It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than 50 papers join in front-page leader article on climate change

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Wow! Are TPTB getting desperate or what?

I actually sat and counted last night and during the course of one hour long TV programme, there were 7 adverts for climate change. That's 7 in 4 commercial breaks! Nearly 2 per 5 minute break!

The MSM is the lap dog of TPTB and this has become ever more evident since these emails were leaked, as they have hardly (if ever) been mentioned in the MSM, even though it is a huge scandal. Instead, they are reporting exactly the opposite, but even more aggressively, shoving it down our throats at every turn.

Ya know, I used to read the paper and watch the news, just in case there might be anything true in there, although taking it with a pinch of salt. Since finding ATS, that has all changed. Now the MSM just makes me angry at the hypocracy and obvious bias that they show.

[edit for spelnig]

[edit on 7-12-2009 by nik1halo]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

Its becoming incredibly obvious isn't it?These same papers have attempted to gloss over the recent hacked emails from the ECU,often attempting to water down what can only be described as a concerted effort to bend/hide/destroy the climate data which does not fit in with their psuedo religious global warming mantra.
Now on the day of copenhagen they all get together to hit us with this conspiracy to control the masses under the guise of man made climate change.
What else can this be called other than a conspiracy?I cannot believe that all these 50 papers independently decided to print the same story,therefore the papers have conspired.

What is sad is that there are still people who believe the filth these papers print.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
The emails were leaked by the Russian mob to ensure that we're all their oil slaves.

If you really wanna be free then stop doing the dirty work of Putin et al.

Global Warming is real. The emails don't in ANY WAY disprove that.

Most of you haven't read them, you've acted like good little pawns and parroted the quotes the corporate media wants you to believe.

The real struggle is not YOU VS. THE GOVERNMENT it's BUSINESS VS. EVERYONE ELSE.

And guess which side most of you are on? Why it's big business.

Putin says thanks.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by seethelight
The emails were leaked by the Russian mob to ensure that we're all their oil slaves.

If you really wanna be free then stop doing the dirty work of Putin et al.

Global Warming is real. The emails don't in ANY WAY disprove that.

Most of you haven't read them, you've acted like good little pawns and parroted the quotes the corporate media wants you to believe.

The real struggle is not YOU VS. THE GOVERNMENT it's BUSINESS VS. EVERYONE ELSE.

And guess which side most of you are on? Why it's big business.

Putin says thanks.

Strange view- I couldn't care less if The Yorkshire Ripper leaked the emails, it is the content which matters, not who leaked it.

On the subject of oil, I agree about funding new technologies to trying and wean ourselves of Islamic oil, HOWEVER, you do realise that Global Warming is being promoted by BIG BUSINESS AND BIG GOVT- this agenda only benefits the BIG Guys, not the little man, the sole trader, the dude on his own- hence every large corporation now tries to show their Global warming credentials

Global Warming theory is the ultimate tool for control, this should be so blindingly obvious it is untrue

* It brandishes "scientific consensus" about as a debate surpressor
* It is both cataclysmic in it's ability to instill fear "THE END OF HUMAN LIFE", however it is necessarily vague to ensure it can never die (talkin about predictions into the future, and by its very nature it is nebulous, ie, how can someone know if one particular storm is or is not caused by mans' emmissions)
* It is the ultimate tool to end national sovereignty and to increase intrustion into all aspects of your life
* Big business are the only ones who would have the resources and financial capacity to cope with any regulatory requirements
* It will involve taxes, it always does.

So basically, yes, I support trying to find cheaper renewable sources, but I don't buy into the global warming harem scarem mongers

[edit on 7-12-2009 by blueorder]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Frankly, if the MSM really wanted to make a statement about how committed they are to combating global warming, they should have run a one-liner going across the top banner that says:

We donated the $6K (or whatever value for the particular print material) that it would have cost us to promote change in Copenhagen on our front page.

Further, if the leaders of the world really believed in global warming, they would have left their corporate and private jets at home, traded caviar for feeding some of the people they claim are going hungry because of global warming, and actually showed they themselves are making an effort -- instead of simply spending billions of dollars getting together to talk about how we the people are going to pay to fix global warming.

