It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Age of Stupid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Just found this trailer to a film called "the age of stupid", looks like an interesting film.

It is set in the future, where a man living alone in the devasted world of 2055, looks back at a global archive with inteviews and news footage from 1950-2008 and asks: why didnt we stop climate change when we had the chance?

Info: en.wikipedia.org...

IMDB: www.imdb.com...

I just found the entire 90 min film on this site:

www1.nrk.no...

[edit on 6/12/2009 by Daniem]

[edit on 6/12/2009 by Daniem]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Hey,

This looks very interesting, I was almost expecting a trailer similar to the Mike Judge comedy, Idiocracy. Cheap laughs.

I like the trailer, and I hope it will be what I expect, unlike many movie trailers that make the movie seem much more amazing then it actually is. I wonder if the end of the movie will be predictable? I'm pretty good at predicting the ending of movies within the first few minutes of the movie (bad movies).

Also, I don't think it's wise to post a link to the actual movie being hosted by a website that doesn't follow copyright laws.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
From the the wikipedia page

The producers calculated the carbon footprint of the film's production to be around 95 tonnes of CO2, and its promotion around 57 tonnes.

No, this has nothing to do with the Church of Climatology. /s

No, this has nothing to do with propaganda. /s

Sorry, I am a non-believer/denialist/heretic.

Pollution is real, CO2 caused Global Warming is not science, it is politically motivated to tax and control, hence cause more harm than good. Environmentalists better wake up to the snakes they sleep with.

I used to like this actor, I guess I add him to Jane Fonda list, never spend a dime on list.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daniem
and asks: why didnt we stop climate change when we had the chance?

The funny thing I take from this is...the movie is "The Age of Stupid" and you misqoute the quote in the trailer. He didn't say

"why didn't we stop climate change when we had the chance? "

He said

"why didn't we save ourselves when we had the chance?"

Age of STUPID indeed.

I think it is more interesting to look at what people see/hear, when they WANT to see/hear things.

Just a little insight from my side.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I don't get why we are going to stop all the movements that try to reduce CO2 emissions because of the "climategate." Couldn't those e-mails (which are the main point in the "scandal") have been made up by a big company that didn't want a carbon tax? Besides, it would be good to try and stop global warming whether or not its real. To stop it we switch to renewable energy sources that has no emissions.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nematode
Also, I don't think it's wise to post a link to the actual movie being hosted by a website that doesn't follow copyright laws.

Ehh.. NrK is the Norwegian state television so i should think this is OK?
Maybe they have put money in this production and own rights.
Funny, but early in the movie you also see something similar to a Norwegian DeepCon oil/gas platform as Shell/Statoils "Troll" where the main character resides.

new topics

top topics

join