It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than 50 papers join in front-page leader article on climate change

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

You are right it is all about money.
It is about the oil companies spending millions to make sure we continue our dependence on oil, international and otherwise, maintaining the destabilization of the Middle East and therefore ensuring that we continue to sacrifice human lives in the desert sands.
And it's all about corporations trying to ensure there are no new regulations that will force them to clean the refuse they routinely dump into our streams and rivers, and air, and oceans.
It's about rapacious miners working to kill any legislation that allows them to blow the tops off of one of the oldest mountain ranges in the world to dig out the coal.
It's all about someone who is willing to sacrifice their children and grandchild's future for one tiny slice of a dirty pie.
Yeah it's all about money, and you're helping them get rich.
Congratulations.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by seethelight

It's true that it would be great if all leaders were as altruistic as you'd like them to be.

It's also true that the rich will ALWAYS behave like spoiled children.

Should we overturn laws against rape because the people who created them were the wealthy elite?

Should we disbelieve that smoking causes cancer because some doctors are less than honest?

You people are so confused.

1. You missed the part where I said "that will never happen"

2. Rape = global warming?????
3. Smoking = cancer = global warming??????

Talk about a person that is confused.

Rape is a provable crime and should be punished to the full extent of the law.

Smoking causes cancer. Again, there is the science to back this claim up.

Global warming however DOES NOT have science on its side when trying to prove it is caused by humans.

If you had bothered to look into the temperature of the Earth over the last several million years you will find that the Earth has warmed before. Further, as realized by some other scientists, the planets (Venus, Saturn, etc.) are also warming.

I suppose the next thing you are going to tell me is that man is also having an effect on Venus.

My entire point, which apparently you missed, is that there are 50 million ways (that are more beneficial) to be spending all of this money than on having a meeting to convince us we are the problem and should pay to fix it.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kenochs

Finally, some common sense here! It seems just as ridiculous to say that we're causing all of climate change, as we are causing none whatsoever. The concern is not that we're solely going to destroy the planet through our actions alone. The concern is that we may be working with large (solar or galactic) cycles against the best interest of humanity.

Nature does have natural cycles, large and small. I think it foolish to assume we can have no impact whatsoever on how these outer influences impact earth. It's not a one way thing, it's an interaction. If we change the variables on earth, this will change how these influences are received.

At the same time, I think we should actually be more concerned with other environmental issues. Electromagnetic radiation, plastics, DU, nuclear radiation, heavy metals, etc..No matter what we do, life will change drastically this century. Losing 200,000-2m species last century was nothing compared to what will (and is already) occur(ing) in the next 90. We're in for a bumpy ride. That's for sure.

If the corporations and governments of the world were truly looking at the big picture and concerned for anything other than $$ and control, these issues and others would be addressed. Instead, we're narrowly focusing in on one point. I fear that too little action will be taken, too late.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Let me put it into more lame words that perhaps some will understand . . .

Climate change is all about money, get it? is nothing but somebody and some groups capitalizing and cashing out on the newest trend, blaming humans for the earth cycles after all we can not blame the sun or earth itself, because they can not be taxed, but we humans are.

Wake up people is thousands of lobbyist in congress making sure that a climate bill will enrich their pockets, and the climate will still change and is not a darn thing that any of us will be able to stop

In fact this is all completely wrong.

People were going on about climate change for a LONG time before money was involved... what did happen is that political leaders realised that business people wouldn't respond to the stick of legislation, but would to the carrot or tax credits, cap and trade, etc.

The left actually doesn't have much a stomach for things like cap and trade, but instead these ideas are seen as flawed, but pragmatic approaches to win over business types...

It's also funny, you gotta feel a bit of pity for Gore... lambasted for owning tobacco as it went against his supposed principles then lambasted for owning stock in green tech because it proves he's a money-grubber.

