It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than 50 papers join in front-page leader article on climate change

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Meet the profeteers investors that will be making profits while we the tax payers will be forwarding the trillions that will be needed for the pursue of whatever ventures comes out from any climate bills.

The investors get the profits, create the bubbles and our children will be bailing out next in the futures their failures.

Nearly 50 leading U.S. and European investors representing more than $8 trillion of assets met on Feb. 14 at the United Nations to lay out a timetable for their commitments to global climate change and to call on governments and other investors to act with their money as well.

Go to love the profeteers salivating on the prospest after all with full govenrment tax payer backing who can lose.

www.marketwatch.com...

This is great but no for the tax payer.

Distribution of wealth and tax payer dollars without legislation.

Bill S. 2191 extracts trillions of dollars from the mil­lions of American energy consumers and delivers this wealth to permanently identified classes of recipients, such as tribal groups and preferred tech­nology sectors, while largely circumventing the normal congressional appropriations process. Unbound by the periodic review of the normal bud­getary process, this de facto tax-and-spend program threatens to become permanent--independent of the goals of the legislation.

www.heritage.org...

Now remember people that congress is full with bills like S.2191, that all it does is leaching our nations future to restribute it among those that pays the highest campaign money in Washignton.

We will just get the bills.

Bills already in congress,

Lieberman–McCain
(S. 280)

Bingaman–Specter
(S. 1766)

Feinstein–Carper
(S. 317)

Olver–Gilchrest
(H.R. 620)

Waxman–Allen
(H.R. 1590)

Kerry–Snowe
(S. 485)

Sanders–Boxer
(S. 309)

www.heritage.org...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Well I guess if you leave it to the profiteers from climate bills we all be wearing fart meters on our butts to make sure our personal emissions doesn't reach our daily allowance without heavy penalties, you know animals including humans does emit gas is part of our natural body functions, but please we are now to blame climate change to that?, sorry but in my opinion this is ridiculous.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
reply to post by blueorder

All of those who see a conspiracy here are seeing whatever they wish to see. So yeah my original sarcastic post makes even more sense the more I read it.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by john124]

No way, someone saw a conspiracy, hang on a minute, I'm sure someone once told me about ATS, isn't it a........

Go on, finish it yourself bud!

[edit on 7-12-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by kiwifoot

Here is some climate change information for you showing the effects of global warming on the planet. It is undeniable!
People all over the planet are feeling it's devastating effects on their lands, their lives and their livelihoods.
Will you all wait until the waters reach your front door before you decide this is a crucial issue?
Let us accept this sad fact of reality and move on with ways to help those already affected by climate change... before they die.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 7-12-2009 by rusethorcain]

Okay, the fact that our planet is warming is up is undeniable, possibly.

But the idea that it is a result of human activity is far from undeniable.

Not just that, the notion that taxing me, restricting me and controlling me will reverse or halt this warming is so far from undeniable it's actually scary.

PROVE it, that's all I ask, prove beyond a reasonable doubt that this warming (if there is any) is caused by humans and can be reversed by humans and I'll sign up to relinquish my rights, money and freedom.

Until then, step off! (Not you but those who would do this to me!)

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Is interesting that you bring that out, I heard that most of the trillion dollars been proposed at the expenses of tax payer, and our children future like everything that is done in this nation now a days is going into the hands of ever body else but us the tax payer

You would think people would be considering that important; which only further the depth of sleep they are in.

interesting to see how now even with our economy falling we still have morons in Washington whoring themselves to pimps in corporate lobbyist groups to keep bringing America to its knees,, and the propaganda is just getting started as you can see by some post in this thread so far.

And our, "public servants" in the government learned to follow the money a long time ago; only they are there to get paid to sell us out; and they know it. You obviously know that too..

I have been following the deterioration of our nation, our politics and way of life to laws and pursue of means to leach our wealth, now we get to go all over again with the same crap with the climate change bill pursuers.

And again; no-one's going to rise up. I have personally given up hope of that. Bottom line; that will leave the martyrs/innocent victims, to their job. Sad

When people are going to learn that we are the losers either way, because somebody up and higher than us means to profit while screwing us at the bottom.

How can they ever just learn to win, and quit moving under the genocidal bankers that profit by our lack enough? By the way those links were not the only ones.

The good news is that they are able to do the same with about any waste whatsoever; making it more applicable than one would first get by going to only one sight:
www.oilprice.com...

www.tradekey.com...
etc.

