It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colton Harris-Moore, the barefoot boy bandit, outfoxes sheriffs

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
How typical of Hollywood to start bidding on a movie deal.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracyrus

Things like that sound unbelievable but things like that really happen.
I know a guy who slammed into another car, made a looping in the air and landed on his wheels. He continued his trip. I have independent witnesses who were with him in the car.
I also know a guy who was supposedly unable to walk after a severe accident. He fell 30 feet deep into a loading area of a cargo ship, he broke his legs and pelvis. He was walking before the doctors knew, committed a bank robbery and crawled back into his wheelchair. The police knew it was him but the doctors said it was impossible because he couldn't walk and he got away with it.
These things do happen!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

hmmm, my girlfriend told me he got caught, and I believed her, but yeah I cant find anything that says he's in custody either...so apparently she has no idea what she's talking about.

She blames her coworker, I got them tryin to find the info now.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
For one I think this is AWESOME!
If I loose my job, I might go join him.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Good stuff....until my house is on his route back into the forrest.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

Nice one mate. Keep us posted. You'll probably hear something before most of us, being close by etc.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
According to this article from Friday the 4th, his mother claims that she doesn't know his location and speaks to him occasionally on an untraceable (mm hmm, right) phone, but that "he doesn't live outside. He lives in a home, has his own room". I assume that she would know. Right now in the majority of western Washington, the high temperature will be just below freezing. I live in the foothills and it was 17 degrees when I went to bed last night. Living outside right now would practically be a death sentence. Especially in the higher elevations.
While I personally do not understand idolizing someone who chooses to steal from others instead of earning his own way (this is not some romantic survivalist fantasy. He would rather take a few minutes to steal than a few hours to earn), I do hope he gets caught without incident and gets the help he needs.

Local article link -----> www.heraldnet.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
By the way, this isn't "Breaking Alternative News" We had a brief thread about this in BTS a few months back. Not that I'm trying to be the "post police" or anything. I just remember getting irritated at the adulation and adoration of a petty thief.

BTS Thread------> www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
yeah so apparently I've got no proof of him being captured, so in yer face anti-fans! Colt is still on the loose and he's gonna rob you and me next!!! BOOOO YAH!

the revolution will not be televised; it will be left on digital cameras in recently ransacked homes from coast to coast!!! FLY COLTON FLY!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

I figured

This kid is obviously unstoppable and anyone that tries to stop "The Legend" should be forewarned.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Excellent news LS! I wonder if he reads ATS?
If you do Colton, keep your head down, mate, & get out of Washington. Give it a rest, at least until this "Armed & Dangerous" thing blows over.

"I fought the law and the law won."

~ Sonny Curtis (I prefer the cover version by The Clash myself)
The point is, you can be lucky. The police can keep making mistakes. You only have to make a mistake once & they'll fill you full of holes.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I have a question for everyone that calls him a petty thief,

If he needed something would YOU help him? a total stranger at the door?

doubtful.

why should he care for you if you're all so quick to damn the kid?

do what u gotta do.

obviously he didn't need to do half the junk he did,

but I doubt he was thinking that at the time.

Maybe after the mistake he can learn from it and in time,
on retrospect,
realise the error of his ways.

I think its a pity that alot of people here aren't willing to give him the chance.

I just got out of the courtrooms today regarding a car crash.....
I feel for this kid a lot.

what I admire about him is his 'against the grain' mentality....
regarding non criminal lifestyle aspects,
especially for the age.....and his determination to:

'become who you are......NO GUARANTEES!"

....to quote the infamous Chris Hyatt...
the virtual Baphomet of psychology.....

Kind regards,

-B.M

[edit on 9/12/09 by B.Morrison]

P.S) @ LS, that avatar with the gun would be cooler if u weren't holding a gun

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Well - all of you people romaticizing this petty thief should remember that us here in Washington State just recently (quite foolishly) let a career criminal have a "chance" by letting him out on bail. There are now 9 innocent little children of cops that are without one of their parents because of this "chance". I don't wish him to be killed or harmed, just locked up before things escalate and another child is without their mother or father.

No matter how much you want to "stick it to the man" or whatever other silly argument that you give to promote stealing, you are just being cheerleaders for a petty thief.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

Yes, B. Morrison, I would and often do help out strangers. Even with the knowledge that some of them will likely just get drunk or high with my "help". The point with your little "folk hero" is that he has been busted more than once and released. He has had more than a couple of "second chances" and still chooses to steal and destroy other peoples property because it's a thrill for him. This may not yet hurt anyone physically, but I know that if he broke into my house in this economy, just the damage alone could send me into bankruptcy. He does not care what harm his actions cause to others and I doubt it even crosses his mind. You and others with the same cultlike following of this criminal are - in reality - supporting harm to innocent people.

edited to add: Another thing - you say that we are all so "quick to damn the kid". You, on the other hand are quick to screw innocent people. Just to keep from working. Such empathy for the victims.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by tallcool1]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1
reply to post by B.Morrison

Yes, B. Morrison, I would and often do help out strangers. Even with the knowledge that some of them will likely just get drunk or high with my "help".