I suppose I've simply reached the breaking point with all of this. I'm tired of the hypocrisy, I'm tired of watching more and more of my money going to fund more and more ridiculousness, and I'm especially tired of watching all of the rich and elite get together to discuss the latest methods to siphoning money from the masses.

They could, at this meeting, with the swipe of a pen out of all of their personal checking accounts, end homelessness and hunger in each and every country they represent.

I realize that none of that will ever happen. But neither will the end to global warming. My understanding is that Mother Nature doesn't accept checks.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by lpowell0627]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Trouble is,big business is so interconnected with governments that it is hard to seperate the two-Business asks,government does.Government asks,business does.

They are hand in glove.Just like Mussolini intended.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

Trouble is,big business is so interconnected with governments that it is hard to seperate the two-Business asks,government does.Government asks,business does.

Indeed, you have it spot on, people use the term "big business" as some sort of anti right wing statement, when this is a completely incorrect way of looking at things- like you say, big govt and big business go hand in hand, big business likes regulation as it can adapt and helps to stamp out the little man

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Also,check out this post by the Redneck-Its a mathematical look at the issue of "man made" climate change.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And as far as I know,he does not work for the FSB.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Indeed, you have it spot on, people use the term "big business" as some sort of anti right wing statement, when this is a completely incorrect way of looking at things- like you say, big govt and big business go hand in hand, big business likes regulation as it can adapt and helps to stamp out the little man

Nonsense.

Big business likes pro-big business regulations.

What the heck do you guys want? No government? What then? Mad Max?

If you REALLY think America is great then you believe in democracy. And if you believe in democracy then you believe in government.

If you believe that business is ruining government then your problem is with business, not government.

If that's the case then do something about business' influence on power. don't simply attack all government, because in a democracy you're attacking society itself.

Society is organized in a democracy around it's leaders. Business leaders know this and do everything in their power to corrupt gov so that seemingly reasonable people trust business more than their own elected representatives.

I for one have no interest in the chaos a lot of you want to replace society with.

Real reform in democracy comes through education, not through simply parroting the talking points of business, Russian criminal gangs and corporate media.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Also,check out this post by the Redneck-Its a mathematical look at the issue of "man made" climate change.

As far as you know an all seeing eye is controlling the white house.... I'll take my chances with science.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
Frankly, if the MSM really wanted to make a statement about how committed they are to combating global warming, they should have run a one-liner going across the top banner that says:

We donated the $6K (or whatever value for the particular print material) that it would have cost us to promote change in Copenhagen on our front page.

Further, if the leaders of the world really believed in global warming, they would have left their corporate and private jets at home, traded caviar for feeding some of the people they claim are going hungry because of global warming, and actually showed they themselves are making an effort -- instead of simply spending billions of dollars getting together to talk about how we the people are going to pay to fix global warming.

I suppose I've simply reached the breaking point with all of this. I'm tired of the hypocrisy, I'm tired of watching more and more of my money going to fund more and more ridiculousness, and I'm especially tired of watching all of the rich and elite get together to discuss the latest methods to siphoning money from the masses.

They could, at this meeting, with the swipe of a pen out of all of their personal checking accounts, end homelessness and hunger in each and every country they represent.

I realize that none of that will ever happen. But neither will the end to global warming. My understanding is that Mother Nature doesn't accept checks.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by lpowell0627]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's true that it would be great if all leaders were as altruistic as you'd like them to be.

It's also true that the rich will ALWAYS behave like spoiled children.

Should we overturn laws against rape because the people who created them were the wealthy elite?

Should we disbelieve that smoking causes cancer because some doctors are less than honest?

You people are so confused.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
wow simply incredible!
This certainly shows the invisible hand at work behind many of the worlds leading newspapers.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
wow simply incredible!
This certainly shows the invisible hand at work behind many of the worlds leading newspapers.

This is not even vaguely true.

All it shows is that no matter what people do some of the most deranged in society will see monsters where none exist.

I remember after 9/11 many papers ran images of people crying around the world... I suppose those people were all in on "it" as well.

