It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Dalai Lama a sham?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Take a look a this: the Dalai Lama supports the War on Terror!

www.smh.com.au...

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I think the original story has been misread there.

says it might be necessary to fight terrorism with violence, and that it is too early to say whether the war in Iraq was a mistake. "I feel only history will tell," he said in an interview in the United States. "Terrorism is the worst kind of violence, so we have to check it, we have to take countermeasures."

This does not say he supports The War On Terror, "might be necessary" are the words used.

To answer your question of is he a sham? No.

I've never met him, but, our eyes did meet while stopped in traffic in Wellington N.Z. back in the early 90's, and, just from that few seconds of smiling at each other I 'got' the most amazing rush of "happy energy". No sham-man could offer that.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Firstly, why was the question even asked of him? I have seen so many "hit" pieces on the Dalai Lama, it's sickening.To me, people look for reasons to dislike the Dalai.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
He also rightly stated this:

"We have to deal with their motivation," he said. "Terrorism comes out of hatred, and also short-sightedness."
Article is a hit piece

I read the article. It's a hit piece. GOODSTEIN probably has an axe to grind.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
complicated topic i feel . lol

I met him a couple years ago when he came to our college to speak.
Before I had met him, I always thought/felt he was good, and true.

However, after I met him.... my feelings changed somewhat.

Since then, Ive been researching him a bit on and off,
and my true feelings are.. He is not exactly what he is made out to be.

When i met him, there were about 6 other students with me who were talking to him, and there was a strange vibe to him. ( all but 2 concurred) lol

He was not mean or negative in any way, he was actually quite humble..
but still, for not being negative at all, there was quite the negative aura/vibe/feeling coming from him.

a feeling of something like dishonesty, mixed with a bit of "elitism"..

I dunno, it was all very strange, and not at all what I had expected.

I feel my intuition is usually right on key..... and most times i know why I have the feelings I do about certain people...

but with this, im not sure why I got those feelings.......
ill say again though... I think there is much more to him than what the masses believe.

what? I dont know.... Ill keep my speculations to myself for now. lol

Blessings

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

"he refused to pass judgement but emphasised that the antidote to terrorism in the long term was "Compassion, dialogue - peaceful means"."

Sorry, which part of that don't you get? LOL!

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

He is his Holiness the Dalai Lama, Spiritual Leader of the Tibetan People, not a Z list celeb, like Tony Blair. What exactly did you expect?

Also, he has quietly been suffering health problems for the last few years.

Maybe the Queen of England will be more "ON" for you when you meet her.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by maya27
reply to post by Ahmose

He is his Holiness the Dalai Lama, Spiritual Leader of the Tibetan People, not a Z list celeb, like Tony Blair. What exactly did you expect?

Also, he has quietly been suffering health problems for the last few years.

Maybe the Queen of England will be more "ON" for you when you meet her.

funny guy eh? lol

Thanks for the lesson, But I am well aware.
Yes, Spiritual Leader of the Tibetan People, very good.

what my friend, is your point?

I told of my experience with the man.
Did I tell it wrong maybe? what's the problem?

what was I expecting?

hmm....
something like this..

by Tayesin~
just from that few seconds of smiling at each other I 'got' the most amazing rush of "happy energy". No sham-man could offer that.

does that work?

Not sure what your talking about celebrities and tony blair for,
i am not a fan of either, in any way. lol

queen of england?
you've got to be kidding.

I would purposely avoid any place your ole queeny went.

nice try though.

Ive got nothing against H.H. ,
I just shared my experience and the feelings from it.
I also mentioned I was far from the only one to 'feel' it.
So its nothing personal.
I personally love Tibet and Tibetan culture, teachings, and people...
Im not being biased or anything, just sharing my honest feelings/experience with the man.
nor was I being judgemental or purposely negative...
why must you be?

[edit on 6-12-2009 by Ahmose]

[edit on 6-12-2009 by Ahmose]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Indeed, the Dalai Lama we hold as a Highly spiritual and peaceful fellow is no such thing. This fellow led the way in the NWO sanctioned World Prayer in the late 80s early 90s. Also, he supports and is even enthusiastic about the false Maitreya, not the Maitreya of Buddhist belief, but that of Benjamin Creme fame.

With a little research, one will come to either of two conclusions about this false Maitreya. A. he is non existant, or B. he is the "anti-christ". Making Benjamin Creme either A. a run of the mill scamartist, or B. the "False Prophet".

When one looks at the bible as the blueprint for those "elites" in the know, then one sees that indeed this Maitreya could be the Anti-christ, meaning the one whom luciferian NWO has been waiting for. Dont worry about it from a religious standpoint, for religion is nothing but a control system. Look at it like this. The Elites descendants have a guiding outline of what needs to be done. They have to make the conditions for the arrival of the "one" be in effect. So they go about doing to society what they have been doing as of the last 100 or so years. Why? for the emergence of this false messiah, who in reality is their true messiah.