And like I said: We are the quire.. It is up to us to sing enlightenment into the world through all means possible. People need to apply/become involved/get out more often; and I am sure you allready know that.

The meat in the frog is starting to boil; and it's stone ignorant to the fact that it is in its' last moment of ability to even think about jumping out of the hot water it's in. So unfortunate.

No consequencE..

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Okay, first things first. I am going to assume that English is not your first language, I'm not being snarky but just wanted to let you know that I'm going to treat your argument as it should be written not as it is written.

How did we get from global warming to Cap and Trade? Honestly, two completely different arguments here. HYou may be right Cap and Trade might not solve our dependency on foreign oil. I was making a broader point about the people fighting against climate change legislation are corporations who know that climate change legislation will eventually force them to lower their emissions, probably by forcing new standards of cleanliness.

Now back to your whole, climate change is about the money line.

Yes, I am certain there are money grubbers in the green industries of the world. But for you to say that because some people will get rich in a green economy is reason not to begin establishing a green economy is just dumb. The whole foundation of a green economy allows us to cut emissions, raise fuel efficiency standards, work towards alternative technologies and allow people to get rich. Don't you remember the whole, 'environmentalism will never work because it is anti-capitalist, anti-free market' canard of the last century? How far we've come. Now you're suggesting that we shouldn't impose green legislation because people will get too rich... HA, that's a good one. And hypocritical too.

"I do enough research on the government bills and big business profiteering to know better." If you call watching Fox News research.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I do applaud your willingness to say silly things in a public forum.

But
"I can pull out many instances of devastation, famines and death from climate since men has walked the earth. But hey now we have to watch out, because propaganda said this never happen before and is our fault."

You're right on that, history is full of these instances, but history is also full of instances where young nations, grew faster than their resource pool and were forced to expand aggressively until their civilizations collapsed because they'd used up all their resources. the people is Easter Island, many tribes in the American SW, and possible some of the ancient civilizations of meso-America. So, history is on my side on this one, with the knowledge that grand civilizations have been destroyed by lack of resources, why shouldn't we try and change course.

At this point you're just not being reasonable. History tells us to conserve or die, it's a simple choice.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kenochs

Dumb and hypocritical? I happened to be enjoying the obvious, "accent".. Love your mature, informative responses.

Do you have something, "enhancing" to add to the thread other than mental masturbation? Sorry; Just saying.

No consequencE..

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Scientist’s Himalayan mission provides unwelcome proof: glaciers are dying

www.timesonline.co.uk...

What about this? From the TIMES ONLINE UK

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by noconsequence

I thought so, but evidently not. I like to use big words.
And one quick point: if everyone who wrote self-indulgent nonsense on this site was banned, it'd be a lonely place.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by kenochs]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by seethelight

Rape is a provable crime, to a point, but in many cases juries still decide based on things less real than the evidence for global climate change.

Again....rape and global warming? Seriously? I am not arguing that the world is not getting warmer -- I am arguing that the affect humans have on said warming is negligible at best!

Further, I think that all of this money and projects to try to combat global warming is going to do more harm than good.

Sorry -- I am not at all comfortable with the government shooting crap into our skies, which then travels back down for us to breathe, all in the name of protecting Earth. What, I ask you, will happen when terrorists take control of that little machine?

but that wasn't the point... the point was that if we throw out everything created by the elite there'd be little left, especially as far as society is concerned.

Are you really going to jump to such gross exaggerations in order to make a point? Who said anything about throwing out every idea the elitists have come up with? Accepting some of their ideas as valid does not equal all of their ideas being valid.

Isn't this a global warming thread?

In addition to that, I don't disagree that global warming is occurring naturally, to some degree, but NOT to the degree we're seeing.

That's also what the UN says and what thousands of scientists from dozens of countries think.

Oh...well....excuse me -- if the UN says it it MUST be true!

Finally, I'm not sure what you think is more important than trying to figure out a way to stop the wholesale destruction of our way of life.

"Wholesale destruction of our life"

Did you get that from the Copenhagen brochure?

I think that saving the Earth is extremely important. I think that a way to start would have been for the elitists in Copenhagen to leave their darn jets, limos, and caviar home!!!

As I've said, declaring carbon dioxide a hazardous material, taxing the masses, and having the government tinker with weather and mother nature IS NOT the way to save the Earth.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I never knew that glaciers were living beings. Just goes to show how unscientific I am. /s

reply to post by kenochs

Here we go again, another member of the Church, yes, all us heretics no nothing of the word. /s

You really need to quit with the propaganda pushing. Ever hear of mind control? Repeating a lie enough times gets weak minded people to actually start pushing the lie themselves.