Yeah and the last homeless man i saw in the park i walked over and offered him half my lunch, he took it and in return offered my his bottle of vodka, I declined, said enjoy the food man, and walked away.

you don't dictate what people do with your help, you either help your fellow man, or you don't.

I got cornered by a drunk biker gang member in a rough neighbourhood i used to have to frequent via bus system to get to work, he followed me for several bus's trying to scare me & steal my cigarettes...while we were waiting for the interchanging bus to arrive I started asking him questions, rolled a few smokes, shared a smoke with him & found out his story, turns out there was a hit on him, ended in a deep & meaningful where he was in tears saying "i'm scared.....i didn't want to be like this" ...went from trying to rob me, to thinking of me as a friend, and he was very drunk too.

Point is, people CAN change.

The point with your little "folk hero" is that he has been busted more than once and released.

"little folk hero"....can you do ANYTHING without resorting to name calling?

He has had more than a couple of "second chances"

point to them...where are they?

and still chooses to steal and destroy other peoples property because it's a thrill for him.

you don't know why he does what he does.

This may not yet hurt anyone physically, but I know that if he broke into my house in this economy, just the damage alone could send me into bankruptcy. He does not care what harm his actions cause to others and I doubt it even crosses his mind.

bankruptcy is easier to come back from than jail. I've had both in my family so i've personal experience to back my claims. I couldn't care less about you or your money to be frank.

also everything U just said, I agree with & mentioned in posts SUPPORTING the kid, so what the heck IS your point other than to re-iterate what we already know????? I think you're just angry and aren't willing to understand the other point of view.....see....everyone here has already been exposed to your exact point of view and discussed it. I have yet to see you make one original contribution to this thread.

You and others with the same cultlike following of this criminal are - in reality - supporting harm to innocent people.

B.S man, that's total nonsense. I'm not following him like I'm in a cult, I clearly explain what I do & DON'T like about this kid in my previous posts and why. It is not my fault if you don't read the bloody thread properly.
My reasons are logical rational & compassionate. To compare people posting positive things about this story, to a 'cult worship'....I don't even know how to put it to you how ridiculous that is.

supporting harm to innocent people? he has yet to hurt anyone. And simply acknowledging the positive aspects of this story does not in any way support violence, that also, is a ball-sy yet completely unfounded accusation of yours.

I.e. you sound like an angry guy, who neglected to fill himself in on most of the conversation so far.

edited to add: Another thing - you say that we are all so "quick to damn the kid". You, on the other hand are quick to screw innocent people. Just to keep from working. Such empathy for the victims.

No, that's not true at all. I've made a dozen posts here and never once commended him on his criminal activity, you are making downright FALSE accusations. IF you'd bothered to read ALL the posts here, you'd see that myself and another person who had positive things to say about this kid, have both been victims of burglary. The other poster/'victim' here had been violently mugged even, and was still able to wish this kid a happy future, to say the least. also "just 2 keep from working" shows u don't get it.

Well - all of you people romaticizing this petty thief should remember that us here in Washington State just recently (quite foolishly) let a career criminal have a "chance" by letting him out on bail. There are now 9 innocent little children of cops that are without one of their parents because of this "chance".

cop killers suck. But you know, theres a few billion jailed convicts probably celebrating...not saying it sits well with me, just saying, what was bad the world, was good for hitler, what was good for the world, was bad for hitler....point being that the concepts of 'good & bad' and 'right & wrong' are an illusion, theres only ever been, only is, and only ever will be, different points of view.

I don't wish him to be killed or harmed, just locked up before things escalate and another child is without their mother or father.

Your sentiments really do not differ whatsoever from the side you argue against other than the jail time. I say pay back the people he stole from & leave it at that. Jail doesn't prevent crime, it propagates it.

No matter how much you want to "stick it to the man" or whatever other silly argument that you give to promote stealing, you are just being cheerleaders for a petty thief.

Don't dictate back to me what i'm doing from a ignorant point of view and for that matter, I know exactly what i'm doing/i've done & what makes you think i need you enlightening me on that???? jesus the freakin arrogance man......

look you either haven't read the damned posts or didn't understand them, because my arguments were NOT silly nor were many others here. Nor was I promoting crime. more unfounded accusations.

Anyway, I shouldn't have to defend myself against people who don't even read the previous posts properly, because they don't even understand what they're arguing against. and yet they keep popping up.....with yet again...more of the same stagnant generalisations....

-B.Morrison

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Agreed, I like this kid nice to see someone with balls for once.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Pappa_Bear

Age would have to do with a condecending viewpoint but I suppose your above all that.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

as for condescending, I don't see that, of course since you seemed to either fail to read all the post I made, or unable to comprehend what was said, then it may be that age is a factor. I would also think that it may very well be that with age I have quite a bit of experience as well that will dictate and bias myself. You seem to not understand or take that into consideration, so it really is your age that should be questioned.

Try living life for another 20 years or so then get back to me.

p.s. please refer to the last line of my sig.

[edit on 13/12/2009 by Pappa_Bear]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join