It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEALs on trial for striking Iraqi suspect.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

SEALs on trial for striking Iraqi suspect.

www.journal-news.com

One of the SEALs is accused of punching the detainee after his September arrest, while the other is accused of lying to investigators. A third SEAL also accused of lying to investigators about the episode will be arraigned later.

All three men have men have received an outpouring of support from people who view them as heroes. A Facebook page created to support the SEALs had more than 45,000 members as of Friday, and a California congressman is spearheading a campaign to persuade Defense Secretary Robert Gates to intervene.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I could not find any further info on this event on any of the 'major' news outlets. Although I can certainly understand why the PTB would want to keep something like this quiet. After the debacle in Panama it wouldn't be good to have the Navy elite splattered across the front page of every paper in America. I can think of alot worse things that could happen to a detainee in this world then getting punched in the face....like getting beheaded for one. If any of you reading this does find more info please link it up. I will continue to look after posting this.

www.journal-news.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
ca.news.yahoo.com...

I heard it on Fox this morning, but couldn't find it on their website.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ch1ldofthe70s

On one hand we are at war-propaganda.

On the other hand we are prosecuting military individuals for striking someone that is ARRESTED?

Okay, let me get this straight, tomato, tomauto.

OOOOHHHH, I hate this ******,*******. Self censorship.

Edit to add-OUR FRACKING MILITARY SHOULD NOT BE USED AS POLICE

Everyone has to agree that we need to get the FRACK out of other countries business. Why the HELL didn't Vietnam teach us anything.

We, the US need to get out of every fracking country of the world. NOW!

EMPIRE EMPIRE EMPIRE EMPIRE Pre-emptive war, Pre-emptive incarceration

[edit on 12/6/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zz0409

Thank you zz0409
I like to get as many takes on a subject as I can and maybe filter the BS enough to read between the lines. Your link helps!

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I could not agree more. Sending our troops to (insert foreign country HERE) and asking them to do a job that nobody wants to do then chewing them up in court for doing it is like putting a person in a round room and telling them to pee in the corner. I know there are some troops that go overboard, but I also remember having my own boots on the battlefield and listening to command indirectly imply what actions we were to take. I.E. they used wording that would keep their own a$$e$ out of the fire if the higher ups ever tried prosecuting. Plausible Deniability

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Old news already a thread running

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Thank you DR! Wonder why that didn't surface when i did the ATS search? Either way thanks for the heads up!

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I don't understand why US is so concerned with reputation of no torture.. I certainly think we should treat prisoners humanely, but I think U.S. should let other countries think we are mean! That they should all be scare of us. That our troops are the most well trained baddest in the world.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ch1ldofthe70s

I could not agree more. Sending our troops to (insert foreign country HERE) and asking them to do a job that nobody wants to do then chewing them up in court for doing it is like putting a person in a round room and telling them to pee in the corner. I know there are some troops that go overboard, but I also remember having my own boots on the battlefield and listening to command indirectly imply what actions we were to take. I.E. they used wording that would keep their own a$$e$ out of the fire if the higher ups ever tried prosecuting. Plausible Deniability

If my father's Unit had run into a situation even remotely similar to the one in which these SEALs are being prosecuted for, or where we prosecuted the Marines in Haditha, he would have protected his men at all costs, rather than sell them out as some have done.

It should be noted that the USN Commander is not the one who decided to condemn these SEALs, it was the US Army regional Commander. Again however, my father told me if the Army attempted to go after his men, he would simply tell them to shove it (Which is what he actually did to an Admiral once many years ago).

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by zz0409

I agree! I have always said 'we can't expect to win a smash-mouth football game if our team is playing under no contact rules'.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Too many in command are worried about what damage will be done to their image if they side with their men tho so they don't have the spine to do so. We need more good leadership that won't turn to the nearest soldier and scream "ITS HIS FAULT!".

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ch1ldofthe70s

I also remember having my own boots on the battlefield and listening to command indirectly imply what actions we were to take.

By all means, please elaborate. What service were you in, where did you serve and with what unit?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

On one hand we are at war-propaganda.

On the other hand we are prosecuting military individuals for striking someone that is ARRESTED?

Okay, let me get this straight, tomato, tomauto.

OOOOHHHH, I hate this ******,*******. Self censorship.

Edit to add-OUR FRACKING MILITARY SHOULD NOT BE USED AS POLICE

Everyone has to agree that we need to get the FRACK out of other countries business. Why the HELL didn't Vietnam teach us anything.

We, the US need to get out of every fracking country of the world. NOW!

EMPIRE EMPIRE EMPIRE EMPIRE Pre-emptive war, Pre-emptive incarceration

[edit on 12/6/2009 by endisnighe]

What are you talking about?? It's illegal and against the International Human Rights Conventions to strike a detainee or a POW.. most especially without a reason.