Kind of like Chicken Little, oh no the sky is falling, oh no, the Earth is melting.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kenochs

You're right on that, history is full of these instances, but history is also full of instances where young nations, grew faster than their resource pool and were forced to expand aggressively until their civilizations collapsed because they'd used up all their resources. the people is Easter Island, many tribes in the American SW, and possible some of the ancient civilizations of meso-America. So, history is on my side on this one, with the knowledge that grand civilizations have been destroyed by lack of resources, why shouldn't we try and change course.

At this point you're just not being reasonable. History tells us to conserve or die, it's a simple choice.

So which ‘young’ nation are you speaking of? Which lack of resources are you speaking of? Which historical event is about to happen, where and when did it happen before and how is it measurably comparable to modern day circumstances? How has CO2 causing climate change suddenly turned into a lack of resources about to destroy all humanity? Or are you just testing your own methane production?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenochs

I thought so, but evidently not. I like to use big words.
And one quick point: if everyone who wrote self-indulgent nonsense on this site was banned, it'd be a lonely place.

Nothing personal; it's just that though we are obviously doing harm to the Earth; the problems lie in places other than where we are being told. And the answers do too.

In the end they are more obviously just seeking gain by any means possible; and the climate change is a good threatening event where we can be scared into giving up more rights/freedoms/wealth/security/power.

Edit to add: that has proven to be the case, more than noble reasons to pursue their claimed agenda. It's up to people whether they want to believe their eyes or not.

No consequencE..

Thank you.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by noconsequence]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

I never knew that glaciers were living beings. Just goes to show how unscientific I am. /s

What about the Inuits of Greenland? Losing their way of life? And the fires in India and other parts of the planet.
Here in Florida we have playgrounds that are spontaneously com busting...come on.
Sometimes the sky doesn't have to fall on you...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Here in Florida we have playgrounds that are spontaneously com busting...come on.
Sometimes the sky doesn't have to fall on you...

Any pictures or sources for these spontaneously combusting playgrounds? And the part where it's directly linked to man-made global warming would be a bonus.

I frequent Florida and have numerous friends and family down there. I would love to be able to warn them of the danger.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
( Here in Florida we have playgrounds that are spontaneously com busting...come on.)

Oh! This is just too Good!!!

This is how wacked people are, Global Gore Warming.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Maybe it is all one big coincidence, eh chief

It's not much of a coincidence at all.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627

"I frequent Florida and have numerous friends and family down there. I would love to be able to warn them of the danger" -quote from lpowell

Here are three other events, I am still looking for the incidents in Florida. Even if I don't find it I recommend you keep your kids off the playgrounds when it is hot out side. This is not normal.

Spontaneous fire closes school playgrounds
www.dallasnews.com...

Mulch starts playground Fire
www.fox4kc.com...

I cut and pasted the notes below (or visit the link) from another schools superintendents meeting: Why don't you just google spontaneous combustion/playgrounds and see for yourself?

www.aisd.net...

"This summer Missy Adams, science department leader at Nichols JH, and Stacy Hays, science teacher at Workman JH, spent a week in Rockdale, Texas, learning about the coal mining industry. As part of their workshop, the teachers toured an aluminum plant, a coal power plant and a strip coal
mine, along with bringing back classroom curriculum and samples. Dr. Bernd thanked these teachers for putting such effort into making science interesting and relevant for their students.

Dr. Bernd gave an update on the status of playgrounds across the district. The playground at Anderson Elementary caught fi re last week, apparently as a result of spontaneous combustion caused by the decomposition of engineered wood fi ber used to cushion the playground’s fall zone. We have 35 playgrounds spread among 20 campuses that use this same material, and our maintenance-and-operations staff is currently in the process of removing all wood fi ber material and replacing it with pea gravel on all 35 sites. "

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Dr. Bernd gave an update on the status of playgrounds across the district. The playground
at Anderson Elementary caught fi re last week, apparently as a result of spontaneous combustion
caused by the decomposition of engineered wood fi ber used to cushion the playground’s fall
zone. We have 35 playgrounds spread among 20 campuses that use this same material, and our
maintenance-and-operations staff is currently in the process of removing all wood fi ber material and
replacing it with pea gravel on all 35 sites. Our goal is to have the project fi nished within two weeks.

So they are recalling the materials being used. Everywhere.

Fiats had a similar problem but nobody blamed global warming. Perhaps they should have.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join