It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colton Harris-Moore, the barefoot boy bandit, outfoxes sheriffs

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
He sounds like "Ratboy" a young nee'r do well from the UK a while back who used to live rough,terrorise the public and live/hide in ventilation shafts!

Last year Anthony Kennedy told the Chronicle was turning his life around after finding God. Twenty years ago he was one of Tyneside’s most notorious young criminals, dubbed Ratboy by the Chronicle, after he would retreat to a makeshift lair in the ventilation shafts of his former Byker Wall home in Newcastle. He would roam the streets at the age of 10, terrorising neighbours. Despite his distraught parents’ efforts to bring him home and curb his offending, Anthony would run away again. But turned a new leaf when he discovered Christianity and said he had cleaned up his act. Anthony, 28, had his first police caution at the age of 10. By 13 he had committed 55 offences and escaped from care 37 times.

www.chroniclelive.co.uk...

Although Ratboy was never really looked at as a folk hero/robin hood type,more just a prolific crimminal juvenile.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Sapping resources from Law Enforcement????? I mean really? Because they don't spend money foolishly as it is? So your gonna peg that one on this kid? This kids awesome keep it up. Also your survivalist friends do they have jobs or do they sepnd ENTIRELY all their time in the woods?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Ummmm the little diddy about the air craft, is actually true. www.cnn.com...

unless someone else stole it, like superman and he flew away before impact.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The thing that comes to mind is TMNT pizza and all.

[edit on 7/12/09 by Arkansas]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Pappa_Bear

If I lived in the area I'd leave the kid a box so he wouldn't have to come in the house. This kid is the only truely free person I've read about in quite sometime. I suppose you've got life all figured out and feel the need to oppress that on everyone here, gl with that. Also your age may come into question here.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
So how soon do ya'll think it will take for him to get a recruited by the FEDS or CIA?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I liked this story, true or not I believe this kid just wants attention but he must be really smart. I bet this kid is trying to make a statement or something like he comes from the water.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by NEWclearMind

I'm very sorry. I stopped Reading after I read the word "whilst". You gave up your rights to firearms long ago. Therefore you get what you deserve. Also, your argument is null and void in my opinion.
Indeed you are "very sorry". A sorrier excuse for a post has not yet graced this thread. If you didn't read my argument, by what means did you come to your opinion that it is null & void?
Perhaps you'd like to explain what firearms have got to do with anything? As it happens, I could legally own rifles & shotguns, but if I had chosen to, chances are that when my house was burgled, whilst nobody was in (as is often the case with such crime), then there'd just be more weapons in the hands of criminals. Similarly, if I'd noticed people stealing my cars or other stuff, I'd have done something about it, regardless of firearms, but I didn't see it happen. In fact, the time I was battered & robbed was in Morroco. I'm not certain, but I think I may have been entitled to carry a pistol, certainly a sword or the like, but I chose not to.
Why? Because I know that the chances of such a thing happening are quite slim; I was unlucky. Whereas the chances of an argument turning into a few punches thrown are not so slim & carrying weapons would inevitably lead to much worse consequences.

Also, your argument is null and void in my opinion. Thank you, good day.
Also, you are a troll, in my opinion. You're welcome & your passive/aggressive tone shows clearly why you'd need to hide behind a gun. Good luck.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
So how soon do ya'll think it will take for him to get a recruited by the FEDS or CIA?

Sure, with his face plastered all over the world wide web, he'll disappear into the crowd. A perfect agent.

But more likely, he'll die in a high speed pursuit while stealing another car. I can only hope he won't hurt anybody else.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Great story thanks for posting it! I love this kid. I left some comments under my stage name... Harley Lauren. Here in Florida there was a fellow who became notorious for continually getting arrested for driving his truck. The problem was he had no arms and one leg. He was not supposed to drive at all but he kept outsmarting and out running the cops.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Very funny story too.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
But just stop and think for a minute about how this fool is nothing more than a miserable criminal. If I lived around there and he stepped foot on my property while my family and I were home he would have two in his chest before he even heard the gunshot.