We don't like it and call it tyranny - so lets stop our army from practicing the same callousness. Shoot to kill, survivors are POW's ; not punchbags any more than the Army is a police force.
Grow up a bit

Abductee

[edit on 7-12-2009 by UFOabducteebe]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Don't worry, there will be plenty of this happening in the US after Martial law is declared.

When they connect up the wires, or kick you to death, you will know deep in your own heart, that the US government and military can do no wrong,

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by UFOabducteebe

What you say is true, and if found guilty the SEAL will be punished. But for now all we know is what they are accused of. There may be extenuating circumstances for all we know. The detainee may have resisted or even goaded his captures. If you don't understand that then tell me honestly that you never dealt with another human being that pi$$ed you off to the point you wanted to punch them in the face or did. I am not saying the guys was within his rites, but I am not going to scream for him to get punished until all the facts are known.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

I am not saying that the military can do no wrong. Most of us vets saw plenty of wrong committed by both sides on many battlefields. Crimes committed during war was not invented by the United States. Criminal acts during war happened long before we knew the world was round.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by StarChild

I can not elaborate too much since my campaign record (so to speak) is still not declassified, but I can tell you what country and you can probably figure it out with a little reading up. The country was Bosnia. You may not find as much media on our troops being there as you can on the Middle East since it was a quiet affair. In fact I was, and still am, shocked by the lack of detailed coverage by the media on that 'event'. No doubt people will cry foul on my claim, but I gain nothing if you believe my statement or not. I would be very interested in any articles or pics or media clips you discover. I may have most but I am always looking for more that I may have missed. Thank you in advance StarChild

[EDIT]- to thank you all who have posted for keeping this debate civil and showing some degree of respect to each other and myself. Grade A posters the lot of ya

[edit on 7-12-2009 by ch1ldofthe70s]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...
That is the former head of the seals wife.. my life was in your hands and I didnt say anything.. while i was turning n people who where recruiting for Osama Bin Laden they where selling my way of living with clinton andrerson.. while i was searching for true love sleeping with my bible they set me up wit the pregnant girl from the al qaeda message the days are pregnant. An I come home they destroyed my reputation, Ive been beat3en choked and gven a disease to die.. All the while the seal boys would follow me around the world and say.. my cousin is a seal they are the good guys right?? Well here is your chance will you let Doug be murdered by your leader??
www.abovetopsecret.com...
And the whole world has been only hearing of the seals lying cheating and false flag attacks.. here is your chance Steve Ahlberg ...... He does not let me live so I cannot donate any money to the wounded warriors or there families it is for them.. Listen to the recording my life was in your hands I turned in the Nazis form the Belgium Nazi terror bust only to come home and be called the N word(and obama also) by the USA Navy group who set p clinton anderson gave me a disease and left me to die.. here is your chance steve are you a murdering false flagger?? Do you turn the horse children over to Pfeffer boys to be raped and hooked on drugs??? Or my atheist ex.. her fathers millions dollars is all you cared about? So if you love GOD look here and see are the seals the ones who did 9-11?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
So Seals.. The picture of the guy praying in the Synagogue of Christ my avatar?? That is me.. Here is your Hero.. what chance did I have other than God .. When he decided to take my way of training and sell it with a foreign guy then leave me, if it does not change..as much to die after turning in the people who did 9-11? That is the mentality that would have done 9-11... sorry but it is. And if not here is the perfect place to tell the truth because I will die from what this man set up and he did it for my rival trainers... So did he do a Tanya Harding on all America?? This is the worlds larges conspiracy sight. Read what I went through then think.. The truth?? I want them to have been protecting and defending not just me but all of us.

Captain Steve Ahlberg
Speaker, U.S. Navy, SEAL, retired

Captain Steve Ahlberg focuses on the world of leadership and team building. His credentials speak for themselves. He joined the EASCI team after leaving the Navy as a Commodore of the U.S. Navy SEAL Teams. Ahlberg has “been there and done that”, leading classified contingency missions in some of the most demanding leadership and team environments ever imaginable. He brings clarity, logic, practical wisdom, and intensity to clients who are interested in winning. Ahlberg is a great speaker and consultant who will have you focus on the “why” of teams, the importance of “functional units” in organizations, and their leadership. He has earned an MBA and a Master of Science Degree in Strategic Intelligence. In his spare time, he is a winner in a wide range of equestrian events.

Captain Ahlberg entered active duty upon receiving a commission in 1972. In June 1976, Captain Ahlberg completed Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL (BUDS) Training with Class 87 and was assigned to SEAL Team ONE. Captain Ahlberg’s personal decorations include the Legion of Merit (2), Bronze Star, Meritorious Service Medal (2), Navy Commendation Medal (2), as well as numerous other awards and decorations. On January 31, 2000, Captain Ahlberg retired after over 28 years of active Naval service.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join