This being Maitreya has nothing to with God, nor Spirituality, and indeed would be a detriment to Spirituality if he does exist. The Dalai Lama supporting such things means he has been corrupted. This is why he puts of such negatiivity. Anyone having anything to do with this Maitreya puts of bad mojo. If you are sensitive to the auraus and vibes of humans, then listen to Benjamin Creme for five minutes, it ill have your body puking up negativity in rejection.

The Dalai Lama is no more an advanced spiritual being than Dick Cheney. He has been recruited to the other side. There is an imbalance.

Love and Peace

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by M157yD4wn

If you are sensitive to the auraus and vibes of humans, then listen to Benjamin Creme for five minutes, it ill have your body puking up negativity in rejection.

i am very sensitive to them.

I have also listened to that creme fellow,
and the vibes i get from him are 100x worse than anything i received in front of HH. lol

i dont much get into the whole "anti christ" bits...

but i do believe strongly that the maitreya that is emerging will (when he comes out from under his rock).. be a false prophet indeed.

HH a sham? i dunno, but there is something not right, there...
maitreya? definitely a sham!!!

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

I wasn't being negative, just asking you what you realistically expected from the encounter, all things considered.

No need to insult me...She's not my queen. That is why I ref'd her as Q of England. I'm a Scot!

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by maya27
reply to post by Ahmose

I wasn't being negative, just asking you what you realistically expected from the encounter, all things considered.

No need to insult me...She's not my queen. That is why I ref'd her as Q of England. I'm a Scot!

ohh, a true question without any pun intended.. cool
lol

To be honest, I didnt really have expectations,
except to meet a man that i had admired for a long time.
and perhaps be bathed in his light for a few brief moments..

but i was definitely not expecting the feelings that myself, and 4 others walked away with. lol
it was...................... hmm.... strange.

lol

still
'n about the queen of england tho. lol
ive not yet been to england, always wanted to visit though. lol

Peace

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Believe in doctrine, not individuals.

Believe in the Dharma, not the person of the Buddha.

Follow the words and teachings of Christ, rather than trying to "establish a personal relationship with Him" or worship him.

Eschew all Gurus and saints. All humans are fallable.

If we strove to live by the wisdom espoused by our great faiths rather than flinging ourselves at the feet of their all-too-human representatives, we might get it right for once.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

I'd say the Dalai Lama is as much a sham as the Pope. Both of their job qualifications are pretty much immaterial and faith-based.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Well, enjoy your trip to England. Scotland nicer though.

You could visit Samye Linge Monastery in Eskdalemuir and the Holy Isle off the Isle of Arran.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
To explore the OP I will bring this up. One time he was talking about world charities and how it was very important in Buddism to alleviate suffering. I sort of got the idea that he was way off in terms of Buddism. Speaking of it that way could really cause a lot of confusion in terms of understanding the point of Buddhism. Feeding someone or giving the cold a blanket alleviates pain. Suffering is our own doing, as in making a mountain out of a molehill or losing control of our self. "Pain is inevitable, suffering is not." Buddhism's goal is to end suffering, not appease pain.

But I guess it could just be that all the religions have really had major impacts on eachother. The Dalai Lama seems to have a lot of Christian qualities. Jesus is much more of a symbol of worldly charities as they are than Buddha if you ask me. Jesus fed the poor and healed the sick, Buddha didn't do these things, Buddha was on an entirely different path, he had different goals. Buddha was getting to the "deeper" causes of suffering.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Silent Thunder~
Believe in doctrine, not individuals. Believe in the Dharma, not the person of the Buddha. Follow the words and teachings of Christ, rather than trying to "establish a personal relationship with Him" or worship him. Eschew all Gurus and saints. All humans are fallable. If we strove to live by the wisdom espoused by our great faiths rather than flinging ourselves at the feet of their all-too-human representatives, we might get it right for once.

Beautifully said m'friend.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Ahmose,

You know there are times when what we are feeling is our own thing and not that of another person. Example: A friend of mine was wanting to meet a teacher but had some issues within her that made her feel put-off when she did meet this teacher. It was her own issues that came to the surface in that situation, as she did not want to be "seen through" for her own issues.

Not saying this is what happened with you and four others, just offering another possibility.

Enjoy your trip.

M157yD4wn,

I have never seen or read anything that states Tenzin Gyatso is a supporter of Creme's version of Maitreya. If Tenzin was a supporter of Creme's Maitreya then I would expect to read so on Creme's website, yes?

I think it might be more the case that Tenzin is supportive of The Maitreya... the next Buddha of Compassion.

This Maitreya is not Creme's version.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

I couldn't agree more.

I have come across a few of your posts, and meant to "friend" you before. Have now.

Ahmose. I hope the sun shines for you, wherever your journey takes you.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Any time you meet a truly spiritual person, you're going to get a "strange vibe." We live in such a materialistic society that anyone who doesn't give off the "vibe" of "materialistic lust" is viewed as being "strange."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join