The guy can't win...anything.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by seethelight

A nice metaphor for life.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kenochs

I am not helping anybody, that is such a lame conclusion from your part, that in the absurdity of the post and your believe you have not done a good job of finding out what is all behind the so call climate change propaganda for profits that started back in 2001, none of the bills for climate change or CRAP and trade is going to stop the dependency of foreign oil, so better get a wake up call on that one but I tell you what you are going to get a bill and more higher prices on even the fart you emit in your own house.

Climate change is nothing but about money, and our children and grandchildren are going to inherit the bills that our government will be getting on top of the disastrous national debt to finance countries like Brazil, China and India Trillions of dollars proposed from the climate bill for those nations to pretend that we can buy them favors for stopping their polution practices, do me a favor and do some more research on the profiteers of climate change, because obviously you are very much taken by the sugar coating propaganda of needed bills.

Follow the money trail, it will wake you up to some realities that you may not want to face.

I do enough research on the government bills and big business profiteering to know better.

Everything done in congress is for the benefits of profeteers we just get the bills, or have you forgotten the makets scam.

Lo an behold people have just short term memories. . .

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627

Originally posted by seethelight

It's true that it would be great if all leaders were as altruistic as you'd like them to be.

It's also true that the rich will ALWAYS behave like spoiled children.

Should we overturn laws against rape because the people who created them were the wealthy elite?

Should we disbelieve that smoking causes cancer because some doctors are less than honest?

You people are so confused.

1. You missed the part where I said "that will never happen"

2. Rape = global warming?????
3. Smoking = cancer = global warming??????

Talk about a person that is confused.

Rape is a provable crime and should be punished to the full extent of the law.

Smoking causes cancer. Again, there is the science to back this claim up.

Global warming however DOES NOT have science on its side when trying to prove it is caused by humans.

If you had bothered to look into the temperature of the Earth over the last several million years you will find that the Earth has warmed before. Further, as realized by some other scientists, the planets (Venus, Saturn, etc.) are also warming.

I suppose the next thing you are going to tell me is that man is also having an effect on Venus.

My entire point, which apparently you missed, is that there are 50 million ways (that are more beneficial) to be spending all of this money than on having a meeting to convince us we are the problem and should pay to fix it.

Rape is a provable crime, to a point, but in many cases juries still decide based on things less real than the evidence for global climate change.

but that wasn't the point... the point was that if we throw out everything created by the elite there'd be little left, especially as far as society is concerned.

In addition to that, I don't disagree that global warming is occurring naturally, to some degree, but NOT to the degree we're seeing.

That's also what the UN says and what thousands of scientists from dozens of countries think.

Finally, I'm not sure what you think is more important than trying to figure out a way to stop the wholesale destruction of our way of life.

Tax cuts?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Here is some climate change information for you showing the effects of global warming on the planet. It is undeniable!
People all over the planet are feeling it's devastating effects on their lands, their lives and their livelihoods.
Will you all wait until the waters reach your front door before you decide this is a crucial issue?
Let us accept this sad fact of reality and move on with ways to help those already affected by climate change... before they die.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 7-12-2009 by rusethorcain]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by kenochs

I am not helping anybody, that is such a lame conclusion from your part, that in the absurdity of the post and your believe you have not done a good job of finding out what is all behind the so call climate change propaganda for profits that started back in 2001, none of the bills for climate change or CRAP and trade is going to stop the dependency of foreign oil, so better get a wake up call on that one but I tell you what you are going to get a bill and more higher prices on even the fart you emit in your own house.

Climate change is nothing but about money, and our children and grandchildren are going to inherit the bills that our government will be getting on top of the disastrous national debt to finance countries like Brazil, China and India Trillions of dollars proposed from the climate bill for those nations to pretend that we can buy them favors for stopping their polution practices, do me a favor and do some more research on the profiteers of climate change, because obviously you are very much taken by the sugar coating propaganda of needed bills.

Follow the money trail, it will wake you up to some realities that you may not want to face.

I do enough research on the government bills and big business profiteering to know better.

Everything done in congress is for the benefits of profeteers we just get the bills, or have you forgotten the makets scam.

Lo an behold people have just short term memories. . .

What a nice long post full of absolutely nothing.

