are you basing your opinion on? A wikipedia article? I've lived there. If you hate Iran so much, why are you using it as a measuring stick? Every country must set out its own ideals and stand by them. It's not enough to simply say that I'm better than this other country.

Banning the construction of churches for a minority religion is not a good idea regardless of how this conduct may be viewed in comparison to another country. Historically, a lot ideas that were very wrong have been endorsed by popular opinion. The problem is that when you begin suppressing this minority, you have begun stifling dissent. Without dissent, there can be no progress.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join