Stupid TPTB, wanting me to be sad for dead people. I mean EVERY paper did that so it must be a conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

How do you explain the worldwide melting of the glaciers if not for "Global Warming' ?

www.worldviewofglobalwarming.org...

physicsworld.com...

www.rfa.org...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Nonsense.

not in any dictionary definition of the term "nonsense"

Big business likes pro-big business regulations.

Big business likes regulation full stop, it cuts out the competition- from agriculture in the 1930s America to the financial services industry of 21st century UK

What the heck do you guys want? No government? What then? Mad Max?

What sort of idiot juice have you been drinking- who ever suggested "no government", where is this anarchist lunatic you think you have been reading? The opposite of "BIG GOVERNMENT" would appear to be "SMALL GOVERNMENT", or does your wee dictionary lead you to believe that not liking something to be big means "NO"

Clearly there has to be some form of government, coming back to reality

If you REALLY think America is great then you believe in democracy. And if you believe in democracy then you believe in government.

hate to use text talk but wtf and "lol"? Who exactly are you responding to, none of that seems to be in response to anything I have said, I do not think I have ever said

"I DO NOT THINK AMERICA IS GREAT
"I DO NOT BELIEVE IN DEMOCRACY"
"I DO NOT BELIEVE IN GOVT"

If you believe that business is ruining government then your problem is with business, not government.

again, what is it with making up false beliefs and opinions- big govt and big business go hand in hand, not "big business is running govt)

If that's the case then do something about business' influence on power. don't simply attack all government, because in a democracy you're attacking society itself.

Struggling to understand what you are saying- WHO HAS ATTACKED ALL GOVERNMENT!

Society is organized in a democracy around it's leaders. Business leaders know this and do everything in their power to corrupt gov so that seemingly reasonable people trust business more than their own elected representatives.

soooooooo funny, in light of all the recent political shenanigans here in the UK you suggest politicians do not corrupt themselves- this is magic!

I for one have no interest in the chaos a lot of you want to replace society with.

I for one wish to debate with people who read other peoples' comments and stop making up opinions for them

Real reform in democracy comes through education, not through simply parroting the talking points of business, Russian criminal gangs and corporate media.

Again "WTF"

big embarrassed smiley for you

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

It's also true that the rich will ALWAYS behave like spoiled children.

no, not always

Should we disbelieve that smoking causes cancer because some doctors are less than honest?

You people are so confused.

Yeah, predictions about the climate 100 years into the future are "real" because scientists know there is a link between smoking and cancer, and you accuse others of being confused

Tell you what, I would respect people who believe the harem scarem climate mongers if they lived the life of a sub saharan peasant- if you are gonna lecture the rest of us on your supreme knowledge of climate and "trust" in "science", the switch off the electricity, never fly again and don't eat beef- does that work for ya

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Canadians: The Toronto Star, particularly Tyler Hamilton, is the prime source of doomsday propoganda in Canada. They are on this list of newspapers. I urge you to boycott them.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

As far as you know an all seeing eye is controlling the white house.... I'll take my chances with science.

Hang on,thats silly.
My Avatar has nothing to do with the topic-I could say that you believe in nothing as you do not have an Avatar,if we are going to go down the "sniping at Avatars" route...

As to the link I provided,All that covers is the numbers...Correct me if I am wrong,but mathematics as I understand it IS science.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by gerdony

You are right there, but if you have study the history of the world and climate change through the millennial it was a time when the poles didn't have snow at all, when the so call cave man used to live and big animals used to grace for food.

Climate change is a very important part of our changing earth, it allowes for new species to come forward and old species to go away, the reason is so important now is because is money to be made by big capitalistic pigs at the expenses of tax payer and nations around the world.

Earth will do what earth most do and is not a darn thing that any climate bills is going to change on that, remember the extincted animals in earth, perhaps is time for us human to become nothing but another extinct species, after all we have been the biggest parasites in earth so far.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Yet another post about that the climate change is a fake!
All of you who think that the climate is normal or in a natural circle you're in for huge surprise.
My cousin work at the Stockholm City Administration Office and he went down to the archive and looked through the temperatures back to the 1960`s until present day, and let me tell you it was horrifying info he got.
Last ten years temperature has been rising in an uncontrolled speed, which will be devastating for all of us. These old readings and the major difference he got is not public info.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join