Post some information next time.

And hey, not everything done in congress is for profit. In fact, while congress is hugely corrupt, it has done a hell of a lot of good. It's just hard to see it through all of the #.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by seethelight

History needs no research if you have been good student in school.

Still what a joke congress has brought this nations to its knees with corporate favoritism and you think they are doing a great job.

I see now where you coming from, so I guess is nothing more to say to you, obviously you are stuck on a point.

Good luck and I hope you get more people to support what you are trying to do.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenochs

You are right it is all about money.
And it's all about corporations trying to ensure there are no new regulations that will force them to clean the refuse they routinely dump into our streams and rivers, and air, and oceans.
It's about rapacious miners working to kill any legislation that allows them to blow the tops off of one of the oldest mountain ranges in the world to dig out the coal.
It's all about someone who is willing to sacrifice their children and grandchild's future for one tiny slice of a dirty pie.
Yeah it's all about money, and you're helping them get rich.
Congratulations.

BRAVO. I AGREE COMPLETELY AND THINK THIS SHOULD BE SAID AGAIN.
and in fact hollered out loudly into the cyberworld

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Another one that forgot to do historical research on what the hostility of our climate and earth through the centuries, I can pull out many instances of devastation, famines and death from climate since men has walked the earth.

But hey now we have to watch out, because propaganda said this never happen before and is our fault.

No wonder America is so vulnerable, our poor education has make sure of that.

Lost of ancient civilizations has been lost to climate change before but I guess that part of historical knowledge doesn't apply, in ancient times they were attributed to the anger of gods now is the fault of men.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
As we speak there is a big report on TV, (at great expense and carbon footprint just to bolster up the Copenhagen news) about how global warming (they haven’t quite caught up with only using the new approved ‘climate change’ label) is destroying a whole community on the islands of Kiribati. I quote; “Because of others, they are the world’s first casualties of climate change.” Which means that the sea is rising because you drove your pick up to the store, you island destroyers you.

They are now claming that one villager’s diabetes and subsequent leg amputation has been caused by global warming too. As apparently they could not grow their crops, they had to import food, and he became suddenly addicted to sugar and developed diabetes. As I am not sure that diabetes is brought on that quickly, if at all ever, by merely consuming lots of sugar. As the man needs to take responsibility for consuming vast amounts of sugar, I have to just laugh at the stupidity of reporting nowadays.
Wait…..I have just checked the rival BBC’s website to find that diabetes CANNOT be caused by too much sugar.

So it is lies all around as usual in the media. Why would they lie? The exact same reason as any scientist employed on a research project would lie. A TV reporter is given a brief. He is told, ‘Today you will go to the Pacific and you will report that sea levels have risen as a direct effect of people’s recklessness; that global warming is to blame. You will find someone else who has directly been affected in an unusual way’. When he rings back with the diabetes nonsense, his line producer will be pleased. This is another flavour to the report. I mean how many shots of people wading happily through water can entertain the public.

So regardless of the truth, this reporter has fulfilled the brief that he has been given. He has remained employed. Had he gone to the island and said ‘The sea levels may have risen, although we won’t know for sure what has caused the flooding for 30 years, but it is unlikely to be because of anything to do with climate change, but just a normal cyclic event, and a natural effect of the way the islands are,’ he would fly back and be out of a job. Same thing with the scientists.
And it is all flaming hysteria and LIES, because hysteria and sensationalism gets people’s interest. Hysteria gets funding. Hysteria gets millions in government grants (often to those in government), without too many people getting suspicious.

Reading about Kiribati it seems that it is not necessarily about sea levels rising as they appear to have lowered. But as the islands lie on a tectonic ledge, some sink and some rise. That’s the joys of nature for you. As the islands are very unstable anyway based on sand sediments that shift and are hardly above sea level normally, all of this is pure hysterics. It may take 30 years to work out what the exact reason for the flooding is…but in the meantime it will and is being blamed on global damn fraudulent warming.

www.bigempire.com...

Then they go on to report that the islanders can move to Australia, or they could build up their sea defences, but that would be too EXPENSIVE.