Nobody has the right to come on my property and take my stuff....well, other than "the man" I guess, lol.

Very good. That's your way of life. Shoot him if you want. But don't tell him how to live his life. He doesn't tell you what to do with your life.

"The one right way" for everyone. This is what we are caught in.

www.gutenberg.org...

Is there, deep under the accumulated debris of culture, a hidden groundwork of the old-time savage? Is there even in these well-regulated times an unsubdued nature in the respectable mental household of every one of us that still kicks against the pricks of law and order?

To make my meaning more clear, would not every boy, for instance—that is, every boy of any account—rather be a pirate captain than a Member of Parliament?

[edit on 7-12-2009 by pai mei]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

What is wrong with people?
How can they be so petty and hateful.
The kid wants to live like an Indian - and we know what happened to them.
Total freedom really bothers people. I think because they drape themselves in chains and say they are free when they know they are not. They want others to suffer too. If you are standing at a stop sign, waiting for no one...you are not free.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Wow that's a great story too. My fav part: even with 1 leg, he kicked a state trooper!
5yrs - what a bummer! I cant see Colton getting less than 15 tho, if he even survives capture. Shame.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
It's only a matter of time until he gets caught. Although I do question the intelligence of those who have made attempts to apprehend this kid. And that of his parents. I don't think it's his fault that he does bad things, but he will be the one that pays for it. It's sad really.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by NoJoker13

What is wrong with people?
How can they be so petty and hateful.
The kid wants to live like an Indian - and we know what happened to them.
Total freedom really bothers people. I think because they drape themselves in chains and say they are free when they know they are not. They want others to suffer too. If you are standing at a stop sign, waiting for no one...you are not free.

This boy is not living like the indians, he is robbing houses. It would be one thing if he was living off the land then he would be another among large numbers of people who have escaped modern society, which is perfectly acceptable and deserves its own respect.

What part of this boy robbing and stealing from people and families dont you understand?

He is not stealing or punishing the banksters or energy companies etc. He is damaging and causing great grief and yes fear in regular hard working people and their families.

This boy is a selfish criminal glamorize him all you want, but in the end of the day he is nothing more than a thief. If he doesn't end up dead he might be offered to have his story made into a movie. But we will see how long this kids lifestyle will last. That is what most people dont realize about criminals like this boy or like drug dealers, they live fast and glamorous for a short bit, then when they are caught life is miserable.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

You haven't picked apart anything, you are just still making up excuses for this thief. Justify it how you want but it doesn't change the fact that this kid is nothing more than an inventive thief.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
reply to post by NEWclearMind

Is there some unwritten rule that says Americans who use the word whilst should lose the right to bear arms?

What is the deal here?
Do you have all of your chromosomes? He was from Europe. Go play with your Teddy bear.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
This kid is one SAVVY individual, and what I like about this is he is largely a self taught survivalist, living in the thick of nature, between his brazen escapades of naughtiness and mischief. lol!

Survivalists don't steal to survive.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

Maybe I need to specify. Once I realized you were from europe, which I deduced by reading the word whilst, then looking to your profile and seeing Location: Europe. I stopped reading and chuckled on the inside. I knew nothing you said about this argument was founded in reality. As the right to bear arms, you know not about. Your arguments to anything involving weapons, crimes, or anything involving said items are null and void. Just like asking a childs advice on financial manners. In the future, please respond to abovetopsecret.uk . I'm sure you'll find a caring ear there.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riposte

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
This kid is one SAVVY individual, and what I like about this is he is largely a self taught survivalist, living in the thick of nature, between his brazen escapades of naughtiness and mischief. lol!

Survivalists don't steal to survive.

Football players don't need a ball to play football. Now does that make sense? Neither did your comment. By every meaning of the word, a "survivalist" will do what it takes to survive. If it means killing, stealing, or listening to people post on here like you to get their post count up. Whether you agree withhat this kid is doing or not is one
thing. And whether he's doing it for attention or survival is another. But I suggest a dictionary for you. Preferrably the section that starts with S.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join