So, tax and ruin the entire world (apart from the countries that have the sense to have none of it), make fatty Gore even richer…and Obama (who you will find is up to his neck in this corruption and criminality and money making), and Goldman Sachs and Maurice Strong and probably Bill Ayers and that Soros pig and Uncle Tom Cobbley an’ all…but there’s no money to remedy the sea rising…anywhere….and the sea is rising naturally, as that is what it does…and then it will lower…and then it will rise.
God give me strength.

Here’s an interesting article about involvement and Obama and Gore.

www.canadafreepress.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by oneclickaway

Actually with all the success of the profiteers of the swine flu scam with government help you have seen how the population felt for it, I can not wait to see now how the propaganda for climate change bills is going to bring a new hoard of newest propaganda to cloud again the easily malleable mentality of the American people.

It doesn't stop to amazed me how gullible people can be, with the right manipulation.

Like I am now supposedly kissing capitalistic pigs butts and climate change profiteers because I am no easily manipulated, the same way that when I pointed out to the scam behind the profiteering of swine flu and their untested vaccine I was even call a mass murdered for talking ill about mass vaccination.

I just have to love the propaganda.

Keep the people blind and their minds obfuscated, so they can never learn to think by themselves.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Then prompt education is the standard we might raise here and now. We are the quire that we keep singing to. How about we dig and tweet all we can and raise awareness, while providing the answers at the same time like the post did here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I would suggest people apply all they have from here on out; in the form of enlightening those you care about, and all to whom you can.

No consequencE..

Thank you.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by noconsequence]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Kicking our carbon habit within a few short decades will require a feat of engineering and innovation to match anything in our history. But whereas putting a man on the moon or splitting the atom were born of conflict and competition, the coming carbon race must be driven by a collaborative effort to achieve collective salvation.

So climate change is the new 'enemy' that Reagan (I think it was Reagan?) was talking about? Something along the lines of a world-common enemy, to bring nations together.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by noconsequence

Is interesting that you bring that out, I heard that most of the trillion dollars been proposed at the expenses of tax payer, and our children future like everything that is done in this nation now a days is going into the hands of ever body else but us the tax payer

I read that article, then I remember the struggle of the farmers or may I say the reminding farmers in our nation that will be hit with the CRAP and SCAM and the climate bill and then this is all starting to look like the way, the free trade agreements cause the leaching of our jobs and industries to third world countries, now called developing countries and the fiasco we are facing now by the same policies that were sold to us as beneficial for our working force, interesting to see how now even with our economy falling we still have morons in Washington whoring themselves to pimps in corporate lobbyist groups to keep bringing America to its knees,, and the propaganda is just getting started as you can see by some post in this thread so far.

I have been following the deterioration of our nation, our politics and way of life to laws and pursue of means to leach our wealth, now we get to go all over again with the same crap with the climate change bill pursuers.

When people are going to learn that we are the losers either way, because somebody up and higher than us means to profit while screwing us at the bottom.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Comatose

Yes I guess you are right, but one thing the same way that free trade were to unite us and bring wealth to the world of developing countries now we are finding out the hard way that we are in the US thanks to corporate greed are elevating the developing countries while our nation is falling into decay.

Something that people have so short time memories (my husband one of them) and are forgetting what has been taken from our nations future in the name of controlled by the few capitalistic practices.

Climate change is nothing but another way to leech Americans tax payer from their earned wealth while the few keep enriching their dirty pockets.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Well way to go 'colonial powers' for leaving such a mess behind after raping resources (mainly other humans). Oh wait, that's happening now in the 'eastern world'?

Maybe this is just balancing things out a bit. Balance isn't good?

I would use a smiley but I find that I really want to punch the ATS ones in their little faces.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Climate change is real and aggravated by the pollution produced by mankind, and even the gas from cows...

It is truly tragic that this one issue has become a sticking point. Of all the genuine hoaxes out there and all the conspiracies our government is responsible for...THIS IS NOT ONE OF THEM!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join